Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I miss first 2 home games of season and I'm not fussed if the club makes all the money for a resale. I would happily settle for 5 loyalty points added per game missed. 

Good for you and in my opinion very commendable but I would definitely take up the option of a small discount on next seasons ticket

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SCFHearts said:

Does the club make the rest and if so sound with me

I may add,ive handed my card out to Hearts supporters before, decent games i couldnt attend and asked for nothing

2/3 were as far as im concerned were ungrateful to say the least

If i cant make games happy for someone else to get my seat and for no charge 

It would in my hypothetical scenario yes 

44 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I miss first 2 home games of season and I'm not fussed if the club makes all the money for a resale. I would happily settle for 5 loyalty points added per game missed. 

*5 Loyalty Points* per missed game. 

Miss the whole season and end up with 70 (or there avoirs) loyalty points :gok:

bobby bombscare

I know it's not really what this thread is about but I'd just like to point out how good a problem this is for the club. Considering that a couple seasons ago I was sitting in a 3/4 full tyncastle watching a bottom of the league team put in a bottom of the league performance in a crowd that was screaming for CL to be removed. I'm chuffed that just a few seasons later we are talking about not physically being able to get all the fans in the door! 

Good times ahead for ourclub I think 😁

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Getting extra loyalty points for missing games. That would be a bold move by the club.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Getting extra loyalty points for missing games. That would be a bold move by the club.

Especially 5 per game when you only get 20 for buying a season ticket. 

Regarding re selling season tickets seats for fans that can't attend,  how about half the money goes to the club and the other half to the FOH and the sellers get the bonus if being paid up members of the FOH if they aren't already,  might encourage to pledge as well if they aren't already  

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Loyalty points for not going !!!!!

:rofl:

TBF there are some you would reward for NOT going, I feel like giving a couple next to me money to go to the pictures instead of criticising everyone in maroon.😐

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Seen it suggested on here many times. Absolutely bizarre (and I say that as someone who will miss many games despite having a season ticket).

Imagine it comes to away derbies etc. and priority is given to those who attended the least games.

20 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

TBF there are some you would reward for NOT going, I feel like giving a couple next to me money to go to the pictures instead of criticising everyone in maroon.😐

Unfortunately that's a criticism that every sane individual has, no matter where you sit in the stadium.

I mock them relentlessly until they change seats. Its the only way.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

*5 Loyalty Points* per missed game. 

Miss the whole season and end up with 70 (or there avoirs) loyalty points :gok:

We should all get 5 loyalty points for having to read their constant drivel on here. 

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

It happens already.

The amount of folk that pass on their customer reference numbers to other folk when they cant make a big away game. But I do agree you should only get loyalty points for attending games.

My mate 'bought' a ticket on Wednesday night however accidentally chose the Finance option, which he didn't want. Transaction was confirmed etc and still showing in his account this morning (presumably awaiting the credit forms to be returned), however the ticket has now gone. What an idiot. 🤣🤣

sandylejambo

If the club manages to sell your ticket, it would be a decent gesture to knock a fiver of your season ticket next time, win win.

4 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Might encourage more fans to attend away games.

Still get a cut of away day tickets??

I don't think the away team has had a cut of the ticket sales for a league game for donkey's years.

Percival King
5 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And that's great and you won't be the only one who feels that way but obviously not everyone will feel the same.

Recognising that, and being  pragmatic, there's perhaps a need for a system to encourage folk to release their ticket if they can't make it, something which rewards the season ticket holder, doesn't cost the club and realistically also rewards the club. I'm assuming this hasn't happened in the past because walk-up tickets were usually available and there was therefore little incentive for the club to have such a resale system.

As a bit of an aside, it was always a bit irritating when buying hospitality that I'm buying two tickets for one match.

How about if you return your seat for a match, and it is re-sold, the appropriate ST holders are entered into a prize draw to win a pencil and a pat on the back to say how much of a PHM they are? 

A tangible reward and the feeling of immense superiority. 

Win win.

merseyjambo

Everton have an easy way of doing it.

You can’t go, you put the seat up for sale via website. If someone purchases the ticket, you get a monetary credit to your supporter account which can be used to purchase tickets for cup ties or against next years season ticket. 

Ticket is sold for face value and those who have memberships get first priority to purchase. 

Not particularly bothered about any kind of reward myself but a voucher to spend on catering, hospitality or shop might be acceptable. 

I think it's important that any system set up is quick and easy for people to access. 

22 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not many folk that will bump friends or family for 1LP I don't imagine?

Fair point. For me I'm looking at almost half the games so makes sense, as long as someone is in the seat thats all that really matters  

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

yep

Yep.  People applauding Hearts for selling all their season tickets is all very well but what about the flexible supporters who cant make every game for a variety of reasons. Im really disappointed that Hearts have did this to be honest.  Strikes more of greed than considering all of the fans differing needs. 

Arsenal have something like a ten year waiting list for ST tickets but still leave walk up tickets available for "red members" who pay £34 a season for priority access to these tickets and to released season ticket seats. As well as other benefits including discounts on merchandise. 

Combined with a generous financial incentive for ST holders to release their seat in the form of a discount to next year's ST  if the seat is sold this means walk ups are available for those who move  quickly when the seats go on sale a few weeks before each game.

Moaning about ST holders not releasing their seat doesn't seem to be the answer. This thread has almost made me feel guilty about buying an  ST for the last 18 years while attending much less than half the games. Although very few games sold out during those years and walk ups were always available if you moved quickly.

The club needs to use a bit of imagination (or follow others examples) both to maximise revenue and allow for growth on the fan base.

Francis Albert

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Everton have an easy way of doing it.

You can’t go, you put the seat up for sale via website. If someone purchases the ticket, you get a monetary credit to your supporter account which can be used to purchase tickets for cup ties or against next years season ticket. 

Ticket is sold for face value and those who have memberships get first priority to purchase. 

Read after I posted about Arsenal's scheme. This sounds very similar  - as they say it's not rocket science!

(Even then there were always lots of empty ST seats at the Emirates for the lesser games)

Edited by Francis Albert

Chaka Demus & pliers
12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

My mate 'bought' a ticket on Wednesday night however accidentally chose the Finance option, which he didn't want. Transaction was confirmed etc and still showing in his account this morning (presumably awaiting the credit forms to be returned), however the ticket has now gone. What an idiot. 🤣🤣

Surely the seat is held for him?

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Arsenal have something like a ten year waiting list for ST tickets but still leave walk up tickets available for "red members" who pay £34 a season for priority access to these tickets and to released season ticket seats. As well as other benefits including discounts on merchandise. 

Combined with a generous financial incentive for ST holders to release their seat in the form of a discount to next year's ST  if the seat is sold this means walk ups are available for those who move  quickly when the seats go on sale a few weeks before each game.

Moaning about ST holders not releasing their seat doesn't seem to be the answer. This thread has almost made me feel guilty about buying an  ST for the last 18 years while attending much less than half the games. Although very few games sold out during those years and walk ups were always available if you moved quickly.

The club needs to use a bit of imagination (or follow others examples) both to maximise revenue and allow for growth on the fan base.

Using a club with a 63k stadium and an income of somewhere in the region of £300m plus every season, not forgetting its about a bag of sand for the cheapest seat is not really an example we can realistically follow.

Feeling guilty for buying a season ticket, really . . Aye right  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Using a club with a 63k stadium and an income of somewhere in the region of £300m plus every season, not forgetting its about a bag of sand for the cheapest seat is not really an example we can realistically follow.

Feeling guilty for buying a season ticket, really . . Aye right  🤣🤣🤣🤣

I really  don't understand what is different except  for scale. The same principles apply. In fact a relatively small and poor club surely has more incentive to maximise revenue and grow its fan base?

Any credit should  reduce the cost of next year's season ticket. This will help retain the record high numbers of season ticket holders.

This could be a nice little earner for Hearts. However the incentive has to be at a high enough level to create interest and encourage maximum fan engagement.

I understand most of us on here don't want a penny from the club returned, but this incentive is targeted towards those that may not be regular season ticket buyers.

Now that we have record season ticket sales it should be all about ensuring we retain those numbers. 

Edited by Nobreath

Mr Elwood P
59 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Fair point. For me I'm looking at almost half the games so makes sense, as long as someone is in the seat thats all that really matters  

Feel for someone like yourself a 50% split with the club on re-sale would be fair. The club gets extra and you're not left too out of pocket. I've my old man and a few good mates that don't have season tickets now so tend to just pass them on.

It's good there is talk of some kind of credit and the club, no doubt, will be looking at it, but let's be honest here, a lot of people will give their ticket to family or mates if they can't make it. It's been happening for years and will continue this season. 

It will get some in a lather but that's the truth of the matter.

No big deal for me really. The club already have the money for the seat but if some give it back for resale if they can't make it, then fair enough.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's good there is talk of some kind of credit and the club, no doubt, will be looking at it, but let's be honest here, a lot of people will give their ticket to family or mates if they can't make it. It's been happening for years and will continue this season. 

No big deal for me really. The club already have the money for the seat but if some give it back for resale if they can't make it, then fair enough.

If you've paid for the season ticket and want to pass it on for free to you friends or family I don't think anyone should be critical of that. I think just leaving the seat empty for game after game is poor though.

21 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Too late unfortunately. I had no idea we would be selling season tickets in the Roseburn. I will probably contact the ticket office to see when the match day tickets will be online. 

If I'm too late it might be hospitality. Hope he enjoys lager or I may just have to drink his... (not serious comment before the polis come to my door! 😁)

I am almost 100% sure that during the course of the season my partner will be busy and wont make some of the games - and if this is the case you'll be first to know 👍 hope you and the wee man can get to the County game.

This is my first season as a ST holder purely only viable due to the Roseburn offer - I know where you are coming from it is frustrating when you don't have the title of ST holder and your trying to justify your position.

1 hour ago, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Surely the seat is held for him?

He's emailed the TO to find out. It was definitely still in the basket Friday morning but had gone by teatime. 

🤷‍♂️😁

It is fairly obvious from the broad church of views on this topic that Hearts should formulate a "cocktail" or menu of options which should be easy to understand and equally easy to administer. IMO there needs to be a conversation between supporters (perhaps the Foundation) and the Administration to create such an innovation for Hearts going forward

Mr Elwood P
55 minutes ago, TWF said:

It is fairly obvious from the broad church of views on this topic that Hearts should formulate a "cocktail" or menu of options which should be easy to understand and equally easy to administer. IMO there needs to be a conversation between supporters (perhaps the Foundation) and the Administration to create such an innovation for Hearts going forward

No. One system that is very easy to use.

tartofmidlothian
18 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

18 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

18 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Seen it suggested on here many times. Absolutely bizarre (and I say that as someone who will miss many games despite having a season ticket).

Imagine it comes to away derbies etc. and priority is given to those who attended the least games.

The LP for informing the club you can't go idea isn't a bad one. Anyone bothering their arse to make a phone call or go online so the club can make an extra £25 on the day is being loyal to Hearts, many more won't bother if there's nothing in it for them. 5LP is steep though, 1LP is fine. Besides, most of us with a decent LP score didn't get a sniff of Cup Final tickets once the ST holders had bought their mates one anyway.

Not a big fan of giving discounts on next year's season tickets for it though, that ST income is what funds our player budgets for the next year, it's no bonus for the fans to have less money to fund what we see on the pitch. The best way to guarantee a sell-out next summer is to be as successful as we were last season. The best way to repay fans for returning STs for a match is to split the resale cash 50/50 with the club, with the option to donate it to FOH instead. If that's too much hassle in terms of sorting out tax, then 1LP or a £5 store voucher instead.

Sorry but there should never be LPs given for not attending a game. For so many reasons.  There would be uproar and rightly so. I maybe go to 8-10 away league games a season and some of these you have to buy direct from the away club so don’t get any LPs. Yet some think if they miss a league game they should get up to 5 ?

My take  is if anyone can’t make a home league game either pass it on to someone or let the club know and they can re-sell. I wouldn’t in all honesty expect any money for it I’d just be glad it helps someone attend and make the club some extra revenue.

4 hours ago, Boab said:

Lets be honest, with the amount of empty seats last season, even at 'sold out' matches not that many seem to pass them on or inform the club. Maybe a small financial incentive will encourage those that don't. 

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Lets be honest, with the amount of empty seats last season, even at 'sold out' matches not that many seem to pass them on or inform the club. Maybe a small financial incentive will encourage those that don't. 

i would say making it easier to do would be a massive help

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

It only works for sell out matches. I missed quite a few last year and mostly my ticket was taken. If they had been handed back tot he club, with a financial incentive to me if it was sold, then the club would not have sold it until all other seats were sold out 9as they make more for them). As long as people re happy that that's the deal, then I think vouchers for the club shop/ towards non-ST ticket purchases are a good idea. I would say 20% of ST match price IF the seat is sold. Added to a 'rewards account'. Could also use a 'rewards' card at the food stalls?

3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

there was the live feed option to stay at home and that’s not available now.  I did that a couple of times as I live 50 miles away from Tynecastle and there was train strikes. Now I would drive as the options gone. I’d guess quite a few would be similar ? Maybe

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

there was the live feed option to stay at home and that’s not available now.  I did that a couple of times as I live 50 miles away from Tynecastle and there was train strikes. Now I would drive as the options gone. I’d guess quite a few would be similar ? Maybe

If your ticket was used by a friend or returned would you have lost the live stream? 

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

If your ticket was used by a friend or returned would you have lost the live stream? 

i dont think so 

4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I’m not sure but would doubt it

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m not sure but would doubt it

So no reason not to tell the club they could re-sell your seat. 

23 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

So no reason not to tell the club they could re-sell your seat. 

Going forward this season that’s what they appear to be proposing which is great

22 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Going forward this season that’s what they appear to be proposing which is great

You have been able to tell the club you can't make the match so they can re-sell your seat for years!

19 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Not sure I follow you here but if it helps, the ticket is his. Assuming I've read that right.

I bought mines using finance option but never realised it wasn't interest free as it had been in previous years. I contacted the club and asked if I could have it cancelled so I could buy using my debit card instead. They were able to cancel it and then automatically reserve it to my account. 

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not sure I follow you here but if it helps, the ticket is his. Assuming I've read that right.

I bought mines using finance option but never realised it wasn't interest free as it had been in previous years. I contacted the club and asked if I could have it cancelled so I could buy using my debit card instead. They were able to cancel it and then automatically reserve it to my account. 

Yeah, it's cool. Got it all sorted this morning.

Because it hadn't been paid for the ticket was removed from the basket, however after he emailed the TO they put it back so all good. 

Mr Elwood P
23 minutes ago, TWF said:

Do you mean one system with a menu of options?

No. Keep it simple as possible.