***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

buzzbomb1958
20 minutes ago, benny said:

Sevco must be doing a lot better debt wise now.

Yep a big hole in their 130 million pound debt they racked up since their rebirth but can’t see it putting them even after all they have to pay back , 10 -15 million to Ashley, the rest of Kent’s transfer fee believed to be 5million the loan deals about 3 million, and the loans to the directors about 5 million and the rest ,it will help but they’ve maybe just cleared their feet maybe

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yep a big hole in their 130 million pound debt they racked up since their rebirth but can’t see it putting them even after all they have to pay back , 10 -15 million to Ashley, the rest of Kent’s transfer fee believed to be 5million the loan deals about 3 million, and the loans to the directors about 5 million and the rest ,it will help but they’ve maybe just cleared their feet maybe

I honestly wouldn't hold my breathe if I were you. Like all the football dinosaurs they will stagger through any debt issues.  Its wishful thinking that there exists a God of football fairness. Not going to happen.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They will be fine now

Delusional to think otherwise 

2 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

The whole of the Romanov regime was speculate to accumulate and look where that ultimately led us. We didn't chuck transfer fees around like confetti last summer and our recruitment was as good as you can remember. Some are just looking at Aberdeens spending thinking we're being left behind when there's still 6 weeks to the end of the window.

Same with the Robinson group. Desperate for success but came at a price. 

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Same with the Robinson group. Desperate for success but came at a price. 

It's a risky game to play for sure. That £6m will probably offset the difference in prize money, European money, season ticket money and Hickey sell on that we brought in this summer. They need to keep churning out highly rated youngsters to keep up the influx of decent transfer money because no-one's paying healthy fees for anyone outside the Old Firm.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

It's a risky game to play for sure. That £6m will probably offset the difference in prize money, European money, season ticket money and Hickey sell on that we brought in this summer. They need to keep churning out highly rated youngsters to keep up the influx of decent transfer money because no-one's paying healthy fees for anyone outside the Old Firm.

They won’t get all that money this season though - most likely over 3 seasons. 

We get all the money this season with most up front or big chunk anyway.

3 hours ago, OTT said:

I suspect Rangers couldn't afford Kingsley. He's just signed a long term contract with the club and is absolutely crucial to our team. On top of that, I don't think we should be selling to rivals on principle. 

I'd start bidding at £5m because he's worth that to us. We'd not replace him easily and should be compensated accordingly for that. Anything less isn't worth the hassle to the team.

I suspect Rangers either have a youngster who is ready to step up or Gio has contacts down south or abroad who could bring in a younger player they can develop to try and replicate the Bassey situation. 

They are selling Bassey for £15m plus, they could afford Kingsley if they really wanted him. 

4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

They are selling Bassey for £15m plus, they could afford Kingsley if they really wanted him. 

Can afford but, as per usual hun tactics, would probably offer buttons. 

11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Can afford but, as per usual hun tactics, would probably offer buttons. 

I agree with that. 

mickycameron98

Ross county have just signed that guy who cleared the ball off the opposing goal line when it was going in. He's a striker

Edited by mickycameron98

Footballfirst
44 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Ross county have just signed that guy who cleared the ball off the opposing goal line when it was going in. He's a striker

Edited by Footballfirst

55 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

bbc transfer page on the ball as usual

17 July

Scottish Premiership

William Akio [Valour FC - Rangers] Undisclosed

5 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Surely Liverpool will not sell Ben Davis to Rangers when they have not paid the outstanding Kent money, according to buzzbomb 1958 🤣🤣

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Boyce effectively did the same last season to be fair.

buzzbomb1958
4 hours ago, Largo said:

Surely Liverpool will not sell Ben Davis to Rangers when they have not paid the outstanding Kent money, according to buzzbomb 1958 🤣🤣

They can pay their outstanding debt but there’s still a massive shortfall this sounds a bit like something a Plastic fc sympathiser would say

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

Just watched the sports segment on my local news here in Canada and they just reported the William Akio (sp) has just been signed by a  and I quote” Prestigious European Squad” Ross County!

If you didn’t know befor! Now you do!😂

19 hours ago, Westfield Hearts said:

I like Kingsley but he will never be a 5m pound player, he has had a spell down south, won't go back there, in my opinion not good enough for OF, great he stays with us for rest of his career, hopefully.

Kingsley is a far better player now than the one that came to us. He’s a better player than Souttar now IMO. He has goals, gets forward, defends well, can pass and cross, can strike a dead ball, reasonably quick, and he stays fit. I’d hate to lose him now but £5million wouldn’t be outrageous when you see what Ramsey, Doig and McKenna recently went for

Edited by JimmyCant

Westfield Hearts
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Aaron Mooy to Celtic looking likely. 

After initially saying not interested.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Done deal I think. He’s a good player. 

Shanghai to Glasgow. No difference. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Done deal I think. He’s a good player. 

Shanghai to Glasgow. No difference. 

Strange thing is it looks like only a years deal with the option of a second. Does that mean they have missed out on someone they wanted 

how much was that sell on for hickey? looking forward to seeing him mix it up in premier league and shows what a great move it was by our coaching team moving him to RB. He was an AM/LW behind karamoko dembele at celtic before he came to us.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Strange thing is it looks like only a years deal with the option of a second. Does that mean they have missed out on someone they wanted 

I think at 31 years old a year with another year extension is a good move by Celtic. Minimising any risk in the signing.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think at 31 years old a year with another year extension is a good move by Celtic. Minimising any risk in the signing.

You say that but they did give McCarthy a 4 year deal last summer 😂

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Clearly wasn't an Ange signing though that one - maybe even signed before or just as he came in the door.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Clearly wasn't an Ange signing though that one - maybe even signed before or just as he came in the door.

I'm sure it was thought at the time that McCarthy was a Desmond signing, as he wanted an Irish player in that team.

Mr Elwood P
40 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Learnt their lesson perhaps?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Great to see the young lad Dylan Reid say no to Celtic and stay at st Mirren. Wise boy as he needs time to develop

agreed. Would love to see more young players do the same 

22 hours ago, Callum231 said:

how much was that sell on for hickey? looking forward to seeing him mix it up in premier league and shows what a great move it was by our coaching team moving him to RB. He was an AM/LW behind karamoko dembele at celtic before he came to us.

See him a lot at right back? I didn’t. 

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Great to see the young lad Dylan Reid say no to Celtic and stay at st Mirren. Wise boy as he needs time to develop

Never in a million years was the lad signing for Celtic .

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Indeed .... but interesting that the "special relationship" St. Mirren have with Celtic seems to have been used.

Can anyone imagine them giving permission to any other club  to speak to the lad ?

20 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Indeed .... but interesting that the "special relationship" St. Mirren have with Celtic seems to have been used.

Can anyone imagine them giving permission to any other club  to speak to the lad ?

Celtic actually met the price St Mirren had set for Dylan , after meeting with Celtic he has decided that his did not fancy going to Celtic .

Also finance would never have turned the lad's head, he comes from a very affluent background.

On 18/07/2022 at 09:53, Salad Fingers said:

Decent signing that I'm afraid.  Just another player who will come off their bench but would be the best player at 99% of their opponents.

5 minutes ago, dougal said:

Jordan Jones back to Killie on loan

So now they need big guys to fill the box for all the freekicks won from his diving

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Dundee united sign Central coast mariners goalie - Mark Birighitti

Is the A-League flitting en masse to the SPFL?

2 hours ago, Largo said:

Celtic actually met the price St Mirren had set for Dylan , after meeting with Celtic he has decided that his did not fancy going to Celtic .

Also finance would never have turned the lad's head, he comes from a very affluent background.

For affluent read staunch.

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

For affluent read staunch.

Had a wee chuckle at that Homme , but seriously were the likes of Gilmour/ Chelsea & Taylor/Celtic may have had their heads turned by the promises of cash it would make no difference to this kid or his family .

PS ..He's also Staunch 👍

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Largo said:

Would he have said no to the Govan gangsters?

Салатные палочки

51 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

McInnis making a couple of decent signings 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

McInnis making a couple of decent signings 

Think Killie are going to be a right pain in the arse to play against this season. Could get top 6.

47 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Think Killie are going to be a right pain in the arse to play against this season. Could get top 6.

He was pretty pish last year for St Mirren but sometimes players suit certain teams.

I don’t think they’ll get top 6 though. I think if they didn’t have McInnes they might struggle to stay up.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He was pretty pish last year for St Mirren but sometimes players suit certain teams.

I don’t think they’ll get top 6 though. I think if they didn’t have McInnes they might struggle to stay up.

Saw a St Mirren fan making that point that he was poor for them and hasn't played well since he left Killie.

Would agree, think they will stay up (think St Johnstone look clear favourites to go down) but they wont be top 6.