***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

I’m not sure what’s worse, Hibs signing 8 players by mid June and having a 1st team squad of 38 players or Aberdeen releasing/selling 13 players and having a 1st team squad of 15 players?

Terrible mismanagement at both clubs and our status as best of the rest is under no danger in the short term. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs have confirmed that they have signed Kyle McClelland following his release from Rangers. That makes it their 8th signing of the window so far.

Is he any good? 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is he any good? 🤷‍♂️

Struggled to get a game for worst Falkirk side in 50 years last season so that might answer your question 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Struggled to get a game for worst Falkirk side in 50 years last season so that might answer your question 

Sounds promising then. 😄

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, theshed said:

Maybe he was too good for them. 

The rest of the team weren't on his wavelength. 

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Could be good for them and give them a few real moments or be a match winner but he's a short term sticky plaster who is declining. 

I think he'll be a great signing tbh (or at least he would've been a year or two back).  He'd be a better for us though, Hibs need Kinglsey, Devlin, even Cochrane type signings. If he signs I think he'll have similar problems that Naismith had with us.  

I'm not sure his moaning is as constructive as Naismith and he will arguably be even more worse off than Naismith was. It remains to be seen whether Hibs have a Halkett to discover, they certainly don't have a Boyce, or an injured Souttar.

Like Naismith he will be able to look to the right-back for someone he can rely on.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

I think he'll be a great signing tbh (or at least he would've been a year or two back).  He'd be a better for us though, Hibs need Kinglsey, Devlin, even Cochrane type signings. If he signs I think he'll have similar problems that Naismith had with us.  

I'm not sure his moaning is as constructive as Naismith and he will arguably be even more worse off than Naismith was. It remains to be seen whether Hibs have a Halkett to discover, they certainly don't have a Boyce, or an injured Souttar.

Like Naismith he will be able to look to the right-back for someone he can rely on.

Yeah, despite his age I think he'll be good for them. 

Apparently LJ was on sportsound this afternoon, and McGeady isn’t a stick on with offers elsewhere.

As a Hearts supporter I’m not fussed either way. He’s likely to be injured a lot, like we had with Naismith.  They have a player squad of over 35 which is crazy stuff. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Apparently LJ was on sportsound this afternoon, and McGeady isn’t a stick on with offers elsewhere.

As a Hearts supporter I’m not fussed either way. He’s likely to be injured a lot, like we had with Naismith.  They have a player squad of over 35 which is crazy stuff. 

I can see a cliquey dressing room on the horizon with more than two factions which would be pleasing

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

They're gonna have all the unproven basket of nobodies, then clear out a few from last season and maybe sell Doig and/or Porteous. 

Could go sideways quickly for them. 

Bungalow Bill

Calvin Ramsay to Liverpool confirmed. 

£4.2 million up front. 

£2.5 million of potential add-ons. 
17.5% sell-on clause. 

Aberdeen have done well here. 

Compare this to the Hickey deal and did we let ourselves down here?

The transfer that always irked me was Patterson, we got pennies for a player with over 100 first team appearances and Scotland caps. 

Just now, Apache Mal said:

£4.2 million up front. 

17.5% sell-on clause. 

The transfer that always irked me was Patterson, we got pennies for a player with over 100 first team appearances and Scotland caps. 

They did pretty well. Did Ramsay not have longer left on his contract. Also with the demotion and Covid situation thinks we were bit more desperate 

2 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

£4.2 million up front. 

17.5% sell-on clause. 

It's a very good fee and the answer to the Hickey deal, absolutely yes.

This is good for Scotland also, between him and Patterson there will be similar competition to the left hand side.

Even just being around the Liverpool squad will improve the boys level.

Bungalow Bill
Just now, Newton51 said:

Thought he was homesick as played in mls before but wanted back to UK

My understanding is he came back because of covid and the league being shut down. 

3 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

£4.2 million up front. 

17.5% sell-on clause. 

That’s an unbelievable deal to be honest and I could be wrong but I will be surprised if he ever plays a first team game for Liverpool.
Hope I’m wrong and he goes on to great things but I just can’t see it 

Bungalow Bill
3 minutes ago, theshed said:

That’s an unbelievable deal to be honest and I could be wrong but I will be surprised if he ever plays a first team game for Liverpool.

Prior to him winning the the young player of the year award he wasn’t even on my radar, that’s not a slight on him mind, I just don’t pay much attention to the goings on outside of Hearts. 

£4.2 million is cracking money, fingers crossed Aberdeen do a grand job of wasting it. 

Edited by Apache Mal

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Prior to him winning the the young player of the year award he wasn’t even on my radar, that’s not a slight on him mind, I just don’t pay much attention to the goings on outside of Hearts. 

£4.2 million is cracking money, fingers crossed Aberdeen do a grand job of wasting it. 

It’s a great deal for them and they should be congratulated. 

However, whilst some of the money will no doubt be invested in the squad I think the vast majority will be going towards infrastructure etc. 

Stendelnator

Ramsay had two years left of his deal, and was a year older than Hickey. We’d have gotten similar in that scenario. 

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, theshed said:

Reading journalists who seem to be clued up on Liverpool, he is the understudy to Trentham Alexander Arnold. They see him (and stats back it up) as an identical player. He has been given the number 22, I dont think he will play many games this season but would be amazed if he hasn't had a few games for the first team by the end of the season.

Leveins Battalion

Good money for the sheep but they were running at nearly £6 million losses so will be a welcome boost,no sure how much they will blast on players though.

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Good money for the sheep but they were running at nearly £6 million losses so will be a welcome boost,no sure how much they will blast on players though.

£85m for their new pipe dream stadium. That’s where the majority will go Id imagine. Or tarting their existing hole.

Its an unbelievable deal to be fair. Cormack was always spouting off about their losses during covid so I’d imagine some will go to that as well.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bungalow Bill
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Reading journalists who seem to be clued up on Liverpool, he is the understudy to Trentham Alexander Arnold. They see him (and stats back it up) as an identical player. He has been given the number 22, I dont think he will play many games this season but would be amazed if he hasn't had a few games for the first team by the end of the season.

Will be step in if Alexander-Arnold is injured? If so, one injury then he’s straight into the first team. 

They have done well here and to be honest have done much better than the rest of the league at maximising their return for players. They are likely to eventually make about £10m out of him, they have made c£6m out of McKenna, they sold Cosgrove for c£2m and I wouldn’t be surprised if they got a decent return on Ferguson as well.

Brick Tamland
21 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

I’m not sure what’s worse, Hibs signing 8 players by mid June and having a 1st team squad of 38 players or Aberdeen releasing/selling 13 players and having a 1st team squad of 15 players?

Terrible mismanagement at both clubs and our status as best of the rest is under no danger in the short term. 

Is that really how big H1b5 squad is? That’s mental. Signing 8 players, of the calibre they have signed, is also mental, there’s no way they can run a squad of that size. I though they would struggle this season anyway, and if that info on squad size is right then the definitely will, plenty in fighting ahead with that squad, happy days. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

depending on how he trains/integrates with the squad i would expect he might get some time depending on the opponent in the earlier rounds of the league cup.

i would also say i would have thought joe gomez would be TAA's backup

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

£4.2 million up front. 

17.5% sell-on clause. 

If the player extends their contract this is what can happen. 

Unfortunately our guys, like Patterson, Hickey and Souttar chose not too and we were in a poor negotiating position. 

Really relying on the good will of the player to extend for the benefit of the club. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, theshed said:

He's a good player, might not reach the heights of Hickey, Tierny or Robertson but he'll do well. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

They did pretty well. Did Ramsay not have longer left on his contract. Also with the demotion and Covid situation thinks we were bit more desperate 

If Hickey had extended we'd have easily got £3-£5m.

Lots of big clubs had picked up on him, unfortunately he ran down his contract. 

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

Is that really how big H1b5 squad is? That’s mental. Signing 8 players, of the calibre they have signed, is also mental, there’s no way they can run a squad of that size. I though they would struggle this season anyway, and if that info on squad size is right then the definitely will, plenty in fighting ahead with that squad, happy days. 

its 35 as it stands how many of them would be regarded as first team players I’m not sure. High risk strategy and they’d better hope Lee Johnson can get a tune out them or they’re for the drop!

4 hours ago, theshed said:

He'll play some league Cup and FA Cup games I'd imagine,you never know but might get chucked in for league and Europe if TAA gets injured or so 

tartofmidlothian

Story in the news today that Real Madrid want to activate Haaland's £128m release clause at City even though he's just signed. That would be funny.

24 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Story in the news today that Real Madrid want to activate Haaland's £128m release clause at City even though he's just signed. That would be funny.

Thought that the release clause only kicked in after two or three years, similar to his release clause at Dortmund.

6 minutes ago, dougal said:

Thought that the release clause only kicked in after two or three years, similar to his release clause at Dortmund.

the actual story i saw said RM would activate the release clause in 2024 so 2 years time, something that was clearly missing from the post you quoted. Just like the lewis ferguson to milwall one that aberdeen rejected the 1.5M offer

tartofmidlothian
50 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the actual story i saw said RM would activate the release clause in 2024 so 2 years time, something that was clearly missing from the post you quoted. Just like the lewis ferguson to milwall one that aberdeen rejected the 1.5M offer

Just going by the BBC transfer gossip round up, it's a few hours out of date about Ferguson and it didn't say when the clause would be triggered.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Just going by the BBC transfer gossip round up, it's a few hours out of date already.

from the bbc gossip page

After missing out on main target Kylian Mbappe, Real Madrid are already planning on triggering the reported 150m euro (£128m) release clause in the contract of Manchester City's newly acquired Norway attacker Erling Haaland in 2024. (AS)

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

from the bbc gossip page

After missing out on main target Kylian Mbappe, Real Madrid are already planning on triggering the reported 150m euro (£128m) release clause in the contract of Manchester City's newly acquired Norway attacker Erling Haaland in 2024. (AS)

Or maybe I misread it and posted in haste, glad you're there to keep me right though.

Naisys Tackle
27 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Doig moving according to the hobos, love RP to leave as well be faf Re of what they take in or Ron does 

Both are vastly over rated shit. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Both are vastly over rated shit. 

Not in doubt, but with Clarke having left, who will they have in the squad  thats better, all good 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, SCFHearts said:

Not in doubt, but with Clarke having left, who will they have in the squad  thats better, all good 

The trouble is they could recruit better but then you remember Rons wee lad is playing football manager so won't.  Their best player is injured all the time, boy from St Mirren. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hope they do sign McGeady can't wait to shower him with abuse

Giving lesbians abuse is a massive no no these days. 

Portable Badger
5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

depending on how he trains/integrates with the squad i would expect he might get some time depending on the opponent in the earlier rounds of the league cup.

i would also say i would have thought joe gomez would be TAA's backup

There’s talk Gomez may go out on loan to get more game time 

August Landmesser

Porteous leaving Hibs (and Scottish football) would be great. 

He's the only player that worries me on their squad as I'm terrified he'll cripple one of our lads in a Derby. Total thug. The quicker he's away the better.

42 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Porteous leaving Hibs (and Scottish football) would be great. 

He's the only player that worries me on their squad as I'm terrified he'll cripple one of our lads in a Derby. Total thug. The quicker he's away the better.

Bit of a hot head but he is actually a decent player imo, he always plays quite well against us in the derbys etc, him leaving weakens them, if he could screw the head then he could become a regular at international level but I very much doubt that he will, he will most probably end up with the same career path as Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***