Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Plenty people do it without an 'incentive'.

Some of us care about others and the club. 

I care about others and the club but a small discount on next seasons ticket with the cost of living being what it is would be welcome especially since it would still make the club more mo eh over all

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I care about others and the club but a small discount on next seasons ticket with the cost of living being what it is would be welcome especially since it would still make the club more mo eh over all

more money I meant 

dunno if its been suggested, what if you give your seat to club to sell, and you then receive a £10 voucher to spend in club shop. all monies stay in club. 

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

There's a number of games I won't be able to make this year, would normally just hand my ticket to family/ friends for nothing. But if the club created an alternative option I'd be inclined to use it, doesn't need to be financial gain. Someone suggested 1 LP per game where ticket was handed back, this would be worth it for me whilst not costing the club money. Although it does seem a bit backwards getting a LP for not attending 🤔  

Not many folk that will bump friends or family for 1LP I don't imagine?

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

1 section been done before. Get K on sale and leave L for walk ups. 1 section for all the other teams.EEE775FF-BC42-44E1-A4F3-E823F9843FBE.thumb.jpeg.e4c8e67c2d7d11aa4dce91111b22a741.jpeg

Seeing entitled old firm fans squeezed into that corner will be very pleasing

Doing to seat buy back thing should happen but its a difficult balance of making it easy to do and not being too generous so that thousands end up doing it each match. Don't want to create a situation where tickets become too easy to get (possible impact on next season's St's) or its too much of a ballache to put yours back up for sale. 

Fairly confident the club will get the balance right though. I guess 20% of the resale price or thereabouts might do the trick. 

Edited by Poseidon

25 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Fairly confident the club will get the balance right though. I guess 20% of the resale price or thereabouts might do the trick. 

What if you return your seat for sale and it isn't purchased?

I prefer the idea of loyalty points.

3 minutes ago, smallfaces said:

I would expect that you would only get the payment option when the seat is purchased.

The Real Maroonblood

A lot of good points about reselling your ticket.

I suppose there would have to be a reasonable advance time warning if you are not going to use your ST.

There must be quite a lot who decide at the last minute not to go.

Like being in the pub.🍺🍺🍺

kingantti1874

As someone pointed out earlier.

arsenal run the sell back scheme and 90% of the ticket value goes back to the supporter as credit towards next years season ticket.

If the seat sells not only do the club benefit from more bums physically on seats, and increased match day sales, they get a small financial bump but most importantly that will protect future renewals for ST holders who can’t make every game guaranteeing your revenue streams .

now I’d be happy to let the club take slightly more than 10%.  Say 25% .. 

but credit towards next year is a no brainer 

14 minutes ago, smallfaces said:

Then you don't get the money and hearts could inform you say 24hours before that it hadn't sold and you could give it away to someone for that game 

I got a season ticket and will be lucky to make it to half the games as I live in London. Personally, I wouldn't expect any incentive to make my seat available when I'm not attending. I chose to buy a season ticket and pay the money for it, if I can't make it then why should I get anything back from the club?

Also, the idea of getting loyalty points for not attending seems crazy to me. I've already got 20 points for buying a season ticket, why should I get more for any mafch I don't go to whilst season ticket holders going to every match only get 20?

Hearts are rampant

It’s great so many season tickets have been sold.

It’s not just the huge financial aspect, it’s also the boost that gives to the team on the park and obviously impact on the opposition too.

That’s why the club have to be careful re currently looking into what they can do for those games where season ticket holders unable to attend, give ticket back to the club etc.

On the one hand anything they do would need to be simple and straightforward for the club to administer, but also for supporters to do given not everyone can use online easily etc.

There are also so many other scenarios-what about those that return their ticket to club to sell but suddenly they can go after all (work shifts changed or whatever) then suddenly they want their ticket back.

I am certainly not sure loyalty points are a solution. Why reward non attendance? Some people also may also just want points if saves them travelling for a midweek game in winter when it’s chucking it down.

I also don’t think a flat rate amount is fair eg if the club give season ticket holders who return their ticket to club to sell then why should someone selling a gold ticket get same amount as someone selling in bronze, why should someone selling a ticket v Ross County get same amount as someone selling v Category A opponent. A percentage would therefore seem to be best option. Even then, it would only be paid/credited to the following seasons season ticket cost, if Hearts actually sold the ticket.

2 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

so someone puts their seat up for sale once and it sells for £25.

they then get 10% of their £450 season ticket for next year - £45 off next year.

net loss for the club £20…I though it was a way to make money!? Easy peasy!

10% off the price of the ticket value that resold, nothing if the ticket isn't resold.

2 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Not true, lots of posters have allowed the club to resell their tickets with no compensation. I paid full price for last year's ST, when I could have had a discount. Lots of generous donations with tickets and other initiatives for the benefit of the club and or others from the fan base. FoH is an other example.

Lots of posters might mean 20 supporters, might mean 50, still not the numbers that we need. You want the vast majority of supporters that can't turn up for whatever reason, making their seat available. Incentivising it will keep everyone happy and not just super uber posters like yourself.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree - it is important to incentivise it.  Why - it will mean people will renew year on year. People who will miss a few games will have no doubt about renewing.

A value should be credited towards next years ST. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Totally this is the way to go club makes more money , supporter gets a nice wee discount for their next season ticket and the ground stays more full on match days

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Plenty people do it without an 'incentive'.

Some of us care about others and the club. 

Plenty is insignificant, you need the vast majority. Then everyone benefits.

Just now, Stanley_ said:

I got a season ticket and will be lucky to make it to half the games as I live in London. Personally, I wouldn't expect any incentive to make my seat available when I'm not attending. I chose to buy a season ticket and pay the money for it, if I can't make it then why should I get anything back from the club?

Also, the idea of getting loyalty points for not attending seems crazy to me. I've already got 20 points for buying a season ticket, why should I get more for any mafch I don't go to whilst season ticket holders going to every match only get 20?

If you give it back to Hearts to sell again then personally I would feel entitled to some of the money. 

Agreed on no LPs, that makes no sense to me

I suppose whether some want money back for a resold seat will depend on personal financial circumstances too. I would fancy some money back personally because I am not particularly well off right now but someone who has money to burn would probably be happy seeing Hearts get all the extra cash. 

Just proves how difficult it is to implement a system that will suit everyone. 

Stewie Griffin
3 minutes ago, Hearts are rampant said:

It’s great so many season tickets have been sold.

It’s not just the huge financial aspect, it’s also the boost that gives to the team on the park and obviously impact on the opposition too.

That’s why the club have to be careful re currently looking into what they can do for those games where season ticket holders unable to attend, give ticket back to the club etc.

On the one hand anything they do would need to be simple and straightforward for the club to administer, but also for supporters to do given not everyone can use online easily etc.

There are also so many other scenarios-what about those that return their ticket to club to sell but suddenly they can go after all (work shifts changed or whatever) then suddenly they want their ticket back.

I am certainly not sure loyalty points are a solution. Why reward non attendance? Some people also may also just want points if saves them travelling for a midweek game in winter when it’s chucking it down.

I also don’t think a flat rate amount is fair eg if the club give season ticket holders who return their ticket to club to sell then why should someone selling a gold ticket get same amount as someone selling in bronze, why should someone selling a ticket v Ross County get same amount as someone selling v Category A opponent. A percentage would therefore seem to be best option. Even then, it would only be paid/credited to the following seasons season ticket cost, if Hearts actually sold the ticket.

Totally agree with your point about the different seat category’s seems only fair to me that someone letting the club resell a platinum seat should get more than someone letting the club resell a bronze seat so a percentage is the fairest way of doing it. I think if the club credited 25% of the value of the match ticket for the game you couldn’t attend ( assuming they sell it ) to the following year’s season ticket then that would be good for both parties as Hearts still get a decent bit of cash for the seat and the person that can’t attend gets at least something back.

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Just proves how difficult it is to implement a system that will suit everyone. 

Just need option buttons - shouldn't be that hard.

(I'm one of the "insignificant plenty" referred to above)

Biffa Bacon

What would the VAT position be on a resale. If 20% VAT had been paid at original sale, it shouldn't be charged again, you would think?

But if you sold the original for a lower amount and charged VAT, where would you stand if a single seat was a higher amount? 

Must be some knowledgeable poster that could answer.

Biffa Bacon
14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

super uber posters like yourself

I wouldn't have thought 2k posts in 16 years would have got me to super uber status. But glad to receive the honour none the less. 👍

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, sprinbox98 said:

so someone puts their seat up for sale once and it sells for £25.

they then get 10% of their £450 season ticket for next year - £45 off next year.

net loss for the club £20…I though it was a way to make money!? Easy peasy!

Surley 10% of that match ticket cost ffs?

Not 10% of the entire St for one game missed. 

So £2.50 off your season ticket is a ticket was £25. 

It would be a token gesture, maybe even up to 20/30%.

You get a £5 back, club sells it for £25.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

As someone pointed out earlier.

arsenal run the sell back scheme and 90% of the ticket value goes back to the supporter as credit towards next years season ticket.

If the seat sells not only do the club benefit from more bums physically on seats, and increased match day sales, they get a small financial bump but most importantly that will protect future renewals for ST holders who can’t make every game guaranteeing your revenue streams .

now I’d be happy to let the club take slightly more than 10%.  Say 25% .. 

but credit towards next year is a no brainer 

Yes, credit towards next year's season ticket will help reduce any fall-off in the following season's ticket sales, in the event of us having a poor season.

Arsenal know what they're doing, no point in trying to re-invent the wheel.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Surley 10% of that match ticket cost ffs?

Not 10% of the entire St for one game missed. 

So £2.50 off your season ticket is a ticket was £25. 

It would be a token gesture, maybe even upto to 20/30%.

You get a £5 back, club sells it for £25.

Of course that would be how it works. How people can't see that i don't know.

NaturalOrder74
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Seeing entitled old firm fans squeezed into that corner will be very pleasing

honestly this is so important

3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

1 section been done before. Get K on sale and leave L for walk ups. 1 section for all the other teams.EEE775FF-BC42-44E1-A4F3-E823F9843FBE.thumb.jpeg.e4c8e67c2d7d11aa4dce91111b22a741.jpeg

To grow the support and therefore justify expansion we need walk ups, logic says leave K and L for that purpose

3 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

To grow the support and therefore justify expansion we need walk ups, logic says leave K and L for that purpose

Exactly. You need an opportunity to entice non ST holders along and make sure they want to come back, no point selling out our whole allocation on ST's as you'll not get new customers.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Homme said:

Of course that would be how it works. How people can't see that i don't know.

I know, 10% of a ST for every game missed! 

Jesus Christ. 😭😭

Different Class
10 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

They also have to account for potentially having to increase segregation for certain games, whether it seems over the top or not. If they sold all of K as season tickets it could leave extremely limited walk-ups. Applies for Euro games too assuming the vast majority of ST holders will also use their seat for them. 

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Exactly. You need an opportunity to entice non ST holders along and make sure they want to come back, no point selling out our whole allocation on ST's as you'll not get new customers.

Don’t you need to entice people that want to buy season tickets now so as not to dissuade them from coming?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 😎

JudyJudyJudy
48 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

yep

43 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Yep.  People applauding Hearts for selling all their season tickets is all very well but what about the flexible supporters who cant make every game for a variety of reasons. Im really disappointed that Hearts have did this to be honest.  Strikes more of greed than considering all of the fans differing needs. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t you need to entice people that want to buy season tickets now so as not to dissuade them from coming?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 😎

I had a season ticket for 45 consecutive seasons. Due to family reasons and moving house I haven't had one for the last 4 seasons. 

I am therefore a walk-up. I go to every game I can. My grandson after much work to convince him has now become a Jambo. I have promised him that I will take him to the Ross County game and to as many games as I can get to next season. 

I have paid into both 500 clubs, bought club shares and Vlad shares and contributed to FoH since outset. All done for the love of the club.

I hope Hearts remember both the loyal fan base and new fan base need to be considered carefully. Do myself and my grandson deserve the chance of a walk-up seat more than some Old Firm apologist? Of course we do. 

Cut the allocation of all teams to one section of the Roseburn. Create a new toilet and kiosk space outside the stand away from the concourse. They are there to be tolerated not to be pandered to.

Anyway well done to everyone who has invested in a season ticket. Fantastic numbers. But please let's not cut off other genuine Jambos.

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

yep

Yep.  People applauding Hearts for selling all their season tickets is all very well but what about the flexible supporters who cant make every game for a variety of reasons. Im really disappointed that Hearts have did this to be honest.  Strikes more of greed than considering all of the fans differing needs. 

There will be walk-up facilities in place for most games. K and L will be open to facilitate that for most games.

Add in re-sales for STs who can't make it and I don't see the problem here.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I had a season ticket for 45 consecutive seasons. Due to family reasons and moving house I haven't had one for the last 4 seasons. 

I am therefore a walk-up. I go to every game I can. My grandson after much work to convince him has now become a Jambo. I have promised him that I will take him to the Ross County game and to as many games as I can get to next season. 

I have paid into both 500 clubs, bought club shares and Vlad shares and contributed to FoH since outset. All done for the love of the club.

I hope Hearts remember both the loyal fan base and new fan base need to be considered carefully. Do myself and my grandson deserve the chance of a walk-up seat more than some Old Firm apologist? Of course we do. 

Cut the allocation of all teams to one section of the Roseburn. Create a new toilet and kiosk space outside the stand away from the concourse. They are there to be tolerated not to be pandered to.

Anyway well done to everyone who has invested in a season ticket. Fantastic numbers. But please let's not cut off other genuine Jambos.

I think the club’s motive is to have guaranteed income over the season. I don’t see that as greed. If, and when, we hit a slump walk ups tend to quickly vanish into the ether. 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

yep

Lol.

That's actually hilarious. Like proper side splitting hilarious :rofl:

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Probably not a great idea to promise to take him to the Ross County game. It's going to be very tight for tickets. Maybe worth a look at hospitality so the wee fella isn't disappointed...

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Boab said:

There will be walk-up facilities in place for most games. K and L will be open to facilitate that for most games.

Has that been confirmed and how many seats are available in those sections again? 

9 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Anyone else not had the loyalty points from the season ticket added to their account? 

Not yet. Bought mine on Tuesday.

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Has that been confirmed and how many seats are available in those sections again? 

There is now a waiting list for STs.

That tells me K will be available for walk-ups. For games against lesser teams, at least half of L as well I reckon.

Each section of the Roseburn holds just shy of 700. That's around 900 to 1000 if L is available.

If people re-sell if not attending, even more.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probably not a great idea to promise to take him to the Ross County game. It's going to be very tight for tickets. Maybe worth a look at hospitality so the wee fella isn't disappointed...

Too late unfortunately. I had no idea we would be selling season tickets in the Roseburn. I will probably contact the ticket office to see when the match day tickets will be online. 

If I'm too late it might be hospitality. Hope he enjoys lager or I may just have to drink his... (not serious comment before the polis come to my door! 😁)

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

There is now a waiting list for STs.

That tells me K will be available for walk-ups. For games against lesser teams, at least half of L as well I reckon.

Each section of the Roseburn holds just shy of 700. That's around 900 to 1000 if L is available.

If people re-sell if not attending, even more.

Cheers. I cant attend every match so i never get a season ticket. 

HMFCforever

anyone else noticed LP being wiped? all of my network have had around 100 points wiped - assuming it has happened to everyone

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

Both facilities will not work, why would the club offer a buy back on ST to then resale  when they don't know if the all walk up seats would be full. 

Edited by Largo

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, HMFCforever said:

anyone else noticed LP being wiped? all of my network have had around 100 points wiped - assuming it has happened to everyone

Yes. Was on about 130 but now down to 80 odd. Think it only goes back every 4 years.

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Cheers. I cant attend every match so i never get a season ticket. 

I reckon M will suffice for at least half the teams coming. There will be a decent amount of walk-up tickets available outwith OF, Hibs and the sheep, even their numbers have reduced.

Rudi Hates Hibees
21 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I’ll be on holiday so can’t make County game. Adult and U13 seats in section G. Let me know if your interested. No need for a young lad to miss out. 

1 minute ago, Largo said:

Both facilities will not work, why would the club offer a buy back on ST to then resale  when they don't know if the all walk seats up would be full. 

It won't be a buy back as previously discussed. The club will come up with a scheme no doubt to encourage resale if people can't attend.

What that will be, no one is sure yet but it's a good idea, and financially beneficial to the club, if the club come up with something.

I'd say a lot of people wouldn't be too fussed about getting a “ reward “, just happy that the seat will be filled.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

One thing re other club models about this kind of thing - particularly EPL - is that we can’t ignore just how fairly or cheaply priced our season tickets are.

From memory I think I was paying around £220-£240 in 2008 for mine (Section T, lower main) before I moved away. 

I know times are tough and money is tight and we donate to the FOH (which is possibly why season ticket prices don’t rise as much as they might otherwise) but in today’s football market for a big club doing well in a ground with an atmosphere that provides and enhanced experience our season ticket prices are brilliant value and arguably underpriced 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yes. Was on about 130 but now down to 80 odd. Think it only goes back every 4 years.

I'm down to 84.