Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, stevie7147 said:

i personaly will be cutting back big time on the games i go to 

Why?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I bought my spare one this morning. Not using it at all. I’m going to have it mounted and framed as an unused ticket in pristine condition.

That 👆 is genuinely funny. 😄

CloustonHMFC
18 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I have sympathy for those who weren't able to get a ticket or couldn't get the tickets they needed. It's a huge event for our club and everyone wants to be a part of it.

I do however take a bit of offence to the people who are kicking and screaming over not getting a ticket because of non season ticket holders or non tynecastle regulars getting in ahead of them.

I haven't been to Tynecastle in years. I live a long way from Edinburgh and work nightshift on Friday and Saturday nights. Making getting to games nearly impossible. I couldn't afford to do it even if I wanted to right now.

Last couple of months I've been down to my last 20 quid before payday. I can't afford to take my boy on a nice holiday over the summer. But I could afford to give him an amazing memory of beating hibs in a semi final. Now I'm taking him to see Hearts in a cup final. Something that at the age of 9 he can hopefully carry with him forever. 

So while I have full sympathy for those who haven't been able to secure a ticket. I will fight any man who tries to argue my right to be there with my son, creating memories and supporting our club.

I’m not quite in the same boat but agree with you completely. 

Moved abroad in 2018, obviously can’t get to many games any more but I plan my trips home based around our home fixtures to make sure I get to a game nearly every time I’m home. Sometimes two or three. I’ve got Hearts TV international and I can count on one hand the number games I haven’t watched on there since I moved, including the 2 seasons of utter dross in that time. I don’t necessarily feel like I deserve a ticket but if I’m eligible to buy one then nobody is going to make me feel bad for that. I’ve booked my flights home, I’ll spend a quality day with my dad, brother and best mate and hopefully see us lift yet another Scottish Cup. **** what anyone else has to say. 

26 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I have sympathy for those who weren't able to get a ticket or couldn't get the tickets they needed. It's a huge event for our club and everyone wants to be a part of it.

I do however take a bit of offence to the people who are kicking and screaming over not getting a ticket because of non season ticket holders or non tynecastle regulars getting in ahead of them.

I haven't been to Tynecastle in years. I live a long way from Edinburgh and work nightshift on Friday and Saturday nights. Making getting to games nearly impossible. I couldn't afford to do it even if I wanted to right now.

Last couple of months I've been down to my last 20 quid before payday. I can't afford to take my boy on a nice holiday over the summer. But I could afford to give him an amazing memory of beating hibs in a semi final. Now I'm taking him to see Hearts in a cup final. Something that at the age of 9 he can hopefully carry with him forever. 

So while I have full sympathy for those who haven't been able to secure a ticket. I will fight any man who tries to argue my right to be there with my son, creating memories and supporting our club.

Top man 🙌

3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I’m not quite in the same boat but agree with you completely. 

Moved abroad in 2018, obviously can’t get to many games any more but I plan my trips home based around our home fixtures to make sure I get to a game nearly every time I’m home. Sometimes two or three. I’ve got Hearts TV international and I can count on one hand the number games I haven’t watched on there since I moved, including the 2 seasons of utter dross in that time. I don’t necessarily feel like I deserve a ticket but if I’m eligible to buy one then nobody is going to make me feel bad for that. I’ve booked my flights home, I’ll spend a quality day with my dad, brother and best mate and hopefully see us lift yet another Scottish Cup. **** what anyone else has to say. 

Did you sleep on my hotel room floor at Liverpool????

Or I’ve got the wrong guy completely 😀

CloustonHMFC
Just now, PTBCAL said:

Did you sleep on my hotel room floor at Liverpool????

Or I’ve got the wrong guy completely 😀

Holy shit.

That was absolutely not me 🙄😅 nah, definitely was, thankfully I’m a lot older and wiser since then 😂😂😂

merseyjambo

To be fair, I didn’t even try. I had the offer of a couple of customer numbers to use as unfortunately I am now working more Saturday’s then I used to when I was on a shift pattern. Having to stay sober as I’m working at the Emptyhad on the Sunday was the nail in the coffin for me.

Hopefully next season with European midweek games, I’ll can make it to more but that will depend if Man Utd make Europe and I end up having to work them.

I get the frustration for a lot of people but allowing those who had been at the semi final to purchase 2 tickets was folly. Allow them 1 then what’s left can go on sale to those with a recent purchase history or FoH member who can’t get to all the games.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m confident my masters degree from the UoE shows my reading skills 👍🏽🖕🏾.

You just take the day off to photograph randoms the day they explained the difference between eligible and guaranteed? 

RudiSkacel51
38 minutes ago, Bauld said:

A brilliant post in amongst all the seethe and anger in this thread, hope you and the wee man have a class day 👍

Unknown user
43 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Fair play

Fire_At_The_Disco
49 minutes ago, Bauld said:

This man gets it, has the ability to purchase tickets, logs on early, sees his seats and buys them. 
If your not fast…..your last! 

Tams bird
1 hour ago, kila said:

Wonder how many have bought for that by mistake in the morning panic

Someone I know done that last Friday...

54 minutes ago, Bauld said:

❤️This 

BelgeJambo

Anybody mentioned should have been a Murrayfield  yet?

HHGH

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

56 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I can't see how anybody would have a problem with this. Hearts fans buying tickets that they are entitled to. What seems to be the issue is folk boasting that they have bought for folks who have never been to a game in their lives. I'm sure some are on the wind up but some will have done it. I hope you and the wee man have a day you will never forget Bauld.

willie wallace

I was in the queue this morning when Jean Paul told the last section of the queue that they were not guaranteed a ticket.

Does anyone know if they were successful.

Hope they all made it.

Back to 2005
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Plenty tickets left for last home game v Rangers….. just saying likesay 

I had fully intended to go to this like I’ve been to every game bar the Celtic opening day and one other but no way am I now spending another 45 quid or thereabouts after the way this has been handled. 
I’m sure all the day trippers that are mates with season ticket holders will be there though ….

Mikey1874
5 hours ago, John Blair said:

If only there was a system for measuring loyalty. Perhaps a points based system. So there can be no dispute as to who should get one, as everyone knows the rules from the off.  Alternatively, just come up with some half baked allocation and create frustration. 

Over the years people also asked for priority to be given to  people who went to Cup games. So that has been taken into account. 

51 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Holy shit.

That was absolutely not me 🙄😅 nah, definitely was, thankfully I’m a lot older and wiser since then 😂😂😂

Tell your Dad I say hello

Top Man 👍

Tell him Cal’s Dad 

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Was that John Paul? Would you believe that a right creepy ******* took a photo of him and posted it earlier on this thread.

It was, and I would ...

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Finally, someone carries out a proper Root Cause Analysis. Well played Sir. 👍

Only after the Risk Assessment and Method Statement though right???

Weebroon98
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

👏👏

10 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I was in the queue this morning when Jean Paul told the last section of the queue that they were not guaranteed a ticket.

Hope they all made it.

I think they were as a few who bought tickets at lunchtime- single tickets I believe when I was in 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They should be. Same with Hospitality tickets. 

thanks for the info dave il let you know in the near future what happens

Bazzas right boot

Thanks to @Wee Mikey queuing the old fashioned way, an extra ticket has been secured.

Good to know folk in high places. 

CloustonHMFC
18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Tell your Dad I say hello

Top Man 👍

Tell him Cal’s Dad 

I will do mate, thanks very much 👍👍

Way too much anger and negativity on this thread. Most of the anger coming thru people's own self entitlement of thinking they were guaranteed a ticket but making a complete erse of the process. Personally it was a completely stress free process this morning as I'd prepared accordingly for it. 

Think it's pretty frickin awsome that we sold out in 14 minutes TBH👏👏

Absolutely buzzing for the 21st now as we all should be🇱🇻🇱🇻

27 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Hope they all made it.

Did he come out and tell them in French 😂

2012 I waited 6hrs for a ticket JP was out at 3pm refusing to take anyone else onto the Queue a few unhappy people mouthing off with him in the old car park 😂

The Ultimate Worrier
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Plenty tickets left for last home game v Rangers….. just saying likesay 

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Not comparable to the cup final game likesay..:thumb:

It's a fair point though. A lot of folk wouldn't dream of going to a run of the mill game league like that but think because they turn up at a semi final they have a divine right to a ticket for the final.

It's like the old saying, look after your season ticket holders and the glory seeking day trippers will look after themselves.

willie wallace
14 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I think they were as a few who bought tickets at lunchtime- single tickets I believe when I was in 

Good news.Cheers for that.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

I went to my first cup final in 1956 when i was 9. I hope your son has as good a day as i had then.

willie wallace
3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Did he come out and tell them in French 😂

2012 I waited 6hrs for a ticket JP was out at 3pm refusing to take anyone else onto the Queue a few unhappy people mouthing off with him in the old car park 😂

All the years he has been there I have thought of him as Jean Paul.

Now you mention it I have no idea why I thought that.🙄

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, kila said:

Wonder how many have bought for that by mistake in the morning panic

In 2019, we were away to Celtic in the final league game prior to playing them in the final at Hampdump, and I can remember when tickets for the final went on sale, at least one, and possibly more than one, jkb poster saying they'd got tickets for the final in section whatever and asking where that actually was in the stadium, only to be told they'd bought tickets for the wrong stadium and obviously the wrong game entirely! 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

A brilliant post in amongst all the seethe and anger in this thread, hope you and the wee man have a class day 👍

So there should have been another option for people like him then..   ST holders and those that   travel to away games spend a lot of money in SUPPORTING this club are right in there seething. Jumping the  queue  for whatever reason is not   ettitic or  gentlemanly   like .  

Ticket office made a big balls up.

Hope he has a great day and we bring the cup back tae Gorgie i may add.

FTH.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

That 👆 is genuinely funny. 😄

Question mark in Hamilton probably thinks he was being serious!

Jean Louis Valois
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Hope you and your boy have a brilliant day mate 👍

Sooperstar
3 hours ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Haven’t been to many games in recent years but was on my marks this morning and have secured a ticket. If you really wanted one you could get one. 

Yep, anyone who didn't get one just didn't want it enough.

Alex MacDonald

First final I’ll miss in my 56 year history, with the exception of 2020, so very disappointed, but as I’m no longer a season ticket holder, or was able to make the SF, I can’t complain. There are far more serious things going on in the world to worry about, and well done to everyone who got a ticket, hope you witness and celebrate  the biggest cup win in the club’s history.

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

The weekend of 98 will live with me until the day I die. It was one of the best times of my life watching us life the cup at Parkhead, travelling through to Gorgie for the team coming back with the cup then spending Sunday at the parade. 

I really hope the wee man gets to experience that with you as he will never forget it. 

Bazzas right boot
Spoiler

Got a ticket for my m8, his first game ever. 

Glad he's got his own seat, sick of him on my knee Tbh. 

photo-by-rick-kernwireimage.jpg

Wee Mikey
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Got a ticket for my m8, his first game ever. 

Glad he's got his own seat, sick of him on my knee Tbh. 

photo-by-rick-kernwireimage.jpg

What ARE you like? 😄

37 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

All the years he has been there I have thought of him as Jean Paul.

Now you mention it I have no idea why I thought that.🙄

😂

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

If you are a ST holder you could have got your ticket in phase one. 

If you held off to be with your pals it is your own fault. 

Is there really ST holders that have missed out? That’s mental if so!

ps not read thread obvs

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So there should have been another option for people like him then..   ST holders and those that   travel to away games spend a lot of money in SUPPORTING this club are right in there seething. Jumping the  queue  for whatever reason is not   ettitic or  gentlemanly   like .  

Ticket office made a big balls up.

Hope he has a great day and we bring the cup back tae Gorgie i may add.

FTH.

Surely there can’t be many that travel to all the away games and don’t have season tickets? That seems quite mad. 

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

I had fully intended to go to this like I’ve been to every game bar the Celtic opening day and one other but no way am I now spending another 45 quid or thereabouts after the way this has been handled. 
I’m sure all the day trippers that are mates with season ticket holders will be there though ….

No system is perfect, everyone knows that season ticket holders always get priority for big game tickets. If you don’t have an ST you are taking a gamble. The hard lesson for anyone complaining about not getting a tickets is pretty obvious.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Surely there can’t be many that travel to all the away games and don’t have season tickets? That seems quite mad. 

Dave you’ll know, there’s punters on here saying they’ve not been to games in years but claiming they secured a brief this morning, but folk with ST’s couldn’t get one?

edit - maybe I misread a post but can’t be arsed trawling though 😀

Edited by smiler

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And if they don’t have a season ticket and go to away games they are giving he haw to Hearts 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Dave you’ll know, there’s punters on here saying they’ve not been to games in years but claiming they secured a brief this morning, but folk with ST’s couldn’t get one?

People say a lot of things on here, some of it true and some of it not. Any season ticket holder that didn’t get one got their risk analysis badly wrong, unfortunately. 

Bindy Badgy
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can see shift workers going to 50% home, 50% away games. I was in that position for a while due to having weird work patterns. An ST wasn't worth my while as I couldn't guarantee which weekends I would have off.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I know a few who have kids or workmates in the young team that do that very thing. I’ve asked why and have yet to be given an explanation that makes any sense whatsoever.

Edit: I did once ask was it maybe easier to buy tickets as and when they came up once paid monthly rather than a lump sum at the beginning of the season, which did seem to be the case for some, but when I followed up asking why go to more away than home, never really got an answer. I suspect these people are hanging out with their mates and bantz fans more than they are football/Hearts fans.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)