***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious how the modern full back is in demand.

Arguably both Doig and Hickey are average and Ramsay still raw. But somehow the way the game is played players can get opportunities. 

Hickey is very good, Hickeys composure, being  two footed and technical level are well above average. 

Ramsey is also good imo, stand out when I've seen Aberdeen. 

Doig has been average when I've seen him, not stood out in way at all.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hickey is very good, Hickeys composure, being  two footed and technical level are well above average. 

Ramsey is also good imo, stand out when I've seen Aberdeen. 

Doig has been average when I've seen him, not stood out in way at all.

Doig has stood out as being a lot shitter than everyone seems to be making out for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Seems to be the modern day equivalent of the 1970s/80s craze for a "sweeper".   Maybe also the reluctance of managers to play a wide player permanently up front nowadays - they'd rather have a Hickey type attacking down the wing from the back, and then tracking back when the opposition get the ball.

What's this "Hickey is average"  chat though ?

Just as a defensive wing back.

Like Tierney with Arsenal he can go to the top as a centre half. 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, OTT said:

If Rangers can get silly money for Patterson, I don't see why Aberdeen demanding less than that for Ramsay is fantasy? I think its about time clubs outwith the OF actually demanded decent fees. 

Course its not ideal for us, so hopefully its not money that the can get. Liverpool I think are looking at around £4m for him?

Agree, but can be risky too.

Player's heas gets turned. demands the move or more money. You demand £6m or whatever, deal doesn't happen.

Sorry, you rate me at £6m, pay me accordingly.

I said at the time with Patterson, we don't know how much as changed hands. 

Rangers needed cash, he was an easy sale, not in first 11, but had broken into the Scotland team. 

4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

yes he did 5 days ago

Just like The Edinburgh Evening News ...

"First with the Latest"   😋

Kinda bored with English clubs signing up any young Scottish laddie that can make a 6 yard pass semi competently. Wish UEFA would do more to curb this sort of behaviour. 

27 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Have Hibs accidentally signed a traffic warden yet?

I’ve heard the locals are scared to walk past the ground in a tracksuit in case the accidentally get signed. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve heard the locals are scared to walk past the ground in a tracksuit in case the accidentally get signed. 

My dog received an offer through the post.

4 year deal as well.

Tommy Brown
16 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

My dog received an offer through the post.

4 year deal as well.

The three legged one?

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

In Peebles?

The straight to DVD sequel to in Brugge

Edited by Sooks

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

What else would they wear????

I am stunned that any team wants to pay decent money for Doig. An ok player at best but nothing special.

I think Hibs are good at getting such stories into the press. The did this last season with Porteous, Nisbet, Doig etc and they are all still there. 

With their individual values reduced in my opinion 

23 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I am stunned that any team wants to pay decent money for Doig. An ok player at best but nothing special.

I think Hibs are good at getting such stories into the press. The did this last season with Porteous, Nisbet, Doig etc and they are all still there. 

With their individual values reduced in my opinion 

I’m more than surprised at who some of our media are linking him with. Pretty ordinary sums him up perfectly I’m my opinion. He spent half of last season on the bench. Seems to me the media trumpeting about him just now  is just the same as happened last close season and is nothing more that the club using their dog whistlers in the media to try and drum up interest. Ron’s maybe getting itchy hands and wants some cash coming his way.

August Landmesser
20 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Liverpool interested in Calvin Ramsay. Aberdeen want €10m for him!

that's 15% of their new stadium paid for already then...

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Just bought a house in Peebles, so I hear.

At least it’s not a caravan 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Have Hibs accidentally signed a traffic warden yet?

Nah but they've signed a traffic cone recently on a 3 year deal. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah but they've signed a traffic cone recently on a 3 year deal. 

Yup, they heard we were looking at training cones and instantly started looking at the cone market. The traffic cone they got is an old one thats not good enough for us any more

16 hours ago, Tazio said:

Heard rumours we’ve signed Colin Cameron from Raith as well. 

It's a no from me, he's to young and inexperienced.

Just on the Haaland being finally announced as a City signing for 5 years, I cannot believe he was born in Leeds.  He could have played for 'them' but thankfully Norway gave him his first full cap aged 19.

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Just on the Haaland being finally announced as a City signing for 5 years, I cannot believe he was born in Leeds.  He could have played for 'them' but thankfully Norway gave him his first full cap aged 19.

I think it is 22 years to the day that man city signed his father 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I really hope the Sheep do a Hibs and price themselves out of a move for their only asset…

They’d do well to remember they are selling potential- he has achieved **** all.  Don’t get me wrong - he has potential but so did Harry Cochrane FFS.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Billy Gilmour could to Everton on loan having played for Frank Lampard at Chelsea.

Chelsea have also taken up his contract extension option so contracted till 2024. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Billy Gilmour could to Everton on loan having played for Frank Lampard at Chelsea.

Chelsea have also taken up his contract extension option so contracted till 2024. 

Good move.

41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good move.

Yup Norwich was a shocker of a move for him.  Never made sense in any way and perhaps has even knocked him back a little.  Lampard seems decent of bringing young talented guys on, so it'd hopefully be good for him and get him back confident again.  Huge talent.

RustyRightPeg
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yup Norwich was a shocker of a move for him.  Never made sense in any way and perhaps has even knocked him back a little.  Lampard seems decent of bringing young talented guys on, so it'd hopefully be good for him and get him back confident again.  Huge talent.

If you’re looking big picture as well…

that huddy Kenny knocked back a new contract at Everton which moves Patterson up to second in line at RB. If Gilmour goes, they’re best pals near enough, it could be good for the both of them to really settle in. 

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

i felt aston villa would have been the right move for him, assuming they would have wanted him on loan

John Findlay
53 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i felt aston villa would have been the right move for him, assuming they would have wanted him on loan

I actually think he would flourish at Southampton.

Boy called Jair Tavares having a medical at Hibs today. 21 year old striker. He's played 18 games, and scored... 0 goals. :rofl: 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Boy called Jair Tavares having a medical at Hibs today. 21 year old striker. He's played 18 games, and scored... 0 goals. :rofl: 

And is smaller than the manager 😁

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

To be fair, the wiki stats are out, Transfermarkt have him playing 25 B team games, scoring 4 and assisting 1. Also he is the cousin of Renato Sanches (former Swansea and Bayern Munich winger.)

12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

And is smaller than the manager 😁

Can't wait to see big Rowles fling him about like a chippy wrapper in the wind.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair, the wiki stats are out, Transfermarkt have him playing 25 B team games, scoring 4 and assisting 1. Also he is the cousin of Renato Sanches (former Swansea and Bayern Munich winger.)

Just seen that there. Could have potential, but I'm still not fearing that scoring record in the Portuguese 2nd tier. Seems a bit of a risky game Hibs are playing considering the season they've just had. You'd think they'd be looking for competent, proven players who'll come in, get results and prop them up the table again. Instead, they're still playing along with this myth that they're an attractive side and the best club in Scotland for young players to come to. Only takes one of these signings to pay off I guess, but could also hinder the club further in the coming seasons.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***