***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

Byyy The Light
10 minutes ago, Gav M said:

seemingly taken up the option on James Scott, giving him a 5yr deal. unless I've been spammed

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We should put out a story that we are offering Damour a new contract and see if they try and gazump us

🤣 was expecting some kind of McGinn. Second cousin or whatever.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Dick Dastardly
29 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

🤣 was expecting some kind of McGinn. Second cousin or whatever.

We've got Rowles but all the McGinns are inbred 

Rick Sanchez

Sellick spending 6m on Carter-Vickers and 6.3m on Jota. Decent domestically but they failed numerous times in Europe. 

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Sellick spending 6m on Carter-Vickers and 6.3m on Jota. Decent domestically but they failed numerous times in Europe. 

They will be hoping thats enough to win the League and they improve in Europe

Either way i hope they fail 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

No brainers for them.  A way of looking at it though is that they are spending 12 million to add nothing to last years squad.

4 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

A way of looking at it though is that they are spending 12 million to add nothing to last years squad.

Exactly what I was thinking. And in encounters with Rangers while they had at least one good win they were frequently comfortably outplayed by Rangers. And were soundly gubbed by less than stellar opposition in Europe.

They're two good players but it is a bit like standing still in comparison to last season.

11 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Both very good players who would walk into our team if we are brutally honest.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Both very good players who would walk into our team if we are brutally honest.

No one is disagreeing, but the fact is they are spending £12m to keep the same players

The hobos have just announced 10,000 season tickets sold.

That will be 9,999 kids and their Dad, all from the same caravan.

8 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Be the usual empty stands with crowds shown as 18k

Dick Dastardly
34 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

10,000? Is that since they were formed? 

Phil D. Corners

38 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No one is disagreeing, but the fact is they are spending £12m to keep the same players

They spent 25 million last season on transfers and had these players actually been signed their spend would of been 37 million. That’s huge for SPFL.  

Mean while we’re haggling on the amount of £500k for Shankland and Ronan. 

Not saying loans or “try before you buy” is wrong, everyone does it. Just mental how much they spend. 

Rick Sanchez
51 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This was my point. They're standing still, not even looking at improving for that kind of cash. 

I did say decent domestically. You'd have to be a right moron to think they wouldn't walk right into our team. 

Atleast it'll provide some good watching on a Tue/Wed night.

Voice of reason
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

This was my point. They're standing still, not even looking at improving for that kind of cash. 

I did say decent domestically. You'd have to be a right moron to think they wouldn't walk right into our team. 

Standing still when you’re league champions is okay though. If they hadn’t bought these players they would have weakened so in a way it is strengthening their permanent staff. If we bought Simms I doubt people would say the club is standing still as we would also have avoided being weakened. I understand the premise thought.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Plus they will probably have to pay full wages to those two players. 

I’m probably late to the party but did I see it correctly Hibs have signed that bombscare from Norwich ? :rofl: 

4 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’m probably late to the party but did I see it correctly Hibs have signed that bombscare from Norwich ? :rofl: 

image.thumb.png.4ced927183bc12bd54a2c44ffac34640.png

Not really sure why Celtic are being criticised for signing 2 of their better players last season permanently. If we sign Simms everyone will be delighted. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Not really sure why Celtic are being criticised for signing 2 of their better players last season permanently. If we sign Simms everyone will be delighted. 

Yeah the same folk saying they’re standing still by signing them are the ones shouting out for Simms to come back 😂

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Nobody is criticising them. 

People are saying their spending dwarfs us and the rest of the league. And they have spent £12m without actually adding to their squad. 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

They spent 25 million last season on transfers and had these players actually been signed their spend would of been 37 million. That’s huge for SPFL.  

Mean while we’re haggling on the amount of £500k for Shankland and Ronan. 

Not saying loans or “try before you buy” is wrong, everyone does it. Just mental how much they spend. 

But Ange is a genius apparently 🙄

Rick Sanchez
25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

People are saying their spending dwarfs us and the rest of the league. And they have spent £12m without actually adding to their squad. 

Not hard to understand is it.

23 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We've got Rowles but all the McGinns are inbred 

21 hours ago, stuart500 said:

McGinnbred maybe?

The McGinn family tree only has one branch.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

The McGinn family tree only has one branch.

They do have a texas chainsaw look about them

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

They do have a texas chainsaw look about them

More like 'The Hills Have Eyes'.

Screenshot_20220611-131501_Google.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

More like 'The Hills Have Eyes'.

Screenshot_20220611-131501_Google.jpg

It's close, right enough 

The-Texas-Chainsaw-Massac-012.jpg

Bologna interested in Doig 😆

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/josh-doig-hibs-defender-on-bologna-radar-as-serie-a-side-prepares-for-aaron-hickey-exit-3728454

Several clubs after him it seems.   Or weighing up their interest.    Bit like wondering whether to take a dump or give hibs money for a fullback. 

Edited by HMFC01

12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Bologna interested in Doig 😆

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/josh-doig-hibs-defender-on-bologna-radar-as-serie-a-side-prepares-for-aaron-hickey-exit-3728454

Several clubs after him it seems.   Or weighing up their interest.    Bit like wondering whether to take a dump or give hibs money for a fullback. 

I can only imagine the Bologna fans disappointment if they lose Hickey and then have this guy as his replacement 

Jambo na hÉireann

First off - Doig would be a terrible replacement for Hickey. 

Secondly - I can't help but feel that hickey shouldn't be leaving yet. I understand the game is different these days, and regular club changes is the norm. But I think it's done him world of good in Italy, and that he should hold on for a while longer before jumping at the chance in another league 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Liverpool interested in Calvin Ramsay. Aberdeen want €10m for him!

😂 he’s ****ing average - not a chance they are getting €10m 

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Liverpool interested in Calvin Ramsay. Aberdeen want €10m for him!

As much as I thought Ramsay looked really good in the first game against us, surely these a fantasy figures (as I said last week at £6m).

Surely, a player just out of his first team season at best will be in a structured deal.

Appearances, caps, sell-on long before the selling club would realise the full deal.

Maybe I am completely wrong, who knows.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

As much as I thought Ramsay looked really good in the first game against us, surely these a fantasy figures (as I said last week at £6m).

Surely, a player just out of his first team season at best will be in a structured deal.

Appearances, caps, sell-on long before the selling club would realise the full deal.

Maybe I am completely wrong, who knows.

If Rangers can get silly money for Patterson, I don't see why Aberdeen demanding less than that for Ramsay is fantasy? I think its about time clubs outwith the OF actually demanded decent fees. 

Course its not ideal for us, so hopefully its not money that the can get. Liverpool I think are looking at around £4m for him?

Curious how the modern full back is in demand.

Arguably both Doig and Hickey are average and Ramsay still raw. But somehow the way the game is played players can get opportunities. 

LarrysRightFoot

Is there not some rule that due to Brexit means English clubs will need to sign more British youngsters/can’t sign as many foreign youngsters? If so selling clubs might be able to demand more money.  

Rick Sanchez

That Ramsay bid must be like Bayern's Mane bid?

500k upfront with 4m for a Ballon D'Or and 4m for a golden boot.

On 11/06/2022 at 12:26, Nookie Bear said:

That £6.5m will straight away be Celtic valuing him at least at £15m if and English team come calling.

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Arguably both Doig and Hickey are average and Ramsay still raw. But somehow the way the game is played players can get opportunities. 

How is one of the best young players in Serie a average.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

How is Hickey average?

5 minutes ago, briever said:

How is Hickey average?

Mind blowing ……….. Hickey is total quality and will go to the very top

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems to be the modern day equivalent of the 1970s/80s craze for a "sweeper".   Maybe also the reluctance of managers to play a wide player permanently up front nowadays - they'd rather have a Hickey type attacking down the wing from the back, and then tracking back when the opposition get the ball.

What's this "Hickey is average"  chat though ?

not strictly a transfer but pochettino about to leave PSG with zidane expected to take over. that might mean pogba does not go back to juve but to psg under zidane

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not strictly a transfer but pochettino about to leave PSG with zidane expected to take over. that might mean pogba does not go back to juve but to psg under zidane

Blackburn close to apppointing JDT(can't be arsed spelling his whole name).  Hope he does amazing there and Hibs are spewing.  Did Pogba not sign for Juve again?

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Blackburn close to apppointing JDT(can't be arsed spelling his whole name).  Hope he does amazing there and Hibs are spewing.  Did Pogba not sign for Juve again?

i think pogba has agreed but not actually signed for juve again

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***