*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Can he take us to the next level

though? 

What's the next level?  Do I think Simms has several levels to go in his career?  That answer is obvious. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

It's kickback, there's an argument that night doesn't follow day. It's normal.

True :lol: 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

To be fair to Kickback, day also follows night!  :whistling:

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Quick question.

Does anyone think we can get better than Simms and Haring on our budget?

Yes, on this seasons budget. Last seasons numbers, no. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What's the next level?  Do I think Simms has several levels to go in his career?  That answer is obvious. 

Pushing the old firm,doing well in Europe.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Pushing the old firm,doing well in Europe.

In that case not on his own he won't be able to.  He would get in our side trying to push the old firm though. 

Ford Prentice
14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Mind that time we got all sad about Fuller and then MDV rocked up.😂

I'm still sad about not signing Fuller.

BackOfTheNet
37 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Simms is really, really highly thought of at Everton and I was surprised they sent him up here.   Won a watch with him as most players of his calibre will go to the Championship down south. 

You could say that, especially as he played a PL game against Chelsea, but before joining us other than that one PL game he only played 20+ professional games, and they were for Blackpool in League One. So, I think there’s others who have similar careers in the U23 league that teams would be willing to send to a team that  has guaranteed European group stages to offer in the way of experience. I mean, if at the start of the season we signed Woodburn and Simms I imagine most would have thought Woodburn would have set everything alight and not thought much about Simms. So you never know how these U23 players can go. But there’s a host of talented players playing for teams hoovering up young prospects that will never let them get near their first teams.

Carl Fredrickson

Nathan Broadhead is a player that interests me. For my sins I watch Sunderland games when I can and he has had a good season there. He is 24 and is on loan from Everton. At 5ft 10 he isnt tall (unless you compare him to managers of the vermin) but he is decent in the are and has good movement around and in the box. 

Goals this season is one every two games. 

I am unsure of his contract situation but he has just been called up to the Wales squad. He has only made one appearance for Evertons first team and it doesnt look like he will make any more. 

That is my random name from left field and no ITK credentials. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You could say that, especially as he played a PL game against Chelsea, but before joining us other than that one PL game he only played 20+ professional games, and they were for Blackpool in League One. So, I think there’s others who have similar careers in the U23 league that teams would be willing to send to a team that  has guaranteed European group stages to offer in the way of experience. I mean, if at the start of the season we signed Woodburn and Simms I imagine most would have thought Woodburn would have set everything alight and not thought much about Simms. So you never know how these U23 players can go. But there’s a host of talented players playing for teams hoovering up young prospects that will never let them get near their first teams.

I'm the opposite, Woodburn failed to get in the Blackpool team where as Simms helped the achieve promotion.  I get your point though, it's a good market to shop in for loans. 

LarrysRightFoot
15 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Nathan Broadhead is a player that interests me. For my sins I watch Sunderland games when I can and he has had a good season there. He is 24 and is on loan from Everton. At 5ft 10 he isnt tall (unless you compare him to managers of the vermin) but he is decent in the are and has good movement around and in the box. 

Goals this season is one every two games. 

I am unsure of his contract situation but he has just been called up to the Wales squad. He has only made one appearance for Evertons first team and it doesnt look like he will make any more. 

That is my random name from left field and no ITK credentials. 

Likely be on Hibs radar?  - was he there when Johnson was in charge? 

We seem to have a good relationship with Everton, so I’m sure we are aware of him. 

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Likely be on Hibs radar?  - was he there when Johnson was in charge? 

We seem to have a good relationship with Everton, so I’m sure we are aware of him. 

He was at Sunderland with Wee Lee. Ross Stewart is getting a lot of the headlines this season but Broadhead has caught my eye,

john thomas
44 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

He was at Sunderland with Wee Lee. Ross Stewart is getting a lot of the headlines this season but Broadhead has caught my eye,

Think we are rumoured to be after another broadhead ?

BackOfTheNet
28 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Think we are rumoured to be after another broadhead ?

Beat me to it! :lol:

The White Cockade
4 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

I'm still sad about not signing Fuller.

Have heard him and Hleb currently on way to a meeting with Joe Savage

or maybe not 😂

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cant believe no one has figured it out.

A player who has played and scored against us so knows us well. Maybe late in a career but looking for one last contract and European football.

It must be Luis Suarez

Aye but can he do it on a cold night in Dingwall?

5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

The two of them together would have been unstoppable.

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Feynoord have just signed Danilo from Ajax…..bet we were close though 😂

Tbh I'll be impressed if we even just picked up the phone or sent an email. 

Really want Ronan from St Mirren. Happily chuck some dosh to get him on a 3 year deal. The boy Levitt from Dundee Utd would also be on my shopping list. Chuck in another loan of Simms and a couple of complete unknown ballers and I'd be very happy. Oh, and a 2 year deal for Haring too. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
29 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Really want Ronan from St Mirren. Happily chuck some dosh to get him on a 3 year deal. The boy Levitt from Dundee Utd would also be on my shopping list. Chuck in another loan of Simms and a couple of complete unknown ballers and I'd be very happy. Oh, and a 2 year deal for Haring too. 

They are contracted to Wolves and Man Utd respectively.

Would cost us a pretty penny in transfer fees and wages...having said that according to transfermarkt Levitt's current contract expires this June so mibbe...

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

LarrysRightFoot
23 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

They are contracted to Wolves and Man Utd respectively.

Would cost us a pretty penny in transfer fees and wages...having said that according to transfermarkt Levitt's current contract expires this June so mibbe...

Dundee United are saying they’ll build a team around Levitt but it’s likely he’ll have a few offers. 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Dundee United are saying they’ll build a team around Levitt but it’s likely he’ll have a few offers. 

Mulgrew was on open goal this week and sounded resigned that they’d lose him. 

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Mulgrew was on open goal this week and sounded resigned that they’d lose him. 

Got their player of the year I think. 

From what I’ve seen of them I like both Levitt and Ronan. I dare say we have multiple targets but I think they’ll be on the list. 

8 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Quick question.

No chance. 

Rocky jamboa
25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Everton safe so chances of simms back in loan are greatly improved 

Yes, that's what I was just thinking! Can't see Simms getting a game in the Premier league ahead of richarlison and DCL.  Another year at us will do him good 😄

Agentjambo
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No chance. 

So simms are the very best striker and central midfielder we can afford?really…

Quick question.

The answer depends on how big the budget is going to be and what else we think we need. 

I can’t imagine we’re going to blow the whole windfall in one signing spree.

We are owe Ms Budge a substantial slice of it and we’ll be debt free again. Plus the ‘benefactors’ might feel they can turn the tap off to an extent.

Simms we’ll struggle to replace and I don’t think he’ll be back. we might have to settle for 2 lesser options there as full time signings, plus try and get lucky again with a good loanee.

I think Haring will stay so we won’t have to replace him. But could we get better ? We already did that twice this season so I don’t see why not

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Simms is good. He'll be hard to upgrade imo. 

Haring  we can get an upgrade, Benni actually was/ is an upgrade so imo we've already done that.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No chance. 

Strange, I'd say Benni is better midfielder than Haring, so we've already done that. 

King prawn

if Simms comes back - great, if not we will get better than both him and Haring.

We’ve had better before, we’re in Europe and we’ve got Savage and his recruitment team on the case.

Velicka was twice the finisher Simms is and we unearthed him. We’ll get another if he doesn’t come back. As for Haring - great squad player and I like him a lot but I can’t fathom why fans think we can’t improve on him.

King prawn
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Strange, I'd say Benni is better midfielder than Haring, so we've already done that. 

Beni is a much better footballer than Haring and I like Haring a lot. 

King prawn
51 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

No chance - got a very good feeling about this window. 

Are folk basing this discussion on how good Simms is now, or how good they think he will be in the future?

For me, the difference would be that getting him in for another season would be very good business. Getting him on a three year deal would be an astounding bit of work.

Currently, he doesn't always get his shots awy quick enough and can take a poor first touch (with some cause and effect between these two). At the start with us he looked lacking a bit of confidence. I can see all of this clearing up in the future with consistent match practice and experience at higher levels.

I think we could probably get someone else as good as this seasons' Simms. I think finding someone who is as good as he will be, withing our budget, would be extremely difficult.

Everton staying up is good. Our 8 games in Europe means he could have a loan experience at a higher level than this season whilst stying at Hearts. I wonder if a 6 month extension would interest Everton - with the option to see how he and they are doing in January. He could then stay at Hearts, return to compete for places at Everton, or goon loan to a chmpionship club - all with European experience under his belt.

Edited by CMc

Probably. Haring is a 7 or 8 out of 10 most weeks. There's no guarantee we'd sign someone as consistent. 

7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He has a different skillset. 

Beni doesn't win headers, Haring does.

Simms 

Shankland 

New CB

New LB 

New wide player

That would make me happy, We only really need to upgrade on Ginnely and GMS. Sibbick isn't ready to start either he reminds me of Zal when he first arrived. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probably. Haring is a 7 or 8 out of 10 most weeks. There's no guarantee we'd sign someone as consistent. 

He has a different skillset. 

Beni doesn't win headers, Haring does.

He is as he's a a safe player. 

Beni is a better midfielder, he's better in the tackle, more aware and faster in transition. 

Haring is good, but he's upgradeable as we've already proven. Devlin is also arguably better than Haring. 

Halliday ia also a 7/10 most weeks. 

In a midfielder, heading is the last attribute I look for. 

Awareness, vision, passing, dynamic, goals, creating are all way more important as is stamina and tackling. 

Benni is better in most, if not all these key areas. 

I'll be glad if Haring stays, like I was with Halliday, they add to the squad and are consistent and reliable. 

Haring can be upgraded tho. He's not that good. 

I anticipate a good performance from the man Tommorrow! 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

But...what about the next level?

I know you are joking and every thing but it definitely comes across as Shankland is all Neilson and not some one Savage would have come up with with out Neilsons say so and not that that is a bad thing though but I think the players that Savage will bring in through his network will be more likely to be that fabled next level

2 minutes ago, kjc2006 said:

Is Joe Wright the guy who had been out injured that we invited up for training?

Yes

Rick Sanchez
23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know you are joking and every thing but it definitely comes across as Shankland is all Neilson and not some one Savage would have come up with with out Neilsons say so and not that that is a bad thing though but I think the players that Savage will bring in through his network will be more likely to be that fabled next level

I agree with that, and I'd say having Shankland with Simms or a Simms like signing is next level. Next level for me is the same again please.

I can't read the article but did you miss Wright's name out as he isn't being pursued?

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I agree with that, and I'd say having Shankland with Simms or a Simms like signing is next level. Next level for me is the same again please.

I can't read the article but did you miss Wright's name out as he isn't being pursued?

I just forgot to mention Wright but he is mentioned and Savage confirms that we were wanting to sign him before he got injured but will look at him again in training now ................ described him as a good person as well as a good player

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

can someone post the full article here?

Do what a nother poster showed me click on the article and just before it loads press the refresh circle and you should bypass the pay wall ................... usually takes a couple of tries to get the timing right

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do what a nother poster showed me click on the article and just before it loads press the refresh circle and you should bypass the pay wall ................... usually takes a couple of tries to get the timing right

ah nice one will try that now

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***