• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Notts1874

• Mikey1874

• Unknown user

Musk is already shiteing himself over all the advertisers threatening to pull out if Twitter becomes a completely unregulated shitehole.

Planning to charge you $20 a month for a verified account.

:rofl:

I hope it crashes and burns like his cars. 

Great platform, unfortunately Elon Musk is a cretin and isn't the sort of person that should be incharge of such a powerful resource. 

Very soon I'd imagine it'll go very Trump- esq and anyone arguing against it will be having their accounts blocked. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I hope it crashes and burns like his cars. 

Great platform, unfortunately Elon Musk is a cretin and isn't the sort of person that should be incharge of such a powerful resource. 

Very soon I'd imagine it'll go very Trump- esq and anyone arguing against it will be having their accounts blocked. 

Much more likely Musk sells it when going gets really tough.

All roads lead to Gorgie

There is something about Elon Musk that creeps me out. I am all for free speech as long as it doesn't lead to hate speech, however having a free for all on a platform owned by someone who seems to lean quite a long way towards the right politically is a big concern. I have never used twitter and I am even less likely to do so now. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can see twitter being in the social

media graveyard along with Bebo and MySpace soon. 

Fingers crossed. Then journalists would actually have to do proper work again rather than reporting what fuds on Twitter are saying. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Fingers crossed. Then journalists would actually have to do proper work again rather than reporting what fuds on Twitter are saying. 

“Twitter erupted last night as…”

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

There is something about Elon Musk that creeps me out. I am all for free speech as long as it doesn't lead to hate speech, however having a free for all on a platform owned by someone who seems to lean quite a long way towards the right politically is a big concern. I have never used twitter and I am even less likely to do so now. 

I'm not sure Musk is right leaning as much as he's on the spectrum. 

Clearly a very driven and bright bloke with the filter of a pubescent school laddie.

He'll end up selling twitter and taking a bath on the deal too. 

5 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I am all for free speech as long as it doesn't lead to hate speech, however having a free for all on a platform owned by someone who seems to lean quite a long way towards the right politically is a big concern. I

image-23-10-21-06-56-2.gif

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm not sure Musk is right leaning as much as he's on the spectrum. 

Clearly a very driven and bright bloke with the filter of a pubescent school laddie.

He'll end up selling twitter and taking a bath on the deal too. 

Driven?  Probably.

Bright?  Not a ****ing chance.  The man is probably a wee bit above average intelligence, but he is impulsive, has a limited attention span and has no capacity whatsoever for strategic analysis and reflection. 

End up selling Shitter and losing money?  Almost certainly.  He jumped in on an impulse to buy the thing, and then either realised, or more likely had it explained to him, that the business was a terrible fit for him and his way of making money (see the piece quoted by Led Tasso above). 

Twitter is pretty simple. You only see what you want to see. 90% of my twitter is Hearts related as that's what I follow. If you want to see pish about Trump or Kanye West you need to follow some weapon that cares to post about them.

32 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Twitter is pretty simple. You only see what you want to see. 90% of my twitter is Hearts related as that's what I follow. If you want to see pish about Trump or Kanye West you need to follow some weapon that cares to post about them.

Exactly. A twitter feed is what you want it to be. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Who wants to pay 7 quid a month to see what some non entity has to say about the latest conspiracy pish?

Indeed. You can share multiple MSNBC clips for free on here. 😛

34 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Indeed. You can share multiple MSNBC clips for free on here. 😛

Indeed. And since the press report anything of actual note on shitter, why would we bother paying.

The Mighty Thor

Musk has told all Twitter staff not to show for work today and that they'll all get an e-mail today to let them know if they still have a job.

Looks like he's trying to break it in record time. 

46 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Musk has told all Twitter staff

not to show for work today and that they'll all get an e-mail today to let them know if they still have a job.

Looks like he's trying to break it in record time. 

In a race with Kanye to see who can lose most the money the quickest.

Rather a few advertisers have paused their collaboration with Twitter.

I expect a few more to halt their work over the coming days.

Elon's made a complete tit of this, as predicted.

This is a good quote from one worker

"As messy as Twitter was pre Elon, it is a veritable clown town of politics and toadyism and psychological abuse now" (Kushal Dave) 

Other workers saying they are worried about using their Teslas. 

The Hogfather

Now subject to legal action after starting the process to lay off around 3,700 employees. 

Had its hey day, it'll now go the way of Facebook as more and more people decide it's not worth the hassle.

Im sure he is worried ..  If its getting some kinds of people all worked up that suits me.  Free speech should never be censored. 

I think oddly it could be the opposite and be the beginning of the end for Musk. More people are seeing the unpleasant megalomaniac now. And more obvious that the same bams that support his every pronouncement are the same that shout for Trump and the likes. 

dobmisterdobster
49 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Now subject to legal action after starting the process to lay off around 3,700 employees. 

Had its hey day, it'll now go the way of Facebook as more and more people decide it's not worth the hassle.

If they took severance packages then they waive their right to sue.

The Hogfather
12 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If he keeps the fired employees on payroll for 60 days which the article suggests he is doing. Then he is not breaking the law.

Ifs and buts. I'm not going to get drawn into discussing whether he has or hasn't broken the law, I'm merely saying they're facing legal action.

15 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If he keeps the fired employees on payroll for 60 days which the article suggests he is doing. Then he is not breaking the law.

Different laws. Interesting to do the same thing worldwide when laws are different. 

Musk does regulatory just do what he wants. 

He's also fired the team responsible for combatting misinformation (AKA conspiracy theories and actual fake news)

He may as well just flick the switch and turn the servers off now and save himself a few million in lawsuits

23 minutes ago, Cade said:

He's also fired the team responsible for combatting misinformation (AKA conspiracy theories and actual fake news)

He may as well just flick the switch and turn the servers off now and save himself a few million in lawsuits

It will be like 4chan within 6 months. 

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Different laws. Interesting to do the same thing worldwide when laws are different. 

Musk does regulatory just do what he wants. 

Employment law will depend on the jurisdiction of course.

On 31/10/2022 at 14:52, AlimOzturk said:

Can see twitter being in the social

media graveyard along with Bebo and MySpace soon. 

Twitter is bigger than Musk. Unless he pulls the plug it will be around for years decades even.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

And different laws. People are pretty confident he has broken several Irish laws on notifying the Government as well as notice and consultation. Could get an unlimited fine there. 

Unlimited?  I wouldn't think so.  As far as I can tell, effecting a collective redundancy without notifying the Enterprise Minister only draws a fine of up to €3,000.  Failing to have a consultation process with employee reps incurs a fine of up to €250,000, and then the individuals can all take cases to law here (at no or minimal cost to themselves) and be compensated for up to 4 weeks' pay each.

Edited by Ulysses

9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Im sure he is worried ..  If its getting some kinds of people all worked up that suits me.  Free speech should never be censored. 

Oh really? Have you ever put anyone on ignore or reported them to the mods. 

How far does it go James? When does free speech become censored? When it's about gays.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

How far does it go James? When does free speech become censored? When it's about gays.

:clap:

Shooter McGavin

People do realise he’s just bought Twitter as a d*** swinging exercise? And he doesn’t really care whether his ownership is a success or not? He’s got absolutely nothing to lose, and this is his way of entertaining himself.

In my opinion, he’s just a weirdo, extremely talented, and also a weapons grade attention seeker.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don’t think any free speech should be censored. It can be challenged within the framework of forum rules or in the real world by certain legislation but being a libertarian I advocate for any Free speech , However abhorrent as it can be challenged . What free speech about “ gays” needs censored. ? Enlighten me ?