Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Back to 2005
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No system is perfect, everyone knows that season ticket holders always get priority for big game tickets. If you don’t have an ST you are taking a gamble. The hard lesson for anyone complaining about not getting a tickets is pretty obvious.

Has one last season but like everyone else never used it and in June or whenever renewals were out there was no sign of that changing for this season . Will be buying one for the coming season.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

People say a lot of things on here, some of it true and some of it not. Any season ticket holder thst didn’t get one got their risk analysis badly wrong, unfortunately. 

Aye fair shout 👍🏻

Felix Lighter
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

I have sympathy for those who weren't able to get a ticket or couldn't get the tickets they needed. It's a huge event for our club and everyone wants to be a part of it.

I do however take a bit of offence to the people who are kicking and screaming over not getting a ticket because of non season ticket holders or non tynecastle regulars getting in ahead of them.

I haven't been to Tynecastle in years. I live a long way from Edinburgh and work nightshift on Friday and Saturday nights. Making getting to games nearly impossible. I couldn't afford to do it even if I wanted to right now.

Last couple of months I've been down to my last 20 quid before payday. I can't afford to take my boy on a nice holiday over the summer. But I could afford to give him an amazing memory of beating hibs in a semi final. Now I'm taking him to see Hearts in a cup final. Something that at the age of 9 he can hopefully carry with him forever. 

So while I have full sympathy for those who haven't been able to secure a ticket. I will fight any man who tries to argue my right to be there with my son, creating memories and supporting our club.

Don't have a problem with anyone getting tickets from what was basically a free for all. It's the club I'm angry with, what's the point in a LP system if it counts for nothing?

I was at work this morning, trying to get in the queue from 8am, managed to get in at about 8.30 and was sitting at 898. I had to deal with a customer which I reckoned would take about 30 minutes so just in time for the fun and games to begin.

Finished dealing with customer, goes to buy tickets, 9.07 and I'd been kicked out of the queue, session timed out. Even although it said I would be given ten minutes grace to complete the purchase, wtf. Logged back in but obviously no chance by then.

Feckin' livid. Calmed down over the course of the day, got the feelers out and hopeful, but ffs Hearts what a shambles.

Anyway, hope yersel and the wee man have crackin' memorable day oot.:2thumbsup: 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

People say a lot of things on here, some of it true and some of it not. Any season ticket holder that didn’t get one got their risk analysis badly wrong, unfortunately. 

Not after Ann stamped out much of the nonesense. 

I reckon there is a good few that have had access to Tynecastle revoked. 

12 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Has one last season but like everyone else never used it and in June or whenever renewals were out there was no sign of that changing for this season . Will be buying one for the coming season.

Am hoping this is an indication that we will see another surge in season ticket sales. If we can get and keep another 2,000 season tickets it will be huge for the club.

I want our tickets to be like gold dust.

Dick Dastardly
49 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:
  Hide contents

Got a ticket for my m8, his first game ever. 

Glad he's got his own seat, sick of him on my knee Tbh. 

photo-by-rick-kernwireimage.jpg

Hope he buys you a gottle of geer

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You just take the day off to photograph randoms the day they explained the difference between eligible and guaranteed? 

Hush, Capiche?

The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Surely there can’t be many that travel to all the away games and don’t have season tickets? That seems quite mad. 

As someone who does both, if circumstances meant I had to choose then it would be an ST over going to away games every day of the week 

On a positive note, I got 2 tix for the final. It’ll be the 3rd time I’ve been to see Hearts in a final at Hampden. I’ve never seen us lose. 2006 and 2012. You can all buy me a pint 👍🏻 It’s happening

CloustonHMFC
39 minutes ago, smiler said:

Dave you’ll know, there’s punters on here saying they’ve not been to games in years but claiming they secured a brief this morning, but folk with ST’s couldn’t get one?

edit - maybe I misread a post but can’t be arsed trawling though 😀

If ST holders failed to get a ticket it’s their own fault, imo. We can argue about whether phase 2 was the right way to go about (it wasn’t) but everyone knew the requirements long before the tickets are on sale and they’ve had enough to get one.

Bindy Badgy
54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Surely there can’t be many that travel to all the away games and don’t have season tickets? That seems quite mad. 

I have a friend that has done every game in a season in years where he didn't have a season ticket. He had alcohol issues at the time so he didn't have enough money at one time to buy an ST.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

On a positive note, I got 2 tix for the final. It’ll be the 3rd time I’ve been to see Hearts in a final at Hampden. I’ve never seen us lose. 2006 and 2012. You can all buy me a pint 👍🏻 It’s happening

You’re lucky 1968 beat 1976 beat 1986 beat 1987 beat 1998 win and the best for me had all four of us at darkheid tears all round 

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

You’re lucky 1968 beat 1976 beat 1986 beat 1987 beat 1998 win and the best for me had all four of us at darkheid tears all round 

Tears and beers. Cannae whack it 🍻🍻🍻

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, ShedBoy said:

Tears and beers. Cannae whack it 🍻🍻🍻

🥃🍻🥂🍷🍾 definitely 

2 tickets purchased today, one for someone thats been to all cup games and the other for a jambos first game of season, the second ticket option I don't think was a great idea but happy to take advantage of it.

sebastalona
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

I have sympathy for those who weren't able to get a ticket or couldn't get the tickets they needed. It's a huge event for our club and everyone wants to be a part of it.

I do however take a bit of offence to the people who are kicking and screaming over not getting a ticket because of non season ticket holders or non tynecastle regulars getting in ahead of them.

I haven't been to Tynecastle in years. I live a long way from Edinburgh and work nightshift on Friday and Saturday nights. Making getting to games nearly impossible. I couldn't afford to do it even if I wanted to right now.

Last couple of months I've been down to my last 20 quid before payday. I can't afford to take my boy on a nice holiday over the summer. But I could afford to give him an amazing memory of beating hibs in a semi final. Now I'm taking him to see Hearts in a cup final. Something that at the age of 9 he can hopefully carry with him forever. 

So while I have full sympathy for those who haven't been able to secure a ticket. I will fight any man who tries to argue my right to be there with my son, creating memories and supporting our club.

Brilliant post. 

Can I understand peoples anger and frustration? Absolutely I can, and I agree that the club could have managed the second phase much better.

However, there is narrative developing that somehow people without season tickets or a bucket load of loyalty points are somehow less ‘loyal’ or not as big a fan.

Your post highlights just one of many, many reasons why people just might not have the opportunity to be in that position.

To say these supporters don’t deserve the opportunity to attend big matches is just wrong.

Hope you and your son have a cracking day out.

hoof.hearted

I respect all the guys who follow Hearts away but in my MANY years they are not always home & away supporters. The guy I sit beside is fanatical and goes home & away, but I've known quite a few guys who only go to away games as they have been banned from Tynie, want some agro, home support is boring, noise up the opposition etc. Now before the usual suspects start shooting me down these are all reasons I've heard from supporters over the years. 

I'm always amazed at the people I see at away games on my 7 or 8 away games a season I see them time and the again, but hardly ever in or around Tynie. 

In 1986 I went to the Isle of Man to watch us in a pre season, got friendly with loads of guys as there for a week, never once met them since at Tynie but loads at away games. (Getting less since they're popping off as time goes by). 

Edited by hoof.hearted

Hearts could have considered selling next season's STs earlier ?

We would have finished renewals for 22/23 ST sales before the completed Phase 1 Cup Final ticket sales.

Phase 2 Cup Final tickets would be available only to all those new ST purcahsers before opening it out to further phases.

This proposal would not of course suit everyone, but the upshot is that it would have increased our ST sales for next season, and given everyone who wanted a cup final ticket a different option to do something about it.

I've a vague recollection of Hearts doing something similar before a cup final some years ago ?

Edited by Busby8

stevie7147
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

No system is perfect, everyone knows that season ticket holders always get priority for big game tickets. If you don’t have an ST you are taking a gamble. The hard lesson for anyone complaining about not getting a tickets is pretty obvious.

yes get a season ticket and sit amongst the same bell ends every game 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The weekend of 98 will live with me until the day I die. It was one of the best times of my life watching us life the cup at Parkhead, travelling through to Gorgie for the team coming back with the cup then spending Sunday at the parade. 

I really hope the wee man gets to experience that with you as he will never forget it. 

The best weekend ever!!!

15 minutes ago, stevie7147 said:

yeah…but its better than not going to the game.

21 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

We would have finished renewals for 22/23 ST sales before the completed Phase 1 Cup Final ticket sales.

Phase 2 Cup Final tickets would be available only to all those new ST purcahsers before opening it out to further phases.

This proposal would not of course suit everyone, but the upshot is that it would have increased our ST sales for next season, and given everyone who wanted a cup final ticket a different option to do something about it.

I've a vague recollection of Hearts doing something similar before a cup final some years ago ?

All tickets sold in record time…. It’s a big success. No need to change anything. 

MediumSlim

Just bought a Hampden hospitality ticket since I live in Germany and have no loyalty points. It's an insane amount of money, but will feel worth it if we win. 

Now all I need to do is a) hide the bank statement from the wife b) eat beans on toast for the next month to afford the rent.

Jambos dad
48 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

56 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

I respect all the guys who follow Hearts away but in my MANY years they are not always home & away supporters. The guy I sit beside is fanatical and goes home & away, but I've known quite a few guys who only go to away games as they have been banned from Tynie, want some agro, home support is boring, noise up the opposition etc. Now before the usual suspects start shooting me down these are all reasons I've heard from supporters over the years. 

I'm always amazed at the people I see at away games on my 7 or 8 away games a season I see them time and the again, but hardly ever in or around Tynie. 

In 1986 I went to the Isle of Man to watch us in a pre season, got friendly with loads of guys as there for a week, never once met them since at Tynie but loads at away games. (Getting less since they're popping off as time goes by). 

I have noticed this also but just figured it’s far easier to bump into the same people where there is a far higher chance of doing it. 

Jambos dad
Just now, Jambos dad said:

I didn't have a season ticket for this season, but got one for my son and myself for next season. 

I didn't want to say it at the time as people might have thought that was the only reason we bought them, but I do think that they could have included new season ticket holders in somewhere. There wouldn't have been that many, especially when potentially people only attending one game could buy two 

35 minutes ago, McCrae said:

All tickets sold in record time…. It’s a big success. No need to change anything. 

It would have sold out however they distributed tickets, was it the best way? Definitely not.

allystrachan
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

No one has said season ticket holders shouldn't get a ticket or that they shouldn’t be prioritised first. The only issue that has messed things here is that people could buy two.

there will be people at the final who won’t have been at a game for years & folk locked out who ‘deserved’ to get a ticket due to people buying tickets for mates etc. 

what’s even worse is that there will be some who have bought extra just to sell on…. Potentially getting picked up by rangers fans. 

Parttimer1874
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Yep, anyone who didn't get one just didn't want it enough.

Didn’t try hard enough. Those who were more prepared got tickets. Should people have been able to buy more than one ticket? Probably not but tough titties. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, hoof.hearted said:

There definitely should have been priority given to the lads who like a pagger and were at the IoM tournie in 86 (which was a right laugh 😉

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

There definitely should have been priority given to the lads who like a pagger and were at the IoM tournie in 86 (which was a right laugh 😉

I was at the IoM tournament in 86 but I couldn't fight sleep, where does that put me in the priority list. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

I was at the IoM tournament in 86 but I couldn't fight sleep, where does that put me in the priority list. 

Same place as me pal. Did you go to the Lido? 😎

otterjohn

I was lucky and through our season tickets we are all sorted.I do however feel genuinely sorry for the guys that buy a ticket for all home games but didn't get a ticket It might be to simple but for next time after season ticket holders get their 1 ticket per season ticket does anyone think it would be fair to offer the next batch of tickets to those who have bought the most home game tickets It would be easy to prove how many games an individual had bought tickets for

5 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

I was lucky and through our season tickets we are all sorted.I do however feel genuinely sorry for the guys that buy a ticket for all home games but didn't get a ticket It might be to simple but for next time after season ticket holders get their 1 ticket per season ticket does anyone think it would be fair to offer the next batch of tickets to those who have bought the most home game tickets It would be easy to prove how many games an individual had bought tickets for

Just lower the loyalty points required for next phase. Sure its been done before 🤔

PapaShango

I’m sure they lowered the loyalty points for the 2012 cup final to something like 12 points. No way did even that sell out like this one. Also think back to the 2019 final when we didn’t even sell all our tickets! How times change and is indicated gave I suppose of a team we want to watch 

1971fozzy

I’m a ST holder so got one no problem in phase 1.

do I think we should of got the 2nd tickets ? No. Absolutely not.

they should have gone to loyalty points holders , ST holders who bought for next season (albeit the dates for these would of had to of been brought forward). 

the fact some are attending who don’t go to games or many games is just not right.

however it’s done and dusted now. 
every ST holder had a guaranteed chance to get a ticket which was correct obviously.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, MediumSlim said:

Just bought a Hampden hospitality ticket since I live in Germany and have no loyalty points. It's an insane amount of money, but will feel worth it if we win. 

Now all I need to do is a) hide the bank statement from the wife b) eat beans on toast for the next month to afford the rent.

You are going to be SOOOO in trouble with your missus. Well done, mate. 😄 

This might not happen but if there any additional tickets offered then ur best to accept the ones offered which saves them in ur basket but you can click round for a better one just in case. Keeps them in ur basket for a time period as a back up

1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

No one has said season ticket holders shouldn't get a ticket or that they shouldn’t be prioritised first. The only issue that has messed things here is that people could buy two.

there will be people at the final who won’t have been at a game for years & folk locked out who ‘deserved’ to get a ticket due to people buying tickets for mates etc. 

what’s even worse is that there will be some who have bought extra just to sell on…. Potentially getting picked up by rangers fans. 

I think it is almost impossible to get a perfect way to distribute tickets.  

raider1874

I was surprised they skipped a ~40 loyalty point stage tbh 

Everyone has different opinions on who "deserves" tickets. 

I was a season ticket holder late mid 90s to mid 2000s then moved through to Glasgow. Over the years I go to as much as I can, mainly away games like Motherwell, Killie etc and the a few Tynecastle trips. Been to every Final and Semi we've been in since 1986 except 2012 😭. Even paid £270 for one from a "fellow" jambo for Gretna game.

Now I've got 2 kids (8 and 11) who are growing up in Glasgow as Jambos. We were lucky enough to get tickets for the Semi and honestly that was the game that will make them Hearts fans for life which is hard with the temptations through here!

I got tickets for the 3 of us this morning and their faces after school when I told them was magic. Pretty sure they will be asking for season tickets soon.

There is never a really fair way to do it but we do at least have a chance. Must be murder being an old firm fan going into ballots even as season book holders.

Rocky jamboa
38 minutes ago, raider1874 said:

I was surprised they skipped a ~40 loyalty point stage tbh 

Everyone has different opinions on who "deserves" tickets. 

I was a season ticket holder late mid 90s to mid 2000s then moved through to Glasgow. Over the years I go to as much as I can, mainly away games like Motherwell, Killie etc and the a few Tynecastle trips. Been to every Final and Semi we've been in since 1986 except 2012 😭. Even paid £270 for one from a "fellow" jambo for Gretna game.

Now I've got 2 kids (8 and 11) who are growing up in Glasgow as Jambos. We were lucky enough to get tickets for the Semi and honestly that was the game that will make them Hearts fans for life which is hard with the temptations through here!

I got tickets for the 3 of us this morning and their faces after school when I told them was magic. Pretty sure they will be asking for season tickets soon.

There is never a really fair way to do it but we do at least have a chance. Must be murder being an old firm fan going into ballots even as season book holders.

I was 8 when I first started regularly going to the games but just climbed over the benches in the old wheatfield end! But age 11 was when I got right into Hearts and wanted to go all the time. It was unfortunately/fortunately the 85/86 season! 

Have a great day with your boys! They'll have a cracking day, whatever the result 🇱🇻🏆

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, stevie7147 said:

Thankfully, I don't have a bellend sitting either side of me. 😀  Although I'm not entirely sure either of the folk sitting beside me would say the same!  🤔

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

I think it is almost impossible to get a perfect way to distribute tickets.  

It's completely impossible to get a perfect way, the best, fairest, or right way to do it is inherently a matter of opinion, at least to an extent.  FWIW, I agree with quite a few posters that the 2nd phase could and should have been done a bit differently.  My own opinion is that the first phase was fine but that the second should have reduced the loyalty points threshold substantially, probably to something like 40 points (hard to say for sure how many points without knowing how many people that would cover!), then a third phase should have brought in folk who were at the semi but not previously included, and maybe also lowered the loyalty points threshold further. Only after that would I have allowed anyone to buy a second ticket, if there were any still unsold.  But again, that's just my personal view, many other folk will have their own different views on how it should have been done! 

1874robbo

I just think hearts wanted the tickets gone as fast as possible and their objective was achieved, i heard someone say yesterday in the queue that hearts had a set time to get rid of the tickets or rangers would be passed the remaining tickets.

im not sure if I believe that but has anyone else heard this?

Burford Jamtart

Should have been:

Phase 1 Season ticket holders

Phase 2 Loyalty points total

Phase 3 Lower loyalty points total

Phase 4 Semi final attendees

Phase 5 General sale

1 ticket per person, at all times.

I live in Oxfordshire, and only get to games when up visiting family but always try to get to finals and most semis where I can.  I’ve done overnight coaches, been up and back on the same day, paid over the odds and found different ways to get cup final tickets in ‘12 and ‘19. 

What frustrates me is that every time I see empty Hearts seats not filled at league matches I think of those that got a ticket to watch a cup final who wouldn’t go the lengths that people like me do to try and get to a cup final, because they are not really arsed about having one.   If they love Hearts so much why can’t they travel to Motherwell on a Wednesday night to support the team?

You can start the violins now, but spare a thought for us die hard Jambos who if living up there would be at every game home and away.

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I just think hearts wanted the tickets gone as fast as possible and their objective was achieved, i heard someone say yesterday in the queue that hearts had a set time to get rid of the tickets or rangers would be passed the remaining tickets.

im not sure if I believe that but has anyone else heard this?

The way tickets are sold I don't think it would have allowed for that. The segregation seats are the best view and they are sold first so went in phase 1. 

I think there must be reason they decided to do it this way and changed from how it was done for the semi. You just decide to do it randomly.

Was it dictated by SFA/police to reduce chances of rangers fans buying them given they’ve got tickets in home section at tynecastle this season?

Was it to sell as quick as possible and make it easier for the ticket office?

whether any of the reasons are good is a different question! But there must have been some logic behind why it was done that way 

Curious how they done it in 98 before computers etc. I was only 14 so my dad went super early and joined the massive queue and thankfully got tickets. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)