Beginning of the end for Twitter?

A Boy Named Crow

New Town Loafer

I don’t have much of an opinion on Musk, given that he is just another Uber-wealthy businessman that I have very little in common with. However, his acquisition does seem to have upset all of the right people.

I also find it quite typically hilarious that sections of the modern Left are hysterical about him buying Twitter when the site’s  previous major owners included such bastions of morality, equality and free speech as Morgan Stanley, Blackrock and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Notts1874

• Mikey1874

• Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Oh, and his wee trolling comments have been amusing, thus far.

I know he’s winding them up something chronic 😂

New Town Loafer
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Musk will be skint or/and in prison soon enough.

With any luck he'll make the lofty heights of Traitor's Gate with the rest of us.

He's gonnae push his luck with the stock market manipulation and the feds will put him away . His ego is too big. Maybe he'll feck off to Mars.

2 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

With any luck he'll make the lofty heights of Traitor's Gate with the rest of us.

That'll be up to the Americans. You'll be dropped off at Blair Drummond.

New Town Loafer
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That'll be up to the Americans. You'll be dropped off at Blair Drummond.

Excellent. Lovely spot.

On 26/04/2022 at 11:38, Locky said:

Personally I love Twitter. Like all social media's it brings out some real idiots, but Twitter is great in my eyes. Far less personal and dare I say toxic as Facebook, Instagram etc. Twitter was brilliant for me during the pandemic as like JKB, it helped fill the void of being at Hearts matches, and through it, I've met some brilliant people.

I think the one thing Musk will be looking to bring in though is a system which restricts people making burner accounts on the fly to use for trolling. How he goes about it, I don't know.

😮😮😮 you are on twitter??? Thought you were only on twatter….

That last paragraph is the biggest problem with social media. Most of the trolling and vile aspects are easily missed by the most people but it doesn’t solve the issue for those targeted or the damage it can do to them sadly. What the solution is , who knows , thats a whole thread on its own. 

On 28/04/2022 at 17:53, sadj said:

😮😮😮 you are on twitter??? Thought you were only on twatter….

That last paragraph is the biggest problem with social media. Most of the trolling and vile aspects are easily missed by the most people but it doesn’t solve the issue for those targeted or the damage it can do to them sadly. What the solution is , who knows , thats a whole thread on its own. 

I'm Twitter royalty.

On 28/04/2022 at 19:38, Nunya Business said:

Of all social media, Twitter is by far and away the best. Has its share idiots but so does every platform.

Indeed at least with twitter you can all but ignore idiots and mute words , phrases. It does have twats on it…(see below) but it can also be hilarious. I havent used my fb or insta in years , twitter I check most days

38 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'm Twitter royalty.

🤐😒

jack D and coke
On 28/04/2022 at 12:40, dobmisterdobster said:

I swear I always feel like cancelling the whole order and driving away when you get to the McFlurry part of the order and they give you that infuriating news…

:seething:

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Adults eat Mcflurries? giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95261a9dedf191e71518

Pretty much the only reason I go to McDonald’s 😀😋raging when the machine isn’t working. 

A Boy Named Crow
21 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Adults eat Mcflurries? giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95261a9dedf191e71518

Even as a kid I knew it was just coincil ice cream! 

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Norm said:

He's pulled out of the purchase due to Twitter having too many bot accounts, I believe. 

Or he was always just trying to destroy Twitter. 

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

He's pulled out of the purchase due to Twitter having too many bot accounts, I believe. 

Yet a lot of twitter users claim that there are loads of bot accounts in his favour. 

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Not like Musk to pull out before the deal is completed

The withdrawal method to business.

SpruceBringsteen
On 26/04/2022 at 19:15, SpruceBringsteen said:

The only folk who care either way are yank oddballs, 50% of whom are functionally illiterate, screeching their team to victory in the great culture war.

I'll simply continue posting about Neil MacFarlane and why 2001 was music's greatest year

Posted about Townes van Zandt wearing Converse 93 the night. Is that woke

A Boy Named Crow
5 hours ago, Norm said:

I don't use Twitter,  but I hear from folk who do that it's basically a pit of shite patter, extremism and echo chambers. 

If it's just bots trolling other bots most of the time, that'd explain it!

twitter are now taking musk to court to force through the sale as they say he signed a contract to buy and under delaware laws he has to complete the purchase

Greedy Jambo

As a big geeky ******* that has used computers since i was young, and has used pretty much all social media, i barely ever use twitter. 

Musk has made the the right call. 

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

As a big geeky ******* that has used computers since i was young, and has used pretty much all social media, i barely ever use twitter. 

Musk has made the the right call. 

Easily the best social media platform. 
It removes the narcissism and sickening attention seeking of Facebook and Instagram. 
At times it’s unsurpassed. 

• 2 months later...
dobmisterdobster

Huge waste of money. Twitter and other social media platforms inflate their user base with bots in order to scam advertisers.

Elon should have backed out of the deal and paid the fine.

20 hours ago, jonesy said:

The lad is quite clearly a Bond villain waiting to happen, so he really needs to get on with all this stuff so that 007 can get to work.

Ha ha yeah, his recent views on Russia seem to back this arc up

• 4 weeks later...
periodictabledancer

Weird seeing folk on here trashing Twitter when this place is every bit as bad for trolls & spam.

What has been interesting to see is the movement off Twitter onto Tribel after Musk complained  the White House wasn't picking up the tab for the Starlink bill Ukraine was running up. Musk then doubled down by pontificating to Ukraine about negotiating peace terms with Russia which hasn't gone down too well to the point a Ukraine govt minister told him to "f** k off" publicly. 

Elon's in for a shock if he thinks that he can simply open the "Freeze Peach" floodgates.

Hate laws are abundant around the world and he's going to end up either being sued to shit for hate crime enabling on the platform, or being regulated by governments, or losing revenue as advertisers pull out of the platform, or all of the above.

Edited by Cade

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

Elon's in for a shock if he thinks that he can simply open the "Freeze Peach" floodgates.

Hate laws are abundant around the world and he's going to end up either being sued to shit for hate crime enabling on the platform, or being regulated by governments, or losing revenue as advertisers pull out of the platform, or all of the above.

A lot of people are saying he'll open the door to Government regulation. 

periodictabledancer

If he's unbanned Kanye West then you have to wonder how he thinks that will attact advertisers. West has been dumped by just about every sponsor he had. 

Similarly with Trump.

I've always found twitter difficult to navigate and it just feels too chaotic for me. I've got an account and I have a look every so often but it just gives me a headache 

Maybe I'm just old 😆 

4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I've always found twitter difficult to navigate and it just feels too chaotic for me. I've got an account and I have a look every so often but it just gives me a headache 

Maybe I'm just old 😆 

You might be old but you aren't wrong. 

Twitter is pretty pish.

Twitter has always been irritating and frustrating although sometimes delightful and hilarious. It's gotten progressively more frustrating and irritating over the past year for me, and Melon Husk's nonsense is enough that I'm checking out and deactivating both of my accounts there.

This, on the other hand, is just hilarious and delightful to read

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/28/elon-musk-twitter/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The Intercept Newsletter

image.thumb.png.16f306fef1126b508304f4130eb2738c.png

What the world needs, is a right wing nutjob in charge of Twitter. NOT! Hopefully countries start to put a block on Twitter. The sooner this ***** is skint, the better.

On 28/10/2022 at 17:12, Hansel said:

Maybe I'm just old 😆 

Chaotic is a good word for it, it's like a feeding frenzy.

That said, where else are you going to get hot mathematicians going toe to toe with Uruguay based fantasists?