***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

22 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

the only one of them I would take in our squad is Cadden.  As back up for Michael Smith.

Who is already back up to Natty.

So yes, one of their players would get in our squad as 3rd choice RB.

I'd agree @Jambo 4 Ever Can you name any more?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Jambo 4 Ever
23 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

the only one of them I would take in our squad is Cadden.  As back up for Michael Smith.

Marshall as back up keeper surely?

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, TheBigO said:

Who is already back up to Natty.

So yes, one of their players would get in our squad as 3rd choice RB.

I'd agree @Jambo 4 Ever Can you name any more?

Nisbet too would be better than some of our forwards 

Heartsofgold
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why do we need another midfielder wannabe??  Was Damour not enough??

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Nisbet too would be better than some of our forwards 

That very much depends who we sign, no?  If Ellis Simms is our bar of quality, Nisbet gets absolutely nowhere near our squad let alone our team.  Not as good as Simms, not as good as Boyce.

Next.

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So hold on, you're now saying their 1st choices would be good enough as backups for us?  I know you said "in our squad" but this is pushing it.  If you're basically trying to say they have comparable quality to us (which is what you're doing cos you can't help trolling) then saying their 1st choice is a good backup for us is pretty feable.

Next.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So hold on, you're now saying their 1st choices would be good enough as backups for us?  I know you said "in our squad" but this is pushing it.  If you're basically trying to say they have comparable quality to us (which is what you're doing cos you can't help trolling) then saying their 1st choice is a good backup for us is pretty feable.

Next.

Listen mate - I’m entitled to my opinion as are you 

wentworth jambo

The 5 stages of grief :

Denial Is it a Hibs.net fact now that we were obligated to sign Rocky?

Anger Rocky WTF!

Bargaining Tin hat on but I think Rocky is okay and we’ve certainly had worse in defence.

Depression We have no ****ing clue what we are doing.

Acceptance The club is a shambles at the moment. No wonder season tickets sales are v low.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

They're really not happy down Leef way after signing that big huddy Bushiri 😂

See all the chat about signing him due to him reaching X amount of games etc.  Maybe.  Could be that.  Thing is, I doubt there's any real legal obligation to do so with something like that.  Yes a player under contract triggering a clause like that.  A player on loan?  Possibly agreement, I doubt a legally binding one.  I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

Either way, what sticks out to me is the delicious fans forum thing RontheCon did, where he defended their recruitment by saying that wasn't the problem as they'd brought in real quality.  He listed them and Rocky was gleefully near the top of that list.

I'm thinking this is Ron Jr all over it, personally.

The big "VR without the success or fun" comparisons come up here for me.  Delusional and arrogant belief in their own soccer knowledge.

Yo, perhaps Rocky storms it.  Maybe he proves us aaaall wrong.  But the fact is they had a guy on loan who not only was part of a team who were unbelievably pish and totally failed, but was a particularly weak cog in that machine.  Then they gave him 3 years more.

I just really hope he's on a decent wage.  Perhaps they've used the saving on the remainder of Mueller's deal!

jamboinglasgow

Hibs have just announced they have signed a defender from Central Coast Mariners, 21 year old Right back Lewis Miller.

Something about it makes me laugh that the day we announce we sign a defender from Central Coast Mariners, Hibs do the same.

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Keepers:
Marshall, Macey (For Now), Dabrowski

Centre Backs:
Hanlon, Porteous, Bushiri, McGregor, Delfierre

Full Backs/Wing Backs (L):
Doig, Stevenson, Mitchell

Full Backs/Wing Backs (R):
Cadden, Clarke, McGinn

Centre-Mids:
Newell, Doyle-Hayes, Magennis, Campbell, Henderson, Kenneh, Tait

Wide Players:
Mackay, Hauge (Mitchell & Cadden could be included here)

Forwards:
Nisbet, Doidge, Melkerson, Bojang

From .net

Look how bad that squad is 😂

I'd take Marshall as back-up to Gordon in goals and I'd also take Nisbet.  Apart from that, their squad is just meh, the one player they had that was decent was Boyle and they got rid of him in January.

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs have just announced they have signed a defender from Central Coast Mariners, 21 year old Right back Lewis Miller.

Something about it makes me laugh that the day we announce we sign a defender from Central Coast Mariners, Hibs do the same.

Makes you think it was them that tried to gazzump the Rowles transfer.  Already knew it would be them, but I'd say this is conf.  Hope they offered Kye more money and everything and he told them to stick it

Hibs releasing McGinn it looks like, and signed a boy from the same team that Rowles just came from. Copying us with the Aussie market. 

EDIT: Peebles.

Edited by Locky

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I'd take Marshall as back-up to Gordon in goals and I'd also take Nisbet.  Apart from that, their squad is just meh, the one player they had that was decent was Boyle and they got rid of him in January.

I think Cadden is a good wing back. 

Wee thing I'm wondering about Bushiri's move to Hibs. He's bound to be on a pretty decent wage anyway, but theoretically, can he demand more or less what he wants and Hibs would have to pay it? Don't really understand how these obligation to buy deals work sometimes.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Makes you think it was them that tried to gazzump the Rowles transfer.  Already knew it would be them, but I'd say this is conf.  Hope they offered Kye more money and everything and he told them to stick it

Yup, that was my thoughts. 

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, 22games nro said:

This is from hibs officially 

We are delighted to announce the signing of 20-year-old Momodou Bojang on loan from Rainbow FC, subject to international clearance and work permit approval.

Rainbow FC cannae be that good.  A back 3 of Rod, Jane and Fred.  Zippy and George in midfield and that big brute Bungle up front.  

Leveins Battalion

The 4 signings Hibs have made do not improve them in the slightest,scattergun nonsense down there and I for one approve.

Absolute Scenes

yep, they've look at our signing policy, at the markets we've dipped in and just launched themselves into it. 

We literally own every single aspect of that little club. Isn't it just glorious

57 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Who will they sign from Dundee United then?

54 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Rainbow FC cannae be that good.  A back 3 of Rod, Jane and Fred.  Zippy and George in midfield and that big brute Bungle up front.  

I’ve just checked the Gambian top flight and there isn’t a team called Rainbow FC. Surely they haven’t got this boy from the second tier of Gambian football ffs??

The wee team signing Bushiri is like us letting Damour go and immediately re-signing him.

Something is way wrong over there.

They are about to find out the Gambian is shoite but after being in Scotland for 4 months they have to give Rainbow a fee and sign him for 3 years.

Thanks to Rods laddie and the transfer committee.

Boyces beard
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Wee thing I'm wondering about Bushiri's move to Hibs. He's bound to be on a pretty decent wage anyway, but theoretically, can he demand more or less what he wants and Hibs would have to pay it? Don't really understand how these obligation to buy deals work sometimes.

Not 100% sure Locky but i would imagine when the initial loan contract was drawn up it would have details of the obligation to buy if X amount of games where played. It would also most likely include a pre contact agreement if the player played the amount of games required to activate the obligation to buy. A 3 year contract on X amount per week which would have been agreed with the player and his agent prior to him moving on loan.

If as is being reported Hibs don't want him then this is a hibs'd it moment on a massive scale 🤣

FTH

Ronald Villiers
16 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I’ve just checked the Gambian top flight and there isn’t a team called Rainbow FC. Surely they haven’t got this boy from the second tier of Gambian football ffs??

Must be a pub team.  Great fit for that mob.  Him and big Bashiri or whatever the bombscares name is.

Has Lee Johnson came out yet and said he had been watching the Australian he has just signed for years and fought of loads of competition to sign someone he has never seen or heard of until this week.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think Cadden is a good wing back. 

I think he’d start for us. He’s better than Atkinson has shown so far, although time yet. Don’t see anyone else in that squad I’d take. Porteous if he screwed the nut maybe ?

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Australis said:

The wee team signing Bushiri is like us letting Damour go and immediately re-signing him.

Something is way wrong over there.

They are about to find out the Gambian is shoite but after being in Scotland for 4 months they have to give Rainbow a fee and sign him for 3 years.

Thanks to Rods laddie and the transfer committee.

Think he triggered it with appearances on his loan. I am delighted. 

Boyces beard
22 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Looks like he spent last season at an Under 23 Portuguese side.

"Bojang spent the 2021/22 campaign playing on loan for the Portuguese side FC Famalicão U23s, scoring six goals in 17 appearances for the Club."

Lee Johnson must have been after this guy for years 🤣

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I found it a bit unusual so had a look for Rainbow FC and found an instagram for Rainbow FC (as academyrainbowfootball) which they had photo of the Hibs signing announcement with a comment saying "We are delighted to announce the transfer of our player Momodou Bojang and national U20 talisman to hibernian FC on loan!!!." 

Hibs announcement talks about him being at Famalicão U23 last season which matches up with the transfermarkt page for him:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/momodou-bojang/profil/spieler/693201

Having looked at the instagram page closer, there is a photo up a year ago saying the Momodou Bojang went to Faramlicao on loan with the option of them buying him, They obviously decided against that.

davemclaren
Just now, JimmyCant said:

I think he’d start for us. He’s better than Atkinson has shown so far, although time yet. Don’t see anyone else in that squad I’d take. Porteous if he screwed the nut maybe ?

I think Porteous is a decent player but has a terrible discipline record. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think Porteous is a decent player but has a terrible discipline record. 

He is utterly reckless and Hibs is his final destination if he stays that way

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I found it a bit unusual so had a look for Rainbow FC and found an instagram for Rainbow FC (as academyrainbowfootball) which they had photo of the Hibs signing announcement with a comment saying "We are delighted to announce the transfer of our player Momodou Bojang and national U20 talisman to hibernian FC on loan!!!." 

Hibs announcement talks about him being at Famalicão U23 last season which matches up with the transfermarkt page for him:

Having looked at the instagram page closer, there is a photo up a year ago saying the Momodou Bojang went to Faramlicao on loan with the option of them buying him, They obviously decided against that.

he's 5 foot 8 according to a page I found - https://mpmsu.com/momodou-bojang-wiki-biography/  be interesting to see how he copes with the average scottish centre half

22 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Not 100% sure Locky but i would imagine when the initial loan contract was drawn up it would have details of the obligation to buy if X amount of games where played. It would also most likely include a pre contact agreement if the player played the amount of games required to activate the obligation to buy. A 3 year contract on X amount per week which would have been agreed with the player and his agent prior to him moving on loan.

If as is being reported Hibs don't want him then this is a hibs'd it moment on a massive scale 🤣

FTH

Makes sense I guess. Either way I'm going to assume he won't be on sweetie money. :ninja: 

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So Hibs have singed a boy who has played 5 games for an U23 team in Portugal having previously been with a Ghanaian non league team.

Some scouting network 

loveofthegame

Hibs signing policy is so scattergun, and their squad is over-inflated with dross.

You hear Robbie and Joe talking about us having a squad of 24 players (give or take) for next season. Hibs currently have 26/27 players and that is before the new manager has brought in any of his own players (I imagine all of today's players were pre-identified).

They then go and sign:

1) Marshall - potentially very decent goalkeeper and likely an improvement on what they had, so hard to overly criticise that one. But if being really picky, goalie wasn't a priority position for them and they now require to get rid of Macey. 

2) Rainbows FC Gambian Loanee - sorry, who from where?! Be stunned if this guy turns out to be any better than Toto. 

3) Bushiri - an absolute huddy who they released last week, but appear to have been forced to sign on a 3 year deal due to messing up the deal and appearances. Shambles.

4) Lewis Miller - a RB when they already have three on the books (McGinn, Clarke, Cadden). 

So they now have a large squad, but haven't improved the central defence, central midfield, wide midifield or attacking areas at all. They've instead added a little depth to goalkeeper and fullback where they're actually probably already ok in.

Has Lee Johnson came out yet and said he had been watching the Australian he has just signed for years and fought of loads of competition.

How long before Lee Johnson comes out and says, I don't know who these players are or who is signing them.

5 hours ago, Gav M said:

they've hit Rocky bottom you could say

And probably cost them a couple hundred grand. 😆😆😆

Tasavallan
36 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

If Bojang, is half as good as the “Gambian Roberto Carlos”.

Then I’ll be absolutely delighted :D

Gambia, whatever happened to Mama Kujabi.

7 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Gambia, whatever happened to Mama Kujabi.

probably the same guy, just went back to Gambia and got a new passport and birth certificate 

Tasavallan

I wonder where Hibs got the idea to check the Australian League for players.  I very much doubt little Lee would be behind it, maybe son of Ron.

13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

A few .netters, trying to convince themselves that Rocky is a decent signing :rofl:

He is for the other 11 teams in the league.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***