• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Neilson saying to BBC that we have a couple of targets but no movement yet.

I normally take Robbie's comments with a pinch of salt, but starting to feel like we will be lucky if we get 1 signing tomorrow.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I normally take Robbie's comments with a pinch of salt, but starting to feel like we will be lucky if we get 1 signing tomorrow.

See, this has been my thinking for a week or so, that we’d get 1-2. Now that’s Kiomourtzoglou’s here I don’t expect much more. I think we richly need more, at least double, but expecting minimal prevents me from losing it.

Kind of.

To an extent.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Crazy what football does to you this thread has 2.5m views and the thread is largely full of shite 🤣

This.

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Neilson saying to BBC that we have a couple of targets but no movement yet.

4 in then

Ainsley Harriott
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I have no doubts Joe will be trying his absolute best to get us a couple of decent players.

You his wife or something 

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You his wife or something 

He shouldn’t have time for a wife he should be signing players !!! 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Must've spend 2million this window. 

Yeah I'd guess around £1.5-2m in fees over this window alone. The folk being critical of the recruitment are clearly at it.

BackOfTheNet

Thing is, if roughly half our ST holders have bought the 3-game package for the Conference League, that’s half a million in up front cash right there. I don’t know how they treat budgets (some teams budget a season in advance and discuss individual adjustments), or if they’ve already budgeted for that cash already, but you’d like to think if a good chunk have signed up to that offer then we’ve had some decent revenue flowing into the club the last few days.

Leveins Battalion

We've never replaced Simms,the space he created for everybody else and the pressure he took off the midfield and defence was immense, we are well short of quality now with so many injuries.

indianajones

Good window so far. Currently unlucky with injuries to key players.

We have the money. Its just finding the right players.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Sensible. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We've got 24 hours to sort it out 

indianajones
Just now, Spookie said:

We've got 24 hours to sort it out 

Responding to injuries at short notice wont be easy. 

Its still been a very good window for us though. Probably the first time we have spent any sort of money in a decade plus. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Responding to injuries at short notice wont be easy. 

Its still been a very good window for us though. Probably the first time we have spent any sort of money in a decade plus. 

Agreed but we needed 3/4 prior to the injuries, now we need 5/6 with 24 hours to go 

I fear Joe has cocked this up 

RustyRightPeg

We got incredibly lucky on the injury front last season which made operating with a small squad tolerable until April at least. 

Big day tomorrow. 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Agreed but we needed 3/4 prior to the injuries, now we need 5/6 with 24 hours to go 

I fear Joe has cocked this up 

Disagree we needed 3/4. 

A couple would've done and still might. Halkett and Kinglsey back soon. Kye hopefully 6 weeks away. 

Few more decent attackers and we would've been sorted. Now we are looking at a few more decent attackers and probably a few extra defenders. 

Pretty sure some on here would take Moult now after that.

Fact is we've needed another striker since Simms left.

I don't know what's out there.

Maybe we've been knocked back a few times already. 

But hopefully we get a couple in who can at least make some impact whether it be on loan or permanent.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Disagree we needed 3/4. 

A couple would've done and still might. Halkett and Kinglsey back soon. Kye hopefully 6 weeks away. 

Few more decent attackers and we would've been sorted. Now we are looking at a few more decent attackers and probably a few extra defenders. 

All in 24 hours,  impossible, we predominantly do zero business on the last day. Would love to have that shoved down my throat,  just can't see it, got Istanbul a week Tommorow and we can't beat Killie at home. Prove me wrong Joe 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Lucky if we get one new face in imo

Nah. After that there will be business done. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, Spookie said:

All in 24 hours,  impossible, we predominantly do zero business on the last day. Would love to have that shoved down my throat,  just can't see it, got Istanbul a week Tommorow and we can't beat Killie at home. Prove me wrong Joe 

Cant see us bringing anyone either to be honest. Seems very unlikely given how little time there is. 

Think we will pick up for the European and league ties. though. 

Rudi cant fail
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Nah. After that there will be business done. 

No way are we making anymore than one signing tomorrow. 

I hope I’m wrong but just can’t see it. Robbie has already put the feelers out with his “quality over quantity” quote

Feeling gloomy now. Either tomorrow is some day, or we have to admit that our ‘quality over quantity’ strategy has not worked out for us. This season promised a great deal and is now at risk of turning into a major disappointment before it even gets started.

indianajones

Hope Joe is cracking open his first red bull of the night. 

Another 5 cans in the fridge and some proplus in the drawer. 

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Feeling gloomy now. Either tomorrow is some day, or we have to admit that our ‘quality over quantity’ strategy has not worked out for us. This season promised a great deal and is now at risk of turning into a major disappointment before it even gets started.

This

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

No way are we making anymore than one signing tomorrow. 

I hope I’m wrong but just can’t see it. Robbie has already put the feelers out with his “quality over quantity” quote

We signed Rowles and Neilson on the same day. It can and probably will be done. 

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Good to see you're keeping it real and not over reacting .

BackOfTheNet

We shouldn’t be signing anyone different based on a loss to Kilmarnock, because quite simply we should never have lost to Kilmarnock. Injuries or not, that team that was fielded should’ve beat them. Buying players would not have fixed that result, it’s how the players are deployed.

I see Simms, who hasn’t scored in his last 4 games, is Haaland level now. Will he be brought up every time we lose?

If we could have kept him we would of. Time to let it go.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Too many games already we haven't scored. We might be unlucky with injuries but I think we are correct to question why more has not been spent when you see the bench tonight 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Anderson is gonna play a part at Newcastle this year. Looks a real talent.

Clarke needs to select him for the upcoming Nations League games and get him capped. Southgate is not afraid to cap the young, so we need to get in first.

Clark Griswold

if it really is noone else in or just 1 or 2, we are going to struggle to get third. with minimum 6 games in Europe, I can't see us sustaining league form also

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We shouldn’t be signing anyone different based on a loss to Kilmarnock, because quite simply we should never have lost to Kilmarnock. Injuries or not, that team that was fielded should’ve beat them. Buying players would not have fixed that result, it’s how the players are deployed.

A makeshift defence with only one real centreback who is a kid.As soon as I seen that I thought Killie might sneak it.

Tonight will make no difference, I suppose.

Whoever we're in negotiations with won't be swayed by a League Cup defeat.

Big day tomorrow, hopefully.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well. I for one won't be giving a shit who we sign tomorrow, as I'll be preparing to go on holiday.

We're very unlikely to recruit what we need, and probably going to have to suck it up until January.

Feel quite disappointed we've gotten to this stage. The bench tonight, I'd be worried if I was a St. Mirren fan, never mind a Hearts one, tbqh.

Savage needs to pull a menagerie out of his hat, never mind a ****ing rabbit.

This

Recruitment up top has not been good enough.  Been unlucky with injuries ok. But you have expect them. Never thought forest or Grant would make real difference. We have stagnated up front.

15 minutes ago, feej said:

Not sure we'll sign anyone now.

If that's the case we're bang in trouble as two games a week is stretching us and we're not out of August yet. 

That was absolutely shite tonight.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***