*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

43 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not just their first goal let’s be honest. It’s a growing catalogue of bombscare games where he cost goals, was ineffective, got taken to the cleaners and hooked. yes he has done some good stuff in forward areas and he might well do as cover in some forward areas, but he isn’t currently good enough defensively, in fact he’s become a liability defensively, especially in big games 

Can we just temper it by saying that he has looked this way whenever Sibbick has been on the right of the back 3, Sibbick sitting too narrow and not being aggressive enough could be a big factor 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

53 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Gerard was good. In my mind it was a Patrick Viera type that gives grant, McKay, boyce etc freedom 

We ain't getting any closer than Beni there I don't reckon dude!  Fingers crossed he comes back well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

When were scouting players can we get past A in the nations alphabet please.

If you are referring to above Sky reporting this guy is wanted by a Scottish club, maybe pure coincidence, but we need a short term fix for Beni and he knows 3 of our team

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Leeds confirm interest in Gnonto and are waiting to make their move, though no timeframe was mentioned only dominoes falling. Hopefully they fall by Thursday

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Tyrese Francois being sought after from Fulham by Scottish, Portugese and Croatian clubs on loan

Australian Under 23 international

Fulham might look at how the other mob dealt with Jasper and think twice about sending anyone back up north again

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fulham might look at how the other mob dealt with Jasper and think twice about sending anyone back up north again

Very true, Portugal and Croatia other options which is quite interesting, from what I can see, not played any senior football

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Very true, Portugal and Croatia other options which is quite interesting, from what I can see, not played any senior football

He has made 4 apperances for Fulham (admittedly one was coming on for a minute last weekend against Wolves) but your point still stands.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Newton51 said:

Jack Hamilton away to livvy. As we have made a habit of signing livvy keepers then couldn’t do any worse than Max Stryjek

He signed for Wycombe.

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Came on for a minute at the weekend and started their first game of last season but apparently missed most of the rest of the year through injury. Was touched on on the previous page.

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He signed for Wycombe.

👍 they do have another 3rd keeper now who signed but he’s been totally left out Ivan Konovalov 

BackOfTheNet
58 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

When do you think the first credible news will come out of a player we are in talks for that hasn't already been mentioned.

I am going to say Sunday night.

Sunday night could be a good shout. Sunday 28th, though.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not just their first goal let’s be honest. It’s a growing catalogue of bombscare games where he cost goals, was ineffective, got taken to the cleaners and hooked. yes he has done some good stuff in forward areas and he might well do as cover in some forward areas, but he isn’t currently good enough defensively, in fact he’s become a liability defensively, especially in big games 

Exactly!

55 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Can we just temper it by saying that he has looked this way whenever Sibbick has been on the right of the back 3, Sibbick sitting too narrow and not being aggressive enough could be a big factor 

Yeh I said in an earlier post that he might do better with a good RCB inside him and we don’t currently have a good RCB. Whether we’re persevering with Atkinson or not, we need a starting RCB this window.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

He hasnt played more than 45 mins a match this season. He is not in need of a rest.

Balloons dont seem to realise, the boy had played virtually through June, came in last January without a proper break and has not had one again this summer. Ignorance is bliss eh

Apparently Leandro Bacuna??? That had been in English Championship last season is still a free agent.

Got experience and not as old as Balogun.

whether we could afford him I don’t know but is someone who is apparently available 

14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Balloons dont seem to realise, the boy had played virtually through June, came in last January without a proper break and has not had one again this summer. Ignorance is bliss eh

He had a long break between the Olympics finishing in July and the A League starting up in November. He should have been fresher than just about all our squad in January.

As for playing through June, the Peru game was 3 weeks after the cup final and he was given extra weeks off. I'm not sure that made a huge difference.

Not everyone is the same, but Rowles and Devlin adapted to the league easily. Atkinson hasn't yet and I'm not sure he has it in him. He's too far short of the required standard in too many areas imo.

He's still young enough to improve and I'm not suggesting we bin him yet. Come January that might be different, though.

Leveins Battalion

A quick scan through social media and there is more non Hearts fans commenting on how poor Sibbick and Atkinson are than actual Hearts fans.😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He had a long break between the Olympics finishing in July and the A League starting up in November. He should have been fresher than just about all our squad in January.

As for playing through June, the Peru game was 3 weeks after the cup final and he was given extra weeks off. I'm not sure that made a huge difference.

Not everyone is the same, but Rowles and Devlin adapted to the league easily. Atkinson hasn't yet and I'm not sure he has it in him. He's too far short of the required standard in too many areas imo.

He's still young enough to improve and I'm not suggesting we bin him yet. Come January that might be different, though.

The difference was he missed another preseason and he then became unwell, these things make a significant difference at professional level, its not a game of 5s for ffs with a hangover

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Atkinson needs the gym more. 

I wouldn't disagree with that, taking him out to build him back up would not be a bad thing if Smith can manage, with possibly Sibbick and Neilson covering him at RB. Bottom line CB is a priority to support that whole side

RustyRightPeg
42 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I personally think he looks a bit overawed by the whole Hearts thing. Their left back screamed at him last night and the camera panned to him and he looked like he’d just seen a ghost. I think Aussie football is nicey nicey and he’s been caught out by the frenetic competitive nature of our game. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I personally think he looks a bit overawed by the whole Hearts thing. Their left back screamed at him last night and the camera panned to him and he looked like he’d just seen a ghost. I think Aussie football is nicey nicey and he’s been caught out by the frenetic competitive nature of our game. 

How are our imminent signings coming along ?

Heard anymore from your source ?

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, JAYEL said:

How are our imminent signings coming along ?

Heard anymore from your source ?

Nope not a wink think they’re hiding in a corner. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Why don’t you just name the players we are not signing now

The White Cockade
6 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Why don’t you just name the players we are not signing now

That would be a very long list!

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Seems to be a common one. Jamboj1 is normally posts quite reguarly but hasn't posted anything in over a week. So perhaps the club are locking down to push things through,

4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

13 days until the window slams shut!!

Wit's happening Joe??

Joe needs to prove he really is the Messiah and not just a silly boy!! 🥸

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Joe needs to prove he really is the Messiah and not just a silly boy!! 🥸

What a silly comment, he has to prove himself every year anyway 

Edited by brux

1 minute ago, brux said:

What a silly comment, he has to prove himself every year anyway 

Sure he meant naughty boy!

Life of Brian

colinmorewasgash

Ben Foster ex watford on talksport at mo free agent would love to continue be a two or 3rd choice has plenty other things on go but wants to continue even as back up haha. I doubt we cd afford him mind.

21 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The difference was he missed another preseason and he then became unwell, these things make a significant difference at professional level, its not a game of 5s for ffs with a hangover

"Missed another pre-season". When did he miss a pre-season in the first place? This season he missed about two weeks.

He looks about the same as he did last season which is the issue for me.

4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

13 days until the window slams shut!!

Wit's happening Joe??

I think maybe AB was asking him the same thing last night when they were leaning on the glass balcony at the game. 😄

lost in space
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seems to be a common one. Jamboj1 is normally posts quite reguarly but hasn't posted anything in over a week. So perhaps the club are locking down to push things through,

When we hear a snippet, we imagine a transfer is incoming.

Now you are suggesting that because we are hearing nothing, a transfer may be incoming.

Aghhhh. 🤥

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly! Zero credit for winning the pen and crucified for their first goal. Some absolute zoomers in our support!

Correct. 

Won us a penalty in an away European game. 

For their goal,  the middle ch has to drop deeper and attack the ball,  the very thing Halkett would do. 

Sibbick,  again in no man's land imo as he was for their second goal. 

Another issue tho. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

"Missed another pre-season". When did he miss a pre-season in the first place? This season he missed about two weeks.

He looks about the same as he did last season which is the issue for me.

He has had a compressed one this year and not one previous summer. He looks the same because we have not had the opportunity to integrate as the project he was meant to be. 

Similarly now any signing will basically be play and recover until November, its not ideal. 

On the plus side any player coming in now should have the ability to cope

Whitburn Hearts

Joe Savage can't go shopping in Harrods if Ann Budge only gives him Aldi amounts of pocket money . 

ScandinavianJambo
5 minutes ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

Joe Savage can't go shopping in Harrods if Ann Budge only gives him Aldi amounts of pocket money . 

Are we finding someone to blame again? 

Just now, Whitburn Hearts said:

Home Bargains is about our level anyway. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

Not sure what that  means in football terms. 

Now't wrong with Aldi either. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***