Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

2 hours ago, John Blair said:

If only there was a system for measuring loyalty. Perhaps a points based system. So there can be no dispute as to who should get one, as everyone knows the rules from the off.  Alternatively, just come up with some half baked allocation and create frustration. 

TBF the only thing the club have got wrong (and it is a big one) is the extra ticket for ST holders. 

The only guarantee they made was to STH and 120+LPs in Phase one. 

If STH held off until Phase Two then it's their own fault imo. 

Demand was always going to outstrip supply and any Hearts fan paying attention would know that. 

The feeling around the club and support atm is totally different to the general indifference in 2019.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

The Bannon Flick
16 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Haven’t been to many games in recent years but was on my marks this morning and have secured a ticket. If you really wanted one you could get one. 

Utter nonsense 

maroonlegions
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

TBF the only thing the club have got wrong (and it is a big one) is the extra ticket for ST holders. 

Demand was always going to outstrip supply and any Hearts fan paying attention would know that. 

The feeling around the club and support atm is totally different to the general indifference in 2019.

So those ST holders today steamed in and bought their mates one??

And i bet a % of those mates have not been  to games in years.. Home or away.

I am off to another away game on Wednesday at Motherwell..:thumb: 

Edited by maroonlegions

The Bannon Flick
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I do understand why some are raging, they’ve been there the whole season and then someone rocks up who’s hardly been there at all and tries to elbow their way into a final.

And that’s just John Souttar…

👏

hughesie27
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I'm just catching up so its maybe been mentioned but the club usually do a cull of LPs every couple of years. Any old LPs are useless and only points gained since the date of the cull are any use. 

In theory aye. However I've still got LPs from 4 years ago. 

Then there was also the scam that those who bought a ST last year and deferred it to this season (not making use of last seasons streams) still got the 20 LP's from last year. So 40 points for the price of 1 ST. 

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Plenty tickets left for last home game v Rangers….. just saying likesay 

Not comparable to the cup final game likesay..:thumb:

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Under the rocks that day.

47 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Hahaha. That's on the Romanov revolution dvd? I thought he was patronising as ****!

Yeah that’s the one mate 😂 I was in my early teens when it was out every time I watched it would always laugh at it 😂😂😂.

I’m going to try find the DVD re watch it.

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

To which you could reply "Im no' sure, what colour is Buckfast"?

“Ah the Buckfast April 2022 vintage, splendid choice sir, and may I recommend drinking straight from the bottle?”

Hi i let the Hearts disability officer know my intention of getting final tickets a couple weeks ago i did go to the semi so i was eligible for phase 2 i see tickets are now "sold out"

Are the disabled access tickets put to the side and il still get my tickets?

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah that’s the one mate 😂 I was in my early teens when it was out every time I watched it would always laugh at it 😂😂😂.

1hr 39m 20s

Jamborose
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Big part of the problem here was folk who held back hoping to get seats together. We’ve got 12 in a mini bus. 4 had to go hospitality as they didn’t have enough points. The other 8 bought a single ticket on day 1. None of us are sitting that close to anyone else, but waiting for that possibility was never an option frankly given the way they were selling tickets.

Good loyal Hearts fans missing out so that an ST could take a random of their choice ? Sorry but that’s just not fair and I simply don’t see any logic to it.

why did you not link the accounts so you could get them together ?

Silvery_Moon

Got my guaranteed brief in phase 1 but do feel for those who missed out.

Allowing people to buy 2 tickets in phase 2 was questionable to say the least.

:greggy:

Jamboelite

People who went to the semi feeling entitled…mental !!

Edited by Jamboelite

michael_bolton
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Debentures snapped up as well. 

Has this been confirmed?

I'm not ITK or anything, but since we're in the 'Celtic end' at Hampden, I'd imagine there'll be a number of the debenture holders for our end who will be Celtic-minded and will not be attending the game.

I'd have thought those tickets might come up for our brothers and sisters who are without?

Jamboelite
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Haven't had a season ticket in years unfortunately. 

Got a ticket for me and my laddie from my brother and mates phase 2 ST allocation.

ezgif.com-resize.gif.c4afc3e49eb0d923da9b2d3b78356dca.gif

Welcome mate see you there. 👍🏼

Scott Leitch
16 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It's on you tube. I had it on the night before the semi. Great memories. 

11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

1hr 39m 20s

I gave Miko my Lithuanian flag he was hanging off the side of the bus.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Al this chat about which supporters should get what is rank.

The whole crux of the issue is that our "National Stadium" is shite!

We should have had a new modern 70,000 facility built years ago that would satisfy 30,000+ supporters of each side.

Finally, someone carries out a proper Root Cause Analysis. Well played Sir. 👍

Der Kaiser
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Welcome mate see you there. 👍🏼

Tbh in two minds about going now.....I'll decide on the Saturday morning.....

:kirk:

::troll::

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

In theory aye. However I've still got LPs from 4 years ago. 

Then there was also the scam that those who bought a ST last year and deferred it to this season (not making use of last seasons streams) still got the 20 LP's from last year. So 40 points for the price of 1 ST. 

Because of Covid we have all got four years protected this will drop off for 22/23

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Hi i let the Hearts disability officer know my intention of getting final tickets a couple weeks ago i did go to the semi so i was eligible for phase 2 i see tickets are now "sold out"

Are the disabled access tickets put to the side and il still get my tickets?

They should be. Same with Hospitality tickets. 

Psychedelicropcircle

We were in the air at 9am ✈️ TF we got a pal to log in & purchase on our behalf!

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Because of Covid we have all got four years protected this will drop off for 22/23

Ah, that would explain my 16 points and only been at cup finals lately. 

Jamboelite
5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Tbh in two minds about going now.....I'll decide on the Saturday morning.....

:kirk:

::troll::

Just burn it if you dont use it 🔥 

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, The Bannon Flick said:

They should have just made phase 1 for season tickets only to buy 1 each.

Phase 2 should then have been for 120 loyalty points and above, again only to buy 1 each.

Then a phase 3 for +100 points, same as above and so on and so forth.

Phases could just be a couple of days each before moving onto the next one.

Yes, it would mean people wouldn’t be sitting with mates etc but in my opinion it’s the only fair way to do it.

Feel sorry for those folks who have missed out this time round - hope the club come up with a better plan for all the other finals Robbie is going to take us to.

Enjoy the game to those lucky enough to get a ticket. 🇱🇻

Sensible, but too late now.

John Blair
40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I accept we all have different views but that still doesn’t make sense to me. What happens when we play European games away from home and not even every season ticket holder who wants one can get a ticket? It will, or should be, be done on loyalty points. Because then the rules are known to everyone beforehand. Not whether you were at a random game. 

soonbe110
4 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’ve always found ticket office staff very helpful especially with some of pish they get thrown at them some old codger in front of me having a go at the young lad for no reason 

Ditto, I think our ticket office staff are outstanding given what they have to put up with. 

soonbe110
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

John Paul from the shop has just told us this, I’m sure he knows better than most. 

JP isn’t reliable then.  He isn’t involved in ticket sales, he is a shop assistant selling merchandise not tickets. Completely different department. They never promised semi attendees anything other than the chance to buy a ticket in phase 2. 

hughesie27
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

JP isn’t reliable then.  He isn’t involved in ticket sales, he is a shop assistant selling merchandise not tickets. Completely different department. They never promised semi attendees anything other than the chance to buy a ticket in phase 2. 

I mean, he clearly can't guarantee everyone a ticket, but it's hardly a stretch to think everyone in the shop/ticket office talk to each other. 

soonbe110
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Same allocation for Semi and Final. 

We got extra for semi at last minute because of the oppositions poor sales. We didn’t sell all the tickets that were available to us for the semi. 

soonbe110
Just now, hughesie27 said:

I mean, he clearly can't guarantee everyone a ticket, but it's hardly a stretch to think everyone in the shop/ticket office talk to each other. 

But do the shop folk really know the ins and outs of the the ticket selling process? I doubt it based in my experience.  I wouldn’t ask the ticket office folk for details about merchandise in the shop and I wouldn’t ask the shop folk about hospitality either. They are all paid to do a specific job. 

Heartsmad1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

But do the shop folk really know the ins and outs of the the ticket selling process? I doubt it based in my experience.  I wouldn’t ask the ticket office folk for details about merchandise in the shop and I wouldn’t ask the shop folk about hospitality either. They are all paid to do a specific job. 

Sure JP used to sell tickets in the old St James store everytime i went in.

soonbe110
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Can't believe people are having to keep explaining what's already been posted by Hearts for ages.

Imagine having to sell tickets to them😂😂

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, soonbe110 said:

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

JP could have walked along asking how many tickets are you applying for he could have went back five minutes later and the number would have been totally different 

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think they do a great job. I'll be giving them a clap from my doorstep next Thursday at 7pm. 👏 

I'm now imagining a post-lockdown rendition of:-

🎶🎵🎶

"NHS (No H1b5 sh*te),

NHS (No H1b5 sh*te)."

🎶🎵🎶

Complete with banging of pots & pans.

Screenshot_20220506-151207_Google.jpg

hughesie27
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We got extra for semi at last minute because of the oppositions poor sales. We didn’t sell all the tickets that were available to us for the semi. 

We never got extra because Hibs never sold there's. We never took any from Hibs allocation.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He's just need to be told how many they have for walk up sales and then look at the queue/ask how many people intended on buying. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, westbow said:

Not got a ST but got a hospitality ticket. To be fair I was at the Forfar cup game so I’m due one in perpetuity.

I agree that all those that suffered the Forfar game should always get a ticket for cup games for as long as they live. Even then it wouldn’t be enough compensation. 

LarrysRightFoot

In the unlikely event anyone has a spare PM me please. I’m open to negotiating. 

Mods - apologies if this isn’t allowed. 

57 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wonder how many have bought for that by mistake in the morning panic

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

So those ST holders today steamed in and bought their mates one??

And i bet a % of those mates have not been  to games in years.. Home or away.

I am off to another away game on Wednesday at Motherwell..:thumb: 

I did say they had got phase two wrong. 

JimmyCant
48 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

why did you not link the accounts so you could get them together ?

Long story 😂

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

😂😂

I’m sure he’ll be expecting quite a raise in his pay packet this month 👍😉

You can have the 21st May off. I won't be in that day.

1874robbo
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You can have the 21st May off. I won't be in that day.

You got the tickets in your hand yet? 😂😂😂😂

soonbe110
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We never got extra because Hibs never sold there's. We never took any from Hibs allocation.

He's just need to be told how many they have for walk up sales and then look at the queue/ask how many people intended on buying. 

We got extra and sold them.  We were then offered more and sold most of them.  Offered more again but didn’t take them up.  No idea if any of the extra were Hibs allocation or not just assumed they must be. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, 1874robbo said:

You got the tickets in your hand yet? 😂😂😂😂

Fair point. Take the week off.

1874robbo
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You don’t see an issue with allowing a free for all with everyone technically able to apply for twice as many tickets as we’ve been allocated?  Not much I can say to that other than you appear to be in a tiny minority who think the club has done this fairly. 

Of course if you’re a ST holder you shouldn’t have an issue as you were guaranteed a ticket in phase 1.   That only guaranteed you one ticket though. And loyalty points were of no use whatsoever today.

Correct, I managed to get the tickets I wanted but I was on the other day saying the club had made a mess of it imo and I still feel they did.

one ticket per account would have been much fairer.

I have sympathy for those who weren't able to get a ticket or couldn't get the tickets they needed. It's a huge event for our club and everyone wants to be a part of it.

I do however take a bit of offence to the people who are kicking and screaming over not getting a ticket because of non season ticket holders or non tynecastle regulars getting in ahead of them.

I haven't been to Tynecastle in years. I live a long way from Edinburgh and work nightshift on Friday and Saturday nights. Making getting to games nearly impossible. I couldn't afford to do it even if I wanted to right now.

Last couple of months I've been down to my last 20 quid before payday. I can't afford to take my boy on a nice holiday over the summer. But I could afford to give him an amazing memory of beating hibs in a semi final. Now I'm taking him to see Hearts in a cup final. Something that at the age of 9 he can hopefully carry with him forever. 

So while I have full sympathy for those who haven't been able to secure a ticket. I will fight any man who tries to argue my right to be there with my son, creating memories and supporting our club.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)