Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No. Keep it simple as possible. 

How do you choose which system given there is a fairly varied opinion?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, TWF said:

How do you choose which system given there is a fairly varied opinion?

Same way every other decision at the club is made I'd imagine? The majority of Hearts related decisions split opinion.

27 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

You have been able to tell the club you can't make the match so they can re-sell your seat for years!

I never knew 🤷🏻‍♂️

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Same way every other decision at the club is made I'd imagine? The majority of Hearts related decisions split opinion.

Indeed. You would hope that ticketmaster have a standard module that allows it. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think I will stick with my original suggestion. Maybe it will qualify within the minority!

I would support Hearts CEO & the Board considering selling Hearts season tickets to anyone who still wants a ST. We have the capacity and these supporters should be the clubs number one priority. With the old firm getting 1,200 tickets this amount should be cut to a maximum of 366 which is the equivalent  percentage of our allocation for Ibrox and near the Parkhead number. Now there would have to be a cut off date and the Old Firm would have to be informed before we play them at Tynie although I can’t see a problem with squeezing their allocation. All of K and most of L could be an area of Season Ticket holders and Walk-Ups. I’d never want a Hearts fan to be told that they can’t buy a Season Ticket because we’re playing a Glasgow team.

Edited by mitch41

People wanting loyalty  points or discounts etc

Just buy your season ticket if you can't go give it to someone who can and tell them to spend a tenner in the shop.

Or ask them to get you something out of the shop.

Why does everyone need the club to act like their nanny?

Also the people who moaned about the cup final tickets and the way they were allocated.

Wonder if that made some consider a purchase .

Loyalty points should be a reflection of away games attended primarily.

So that those people can get priority for Easter road.

39 minutes ago, Ked said:

Just buy your season ticket if you can't go give it to someone who can and tell them to spend a tenner in the shop.

Also the people who moaned about the cup final tickets and the way they were allocated.

Nope.  The club earns **** all from away games.

Edited by frankblack

8 hours ago, 151 said:

I am almost 100% sure that during the course of the season my partner will be busy and wont make some of the games - and if this is the case you'll be first to know 👍 hope you and the wee man can get to the County game.

This is my first season as a ST holder purely only viable due to the Roseburn offer - I know where you are coming from it is frustrating when you don't have the title of ST holder and your trying to justify your position.

@151  Cheers mate. Much appreciated. Funny how success brings it's own problems lol but better that than having an empty stadium!!

If we have a waiting list people should get nothing for missing a game. 

Rewarding non attendance, so folk can hoard tickets for big games and have priority is ridiculous.

That's why Arsenal and the like have huge waiting lists with very few new ST holders per annum. Fans literally locked out by selfish arseholes. 

If you have a ST and can't go to games, tough titties. You should release your seat/s for sale because you are not an arsehole. 

If you miss so many games that it's an issue, perhaps a ST isn't for you. 

This want want want gimmie gimmie gimmie attitude is sickening. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I would support Hearts CEO & the Board considering selling Hearts season tickets to anyone who still wants a ST. We have the capacity and these supporters should be the clubs number one priority. With the old firm getting 1,200 tickets this amount should be cut to a maximum of 366 which is the equivalent  percentage of our allocation for Ibrox and near the Parkhead number. Now there would have to be a cut off date and the Old Firm would have to be informed before we play them at Tynie although I can’t see a problem with squeezing their allocation. All of K and most of L could be an area of Season Ticket holders and Walk-Ups. I’d never want a Hearts fan to be told that they can’t buy a Season Ticket because we’re playing a Glasgow team.

How would that work with regards to toilets, catering facilities, access and egress etc? 

33 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

If we have a waiting list people should get nothing for missing a game. 

Rewarding non attendance, so folk can hoard tickets for big games and have priority is ridiculous.

That's why Arsenal and the like have huge waiting lists with very few new ST holders per annum. Fans literally locked out by selfish arseholes. 

If you have a ST and can't go to games, tough titties. You should release your seat/s for sale because you are not an arsehole. 

If you miss so many games that it's an issue, perhaps a ST isn't for you. 

This want want want gimmie gimmie gimmie attitude is sickening. 

To the best of my knowledge Hearts have only asked ST holders not attending a match to release their ST once in recent years, a NY derby vs Hibs.

There are hundreds of Hearts fans that have STs (and have had them for years) and rarely use them. These fans buy STs because they are Hearts supporters, they don’t want anything in return and just want Hearts to do well.

I’d describe these supporters as unselfish and they should be respected and admired!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Nope.  The club earns **** all from away games.

Loyalty points are rewarding loyalty.

That comes from attending games home and AWAY.

This means the supporters get tickets for the games that matter most such as Away at Easter Road.

It's as simple as that.

And I say that as someone who has been FOH from the start .

And who doesn't attend as many away games as I used to.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

To the best of my knowledge Hearts have only asked ST holders not attending a match to release their ST once in recent years, a NY derby vs Hibs.

There are hundreds of Hearts fans that have STs (and have had them for years) and rarely use them. These fans buy STs because they are Hearts supporters, they don’t want anything in return and just want Hearts to do well.

I’d describe these supporters as unselfish and they should be respected and admired!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

The fans that have and rarely use have never been gnashing and wailing for a reward for not going.

They are happy enough to knowing they are in an extremely privileged position of being able to have a ST in the first instance. 

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Mitch, behave.

31 minutes ago, Ked said:

Loyalty points are rewarding loyalty.

That comes from attending games home and AWAY.

This means the supporters get tickets for the games that matter most such as Away at Easter Road.

It's as simple as that.

And I say that as someone who has been FOH from the start .

And who doesn't attend as many away games as I used to.

I'm in the same position as you and agree.

I just hope that the club come up with a simple system for releasing tickets if you can't make it. I won't be looking for anything back, just make it easy to do please.

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

How would that work with regards to toilets, catering facilities, access and egress etc? 

Easy peasy, pudding and pie. Slight alterations with vandal proof toilets just like the ones in the Appeal Cells in Parliament Square. 

ColinSmith1255
5 hours ago, Ked said:

I live in a village in Perthshire 65 miles from Tynecastle. I don’t know any other hearts fans locally. Most of my pals are Aberdeen fans as that is where I lived as boy. It is not easy for me to pass on my ticket to anyone else so the club offering a straightforward system for me to release it for resale when I can’t attend would be good. 

heartgarfunkel
11 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

I live in a village in Perthshire 65 miles from Tynecastle. I don’t know any other hearts fans locally. Most of my pals are Aberdeen fans as that is where I lived as boy. It is not easy for me to pass on my ticket to anyone else so the club offering a straightforward system for me to release it for resale when I can’t attend would be good. 

In a similar situation - always email the club in plenty of time if unable to attend, sometimes you get a response, sometimes you don’t. A system would be good. Not everyone stays in Edinburgh and sees fellow Hearts supporters to physically pass on the tickets. 

22games nro

What about a separate link on the website where you register your ticket for resale for a particular game you can’t use it, then maybe something along these lines below , it’s not prefect and no doubt there will be flaws, but worth discussing 

Thank you for allowing us to resell your ticket for game vs xxx 

Please tick preferred option from below 

• ☑️Please donate full ticket price back to the Club
  • ☑️Please add 50% of full ticket price as club shop voucher to my account 
  • ☑️Please add 25% of full ticket price as cash to my account

Percival King
4 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

What about a separate link on the website where you register your ticket for resale for a particular game you can’t use it, then maybe something along these lines below , it’s not prefect and no doubt there will be flaws, but worth discussing 

Excellent!!!!!

5 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I like that idea and it seems to cover all bases. The only point would be it only becomes applicable once a match has sold out 

22games nro
12 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I like that idea and it seems to cover all bases. The only point would be it only becomes applicable once a match has sold out 

Yep, somehow hearts would have to link an account for passing cash if that was the option taken by whoever is selling the ticket.
Also like the dot count we saw when buying season tickets could a separate page be linked showing the current tickets for a specific game that are being resold ? So anybody could check whatever games are coming up to see what tickets are being resold 

FarmerTweedy
47 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Would it be afFORDable to set up?

7 hours ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

And it's a great thing you in your remote village support Hearts .

But mate come on.

The club cannot accommodate every scenario.

Hands across mate from someone who lives in Gorgie .

We are all brothers

7 hours ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Similar situation for me - and the few local jambos I know all have season tickets too. 
surely if there’s an relatively simple and inexpensive way for the club to make more money on an occasionally unused season ticket  seat, it’s worth setting up as an option. Just make any incentive involved small enough that it makes it worthwhile for the club to administer?
I don’t really get why anyone would object. 

13 hours ago, Ked said:

You are completely ignoring the fact that with record ST sales most folks pals and family will already have STs. 

I am not giving my ST to non Hearts supporters family, friend, workmate or whatever. 

In the past I have given my ST back to the club when on holiday. 

Agree with the rest of your post. 

11 hours ago, 1953 said:

I just hope that the club come up with a simple system for releasing tickets if you can't make it. I won't be looking for anything back, just make it easy to do please.

Yeap. 

Something like login to e-tickets and tick a box to say you're not going and done. 

12 hours ago, Sarah O said:

The fans that have and rarely use have never been gnashing and wailing for a reward for not going.

They are happy enough to knowing they are in an extremely privileged position of being able to have a ST in the first instance. 

I have not seen any gnashing or wailing from fans over rewards just a discussion over the possibility since it happens else where

You have given valid concerns and made your opinion clear in opposition and that is fair enough but you do the fans who are more open to the idea a disservice to call them names and suggest they are greedy and or entitled 

Some fans have bought season tickets they know they can’t use as often as they would like when answering calls from the club when we were minutes from death they did so out of love for the club and wanting it to prosper not because they are selfish , things have changed now this season where for the first time there are more supporters wanting season tickets than tickets to sell ……….. if this happens again next season then perhaps it is time to think about whether or not to keep buying those tickets , they are certainly not fleecing any one though

I think the people described above are a small number though and the majority will just be regular fans who know they won’t make the game every fortnight but want to make sure they can get to the games when they can and this will be any thing from missing three home games to half due to work and other changeable aspects of their lives and routines but just like above these people have wanted to make sure Hearts for the money any way

There is no economical sense in paying hundreds of pounds for a season ticket to make a tiny cash back amount on resale so making it a tiny amount like two pound fifty would mean Hearts made more money and the season ticket holder received a small amount back towards a season ticket they are more likely to continue buying next season , all you would have to do is put a cap on the amount they could be refunded if day single cash back payments of two pound fifty but no more than twenty pound over all

Season ticket holder gets a small discount 

Supporter buying reopened seat gets to see a game

Club makes more money 

stadium stays more full for each game

I want the club to make as much money as possible so they need to have a SIMPLE method of putting ST seats up for resale, and the club have said they are looking at doing this. I'm away for a few months every season and I know my seat is empty a few times. Personally not bothered about getting some reward for a resale of my seat but, if it helps to get people to participate in a resale scheme, then so be it. 

His name is

It could be as simple as emailing the ticket office to inform them you can't go. TO release the seat on the system to be bought. TO send out a voucher to the ST holder if the seats sold. Voucher can be spent I'm shop or towards next seasons ST.

scott herbertson
57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have not seen any gnashing or wailing from fans over rewards just a discussion over the possibility since it happens else where

You have given valid concerns and made your opinion clear in opposition and that is fair enough but you do the fans who are more open to the idea a disservice to call them names and suggest they are greedy and or entitled 

Some fans have bought season tickets they know they can’t use as often as they would like when answering calls from the club when we were minutes from death they did so out of love for the club and wanting it to prosper not because they are selfish , things have changed now this season where for the first time there are more supporters wanting season tickets than tickets to sell ……….. if this happens again next season then perhaps it is time to think about whether or not to keep buying those tickets , they are certainly not fleecing any one though

I think the people described above are a small number though and the majority will just be regular fans who know they won’t make the game every fortnight but want to make sure they can get to the games when they can and this will be any thing from missing three home games to half due to work and other changeable aspects of their lives and routines but just like above these people have wanted to make sure Hearts for the money any way

There is no economical sense in paying hundreds of pounds for a season ticket to make a tiny cash back amount on resale so making it a tiny amount like two pound fifty would mean Hearts made more money and the season ticket holder received a small amount back towards a season ticket they are more likely to continue buying next season , all you would have to do is put a cap on the amount they could be refunded if day single cash back payments of two pound fifty but no more than twenty pound over all

Season ticket holder gets a small discount 

Supporter buying reopened seat gets to see a game

Club makes more money 

stadium stays more full for each game

That sounds fine to me. Though I'd go for 10% 0r 20%  of face value - so £3/6 for a £30 seat etc, and I do think you should only get the credit when your ticket is sold

Edited by scott herbertson

davemclaren
Just now, scott herbertson said:

That sounds fine to me. Though I'd go for 10% 0r 20%  of face value - so £3/6 for a £30 seat etc, and I do think you should only get the credit when your ticket is sold

I agree.  

Percival King
14 hours ago, Sarah O said:

I'm fortunate that I've been able to afford, or budget, to have a season ticket (which I've used) since the mid-eighties but no idea how I'm "extremely priviliged". I, and however many thousand like me, have given money to the club despite knowing that we could buy a walk-up ticket for every game, despite knowing that there would be few capacity crowds in a season.

And do you know what, when our fortunes fade again (which I hope they don't but history and experience tells us they probably will), we have few capacity crowds and don't sell out out our season tickets, I'll still pay my £450 a year whilst plenty of others will ditch their season ticket until we're on the crest of a wave again. 

Like many others, I'm not privileged, I'm loyal.

RedStarRiot
50 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Folk buying tickets who know they can't make every game (like me) shouldn't expect anything from resold tickets. Its been bought with no system in place to facilitate this so the expectation should be that they just suck it up.

If the club launch a ticket resale option then great, I'll use it and not expect a penny back as I'd rather it all went to the club. They just need to make it quick and easy for folk. 

I've no idea why folk expect streams, partial refunds, FOH rewards etc. Such entitled nonsense. I get we put a lot into the club via shirt sales, FOH contributions. Season tickets etc but we do it because we already get so much back just supporting the team. 

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Folk buying tickets who know they can't make every game (like me) shouldn't expect anything from resold tickets. Its been bought with no system in place to facilitate this so the expectation should be that they just suck it up.

If the club launch a ticket resale option then great, I'll use it and not expect a penny back as I'd rather it all went to the club. They just need to make it quick and easy for folk. 

I've no idea why folk expect streams, partial refunds, FOH rewards etc. Such entitled nonsense. I get we put a lot into the club via shirt sales, FOH contributions. Season tickets etc but we do it because we already get so much back just supporting the team. 

Personally I wouldn't bother with a partial refund either, but that's just me and some people are right at their limits in buying a season ticket. Don't have a problem if the club is making extra money for them to get a wee bit back. 

Percival King
13 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Maybe they shouldn't expect anything and maybe they should just suck it up but if there's no incentive to ask the club to resell their ticket for a sold out match then it's a undeniable fact that some season ticket holders who can't attend will just do nothing and not release the ticket back to the club and walk-ups could miss out on the game.

Surely its better just to recognise that, as not everyone feels the same way as you, and be pragmatic and introduce a scheme which benefits all parties - the club, season ticket holders and walkups 

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Makes sense 

RedStarRiot
3 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Maybe they shouldn't expect anything and maybe they should just suck it up but if there's no incentive to ask the club to resell their ticket for a sold out match then it's a undeniable fact that some season ticket holders who can't attend will just do nothing and not release the ticket back to the club and walk-ups could miss out on the game.

Surely its better just to recognise that, as not everyone feels the same way as you, and be pragmatic and introduce a scheme which benefits all parties - the club, season ticket holders and walkups 

This is why it needs to be made easy to release the ticket. 

Tbh I get not everybody feels the same way but if they are buying a season ticket with the understanding that they can't make every game then they should put a bit more effort in to help the club. 

Regardless I'm sure the club will do something to compensate the entitled. 

Dean Winchester
30 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

This option has been available for years. You just email the club and they'll release it for sale.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The club is crawling with IT expertise and links.

It should be easy to set up a page on the website that makes it easy for fans to put a seat for sale with the money going wherever decided.

Easy also to build in options of where the money goes depending on a person’s circumstances.

There is discussion about the club offering streams to those who release their ticket.  I'm pretty sure that this is not something the club has power to do post-Covid as streams to UK residents was a temporary measure that won't be available next season (unless we have another lockdown).

Sky allowed us to do that as an "act of goodwill" during the pandemic and now its gone.

Edited by frankblack

RedStarRiot
1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

This option has been available for years. You just email the club and they'll release it for sale.

Then based on this thread its not very well publicised and still requires more effort in simplifying it to ensure its widely used. Ideally just an option on the etickets site.

Edited by RedStarRiot

RedStarRiot
57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There is discussion about the club offering streams to those who release their ticket.  I'm pretty sure that this is not something the club has power to do post-Covid as streams to UK residents was a temporary measure that won't be available next season (unless we have another lockdown).

Sky allowed us to do that as an "act of goodwill" during the pandemic and now its gone.

Aye, no chance this will still be an option. 

I would be happy to donate my ticket for the odd game if for some reason I can’t make it. I want Hearts to get as much money as possible and don’t want to take anything from the club. 

7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I would be happy to donate my ticket for the odd game if for some reason I can’t make it. I want Hearts to get as much money as possible and don’t want to take anything from the club. 

You can do this already 

RedStarRiot
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You can do this already 

I think the issue is that it's obviously not well known and emailing them to advise this is all well and good but there should be a self service option to reduce effort on club admin and the supporter. 

3 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

I think the issue is that it's obviously not well known and emailing them to advise this is all well and good but there should be a self service option to reduce effort on club admin and the supporter. 

I have used it in the past when my mate or Dad was unable to take my season ticket and I actually just used to phone them up it was really simple may be it is more difficult and they insist on email now but I would be surprised if so