Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Percival King
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

The 76 Final (my first trip to Hampden as a 12 year old laddie) seemed very much like a Rangers home game. Pockets of Hearts fans in the south stand and the east terracing but surrounded by huns. No segregation that day and amazingly the match was not all-ticket. A very violent day off the park.

We had close on 40K v Gretna in 2006 and 35-40K for both sets of fans would have been achievable.

Believe it or not, we have glory hunters in our support who will go to a final (like Gretna) which they see as an excellent chance to see a cup win but won't bother going to a semi or final where we're not the favourites. I can't see where we'd get 35-40k fans for this year's final.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Prince Buaben
2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

The 76 Final (my first trip to Hampden as a 12 year old laddie) seemed very much like a Rangers home game. Pockets of Hearts fans in the south stand and the east terracing but surrounded by huns. No segregation that day and amazingly the match was not all-ticket. A very violent day off the park.

We had close on 40K v Gretna in 2006 and 35-40K for both sets of fans would have been achievable.

We had a massive crowd as it was expected win. Don't think with Rangers in the final we would get more than 30k at a push

Edited by Prince Buaben

Der Kaiser

Happy to offer my adult ticket for only £1 when purchased with the adjacent Child Ticket for £51,000.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sigma One said:

If there was such a thing it would need to be in Glasgow surely? :kirklol:

Yeah, we can only dream of a stadium that is neutral, has that capacity, close to transport links and has room for catering and hospitality all around it. 

No chance of such a stadium being built in Edinburgh... 

If only. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

gordiegords

Looking for two spare, I know it’s unlikely but thought I’d ask. 

Back to 2005

I need 2. One adult and 1 child. Season ticket holder for every season except this one for last 25 years so would be going to a good home!

realistically now wondering where would be the best pub to watch it. 

daveyhmfc

Looking for 2 spare tickets together. Would love to attend the match with my 17 Yr old son. 

I have 2 hospitality tickets available as I can't attend because of work. Leaving tynie at 1030. Just wanting face value £168 each 

spirt of 98
12 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

40k would have been a push.

It's probably better Hampden is that small as it means it won't feel like a final at Ibrox

We would easily sell 40k. I am sure we did in 86! 

I think we'd have sold 30k+ but 40k wouldn't be easy for a final against Rangers. We've beaten Rangers in a semi or final once in our entire history (out of 16 attempts). Playing the Old Firm will put off some fans who don't attend regularly.

aberhill jambo
8 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I was at that final missed the first goal.

17 years old these were the days

Percival King
26 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

It was a different time. There would have been plenty of Hearts fans buying tickets with a realistic expectation of us winning the double and until about 4:35pm the previous Saturday we would have been favourites to win the Cup and the double. We're second favourites for this year's final. Don't know where we'd get two and a half times as many fans as for our average home attendance.

Prince Buaben
34 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

No we wouldn't. We would get 30k and because it's Rangers, not a smaller team and the win expectancy is less so "day trippers" will be less inclined to go

Can't comment in 86 but I'd imagine that because we were on for a double that season then crowd will have been swollen.

Tams bird
Just now, tazhearts said:

Has anyone received their tickets in the post yet?

Some did last week.

8 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Has anyone received their tickets in the post yet?

Yep, last week although still waiting on Phase 2 ticket to arrive.

Wouldn't worry too much as think last day for sending out is the end of this week.

argyjambo
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Yep, last week although still waiting on Phase 2 ticket to arrive.

Wouldn't worry too much as think last day for sending out is the end of this week.

I was wondering about tickets being in the post, I bought two tickets for me & my mate on day 1 of the first phase. Nothing yet received in the mail, should I be worried?

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

I was wondering about tickets being in the post, I bought two tickets for me & my mate on day 1 of the first phase. Nothing yet received in the mail, should I be worried?

I've seen a few people on Facebook saying the same thing as you. So I don't think it's just you. If that puts your mind at ease at all.

argyjambo
14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I've seen a few people on Facebook saying the same thing as you. So I don't think it's just you. If that puts your mind at ease at all.

Thanks for that, I'll contact the TO tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Mine arrived on Thursday...I'm in D4.

Think they tend to issue them per section, however I'm sure you'll be ok.

Remember they kind of took on more work by only having 2 phases this time as opposed to 3 for the semi.

😎

heartsfc_fan
14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Mine arrived on Thursday...I'm in D4.

Think they tend to issue them per section, however I'm sure you'll be ok.

Remember they kind of took on more work by only having 2 phases this time as opposed to 3 for the semi.

😎

I'm in F2 and they also arrived on Thursday

the_boys_in_maroon
3 hours ago, Jambogav said:

I have 2 hospitality tickets available as I can't attend because of work. Leaving tynie at 1030. Just wanting face value £168 each 

I’ll take these if they are still available?

Luckies1874
4 hours ago, Jambogav said:

Hi mate - I would be very interested in your spare tickets. Please can you message me with details as to how to get in touch. Thanks! 

cookieboy

What time does the parade usually start on the Sunday ? Looking to provisionally book transport into the Capital 

Angry Haggis
4 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

What time does the parade usually start on the Sunday ? Looking to provisionally book transport into the Capital 

I like this guy 👌

There's no doubt about it when one of the Uglies are involved it takes the fun out of the final. 

A cup final against a non OF team still draws a big crowd and there is more of a family friendly atmosphere. 

Still think demand from Hearts fans will outstrip supply though. 

I would be very careful about buying tickets from strangers and unofficial sources. 

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, aberhill jambo said:

I was at that final missed the first goal.

17 years old these were the days

You were lucky buddy. English final hadn’t even kicked off. 

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There's no doubt about it when one of the Uglies are involved it takes the fun out of the final. 

A cup final against a non OF team still draws a big crowd and there is more of a family friendly atmosphere. 

Still think demand from Hearts fans will outstrip supply though. 

I would be very careful about buying tickets from strangers and unofficial sources. 

Think that has been established. There are hundreds if not thousands of people looking for tickets.

Tams bird
53 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I've not had a letter through the door yet. Still have the 2012 one..

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

No we wouldn't. We would get 30k and because it's Rangers, not a smaller team and the win expectancy is less so "day trippers" will be less inclined to go

Can't comment in 86 but I'd imagine that because we were on for a double that season then crowd will have been swollen.

Maybe so, but if memory serves we still sold a few thousand additional tickets in the week following Dens.

10 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

I think we'd have sold 30k+ but 40k wouldn't be easy for a final against Rangers. We've beaten Rangers in a semi or final once in our entire history (out of 16 attempts). Playing the Old Firm will put off some fans who don't attend regularly.

That stat alone certainly dampens our enthusiasm 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Hi folks just to say the 2 spares I have are away to a guy and his son who missed out for face value. No more dm’s please. 

12 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

I didn't realise Rangers had reached so many semi finals and finals in their short history.

Tremendous effort.

12 hours ago, the_boys_in_maroon said:

I’ll take these if they are still available?

Joined 14 hours ago 🤔 

John Rambo
On 09/05/2022 at 07:35, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I’ll have 2 spares, not got them in hand yet so will repost when I have them. 

I am genuinely looking for a couple of tickets for me and the youngest, ideally looking for 4 to take the wife and oldest one.

I guessing these will be gone?

If any other Jambo has at least a couple spare, let me know. I'm trying all angles; e-mailing the club, face ache book, tw@tter, everybody I know is getting pestered.

I've tried a couple of the players directly this morning, so we'll see. How could anyone say 'no' to a kid who has this on her gloves this season? I mean, come on!

IMG-20.jpg

John Rambo
Just now, John Rambo said:

I am genuinely looking for a couple of tickets for me and the youngest, ideally looking for 4 to take the wife and oldest one.

I guessing these will be gone?

If any other Jambo has at least a couple spare, let me know. I'm trying all angles; e-mailing the club, face ache book, tw@tter, everybody I know is getting pestered.

I've tried a couple of the players directly this morning, so we'll see. How could anyone say 'no' to a kid who has this on her gloves this season? I mean, come on!

IMG-20.jpg

Sorry, didn't realise the picture would be that big!

13 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hi mate - I would be very interested in your spare tickets. Please can you message me with details as to how to get in touch. Thanks! 

Joined 20 hours ago🤔

24 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Joined 20 hours ago🤔

Doesn't mean anything.

Ask him about a random incident at a past Hearts game, if he gets it right, he's a Jambo !

Maybe !

😂

Percival King
14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Doesn't mean anything.

Ask him about a random incident at a past Hearts game, if he gets it right, he's a Jambo !

Maybe !

😂

You could ask him whether the old Rangers died and is still dead.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

How about...

On a scale from 16 to 90, how hard did you boo John Souttar at the Hearts v St Johnstone match?

10 ! 

The same age as The Rangers !

Do I get a ticket ?

🙂

been here before

Hello

Ive been at every Hibs of Midlothian game all year both at Ibroxcastle and away. I pay into the Hearts Supporters fund every month.

Im desperate for a ticket having just missed out by 120 points. If any fellow fans have any spare then please let me know. Got mates would like some too.

Can arrange pickup Ibrox/Larkhall.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Hello

Ive been at every Hibs of Midlothian game all year both at Ibroxcastle and away. I pay into the Hearts Supporters fund every month.

Im desperate for a ticket having just missed out by 120 points. If any fellow fans have any spare then please let me know. Got mates would like some too.

:rofl: 

Dennis Denuto
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hello

Man that sounds terrible, check your DMs, LOL

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Hello

Gutted to hear that from a loyal jambo 

I have 8 spares going if you still need them.👍👍

hmfcisgoodforme
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Doesn't mean anything.

Maybe !

😂

I can confirm he hates Rangers. Although he hates Celtic more this millennium. Understand the scepticism. We had Rangers fans sat next to us in the Gorgie Stand, that got chased out thankfully.

Edited by hmfcisgoodforme
Typo

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)