Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the club’s motive is to have guaranteed income over the season. I don’t see that as greed. If, and when, we hit a slump walk ups tend to quickly vanish into the ether. 

Which is absolutely fair enough. Cash in while we can. If we can sell another section to season ticket holders fair enough but do it by reducing the away allocation to the absolute minimum and leaving maximum balance of seats for those loyal and future fans who can only go on a game by game basis.

If I can't take my grandson to Tynecastle there's every chance he'll find other things to do. A lost future fan and also lost future income. 

It's a tough balance.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
Just now, stuart500 said:

Which is absolutely fair enough. Cash in while we can. If we can sell another section to season ticket holders fair enough but do it by reducing the away allocation to the absolute minimum and leaving maximum balance of seats for those loyal and future fans who can only go on a game by game basis.

If I can't take my grandson to Tynecastle there's every chance he'll find other things to do. A lost future fan and also lost future income. 

It's a tough balance.

I agree it’s a tough balance. 

22 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Lol.

That's actually hilarious. Like proper side splitting hilarious :rofl:

Someone was moaning it will be the same people going.  Same people who paid their money 🙄

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

I’ll be on holiday so can’t make County game. Adult and U13 seats in section G. Let me know if your interested. No need for a young lad to miss out. 

👏👏

46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t you need to entice people that want to buy season tickets now so as not to dissuade them from coming?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 😎

We need to get the balance right and look after both our category of fans ST holders and walk ups. 

I think the first thing we need to do is sort out the (gentleman's ) agreement with Hibs. It's outdated for us now. 

If we had cut their allocation we could have sold every Hearts fan a full season ticket and would also had a few more walk up tickets available. 

Oh and for the fans who want tickets for Easter Road, I don't think Hibs are in a position to be afford to cut our allocation 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Jambos dad said:

We need to get the balance right and look after both our category of fans ST holders and walk ups. 

I think the first thing we need to do is sort out the (gentleman's ) agreement with Hibs. It's outdated for us now. 

If we had cut their allocation we could have sold every Hearts fan a full season ticket and would also had a few more walk up tickets available. 

Oh and for the fans who want tickets for Easter Road, I don't think Hibs are in a position to be afford to cut our allocation 

Personally I think we have got the balance right. Try and buy a walk up ticket for the biggest and most successful clubs in England. 

33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

yep

Yep.  People applauding Hearts for selling all their season tickets is all very well but what about the flexible supporters who cant make every game for a variety of reasons. Im really disappointed that Hearts have did this to be honest.  Strikes more of greed than considering all of the fans differing needs. 

It would be madness… Every fan wants to team to do the best it can. That means maximising the clubs revenue.  Priority has to be for fans who are willing to buy a season ticket. It sounds like a small number of tickets are being kept back for general sale, so if you act quickly you might get a ticket.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It would be madness… Every fan wants to team to do the best it can. That means maximising the clubs revenue.  Priority has to be for fans who are willing to buy a season ticket. It sounds like a small number of tickets are being kept back for general sale, so if you act quickly you might get a ticket.

Im not buying a season ticket. Ill chance my luck with walk ups. never had problems before but then again there were more free seats then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Viagogo required I think, put your ticket on there more than 3 times, then you go to back of queue. Probably too much admin, sympathy for those who cant or impractical to buy one, some sort of resale from existing ST holders could be mutually beneficial to fans

18 minutes ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

I’ll be on holiday so can’t make County game. Adult and U13 seats in section G. Let me know if your interested. No need for a young lad to miss out. 

That's absolutely great Rudi, thank you. Perhaps if I PM you nearer the time we can sort something out. I'm more than happy to reimburse you in full. The wee lad will be thrilled.

39 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Im not buying a season ticket. Ill chance my luck with walk ups. never had problems before but then again there were more free seats then.

Ya beauty...:jambobanana:...😁

Rudi Hates Hibees
44 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

That's absolutely great Rudi, thank you. Perhaps if I PM you nearer the time we can sort something out. I'm more than happy to reimburse you in full. The wee lad will be thrilled.

Drop me a PM mate and I’ll contact the club closer to the time to have reprints ready for collection for you. Not looking for any money, just happy to pass on the seats to someone. Hope you and the grandson have a great day out. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

yep

Yep.  People applauding Hearts for selling all their season tickets is all very well but what about the flexible supporters who cant make every game for a variety of reasons. Im really disappointed that Hearts have did this to be honest.  Strikes more of greed than considering all of the fans differing needs. 

That post is up there with the worst ever ...

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Put your name on the waiting list. 

People on the waiting list should get priority in buying spare seats. 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Viagogo required I think, put your ticket on there more than 3 times, then you go to back of queue. Probably too much admin, sympathy for those who cant or impractical to buy one, some sort of resale from existing ST holders could be mutually beneficial to fans

Viagogo are absolute scum. A connection with twickets would be much better. You’re not allowed to sell it for more than face value on twickets.

ideally we would keep it internal though. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thanks for the info. Ill go into the office and ask them about this. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Viagogo are absolute scum. A connection with twickets would be much better. You’re not allowed to sell it for more than face value on twickets.

ideally we would keep it internal though. 

Yeah, the concept rather than the company, resale for face value

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Will they?

Leicester City have introduced a resale platform (following testing in 2021/22)

it opens on a match to match basis as walk up tickets are nearing a sell out.

If a supporter purchases your seat for the game, you’ll receive 1/19th of the cost of the Season Ticket back (based on ST giving entry to 19 league games)

Simple process and fully automated. Seat goes in sale immediately. Cash returned in a few days. No sale no cash. Capped at 3 games per season.

There will be no "walk ups" as such. Hopefully those days are gone.

I'd imagine a date will be set for non season ticket holders to get a ticket a month or so before the game is due to be played and those available will be snapped up immediately if things are going well.

A few are in for a shock if the think they can make their minds up to go at noon in the boozer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Leicester City have introduced a resale platform (following testing in 2021/22)

it opens on a match to match basis as walk up tickets are nearing a sell out.

If a supporter purchases your seat for the game, you’ll receive 1/19th of the cost of the Season Ticket back (based on ST giving entry to 19 league games)

Simple process and fully automated. Seat goes in sale immediately. Cash returned in a few days. No sale no cash. Capped at 3 games per season.

Amazing, just what I suggested earlier, 1k not used as someone else suggested, opens the doors for others whilst benefitting those that cant make every game, and preventing scamming all in one package

53 minutes ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

Drop me a PM mate and I’ll contact the club closer to the time to have reprints ready for collection for you. Not looking for any money, just happy to pass on the seats to someone. Hope you and the grandson have a great day out. 

Will do. That's very kind of you. Cheers again.

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

It's a tough balance.

In my situation it doesn't make sense to buy season tickets when I can only get back for 5 or 6 home games a season. Somewhere between 7 and 9 of us who go together are in the same boat.

I paid into the New 500 Club, had a season ticket in the past and am a FOH contributor so I'm not going to disappear into the ether.  I'll be hoping to attend the same number of games a season no matter how Hearts are doing. If there isn't a reasonable chance of me getting tickets, over time, I'll be less likely to keep trying.

It's great we have so many season tickets holders but I agree that we should prioritise our own single game purchasers over away fans. It wouldn't be a great message if I couldn't go to a game because Hearts had chosen to give Rangers and Celtic fans two sections rather than finding a way to manage them in just one.

Edited by JayTeeJnr

I don't think a person should get anything back for non attendance. Maybe a free stream of Hearts TV but that's it. 

We could get to a situation where folk almost hoard ST's to make sure they get tickets for the big games, leaving someone else ticketless who has been a walk up to more matches than the ST holder has attended. 

That's not loyalty, that's just having cash to afford a ST. 

Rudi Hates Hibees
6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I don't think a person should get anything back for non attendance. Maybe a free stream of Hearts TV but that's it. 

We could get to a situation where folk almost hoard ST's to make sure they get tickets for the big games, leaving someone else ticketless who has been a walk up to more matches than the ST holder has attended. 

I agree. Having free access to a stream for the game is more than enough. 

56 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I hope they don't get priority as the list will be full of chances who have no intention of buying a season ticket. 

11 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

That's a good point. I have a few Arsenal supporting friends and one is a long time season ticket holder. She used to go to games regularly but hasn't done for a few years. She still buys the season ticket but sells the tickets back so doesn't lose out much financially. It even gave her the opportunity to get an FA Cup Final ticket a few years ago.

Edited by JayTeeJnr

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

I hope they don't get priority as the list will be full of chances who have no intention of buying a season ticket. 

Never thought of that 😔

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

I had a season ticket for 45 consecutive seasons. Due to family reasons and moving house I haven't had one for the last 4 seasons. 

I am therefore a walk-up. I go to every game I can. My grandson after much work to convince him has now become a Jambo. I have promised him that I will take him to the Ross County game and to as many games as I can get to next season. 

I have paid into both 500 clubs, bought club shares and Vlad shares and contributed to FoH since outset. All done for the love of the club.

I hope Hearts remember both the loyal fan base and new fan base need to be considered carefully. Do myself and my grandson deserve the chance of a walk-up seat more than some Old Firm apologist? Of course we do. 

Cut the allocation of all teams to one section of the Roseburn. Create a new toilet and kiosk space outside the stand away from the concourse. They are there to be tolerated not to be pandered to.

Anyway well done to everyone who has invested in a season ticket. Fantastic numbers. But please let's not cut off other genuine Jambos.

I am a season ticket holder but will likely miss some games due to work commitments etc. Making my seat available will surely mean the club gets more money and "walk ups" get a chance to support the team. Win win. As long as there is a smooth system in place to free up seats I imagine there will be some tickets available if you are quick off the mark. 

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Anyone else not had the loyalty points from the season ticket added to their account? 

Nope just checked my account and i have 55 loyalty points. I take it that is what you get for renewing/buying a ST.??  

Will be attending lots of away games too. I love away games..  FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Putting your seat up for resale needs an incentive or nobody will do it, not a chance.

Put your seat up for sale and receive 10% credit to be used next season when you purchase your seat again. Easy peasy.

Or a wee discount for away tickets if you attend them.

17 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Nope just checked my account and i have 55 loyalty points. I take it that is what you get for renewing/buying a ST.??  

Will be attending lots of away games too. I love away games..  FTH.

20 points for a season ticket. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

20 points for a season ticket. 

So how come i have 55 then???

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So how come i have 55 then???

LPs get removed on a rolling basis so maybe you still have 20 from last season's ST and you bought a couple of cup / away tickets ?

Edited by iainmac

maroonlegions
22 minutes ago, iainmac said:

LPs get removed on a rolling basis so maybe you still have 20 from last season's ST and you bought a couple of cup / away tickets ?

OK will check my account daily.

42 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Or a wee discount for away tickets if you attend them.

No. Away tickets sales should never interfere with club systems. 

Selling them for other clubs is more than enough.

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

yep

😂😂 club cashing in on money rather than waiting on someone’s money who will turn up as and when is far better in my books 😂

MR INCREDIBLE
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Only a free stream if their ticket is sold on .

The free stream is what caused gaps all over the stadium last year.!

davemclaren
1 hour ago, JayTeeJnr said:

In my situation it doesn't make sense to buy season tickets when I can only get back for 5 or 6 home games a season. Somewhere between 7 and 9 of us who go together are in the same boat.

I paid into the New 500 Club, had a season ticket in the past and am a FOH contributor so I'm not going to disappear into the ether.  I'll be hoping to attend the same number of games a season no matter how Hearts are doing. If there isn't a reasonable chance of me getting tickets, over time, I'll be less likely to keep trying.

It's great we have so many season tickets holders but I agree that we should prioritise our own single game purchasers over away fans. It wouldn't be a great message if I couldn't go to a game because Hearts had chosen to give Rangers and Celtic fans two sections rather than finding a way to manage them in just one.

I agree that we should prioritise our own supporters over away fans. 

maroonlegions
33 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No. Away tickets sales should never interfere with club systems. 

Selling them for other clubs is more than enough.

Might encourage more fans to attend away games.

Still get a cut of away day tickets??

I do not see people spending hundreds of pounds on season tickets to sell individual games to other supporters for two pound fifty a pop to be honest

maroonlegions
25 minutes ago, Bing1874 said:

😂😂 club cashing in on money rather than waiting on someone’s money who will turn up as and when is far better in my books 😂

Yip. Seems the green eyed monster of us selling out STs is pissing them off over on Hibsedit.vet.

maroonlegions
Just now, Sooks said:

I do not see people spending hundreds of pounds on season tickets to sell individual games to other supporters for two pound fifty a pop to be honest

Yip.  This frenzy of , "what aboot me, i am a walk up kindae fan"..  Toughf..    

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I miss first 2 home games of season and I'm not fussed if the club makes all the money for a resale. I would happily settle for 5 loyalty points added per game missed. 

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Does the club make the rest and if so sound with me

I may add,ive handed my card out to Hearts supporters before, decent games i couldnt attend and asked for nothing

2/3 were as far as im concerned were ungrateful to say the least

If i cant make games happy for someone else to get my seat and for no charge