***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

Rick Sanchez

I can't wait to see Souttar leaking goals at Ibrox and in big games for them. He'll soon see how great their fans are and what it means to them when they interact with him on social media.

And good luck with many well wishes if you get injured again. They won't give a toss if you're costing them the league.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

37 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I can't wait to see Souttar leaking goals at Ibrox and in big games for them. He'll soon see how great their fans are and what it means to them when they interact with him on social media.

And good luck with many well wishes if you get injured again. They won't give a toss if you're costing them the league.

Know exactly how its going to go, he's going to play about 10 games for them, then get injured and then its going to dawn on them that they can't put a title challenge in the hands of someone whose achilles are made of ****ing chocolate. 

Will not make 50 appearances for them. Half expect them to be trying to give him away at year 3.

Why are we suddenly hoping Souttar fails so miserably?

The guy played his heart out for us in the cup final against Rangers and before injury had huge say in us finishing 3rd so comfortably. 

I wouldn't say he owes us anything. 

I hope Rangers win nothing. But I wish him all the best.

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Bauld said:

The guy played his heart out for us in the cup final against Rangers and before injury had huge say in us finishing 3rd so comfortably. 

Absolutely mate, should be looking at the other 7/8 players who never showed up in the final

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Well said, my thoughts exactly.

25 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I hope Souttar fails massively at the Rangers

He won’t barring injuries. 

15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wonder if Souttar asked for a sell on for us like Calum P did when he left for nowt?

blinking-guy-blinks-eyes.gif

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

He won’t barring injuries. 

We all hate the way he left with us getting nothing but the fact is he is a very good player. 

Him shitting on us doesn't change that 

Guy was brilliant at Hearts but now he's going to ship goals at Rangers?

That doesn't make any sense - he's against the same opposition but will face less of a threat due to teams sitting in.

I hate Rangers as much as the next fully functioning adult but trying to say one of our best defenders in recent years if not decades is now going to ship goals is just silly. 

BackOfTheNet

Souttar will play well for them. When he plays. (If he plays) But there’s nothing wrong with wanting a Rangers player to play badly, even if he was an ex Hearts player. This isn’t a Neil McCann or Zaliukas or even a Templeton going off to play for them. The have cup winners medals. Souttar played well for us. When he played. But his achievements during his time with us was winning Scotland caps and contract extensions. Let’s not act like he has any immunity from the understandable wishing of bad performances we’d give any Rangers, Celtic or Hibs player when they play.

Finlay James
On 03/06/2022 at 21:00, Hannibal Lecter said:

Ross had previously played for them but left under a bit of a cloud.

Seems we hear that same line trotted out whenever Jack Ross leaves a club 🤷‍♂️

Jean Louis Valois
14 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wonder if Souttar asked for a sell on for us like Calum P did when he left for nowt?

Souttar didn't care about Hearts, all he was bothered about was playing for Scotland. We were just a club that allowed him to play. So no I highly doubt he went out his way to get us a sell on fee.

13 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Souttar will play well for them. When he plays. (If he plays) But there’s nothing wrong with wanting a Rangers player to play badly, even if he was an ex Hearts player. This isn’t a Neil McCann or Zaliukas or even a Templeton going off to play for them. The have cup winners medals. Souttar played well for us. When he played. But his achievements during his time with us was winning Scotland caps and contract extensions. Let’s not act like he has any immunity from the understandable wishing of bad performances we’d give any Rangers, Celtic or Hibs player when they play.

I’ll always have a soft spot for Souttar because I think he’s been one of the most gifted CBs I’ve seen for us medal or no medal. But I hope he fails miserably as with any other player that joins a rival team.

Hannibal Lecter
4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Seems we hear that same line trotted out whenever Jack Ross leaves a club 🤷‍♂️

He damaged ankle ligaments when he played for them, they paid for his rehabilitation and let him go back home. When recovered he refused to return to the club to train or play for them citing homesickness asking that his contract be torn up. They refused, Ross left without their permission, went on the sick claiming he wouldn't return to them even if they were in the Champions League. His contract was finally terminated when the club received compensation including the refund of agent fees.

Sheep telling me that Aberdeen have agreed  £6 million plus add on fee from Liverpool  for Calvin Ramsay 

Tommy Brown
53 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Sheep telling me that Aberdeen have agreed  £6 million plus add on fee from Liverpool  for Calvin Ramsay 

Fantasy figures

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Puts Hearts' financials into the shade, if true.

Aberdeen would pretty much match our Euro windfall, in player terms alone. With Ramsay & McKenna fee's due possibly.

Maybe not so much a "gulf" as we'd hoped.

Troubling.

I’m not sure their recruitment is up to much - they must have spent a chunk of money/McKenna funds last season for example.

They also have the training ground costs.

Also, not sure how Goodwin will properly manage higher value players. Completely alien to him managerially and also in his playing career. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm waiting on this "exciting" signing, they've been teasing.

Will soon find out the direction & ambition Aberdeen will be heading soon enough. They can't afford not to finish top 4 next year. They've no-one left to sell.

Imagine any transfer will be announced as undisclosed, but certain papers will suddenly report that transfer was very high for Aberdeen...

Seriously though, if I was an Aberdeen fan I would be sceptical of the running of the club, it seems to have no real coherent plan except "be a great club." While club owners will always make big targets, plans and ambitions, I find Cormack is always making it out that Aberdeen are on the edge of greatness.

54 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen would pretty much match our Euro windfall, in player terms alone. With Ramsay & McKenna fee's due possibly.

Troubling.

More troubling for the hobos than us though unless they get a windfall from somewhere.

As for the Sheep they have a massive job on their hands as 90% of their squad is utter mince. No European carrot to dangle for new recruits either.

We have a much better core squad as a starting point so less work needed to build an even better team.

It's going to be interesting.

tartofmidlothian

Brown's quest to sign a cheap ex-Scottish XI for Fleetwood continues, he wants Luca Connell from Celtic and ex-Hibs Josh Vela from Shrewsbury.

4 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

£6 million for Aberdeen is a seriously decent pull, especially for a defender in a team that finished 10th with a negative goal difference. 

They will spunk it on absolutely bugger all though. 

7 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Brown's quest to sign a cheap ex-Scottish XI for Fleetwood continues, he wants Luca Connell from Celtic and ex-Hibs Josh Vela from Shrewsbury.

It’s all Fleetwood can afford free agents and Brown knows no other market as he had no ambition to leave Celtic. 

Wonder what the future holds for Gareth Bale, one of my favourite players.  Personally, I'd like to see him back at Spurs.

Or Tynecastle of course.

vegas-voss
9 hours ago, Barack said:

Troubling.

Aberdeen spent loads last season on absolute dross.Its what you do with the funds that count and I'm happy we have Savage.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Barack said:

Troubling.

Not that troubling! 

They have a £75m stadium to plan for, less season tickets, less prize money, no FoH, no European football and finished  10th the season just past despite spending more on wages. 

Be cool Mr president. 

Be cool. 

😎

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, Barack said:

Troubling.

The only difference is, we’re still suffering from poor player recruitment over the past 5 years. 

Aberdeen have cashed in well on their assets, that’s the only gulf between the clubs. 

When they inevitably lose Ferguson as well as Ramsay, yes they’ll have short term gain financially, but I can guarantee you less than 10% will be reinvested in the playing squad. 

They have a stadium falling to bits, we don’t.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

indianajones
13 hours ago, Barack said:

Troubling.

Troubling :lol:

13 hours ago, Barack said:

Troubling.

If the gap is only about money then yes it might be troubling, but it's not - Aberdeen are crap.

Edited by briever

PapaShango
1 hour ago, briever said:

If the gap is only about money then yes it might be troubling, but it's not - Aberdeen are crap.

This. I think out of all clubs that will challenge us for 3rd, Hearts are the most stable on and off the park. I don't really rate Goodwin and Hibs to me are in a mess from the top of the club right through to the playing staff. Aberdeen may get some money from player sales, however I would be astonished if the £6m from Ramsay is one up front payment. More likely to be staged with appearance fees etc. built into it than one lump sum fee straight to Aberdeen. As others have said they are likely paying off their training ground and need to budget for a new stadium. 

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wonder what the future holds for Gareth Bale, one of my favourite players.  Personally, I'd like to see him back at Spurs.

Or Tynecastle of course.

Cant see him going anywhere else than Spurs. I think this will be his last season what a way to end it with a world cup mid season for him. A return to Southampton maybe? huge pay cut would need to be taken. 

Armageddon

Kenny Miller says' "Rangers should sign Ellis Simms", then Facebook is rammed with clowns claiming "Rangers want him on a permanent deal, we can't compete with that".

Tango faced Kenny Miller has said it - it's not happening FFS.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Gary Bowyer the latest exciting candidate to be linked with Dundee.

He will have "distanced himself" from the job by lunchtime tomorrow. 

That seems to be the pattern 

17 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Cant see him going anywhere else than Spurs. I think this will be his last season what a way to end it with a world cup mid season for him. A return to Southampton maybe? huge pay cut would need to be taken. 

Cardiff is where the bookies seem to think he'll end up, at least on a short term deal to ensure playing time before the world cup after which i can see him chucking it to spend his days playing golf

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yes, Spurs for me too.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

:sarcasm:  people. 

It's Troubling many folk never got that. 

:HeartsManspotrun:

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Await the Bale is linked with Rangers pish soon 😂

Surely you mean "dream move to boyhood heroes" 

On 04/06/2022 at 14:15, OTT said:

Know exactly how its going to go, he's going to play about 10 games for them, then get injured and then its going to dawn on them that they can't put a title challenge in the hands of someone whose achilles are made of ****ing chocolate. 

Will not make 50 appearances for them. Half expect them to be trying to give him away at year 3.

Not fond of this attitude. He's an excellent player. Scotland need him. I hope he's a stand out in a failing Sevco team.

4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Not fond of this attitude. He's an excellent player. Scotland need him. I hope he's a stand out in a failing Sevco team.

Certainly earn a lot more money 💰 

26 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Its an opinion. He’s made of glass and I don’t think he’s going to stand up to 40+ games a season. If Rangers are daft enough to put next seasons title challenge in his hands, they’re going to be left disappointed. 

OmiyaHearts

I don't want any Rangers player to have a good season. That includes Souttar & McLaughlin.

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I don't want any Rangers player to have a good season. That includes Souttar & McLaughlin.

Exactly my feelings as well.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***