Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd say if you still really want one, you'll get one. Has always been the case in recent years. 

Totally.  There were people standing outside Hampden holding up spare tickets before the H1b5 game.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd say if you still really want one, you'll get one. Has always been the case in recent years. 

Totally agree , be spares going for sure. 

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Totally.  There were people standing outside Hampden holding up spare tickets before the H1b5 game.

That was the Hibs end. Even touts took a hit there😉

Silvery_Moon
9 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I'm a season ticket holder so getting my ticket was never in doubt. The club will never get it 100% right but for me letting season ticket holders get another ticket so early in the process was unnecessary, and I think attendance at the semi shouldn't come into it all.

Why give the semi more weight than any other game in the Cup run? I was at the Livi match where the crowd was pretty paltry for example. Turning up for a semi against Hibs is a bit easier than making the trek to Auchinlek early in the season for a game that was on TV anyway. I didn't go to that but would have no problem with the folk who did getting some sort of recognition in terms of applying for tickets for the Final.

Also, we all have our different reasons for the amount of games we choose to go to or not to go to. These reasons always seem to melt away when there's a big final coming up. Some folk who have only been to the semi this season taking umbrage at the mere suggestion that there are others more deserving of a ticket are kidding themselves on a bit too.

:spoton:

I have my ticket but find it unfair that in theory you could have the following contrast in entitlement. 

Person 1

Loyalty Points - 119

Attended Auchinleck, Livingston and Saint Mirren games plus various home and away league games this season. Unfortunately work commitments stopped them being able to attend the semi.

Entitlement - 0 tickets for the final

Person 2

Went to semi final only.

Entitlement - 2 tickets for the final

Very unfair!

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Good to see a range of suggestions regards future allocations.

The lesson has been learned that Hearts should always be able to sell out a final. With technology and the vast majority now doing things online, shorter gaps between phases must surely be possible.

The obvious phases are ST Holder then loyalty points, then general.

There is a middle ground that hasn't been mentioned. There will be people who aren't ST holders but go to games and are FoH contributors.

As opposed to loyalty points and semi attendees (I agree why chose the semi as the criteria against Auchinleck) why not consider FoH membership as well?

Certainly an issue that needs to be discussed at board level for next season.

I could be wrong, but I think if the club itself was to give any sort of benefit to FoH members, that could risk the possibility of HMRC being able to argue that FoH contributions are not actually just donations to the club, but are payments for a service or product, and therefore subject to VAT, which would see one sixth of all FoH contributions disappear into HMRC's coffers.

I don't think we're ever likely to see FoH membership confer any sort of benefits from the club.

periodictabledancer
8 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I have my ticket but find it unfair that in theory you could have the following contrast in entitlement. 

Person 1

Loyalty Points - 119

Attended Auchinleck, Livingston and Saint Mirren games plus various home and away league games this season. Unfortunately work commitments stopped them being able to attend the semi.

Person 2

Went to semi final only.

Very unfair!

Possibly,  but if we don't sell out the semi we face having our allocation cut for the final. And I say that as one of six who went to the semi, none of us are going to the final (our choice).

Scott Leitch
51 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Yeah, I like NA but would prefer Smith in for this. Souttar too hopefully. That looks a good side from gnasher.

We can't have Smith in the starting line up in the final. He's not played for months. That would be crazy. 

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Good to see a range of suggestions regards future allocations.

The lesson has been learned that Hearts should always be able to sell out a final. With technology and the vast majority now doing things online, shorter gaps between phases must surely be possible.

The obvious phases are ST Holder then loyalty points, then general.

There is a middle ground that hasn't been mentioned. There will be people who aren't ST holders but go to games and are FoH contributors.

As opposed to loyalty points and semi attendees (I agree why chose the semi as the criteria against Auchinleck) why not consider FoH membership as well?

Certainly an issue that needs to be discussed at board level for next season.

FoH contributions should have nothing to do with match tickets. 

People are trying to fit their own circumstances into the way things should be done. 

Attending games should get you priority and nothing else, skyline getting you points is a nonsense. 

The Ultimate Worrier
9 hours ago, jvm32 said:

Those at the St Mirren game got priority for the semi, so it seemed to be like a logical extension to apply that from the semi to the final as well. For the St Mirren, Livi and Auchenleck games we didn't sell out, so anyone could have got a ticket for those, and therefore no need to incentivise those who attended the previous round. I'd imagine it must be a tiny number of folk who went to Auchenleck who didn't either go to the semi or have a season ticket, same is probably true for the Livi and St Mirren games.

It's nothing new either, we have used the same system in the past to give priority to fans for tickets in later rounds.

I'm not really talking about incentives for buying tickets although the club perhaps could have done that. As I say, I didn't go to Auchinleck but I think anyone making that trip in the middle of January for an early kick off deserve some sort of recognition when it comes to Final tickets. Certainly more than someone whose first game of the season was a semi against Hibs.

1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Person 1

Loyalty Points - 119

Person 2

Went to semi final only.

Very unfair!

Absolutely nailed it mate. Hopefully it didn't happen but some genuine fans could have missed out while a day tripper who probably hadn't been at a Hearts game since the 2019 but was at the semi gets to walk away with two turnstile turner's, two match briefs, two Willy Wonka Golden Tickets.

If I'd missed out on those circumstances to a glory seeker I wouldn't be very impressed.

cookieboy
8 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Assuming everyone is fit apart from Beni as the manager has said...

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane 

McKay Simms Boyce

swap Cochrane for Halliday

7 hours ago, kila said:

Would prefer Smith, hopefully he gets some minutes in the last 2 games

prefer over who ?

4 hours ago, Yoda said:

You'll always get spares with people calling off at the last minute. 

Even on here there was people who had bought tickets and had to call off due to Covid. 

No doubt there will be the odd spare ticket on Cup final day. 

I wouldn't go through without a ticket but its worth a try if you're desperate. 

Jambo 4 Ever
5 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Person 1

Loyalty Points - 119

Person 2

Went to semi final only.

Very unfair!

If you had 119 points you could have easily bought a ticket for todays game for example and then been ok

jamtartan74
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you had 119 points you could have easily bought a ticket for todays game for example and then been ok

What section would have been the best place to buy a ticket for and would the sun be in your eyes in that part of the ground?

10 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I'm not really talking about incentives for buying tickets although the club perhaps could have done that. As I say, I didn't go to Auchinleck but I think anyone making that trip in the middle of January for an early kick off deserve some sort of recognition when it comes to Final tickets. Certainly more than someone whose first game of the season was a semi against Hibs.

Absolutely nailed it mate. Hopefully it didn't happen but some genuine fans could have missed out while a day tripper who probably hadn't been at a Hearts game since the 2019 but was at the semi gets to walk away with two turnstile turner's, two match briefs, two Willy Wonka Golden Tickets.

If I'd missed out on those circumstances to a glory seeker I wouldn't be very impressed.

They would have got a decent number of loyalty points I'd imagine for the Auchinleck game. As i said I'd be amazed if anyone who went to that game didn't either have a season ticket or go to the semi, and therefore missed out on the chance to buy a ticket themselves. And I'm sure if there was a very small number who didn't qualify through either of those routes  then they surely knew someone who did fall in to one of those categories who could have got them one.

I get the argument around fairness, and agree tickets could and should have been sold in a different way post phase 2, but I can't believe there was someone who falls in to such an extreme hypothetical example, or if there was surely they knew someone who met the qualifying criteria to buy a ticket for them? 

The problem is, if they day trippers didn't buy tickets for the semi, we wouldn't have sold as many tickets as we did (bearing in mind we didn't actually fully sell out of all tickets even at that), so there is an argument to be made that had those day trippers not turned up we wouldn't have got a 50/50 split for the final and those same folk who missed out would still have missed out due to a reduced allocation. 

been here before
27 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

They would have got a decent number of loyalty points I'd imagine for the Auchinleck game.

435696518_Screenshot_20220508-071532_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.06cd27edd3c1d344711c6e9148e79116.jpg

Only 3.

Perhaps the decision makers at the club were fearful of our normal drubbing at CP affecting ticket sales. 

Maybe that's why they wanted Cup final tickets out the way ASAP. 

Judging by the reaction on here to what was a dead rubber for us they had a point. 😕 

I have a ticket in South Stand upper for the final. Unfortunately my 14 year old daughter couldn't get a ticket and is obviously gutted. So if anybody has two tickets together and they don't need one of them then I will swap and pay the balance, regardless of whether it's a concession ticket or not. 

Thanks.

Burford Jamtart

For anyone who can afford it, (not me)Hampden Park hospitality still has availability on their website. £358.00 

14 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I could be wrong, but I think if the club itself was to give any sort of benefit to FoH members, that could risk the possibility of HMRC being able to argue that FoH contributions are not actually just donations to the club, but are payments for a service or product, and therefore subject to VAT, which would see one sixth of all FoH contributions disappear into HMRC's coffers.

I don't think we're ever likely to see FoH membership confer any sort of benefits from the club.

Those achieving 1874 level FOH Membership get a free Hospitality day at the match they are presented with their badge/ certificate (according to FOH website).

hoof.hearted
On 07/05/2022 at 09:33, luckydug said:

Tickets were in really really short supply in 96.

Hampden's main stand was closed to the public because of safety concerns. This was shortly before the new modern stand was constructed and was the reason we had to play at Parkhead for the 98 final. 

I think we only had about 18k tickets for 96 and 22k for 98 due to only three sides of CP being open. 

I'm amazed you got so many tickets. 

So am I when I look back but all I can think of was there was no criteria back then as only 3 or 4 of us were season ticket holders IIRC.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, DMR123 said:

Those achieving 1874 level FOH Membership get a free Hospitality day at the match they are presented with their badge/ certificate (according to FOH website).

I'm pretty sure (although not 100% certain) that the FoH will be providing that, i.e. they'll pay the club for it out of FoH funds. From the club's point of view, you'll just be another paid for customer in the hospitality. 

FarmerTweedy
On 07/05/2022 at 09:33, luckydug said:

Tickets were in really really short supply in 96.

Hampden's main stand was closed to the public because of safety concerns. This was shortly before the new modern stand was constructed and was the reason we had to play at Parkhead for the 98 final. 

I think we only had about 18k tickets for 96 and 22k for 98 due to only three sides of CP being open. 

I'm amazed you got so many tickets. 

For the 96 final, I can't remember exactly how it was done, but there was definitely priority for season ticket holders, and they put season tickets on sale for the 96/97 season before the cup final tickets went on sale, and included folk who became new season ticket holders for 96/97 in the priority group. I can remember this because me and my mate made up our minds to become season ticket holders because of this, having gone to most games over the previous few years just buying tickets for individual games. 

For the 98 final, there were a few criteria for priority and you could get a ticket for each group you were in. Season ticket holders was one, shareholders was another (I can't remember if ordinary shares and club shares were separate categories!) and members of the first and second 500 clubs were another two! There may well have been one or two other criteria too!

22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm pretty sure (although not 100% certain) that the FoH will be providing that, i.e. they'll pay the club for it out of FoH funds. From the club's point of view, you'll just be another paid for customer in the hospitality. 

That could well be the case - although I am not sure I would want FOH funds used in that way. I suppose it remains an incentive to keep contributions going at good levels. Also incurs VAT unnecessarily.

On 06/05/2022 at 20:16, McCrae said:

All tickets sold in record time…. It’s a big success. No need to change anything. 

I know mate, but that wasn't my point

Edited by Busby8

Kalamazoo Jambo

A gentle reminder that is you want to sell a ticket for above face value, you aren’t going to do it on here.

periodictabledancer
13 hours ago, jvm32 said:

They would have got a decent number of loyalty points I'd imagine for the Auchinleck game. As i said I'd be amazed if anyone who went to that game didn't either have a season ticket or go to the semi, and therefore missed out on the chance to buy a ticket themselves. And I'm sure if there was a very small number who didn't qualify through either of those routes  then they surely knew someone who did fall in to one of those categories who could have got them one.

I get the argument around fairness, and agree tickets could and should have been sold in a different way post phase 2, but I can't believe there was someone who falls in to such an extreme hypothetical example, or if there was surely they knew someone who met the qualifying criteria to buy a ticket for them? 

The problem is, if they day trippers didn't buy tickets for the semi, we wouldn't have sold as many tickets as we did (bearing in mind we didn't actually fully sell out of all tickets even at that), so there is an argument to be made that had those day trippers not turned up we wouldn't have got a 50/50 split for the final and those same folk who missed out would still have missed out due to a reduced allocation. 

I already made that point. Maybe the club can insist ST holders buy two tickets if applying for match tickets for any future semi at Hampden thus ensuring "day trippers" are kept out .

periodictabledancer
On 07/05/2022 at 18:09, Samuel Camazzola said:

Can you explain how that works in the real world ? 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Join a few Hearts fan pages on Facebook and you'll see a few posts a day.

periodictabledancer
38 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Join a few Hearts fan pages on Facebook and you'll see a few posts a day.

Cool, buy from a tout. How novel.

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Aye, buying cup final tickets from other people at face value.

Crazy behaviour that.

9 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Or don’t buy them. Just put people down on the internet with your shitty attitude, almost as good as going to the cup final. 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Or don’t buy them. Just put people down on the internet with your shitty attitude, almost as good as going to the cup final. 

Imagine your wee laddie begging you to go to the cup final. Two tickets are posted for face value, cracking seats, seated together...only to turn round to him and say 'sorry son, that's just too ****ing novel'.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Imagine your wee laddie begging you to go to the cup final. Two tickets are posted for face value, cracking seats, seated together...only to turn round to him and say 'sorry son, that's just too ****ing novel'.

Exactly. There will be tickets going round. Either buy one or don’t. It’s not a difficult choice. 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Join a supporters club and apply for tickets through them. 

Go to loads of away games and or buy a season ticket. 

If you qualified for phase two and got out your scratcher early enough you'd get one. 

Go onto the hearts fb pages and try get one. 

Stand outside Hampden or buy hospitality. 

All real world solutions. 

Jambos dad
12 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

For the 96 final, I can't remember exactly how it was done, but there was definitely priority for season ticket holders, and they put season tickets on sale for the 96/97 season before the cup final tickets went on sale, and included folk who became new season ticket holders for 96/97 in the priority group. I can remember this because me and my mate made up our minds to become season ticket holders because of this, having gone to most games over the previous few years just buying tickets for individual games. 

For the 98 final, there were a few criteria for priority and you could get a ticket for each group you were in. Season ticket holders was one, shareholders was another (I can't remember if ordinary shares and club shares were separate categories!) and members of the first and second 500 clubs were another two! There may well have been one or two other criteria too!

As I have already said I have got a season ticket for next season and although I didn't buy it with regards to the cup final, taking into account how many new season ticket holders there are, it would have been a great gesture to people who have committed financially to the club to have offered them a chance to buy a ticket for the final 

tynietigers
On 07/05/2022 at 20:11, fabienleclerq said:

FoH contributions should have nothing to do with match tickets. 

People are trying to fit their own circumstances into the way things should be done. 

Attending games should get you priority and nothing else, skyline getting you points is a nonsense. 

Skyline points were implemented to promote the restaurant on a Sunday by they no longer exist 👍🏻

Howdy Doody Jambo

I wonder what the cup final attendance would have been for this match if Scotland had a proper national stadium with say 95000 capacity or more 

We could probably have sold 40,000 this year 

Tams bird
21 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Skyline points were implemented to promote the restaurant on a Sunday by they no longer exist 👍🏻

Screenshot_20220509-000034_kindlephoto-650563335.thumb.png.2ed18b5e57fd06e113f1d0c9a88d8048.png

Prince Buaben
7 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I wonder what the cup final attendance would have been for this match if Scotland had a proper national stadium with say 95000 capacity or more 

40k would have been a push.

It's probably better Hampden is that small as it means it won't feel like a final at Ibrox

Fire_At_The_Disco

I’ll have 2 spares, not got them in hand yet so will repost when I have them. 

gordiegords
10 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I’ll have 2 spares, not got them in hand yet so will repost when I have them. 

Exciting, I’ll be keeping an eye out, also does anyone know the names of Facebook pages where tickets have appeared? Ta 

8 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Scotland doesn't need a national stadium that holds 95000

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Scotland doesn't need a national stadium that holds 95000

Hypothetical, point is the cup final could have sold 80,000 tickets for this match, there seems to be a demand that outstrips supply for this fixture and other big games in the past

What could be if Scotland had a proper national stadium for example like Wales with the Millennium stadium with a 75,000 capacity and roof to keep out the rain 

Hampden isn't even as good as Murrayfield and that's for rugby which isn't even Scotlands most attended nor financially invested sport 

Is Rugby bigger than football in Scotland? 

N Lincs Jambo
4 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

40k would have been a push.

It's probably better Hampden is that small as it means it won't feel like a final at Ibrox

The 76 Final (my first trip to Hampden as a 12 year old laddie) seemed very much like a Rangers home game. Pockets of Hearts fans in the south stand and the east terracing but surrounded by huns. No segregation that day and amazingly the match was not all-ticket. A very violent day off the park.

We had close on 40K v Gretna in 2006 and 35-40K for both sets of fans would have been achievable.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Hypothetical, point is the cup final could have sold 80,000 tickets for this match, there seems to be a demand that outstrips supply for this fixture and other big games in the past

What could be if Scotland had a proper national stadium for example like Wales with the Millennium stadium with a 75,000 capacity and roof to keep out the rain 

Hampden isn't even as good as Murrayfield and that's for rugby which isn't even Scotlands most attended nor financially invested sport 

Is Rugby bigger than football in Scotland? 

No just the stadium it's watched in.

There is absolutely no reason with a current capacity of 67,500( that's 15,500 more than Hampden), why Murrayfield should not be the national stadium of Scotland.

Bazzas right boot

If only there was a neutral stadium that held around 60-70k in Scotland that could be used for football matches. 

:HeartsManspotrun:

Sigma One
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If only there was a neutral stadium that held around 60-70k in Scotland that could be used for football matches. 

:HeartsManspotrun:

If there was such a thing it would need to be in Glasgow surely? :kirklol:

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)