***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There not going about it quietly,they have signed about 8 players and spend nearly £2 million now including £400k on a guy today who has never played a senior game.

Aye ok thats them written off now , cheers 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Aye ok thats them written off now , cheers 

Where did I write them off?you have said they are going about things quietly when clearly there are not.

Hearts on the other hand.....

7 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Aberdeen in the market are quietly going about there business,they will be a bigger threat to us than DU and hibs IMO

Yet some write all 3 off for whatever reason they have 

😂 maybe it’s because they were useless last year, have sold their best two players and have bought a lot of untested players for big money.

The sad thing is there’s fans who would be happy us pissing money up the wall for the sake of making a few signings. Then the same people would slag the club off when they turn out to be shite.

Both hibs and Aberdeen have done massive rebuilds. Dundee United haven’t needed to make as many changes but we were still well ahead of them last year.

To flip your statement on yourself. Why do you think hearts won’t do as well this year?

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

😂 maybe it’s because they were useless last year, have sold their best two players and have bought a lot of untested players for big money.

The sad thing is there’s fans who would be happy us pissing money up the wall for the sake of making a few signings. Then the same people would slag the club off when they turn out to be shite.

Both hibs and Aberdeen have done massive rebuilds. Dundee United haven’t needed to make as many changes but we were still well ahead of them last year.

To flip your statement on yourself. Why do you think hearts won’t do as well this year?

Did i say that,mm , need to look back and see where

Fair enough, quietly was the wrong word

Just think our threat to 3rd isnt a gimmy and some just write off our rivals on here to easily imo

22 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think he does on paper.The rest look like total punts this one looks to actually make sense

Agreed, his CV looks almost Avlonitis/Struna levels of amazing

1 minute ago, SCFHearts said:

Did i say that,mm , need to look back and see where

Fair enough, quietly was the wrong word

Just think our threat to 3rd isnt a gimmy and some just write off our rivals on here to easily imo

No one has said it’s a ‘gimmy’ however we should be favourites based on last year and current recruitment.

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

No one has said it’s a ‘gimmy’ however we should be favourites based on last year and current recruitment.

Looking at the squads I still think we are definitely better than them in midfield and defence.Up front we look a bit short but I'm sure that will be rectified.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, SCFHearts said:

Aberdeen in the market are quietly going about there business,they will be a bigger threat to us than DU and hibs IMO

I don’t think people realise that all it will take for Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee United to improve their positions is for them to have got better than St Mirren, livvi, Motherwell, St Johnstone etc.

Thats where they got bogged down last year.

They don’t need to have got better than us.l or even close the gap on us. They just need to have got better than the complete dross in our league that they couldn’t regularly beat last season.

If people are being honest, with the money being spent, that is highly likely. 

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hearts biggest threat to 3rd is Hearts 

Agreed. 

Nothing I've seen from Hibs or Aberdeen is looking remotely close to a side that is going to worry us. Thats not to say, they can't hurt us, but that will be because we've dropped the ball. 

3rd very much ours to lose IMO. 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agreed. 

Nothing I've seen from Hibs or Aberdeen is looking remotely close to a side that is going to worry us. Thats not to say, they can't hurt us, but that will be because we've dropped the ball. 

3rd very much ours to lose IMO. 

Retaining third is a rare thing in our division. Retaining it and increasing the gap will be a real result, especially if we do similar in the Cup, or go further in the League cup,

Sure, we should aim for at least third, and cup finals/wins, but with Europe and the fact that other teams below us are spending big (for our league) money then we need to temper our more arrogant expectations. 

Its a nonsense to suggest that Aberdeen, Hibernian or Dundee Utd have lots to do in order to close the gap on us in third place. If they get their recruitment at the level where they are comfortably better than the other 5 or so teams they will automatically threaten our standing. If we dont sign some genuine quality in the final third, I fear for us. How many no scoring away days await us. When we had a whirlwind transfer window in the summer of 2005, nobody gave us a chance, too many new players etc but look at the transformation. For what its worth, I think Aberdeen will be a vastly superior side this season and wont have distraction of european football commitments.

19 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Retaining third is a rare thing in our division. Retaining it and increasing the gap will be a real result, especially if we do similar in the Cup, or go further in the League cup,

Sure, we should aim for at least third, and cup finals/wins, but with Europe and the fact that other teams below us are spending big (for our league) money then we need to temper our more arrogant expectations. 

I don't think its arrogant, Hibs have struggled since they've lost Boyle, and Aberdeen have just lost two massive players for them (Ferguson and Ramsay). They were both bottom 6 sides, so have a gulf to overcome to challenge for 3rd next season. We were a Championship side before finishing 3rd, so a lot can change in a short space of time, no denying that, however, we've not weakened really. Lost Souttar, but he'd miss half the season anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Its a nonsense to suggest that Aberdeen, Hibernian or Dundee Utd have lots to do in order to close the gap on us in third place. If they get their recruitment at the level where they are comfortably better than the other 5 or so teams they will automatically threaten our standing. If we dont sign some genuine quality in the final third, I fear for us. How many no scoring away days await us. When we had a whirlwind transfer window in the summer of 2005, nobody gave us a chance, too many new players etc but look at the transformation. For what its worth, I think Aberdeen will be a vastly superior side this season and wont have distraction of european football commitments.

Mon, thats to accurate for some on here 

We get a couple in im sure we will be good for 3rd, see what pans out 

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

I actually think the biggest thread to us and third is European football. I wouldn't change it for the world but I kn ow there are some folks out there who underestimate how tough a season this might be.

2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I actually think the biggest thread to us and third is European football. I wouldn't change it for the world but I kn ow there are some folks out there who underestimate how tough a season this might be.

Yep. We aren't used to it as a club and the extra fixtures will be a huge test. 

Dundee Utd just lost Calum Butcher to Burton. Might be old news but I've just read for the first time that he was caught at it with Siegrist's girlfriend, splitting them up and also knackering his own marriage. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think its arrogant, Hibs have struggled since they've lost Boyle, and Aberdeen have just lost two massive players for them (Ferguson and Ramsay). They were both bottom 6 sides, so have a gulf to overcome to challenge for 3rd next season. We were a Championship side before finishing 3rd, so a lot can change in a short space of time, no denying that, however, we've not weakened really. Lost Souttar, but he'd miss half the season anyway. 

I said the "more arrogant", not that any hope or expectation to finish third at least, was being arrogant.

With some posters you would think Gordon saves any shot that comes remotely close, Devlin wins everything in midfield and Simms* never misses. 

*Simms/Shankland/Boyce/Anderson/.........

ShakenNotStirred
4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

No doubt. This will be the most games we have played as a club for a long time. Really going to test our depth, which right now we obviously need to improve upon. Will be fun too of course, either in the EL or ECL. We shall see how it goes!

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think its why its really important we get a better number 2. Gordon is an exceptionally good goalkeeper, he's also 39 years old and there is always a risk of injury. If we're reliant on Ross Stewart for any period of time next season, finishing 3rd will become exponentially harder. He's got the least ability of all the number 2s in the top flight. 

Obviously important to get strikers etc. in too, but we really need to step up our 2nd choice keeper too. Its our achilies heel IMO. We saw the damage a goalkeeper that doesn't inspire confidence in their defence can do to results and momentum (poppadum hands). 

The extra games in europe will 100% put more of a strain on our squad and require greater use of our depth. I think Robbie is doing the business in getting players in who can add to that depth but really truly believe an improvement on Ross Stewart is essential. 

6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Fair Point

11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That’s why our games in the league should be prioritised. The emphasis next season should be on getting back to Europe not doing well in Europe.

12 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Dundee Utd just lost Calum Butcher to Burton. Might be old news but I've just read for the first time that he was caught at it with Siegrist's girlfriend, splitting them up and also knackering his own marriage. 

Source? 

13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Source? 

Calum Butcher may have kicked his last ball for Dundee United. 

Tam Courts revealed the midfielder won’t play for the club again this season. 

The midfielder hasn’t been involved in the United first-team since he returned late from the last international break.

Courts stated it was “a private matter” and that the 31-year-old wouldn’t play this campaign.

It now casts major doubt on Butcher’s long-term future at Tannadice, even though he has a deal with the Scottish Premiership outfit that is due until the summer of 2024.

32 minutes ago, S Form said:

That’s why our games in the league should be prioritised. The emphasis next season should be on getting back to Europe not doing well in Europe.

This is where we need to learn how to be a ‘big club’  Getting 3rd again is the top of the targets I’d say but it doesn’t in itself guarantee group stage European football. So this European season might well be a one off and I want to see us maximising it. Also, the cups (both cups) Our only chance of a trophy so we have to be ready and capable of going the distance in both of them. I think we might have won the cup last season if we’d had a squad 5 decent players bigger than what we had. Even though we played a few dead runners, We were actually out on our feet for weeks before that final as it turned out.

Competing on 4 fronts is what big clubs do. We need to make sure we have a squad capable of doing it without having to sacrifice levels in any of them. The good thing is we can actually afford to do it.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Kind off agree with the Souttar comment but don't think we can underestimate how much of a loss Simms is going to be. If he wasn't scoring, he was being an absolute pest and dragging defenders all over the shop. Just really didn't like the look of Boyce in the last quarter of last season. Woeful against Hibs at Hampden and even worse in the final. Would love both Simms and Shankland and whilst not panicking yet, the clock is ticking.

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Hearts biggest threat to 3rd is Hearts 

Bingo!

The money coming in and the opportunity to offer European football should give us a great opportunity to bring in a higher calibre of player. 

If we go backwards this year it’s only our own fault. Both hibs and Aberdeen have needed massive rebuilds and we’ve kept a really strong platform.

I have faith we’ll bring the right players in though.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Waterboy said:

A Utd fan on holiday I was speaking to called this 2 weeks ago. 

Common knowledge apparently up their end. 

My comment was

"so he's a dirty ******* off the field as well as on it!" 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A Utd fan on holiday I was speaking to called this 2 weeks ago. 

Common knowledge apparently up their end. 

My comment was

"so he's a dirty ******* off the field as well as on it!" 

Wonder how long it takes him to get a yellow card off the pitch 

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, Waterboy said:

Was nearly feeing sorry for Siegrist, there.

I then remembered he had signed for Celtic  so **** him. 👍

part_time_jambo
13 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

The left back Hibs have signed looks like their best signing and already an upgrade on Doig unfortunately.

How do you know this?

part_time_jambo
10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Calum Butcher may have kicked his last ball for Dundee United. 

Tam Courts revealed the midfielder won’t play for the club again this season. 

The midfielder hasn’t been involved in the United first-team since he returned late from the last international break.

Courts stated it was “a private matter” and that the 31-year-old wouldn’t play this campaign.

It now casts major doubt on Butcher’s long-term future at Tannadice, even though he has a deal with the Scottish Premiership outfit that is due until the summer of 2024.

I thought Tam Courts was off to further his career in Outer Mongolia or some other footballing Mecca?

33 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I thought Tam Courts was off to further his career in Outer Mongolia or some other footballing Mecca?

Yeah this was the story back in March before courts moved to hungary

RustyRightPeg
45 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

that article was at the end of last season

16 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

There not going about it quietly,they have signed about 8 players and spend nearly £2 million now including £400k on a guy today who has never played a senior game.

Benfica B play within the Portuguese league system. In liga 2, The Portuguese championship if you like. He's played plenty and scored. If he had signed from Academica or someone you wouldn't be claiming the same. This guy will be no mug.

Now he might flop in Scotland but I admit I'd be fairly excited if hearts signed similiar.

For comparison Isma played for Rio Avi in the same division. With a much poorer goal tally.

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah this was the story back in March before courts moved to hungary

I suppose Hungary is a footballing Mecca compared to Scotland.

16 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think people realise that all it will take for Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee United to improve their positions is for them to have got better than St Mirren, livvi, Motherwell, St Johnstone etc.

Thats where they got bogged down last year.

They don’t need to have got better than us.l or even close the gap on us. They just need to have got better than the complete dross in our league that they couldn’t regularly beat last season.

If people are being honest, with the money being spent, that is highly likely. 

Aberdeen need to manage the transition from McInnes. Not so easy no matter what players they sign. And Goodwin may well be overrated. 

Dick Dastardly
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen need to manage the transition from McInnes. Not so easy no matter what players they sign. And Goodwin may well be overrated. 

The players Aberdeen are signing can't really be Goodwins choices, either. He said in an interview that he was used to hunting around for free transfers etc. There is no way he has suddenly got a decent knowledge of players costing hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

18 hours ago, JWL said:

Kind off agree with the Souttar comment but don't think we can underestimate how much of a loss Simms is going to be. If he wasn't scoring, he was being an absolute pest and dragging defenders all over the shop. Just really didn't like the look of Boyce in the last quarter of last season. Woeful against Hibs at Hampden and even worse in the final. Would love both Simms and Shankland and whilst not panicking yet, the clock is ticking.

Simms will be a miss but weren’t we comfortable in 3rd prior to him joining? Boyce was on form and scoring goals. For all his detractors on here, he’s still the best striker outside the OF for me. We won’t be going into the new season with just him and Henderson so I’m not panicking just yet.

£12m potential to 18m depending add on is an incredible piece of business for a player that only had a good 2nd half of the season.

8 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Benfica B play within the Portuguese league system. In liga 2, The Portuguese championship if you like. He's played plenty and scored. If he had signed from Academica or someone you wouldn't be claiming the same. This guy will be no mug.

Now he might flop in Scotland but I admit I'd be fairly excited if hearts signed similiar.

For comparison Isma played for Rio Avi in the same division. With a much poorer goal tally.

8 goals in 20 games last season 3 in 21 the previous season.Not sure if he is an actual out and out number 9 though or what type of player he actually is.If he is fast with a wee bit technical ability you tend to do well in Scotland.

No idea about him other than the stats.The video I seen of him just looks like academy stuff or are crowds really poor in the 2nd tier in Portugal as there was virtually nobody there.

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, Chaps said:

£12m potential to 18m depending add on is an incredible piece of business for a player that only had a good 2nd half of the season.

Its £18m guaranteed which with approx £4.25m in add ons, when you convert euros to pounds on tweet below (the guy is very reliable) plus a 10% sell on is fantastic business for someone they got for free 2 years ago and as you say only really kicked on in the second half of the season.  With the add ons it would be 2nd biggest ever fee received by a Scottish club.

Leveins Battalion

Surprised Rangers didn't go for a fixed fee as an add on,something like £150,000 or something.😂

What amateurs agree a 10% sell on.

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its £18m guaranteed which with approx £4.25m in add ons, when you convert euros to pounds on tweet below (the guy is very reliable) plus a 10% sell on is fantastic business for someone they got for free 2 years ago and as you say only really kicked on in the second half of the season.  With the add ons it would be 2nd biggest ever fee received by a Scottish club.

He was outstanding in their run through Europe. Really impressed me. 

17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He was outstanding in their run through Europe. Really impressed me. 

Absolute unit of a guy. Bossed us in the final