• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Alec Eiffel
2 minutes ago, briever said:

I believe the Pope is catholic too.

And shits in the woods

RustyRightPeg

Newcastle paying Killie £350K for 17 year old centre half, Charlie McArthur. 

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

no chance that’s going into their player budget. It’ll be going in Cormacks pocket and that fairytale stadium they are dreaming about. 
they have to either rebuild pittodrie or move. Something we don’t have to do. 

They will also find clubs inflating prices and Agents/players inflating wage demands because they know they have banked a windfall. 

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Newcastle paying Killie £350K for 17 year old centre half, Charlie McArthur. 

Hope he does better than Findlay did for them.

Edited by JamboAl

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, SCFHearts said:

Wasny far off the nark 

good wads up front for him if the £4m is correct.

Rest of the deal will be a mix of Sell-on, appearances for club & country and team success.

may take a while before any is seen.

I do rate him, good luck to him.

August Landmesser

Harry Clarke looks to be off to Stoke, helps trim the hobo squad down to almost triple figures...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-clarke-set-hibs-transfer-27262739

And Callum Hendry off to mighty Salford City - I assume for tons of cash.

Edited by August Landmesser

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Harry Clarke looks to be off to Stoke, helps trim the hobo squad down to almost triple figures...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-clarke-set-hibs-transfer-27262739

Lovely stuff. He actually looked like one of their credible signings last season. Nice to see they've made a mess of the loan contract and appear to be losing him. 

Edited by Gershwin

scott herbertson
35 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Lovely stuff. He actually looked like one of their credible signings last season. Nice to see they've made a mess of the loan contract and appear to be losing him. 

Thought he was their best player by a distance, followed perhaps by their keeper Macey and Cadden. Their recruitment strategy seems to be  driven by a 'get rich quick' mantra which is backfiring as they are being left with the duds while their better players leave/ go back to their parent clubs

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

That would be nice.  One of their maybe 3 decentish players.  Perhaps their best player.

Oh well.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

I thought he was on an 18 month loan.

August Landmesser
31 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I thought he was on an 18 month loan.

Seems to have been a clause in the loan deal that if another club came into buy him, he could go.

Another blinder of a contract negotiation from Gordon jr I bet

Edited by August Landmesser
typo

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder which West of Scotland affiliated ref will replace him?

Billy O'connor , new to Scottish football refereeing has stated

"that he doesn't favour any Glasgow side and has stated he will remain neutral, professional and show integrity when officiating a game that involves the Glorious Glasgow Giants and any other shite that is there to make up the numbers."

Edited by Bazzas right boot

28 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Seems to have been a clause in the loan deal that if another club came into buy him, he could go.

Another blinder of a contract negotiation from Gordon jr I bet

🤣

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

One "official" transfer is Bobby Madden leaving the SFA and joining the FA.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/referee-bobby-madden-to-leave-scottish-football-after-20-years-as-an-official

QPR must be loving him going to England because it will be penalty to rangers in every game he officiates for them

3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

So Bullshit he was spouting about aiming to be better than Tavernier this season was obviously Tavernier at Middlesbrough 😂😂

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That would be nice.  One of their maybe 3 decentish players.  Perhaps their best player.

Oh well.

Yes I’m glad he’s away. They won’t bring in better I don’t think 

6 minutes ago, benny said:

Mane to Bayern 27.5 million.

Steal.

Got to think there must have been some good will in the deal Mane signed previously that he has left for so little.I know he is 30 but he is still at the top of his game.

7 minutes ago, benny said:

Mane to Bayern 27.5 million.

Steal.

Brilliant move for Mane, and what a price, although sky saying 35

35 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Brilliant move for Mane, and what a price, although sky saying 35

If they get the add ons on the deal.

gorgie rd eh11
4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Excellent. Definitely one of their better players.

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

No thread on .net on Harry Clarke leaving. Maybe it's there somewhere.

Losing one of their best players might suggest some issues.

Arsenal had a break clause in the loan agreement though that is pretty standard now with transfer window rules. 

I hope Porto's initiation into the criminal classes doesn't reduce his massive transfer value.

Daily Record saying McGeady close to Hibs deal. That wee rat thought he got a hard time at Tynecastle before...

Time to crank it up 🤣

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Daily Record saying McGeady close to Hibs deal. That wee rat thought he got a hard time at Tynecastle before...

Time to crank it up 🤣

So basically Marshall and McGeady and 9 under 16s it’s looking good for them!

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

So basically Marshall and McGeady and 9 under 16s it’s looking good for them!

Yeah, past their best or might be good. What could go wrong.

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder which West of Scotland affiliated ref will replace him?

This is the sad reality. I don't understand why the East coast clubs can't issue a joint statement. The problem impacts all of us. 

Its easy for the SFA to slap down one club, but if 4 or 5 signed a joint statement noting concern at the lack of refereeing recruitment outside of the West Coast then there is a chance that the problem has to be acknowledged. 

Glad Clarke is away, he was a quality player & don’t want him anywhere near ER. 36yo plastic paddy Aiden McGeady, could still be good but he’s likely past it, will fill the hole for a fast player who’s a diving rat left by Boyle

Edited by boag1874

loveofthegame
9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Time to crank it up 🤣

Has been an outstanding player over the years but at 36 time likely caught up. Imagine he’ll be capable of the odd great performance but spend half the season injured, as he did last year.

Jean Louis Valois
28 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Has been an outstanding player over the years but at 36 time likely caught up. Imagine he’ll be capable of the odd great performance but spend half the season injured, as he did last year.

He's was a very good player but his best days are long gone, a pretty backwards signing for them. Their would be outrage on here if we were thinking of signing a 36 year old winger, unless it was Ronaldo.

7 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He's was a very good player but his best days are long gone, a pretty backwards signing for them. Their would be outrage on here if we were thinking of signing a 36 year old winger, unless it was Ronaldo.

I remember thinking the same when Killie signed Burke and that ****er still seemed to play blinders against us.Hopefully McGeady is a lot worse.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I remember thinking the same when Killie signed Burke and that ****er still seemed to play blinders against us.Hopefully McGeady is a lot worse.

True but we were a shambles at that point and had our very own over thirties players lumbering around the pitch not doing very much like Whelan and Berra hope fully McGeady is more of a Whelan than a Burke

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He never really relied on raw pace tho iirc. 

He was more about technique, quick decisions and quick feet. 

Every player is different, our best player and maybe the best player in the league is 40.

Folk tend to write players of when the turn 30 here. 

36 is pushing it, but even Adam managed the odd outstanding moment up here and he was even less fit and athletic than McGeady. 

Could be good for them and give them a few real moments or be a match winner but he's a short term sticky plaster who is declining. 

Hopefully he's a waste of space, but age isn't as important as folk seem to make out on here, al players don't stop at 30 and become useless. 

Players can be useless at any age! 

loveofthegame
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He never really relied on raw pace tho iirc. 

He was more about technique, quick decisions and quick feet. 

Every player is different, our best player and maybe the best player in the league is 40.

Folk tend to write players of when the turn 30 here. 

36 is pushing it, but even Adam managed the odd outstanding moment up here and he was even less fit and athletic than McGeady. 

Could be good for them and give them a few real moments or be a match winner but he's a short term sticky plaster who is declining. 

Hopefully he's a waste of space, but age isn't as important as folk seem to make out on here, al players don't stop at 30 and become useless. 

Players can be useless at any age! 

no they don’t but he isn’t 30, he’s 36. He also missed most of last season injured. If he’s fit and stays fit and they can actually get him the ball he’s capable of being a big player for Hibs. Lots of ifs in there though. 

jamboinglasgow

Hibs have confirmed that they have signed Kyle McClelland following his release from Rangers. That makes it their 8th signing of the window so far.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***