Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Bainy said:

Curious how they done it in 98 before computers etc. I was only 14 so my dad went super early and joined the massive queue and thankfully got tickets. 

I think they gave season ticket holders priority and then it would have been a free for all as no Loyalty points back then. I had a ST but can remember tickets were like gold dust. Supporters clubs also got tickets so there was a benefit being in one when it came to finals.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Samuel Camazzola
19 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Curious how they done it in 98 before computers etc. I was only 14 so my dad went super early and joined the massive queue and thankfully got tickets. 

A supporters bus I attended the '98 semi and final with had a wedge of tickets to hand out. I think those who had any contacts at the club could ask and get whatever they wanted. We could have easily got more but the new stand was still being constructed. 

dontkillbill
30 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Any idea how many Hearts took to Parkhead in 98? Always wonder cos it looks like we had more than Rangers did, but they obviously had the main stand as well?

43 minutes ago, ejbh said:

I think there must be reason they decided to do it this way and changed from how it was done for the semi. You just decide to do it randomly.

Was it dictated by SFA/police to reduce chances of rangers fans buying them given they’ve got tickets in home section at tynecastle this season?

Was it to sell as quick as possible and make it easier for the ticket office?

whether any of the reasons are good is a different question! But there must have been some logic behind why it was done that way 

After what happened in 2019 with the scum causing fights in our end this may have made the decision for the club. 

if it was to go to General sale we all know there would have been currant buns dotted all over our end. They always find a way.

stevie7147
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

After what happened in 2019 with the scum causing fights in our end this may have made the decision for the club. 

if it was to go to General sale we all know there would have been currant buns dotted all over our end. They always find a way.

they already have i know 2 rangers fans who have tickets for our end

Just now, stevie7147 said:

they already have i know 2 rangers fans who have tickets for our end

How have they managed that? 

stevie7147
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

How have they managed that? 

season ticket holder mates got them

MediumSlim
9 hours ago, raider1874 said:

I was surprised they skipped a ~40 loyalty point stage tbh 

Everyone has different opinions on who "deserves" tickets. 

I was a season ticket holder late mid 90s to mid 2000s then moved through to Glasgow. Over the years I go to as much as I can, mainly away games like Motherwell, Killie etc and the a few Tynecastle trips. Been to every Final and Semi we've been in since 1986 except 2012 😭. Even paid £270 for one from a "fellow" jambo for Gretna game.

Now I've got 2 kids (8 and 11) who are growing up in Glasgow as Jambos. We were lucky enough to get tickets for the Semi and honestly that was the game that will make them Hearts fans for life which is hard with the temptations through here!

I got tickets for the 3 of us this morning and their faces after school when I told them was magic. Pretty sure they will be asking for season tickets soon.

There is never a really fair way to do it but we do at least have a chance. Must be murder being an old firm fan going into ballots even as season book holders.

Well done on raising your lads as Jambos in Glasgow. Not easy to do! It makes a nice change to have fans of an Edinburgh club in Glasgow instead of all of the Old Firm supporters in Edinburgh. 😊

michael_bolton

The issue of fans who live abroad is tricky ground on the 'PHM and deserving of a ticket' issue.

I'm home now and go to games again, but I lived abroad for years and paid Hearts TV, met up with fellow fans to watch most games together (often getting up at daft times to do so), bought a half ST I would never use when the club needed the cash, contributed to FoH. And we all did. Every trip home I went to pretty much any game I could home or away, having been a 40 game a season man and ST holder when I lived in Scotland.

All the Hearts fans I knew were the same. Holidays home planned with fixtures in mind etc.

I'd have told you to beat it if someone had said that any of us didn't deserve tickets for a cup final. Hearts remained a huge part of our lives and we were all very committed supporters who contributed to the club and dedicated a lot of our time to Hearts, just living far away.

I don't begrudge anyone like that a ticket.

Samuel Camazzola
20 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

I think the issues were created by Tony Macaroni's in Livingston selling tickets they had in the Hearts' end to Celtic followers. 

hoof.hearted
11 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Same place as me pal. Did you go to the Lido? 😎

Lido was class...longest bar in Europe, or so we were told. Only bit of trouble we had was on the dance floor. Can't remember from which teams supporters though 🤔.  Portsmouth boys were class.

stevie7147
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

First game of the season for me, looking forward to it . 🏆 🇱🇻 

will you get back from seville in time

hoof.hearted

Changed days. For the 96 Cup final I went into the office  and bought 22 tickets for all the people at work who wanted to go. Didn't queue but not sure how long they had been on sale, but we sat in D1 or D2.

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Lido was class...longest bar in Europe, or so we were told. Only bit of trouble we had was on the dance floor. Can't remember from which teams supporters though 🤔.  Portsmouth boys were class.

Stoke, Wigan, Newcastle and Bohemians were all there. The Bohemians fans were good fun. 

hoof.hearted
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Stoke, Wigan, Newcastle and Bohemians were all there. The Bohemians fans were good fun. 

Stood leaning against the goalpost at the Bohemians match. So weird fans on touchline. Willie Irvines only goal for us I think 🤔 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I think they gave season ticket holders priority and then it would have been a free for all as no Loyalty points back then. I had a ST but can remember tickets were like gold dust. Supporters clubs also got tickets so there was a benefit being in one when it came to finals.

500 club members and Shareholders also got a priority. 

Weren't so many Shareholders back then of course 😏

The Ultimate Worrier

I'm a season ticket holder so getting my ticket was never in doubt. The club will never get it 100% right but for me letting season ticket holders get another ticket so early in the process was unnecessary, and I think attendance at the semi shouldn't come into it all.

Why give the semi more weight than any other game in the Cup run? I was at the Livi match where the crowd was pretty paltry for example. Turning up for a semi against Hibs is a bit easier than making the trek to Auchinlek early in the season for a game that was on TV anyway. I didn't go to that but would have no problem with the folk who did getting some sort of recognition in terms of applying for tickets for the Final.

Also, we all have our different reasons for the amount of games we choose to go to or not to go to. These reasons always seem to melt away when there's a big final coming up. Some folk who have only been to the semi this season taking umbrage at the mere suggestion that there are others more deserving of a ticket are kidding themselves on a bit too.

Edited by The Ultimate Worrier

michael_bolton
10 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Why give the semi more weight than any other game in the Cup run? I was at the Livi match where the crowd was pretty paltry for example. Turning up for a semi against Hibs is a bit easier than making the trek to Auchinlek early in the season for a game that was on TV anyway. I didn't go to that but would have no problem with the folk who did getting some sort of recognition in terms of applying for tickets for the Final.

This occurred to me as well. Surely Hearts should be encouraging people to go to Tynecastle. I think if any game deserved priority, it should have been the Livingston one.

20 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Changed days. For the 96 Cup final I went into the office  and bought 22 tickets for all the people at work who wanted to go. Didn't queue but not sure how long they had been on sale, but we sat in D1 or D2.

Tickets were in really really short supply in 96.

Hampden's main stand was closed to the public because of safety concerns. This was shortly before the new modern stand was constructed and was the reason we had to play at Parkhead for the 98 final. 

I think we only had about 18k tickets for 96 and 22k for 98 due to only three sides of CP being open. 

I'm amazed you got so many tickets. 

52 minutes ago, stevie7147 said:

Well if these guys are outed at the final, the club should do everything in its power to identify who the season ticket holders who were issued the tickets are and ban the ****ers. 

4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I just think hearts wanted the tickets gone as fast as possible and their objective was achieved, i heard someone say yesterday in the queue that hearts had a set time to get rid of the tickets or rangers would be passed the remaining tickets.

im not sure if I believe that but has anyone else heard this?

After H1B5 embarrassing themselves by asking for a 50/50 split for the LC final, not getting it then getting more tickets that they couldn’t sell, I expect there was some pressure on Hearts to sell their allocation quickly. Which would explain why they’ve taken the approach of getting it sold out quickly. 

Edited by Zico

PapaShango
6 minutes ago, Zico said:

After H1B5 embarrassing themselves by asking for a 50/50 split for the LC final, not getting it then getting more tickets that they couldn’t sell, I expect there was some pressure on Hearts to sell their allocation quickly. Which would explain why they’ve taken the approach of getting it sold out quickly. 

Could be spot on maybe SFA putting pressure on us to sell out before a certain date or lose them back to Rangers. Suspect if that’s the case the way we allocated them was guaranteed to sell out quickly. I got my hospitality tickets through the post today so now feels like it’s just around the corner. Not looked forward to a match as much for a long time.

58 minutes ago, stevie7147 said:

will you get back from seville in time

Couldn’t afford Seville . 

JAMBO _MOBY
2 hours ago, Bainy said:

In 98 by attending the home game v St Johnstone ( I think) in Early April you got tickets. Posted off the tickets and cheque and received 2 tickets back for parkhead. Seems very random now. 

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A supporters bus I attended the '98 semi and final with had a wedge of tickets to hand out. I think those who had any contacts at the club could ask and get whatever they wanted. We could have easily got more but the new stand was still being constructed. 

That's how I remember it back then. Getting tickets for semis or finals was just like getting tickets for an away game. You want a ticket for the final? Aye. Name written down in a book and then handed to you on the day of the game. 

the general
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

500 club members and Shareholders also got a priority. 

Weren't so many Shareholders back then of course 😏

Did 500 club members not get a free ticket for one of the finals?

PapaShango
7 minutes ago, the general said:

Maybe 96 as that would probably have been close to when the Gorgie Stand was built

the general
9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Maybe 96 as that would probably have been close to when the Gorgie Stand was built

It was either through that or the shares

1 hour ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Those at the St Mirren game got priority for the semi, so it seemed to be like a logical extension to apply that from the semi to the final as well. For the St Mirren, Livi and Auchenleck games we didn't sell out, so anyone could have got a ticket for those, and therefore no need to incentivise those who attended the previous round. I'd imagine it must be a tiny number of folk who went to Auchenleck who didn't either go to the semi or have a season ticket, same is probably true for the Livi and St Mirren games.

It's nothing new either, we have used the same system in the past to give priority to fans for tickets in later rounds.

Cruickie's Moustache

Good to see a range of suggestions regards future allocations.

The lesson has been learned that Hearts should always be able to sell out a final. With technology and the vast majority now doing things online, shorter gaps between phases must surely be possible.

The obvious phases are ST Holder then loyalty points, then general.

There is a middle ground that hasn't been mentioned. There will be people who aren't ST holders but go to games and are FoH contributors.

As opposed to loyalty points and semi attendees (I agree why chose the semi as the criteria against Auchinleck) why not consider FoH membership as well?

Certainly an issue that needs to be discussed at board level for next season.

yvonnejambo

Myself and my son are ST holders and attend most home games (unless night mid week games unless can take time off work that day and following day, as it’s a 4 hour drive each way). My partner has also been coming to games with us this season and bought match day tickets and plans to get a season ticket for next season. My friends son is just getting into football and is 11, I have taken to Ross County v Hearts games as they are the closest to where we live. He loves going and I was hoping to take him to cup final for the experience and then get him down to some games at Tynecastle. We need to always think of fans of the future and in my experience big games with all the excitement around them can help that. 

I didn’t buy in first phase as I was hoping to get 4 seats together so we could all go, I knew it was a gamble and unfortunately didn’t work as we missed out as all were sold by the time I got into the online queue. 
I understand the frustration and I don’t know what is the best way to do it. I personally like the 2 per ST/ high loyalty points as it does give us the option to give a ticket to someone else who is a fan but maybe can’t afford a ST or live far away, but especially for a child as if 1 per ST then no guarantee can get seats together. 

I know most don’t agree but i just hope all that are going will be genuine and no tickets sold for stupid prices or to rangers fans. 

The Treasurer
51 minutes ago, the general said:

Nah that was just you 😁

2 hours ago, stevie7147 said:

Your season ticket holder mates are ***** 

been here before
1 hour ago, michael_bolton said:

This occurred to me as well. Surely Hearts should be encouraging people to go to Tynecastle. I think if any game deserved priority, it should have been the Livingston one.

We should have got 2 free final tickets for sitting through 2 hours of that turgid shite.

Awful game.

stevie7147
20 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Your season ticket holder mates are ***** 

not my mates i dont have any mates of them

been here before
12 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Tickets say Rangers first. Odd we qualified first

Nothing odd, they won the first semi drawn.

18 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Tickets say Rangers first. Odd we qualified first

the bigot fest semi was the fist semi drawn out of the pot so they were allocated as the home team

1 hour ago, frazzle44 said:

Missed the ticket sale as it was put on a day early - what is that about?

It was changed to the Friday on the 29th April so plenty of warning tbf.

gnasher75

Assuming everyone is fit apart from Beni as the manager has said...

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane 

McKay Simms Boyce

section s heart
5 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I'm a season ticket holder so getting my ticket was never in doubt. The club will never get it 100% right but for me letting season ticket holders get another ticket so early in the process was unnecessary, and I think attendance at the semi shouldn't come into it all.

Also, we all have our different reasons for the amount of games we choose to go to or not to go to. These reasons always seem to melt away when there's a big final coming up. Some folk who have only been to the semi this season taking umbrage at the mere suggestion that there are others more deserving of a ticket are kidding themselves on a bit too.

Good post. 

Difficult to satisfy everyone who might want a ticket, but there's a good argument that our core active  support is probably around 15,000/ 16,000, mostly ST holders.

Seems right that they get priority - how we deal with others with a case for a ticket isn't straightforward, although I prefer a wider use of loyalty points. 

Like someone else had said, the club would not want our tickets ending up in opposition hands and maybe by selling them through ST holders, they feel they have minimised that risk. 

Now we need SFA to ensure their hospitality tickets don't fall into the wrong hands. Bit of a melee behind us in 2019 with a hospitality box occupied by unwashed. 

If you really wanted a ticket for the final then you could get one. Folk need to stop greeting about this. 

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

If you really wanted a ticket for the final then you could get one. Folk need to stop greeting about this. 

Exactly. Everyone could come up with a  sob story. 

😁

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I'd say if you still really want one, you'll get one. Has always been the case in recent years. 

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Assuming everyone is fit apart from Beni as the manager has said...

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane 

McKay Simms Boyce

Would prefer Smith, hopefully he gets some minutes in the last 2 games

south morocco
2 hours ago, kila said:

Would prefer Smith, hopefully he gets some minutes in the last 2 games

Yeah, I like NA but would prefer Smith in for this. Souttar too hopefully. That looks a good side from gnasher.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)