*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Guess we'll find out soon. 

Well, yes, but how would we know if a defender signs that it was the plan all along or because it was in reaction to Halkett’s injury? Either way, I just hope we sign someone, and we sign more than one.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Lastly, some loans from EPL U23s: 

Sam Greenwood (Leeds) - Loads of promise, better reputation than Simms had when we signed him so could be an interesting one if he's available. 

Sonny Perkins (Leeds) - snapped up on a free last month, West Ham were gutted to lose him. "next big thing" type striker. 

Filip Stevanovic (Man City) - spent last season at Heerenveen. Officially plays left wing but can also go through the middle and on the right. Looks a cracking wee player - reminds me of Vladimir Weiss! 

Morgan Rogers (Man City) - Another LW officially, but can play through the middle. Has a goal every 3 games in EPL2. 

Samuel Edozie (Man City) - Can play anywhere across attacking mid as well. 

Claudio Gomes (Man City) - Similar to Beni I'd say. Ball-winning DM who gets himself about. Apparently Celtic made a bid early in the summer. 

Paul Glatzel (Liverpool) - Disappointing season with Tranmere Rovers but looks a good player. Bags of pace, determined, and gets stuck in. 

Kaide Gordon (Liverpool) - 'the next Sterling'...? 17yo winger, good wee player, was ripping everyone in the one game I've seen him play. 

Harvey Vale (Chelsea) - AM, only 18 and scored 2 in his debut for their U23 side. Looks a very good wee player. 

Tim Irogbunam (Villa) - Actively looking for a loan move for him - Stevie G is a big fan, similar in style to him, another good young player who will break through eventually.

Teden Menghi (Man Utd) - big strong centre back who was loaned to Birmingham last season where he did alright. 

Ethan Galbraith (Man Utd) - spent last season at Doncaster - versatile midfielder who can play DM, CM, AM. 

Charlie Savage (Man Utd) - Confirmed available on loan. Not as much of a fud as his da, impressed in pre-season to the point where MU fans want him in the first team. 

Zidane Iqbal (Man Utd) - As above, fans want him promoted but is available on loan. Looks unreal. If we were loaning one player, I'd have him. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well, yes, but how would we know if a defender signs that it was the plan all along or because it was in reaction to Halkett’s injury? Either way, I just hope we sign someone, and we sign more than one.

I won't. 

Probably not care or over anaylse it either. 

27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You've went mental Bati, son!  The Beni call fame has gone to yer heid!

???

Not the first time I've fired up a big list. Only showing what's available - which is exactly what I was doing when I found/suggested Beni! 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

???

Not the first time I've fired up a big list. Only showing what's available. 

And a good list it is. 

Cracking summary. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And a good list it is. 

Cracking summary. 

Cheers Tosh, as long as someone appreciates it 👍

Ainsley Harriott
37 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Atkinson surging ahead in the  great kickback scape goat race, Sibbick trying to keep up with Robbie still hovering around in the medal positions . 

You would have to be blind to see that Atkinson isn't good enough. Not a case of being a scapegoat he has zero positional sense and couldn't tackle a fish supper. 

43 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The problem with Atkinson is that he is the poster boy for George Brown and championed by Savage as he was signed purely on stats,it worked with Devlin but as many Hearts fans have found out he is nowhere near the level of Smith.Certain fans views have maybe been skewed by the fact he won his 1st International cap,he cannot defend to save himself.Now we heard the excuses v Ross County that he was unwell when their little number 7 turned him inside out for 45 minutes before he got hooked,the same again last night.IMO he had a huge part in both goals last night.

Sibbick is a strange one,i think if you asked any Hearts fan prior to his return we would of bitten your hand off and Savage and co have probably spoken to staff/players at the club rather than 'Scouting' him,personally i think he has ability he just thinks he is better than he is and needs a rocket up the arse.

Atkinson is soft, he bottles challenges - a good example was the second goal last night, he pulled out of the header.  Some time in the Lowland league might toughen him up, but as you said he's a poster boy.

Hooked twice at HT in his last 2 starts should have alarm bells ringing.

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

???

Not the first time I've fired up a big list. Only showing what's available. 

Great research.

You may even alert the club to someone not previously on our radar.

Edited by JamboAl

50 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The problem with Atkinson is that he is the poster boy for George Brown and championed by Savage as he was signed purely on stats,it worked with Devlin but as many Hearts fans have found out he is nowhere near the level of Smith.Certain fans views have maybe been skewed by the fact he won his 1st International cap,he cannot defend to save himself.Now we heard the excuses v Ross County that he was unwell when their little number 7 turned him inside out for 45 minutes before he got hooked,the same again last night.IMO he had a huge part in both goals last night.

Sibbick is a strange one,i think if you asked any Hearts fan prior to his return we would of bitten your hand off and Savage and co have probably spoken to staff/players at the club rather than 'Scouting' him,personally i think he has ability he just thinks he is better than he is and needs a rocket up the arse.

Sibbick played well under Stendel but that was playing defensive midfield and not as a Centre Back! 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Great research.

Thanks, You never know mate. 

Could have been how they found Beni ;) haha

Edited by Batistuta87

37 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

What do you mean by experiment? 

Atkinson is an Australian International. 

And Oshaniwa was a Super Eagle 😂

Some of the names being thrown out are ridiculous...is that really more relevant than the side discussions that get deemed off topic by people?

Harvey Vale. I mean c'mon 😂

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sibbick played well under Stendel but that was playing defensive midfield and not as a Centre Back! 🤷‍♂️

He only played a game and half I think so can't judge him on that I'm afraid! I do think he has the raw materials to be a decent player, however he constantly makes mistakes that he doesn't learn from and his in game awareness of what's around him is dreadful. 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Some of the names being thrown out are ridiculous...is that really more relevant than the side discussions that get deemed off topic by people?

Harvey Vale. I mean c'mon 😂

I'd say Vale on loan is far from the most unrealistic option that I've mentioned. Juan Mata is on there lol. 

It's to encourage discussion on possible transfers which is the whole point of this thread. 

Edited by Batistuta87

45 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think if Rogic was happening it would have by now. He's exactly the type who would have been required last night, an excellent player but can't ever see him in a Hearts shirt unfortunately. 

Rogic is heading towards retirement.  He withdrew from the Australia squad for their World Cup play-offs with no explanation given and effectively disappeared.

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Rogic is heading towards retirement.  He withdrew from the Australia squad for their World Cup play-offs with no explanation given and effectively disappeared.

Rogic is 29 lol.

15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

You would have to be blind to see that Atkinson isn't good enough. Not a case of being a scapegoat he has zero positional sense and couldn't tackle a fish supper. 

A kust be blind then 

15 minutes ago, briever said:

Atkinson is soft, he bottles challenges - a good example was the second goal last night, he pulled out of the header.  Some time in the Lowland league might toughen him up, but as you said he's a poster boy.

Hooked twice at HT in his last 2 starts should have alarm bells ringing.

What would actually benefit him is a 6 month loan somewhere, but that's not going to happen in which case keep him for the League Cup.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Rogic is 29 lol.

I know, but he won't play top level again, he might not even play again.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hope we are keeping eye on josh mulligan at Dundee. Looks promising.

Someone said a few days ago, that there is talk among Dundee fans that he is in talks with us after turning down a new contract at Dundee.

I'd say Vale is far from the most unrealistic I've mentioned. Juan Mata is on there lol. 

It's to encourage discussion on possible transfers which is the whole point of this thread. 

I'd say Mata is more realistic tbh 😂

I'm all for it, folk just seem to get their knickers in a twist about off topic posting as soon as someone mentions anything that's not directly about a player we may sign, yet posting players that aren't possible is every bit as off topic when using that criteria. I like it though, the ramble is good.

20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

???

Not the first time I've fired up a big list. Only showing what's available - which is exactly what I was doing when I found/suggested Beni! 

You've certainly done your homework, bud. ✔️  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Lastly, some loans from EPL U23s: 

Sam Greenwood (Leeds) - Loads of promise, better reputation than Simms had when we signed him so could be an interesting one if he's available. 

Sonny Perkins (Leeds) - snapped up on a free last month, West Ham were gutted to lose him. "next big thing" type striker. 

Filip Stevanovic (Man City) - spent last season at Heerenveen. Officially plays left wing but can also go through the middle and on the right. Looks a cracking wee player - reminds me of Vladimir Weiss! 

Morgan Rogers (Man City) - Another LW officially, but can play through the middle. Has a goal every 3 games in EPL2. 

Samuel Edozie (Man City) - Can play anywhere across attacking mid as well. 

Claudio Gomes (Man City) - Similar to Beni I'd say. Ball-winning DM who gets himself about. Apparently Celtic made a bid early in the summer. 

Paul Glatzel (Liverpool) - Disappointing season with Tranmere Rovers but looks a good player. Bags of pace, determined, and gets stuck in. 

Kaide Gordon (Liverpool) - 'the next Sterling'...? 17yo winger, good wee player, was ripping everyone in the one game I've seen him play. 

Harvey Vale (Chelsea) - AM, only 18 and scored 2 in his debut for their U23 side. Looks a very good wee player. 

Tim Irogbunam (Villa) - Actively looking for a loan move for him - Stevie G is a big fan, similar in style to him, another good young player who will break through eventually.

Teden Menghi (Man Utd) - big strong centre back who was loaned to Birmingham last season where he did alright. 

Ethan Galbraith (Man Utd) - spent last season at Doncaster - versatile midfielder who can play DM, CM, AM. 

Charlie Savage (Man Utd) - Confirmed available on loan. Not as much of a fud as his da, impressed in pre-season to the point where MU fans want him in the first team. 

Zidane Iqbal (Man Utd) - As above, fans want him promoted but is available on loan. Looks unreal. If we were loaning one player, I'd have him. 

Sam Greenwood :lol: No danger first team regular now

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Great research.

Yeah, cause paid professionals will check up on posts on here for transfer targets. You can't believe that, even if you typed it 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Watching Sibbick I get the impression he does his best work outside of the penalty area but as soon as he runs back into it he seems to lose his bearings, often moving away from the danger man/area and ending up facing in the wrong direction ie away from the danger, such as the man with, or who is about to get, the ball. Personally I don't think he's a natural defender but is more comfortable in the midfield, both defensively and with the ball at his feet, where I think he could be quite effective.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd say Mata is more realistic tbh 😂

I'm all for it, folk just seem to get their knickers in a twist about off topic posting as soon as someone mentions anything that's not directly about a player we may sign, yet posting players that aren't possible is every bit as off topic when using that criteria. I like it though, the ramble is good.

And why would loaning a youngster from Chelsea be so impossible that its "off topic"?? His market value is about £300k!

Whether its possible or not its still on topic and is therefore a point for discussion. The kid has only played once for their U23 side so how's that more ridiculous than Mata lol? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Both Natty and Toby have the tools.  They need to click it all together.  They're young in their careers as regulars at this level.

I have to admit concerns over both of them, but what is on their sides is they both seem like hard working lads who will do their very best to succeed.

Both still have a massive chance to be very good players for us over the next few years.

The one outfield player we miss the most (so our best player?!) is Halkett.  That is hard to argue with.  Go back 18 months and find JKB a thread on Halks....

The Atkinson witch hunt is complete nonsense, he is not playing well with very good reason. Needs a proper period of rest and recovery to get his freshness back

51 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Both Natty and Toby have the tools.  They need to click it all together.  They're young in their careers as regulars at this level.

I have to admit concerns over both of them, but what is on their sides is they both seem like hard working lads who will do their very best to succeed.

Both still have a massive chance to be very good players for us over the next few years.

The one outfield player we miss the most (so our best player?!) is Halkett.  That is hard to argue with.  Go back 18 months and find JKB a thread on Halks....

My thoughts totally

Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Watching Sibbick I get the impression he does his best work outside of the penalty area but as soon as he runs back into it he seems to lose his bearings, often moving away from the danger man/area and ending up facing in the wrong direction ie away from the danger, such as the man with, or who is about to get, the ball. Personally I don't think he's a natural defender but is more comfortable in the midfield, both defensively and with the ball at his feet, where I think he could be quite effective.

Yeah maybe he could swap with Haring. Haring CB and Sibbick CDM

Wasn't Haring signed as a CB originally?

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

My thoughts entirely 👍

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Sam Greenwood :lol: No danger first team regular now

Didn't realised he'd been in the squad, Last I'd heard Swansea had made an approach on loan. 

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

He gets criticized for playing Halliday and for not playing Halliday 

He gets criticized for being too defensive but also for being too open

He gets criticized for playing Sibbick but some thought he had a good gameh

He has been criticized for not playing young Nielson yet would have been slaughtered if he had suffered a worse defeat and blamed for pitching in a lad with no experience 

He gets criticized for bringing back a 1 goal loss against the Swiss champions, a team who have a huge amount of experience at this level and have already played a few European ties this year. It's impossible for him to do right

The fact is, we need some extra quality, particularly if we reach the Europa League because we have so little European experience in this team. Their best player has played for Parma, Napoli, Galatasaraay and has 69 caps for Switzerland absolute bags of experience and that is what we will be up against constantly, we are throwing in a guy we picked up from league 1

best post in ages on here

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Juan Mata, give me strength 🤦🏽‍♂️

Literally just a list of free agents. Not suggesting we should consider going after him. 

MLS bound is my guess. 

Edited by Batistuta87

33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

???

These lists are a bit more in the clouds though chief.  Hey, what do I know!!!  Maybe!

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My thoughts totally

Toby is also a total dreamboat and I think we should always have a few.  Toby, Halks, Pete, Kingsley.  Porteous.  I mean... 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

These lists are a bit more in the clouds though chief.  Hey, what do I know!!!  Maybe!

Aye because our budget is closer to those clouds than ever! 

As always with these lists, there are some that might be within our means and some who will be way off - I've mentioned some (Mata, for instance) mainly for a bit of fun and really just to highlight who is actually still out there without a club. 

I remember folk saying Beni was one of those, because he was at Everton and "earning a fortune"... 

Edited by Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The Atkinson witch hunt is complete nonsense, he is not playing well with very good reason. Needs a proper period of rest and recovery to get his freshness back

You make it sound he was pulling up trees last season, he's been poor since his arrival.  He may be of use wide right, but he is never a full back at our level and the opposition know it.  We can't afford to keep playing him in the hope he comes good, get him out on loan.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Toby is also a total dreamboat and I think we should always have a few.  Toby, Halks, Pete, Kingsley.  Porteous.  I mean... 

There is that too actually

Aye because our budget is closer to those clouds as its ever been! 

As always with these lists, there are some that might be within our means and some who will be way off - I've mentioned them (Mata, for instance) mainly for a bit of fun and really just to highlight who is actually out there without a club. 

I know, I know.  Same with Carrol.  If this isn't the place to have a natter about nonsense like that, where is!!?  Juan Mata could maybe come in and learn at the teet of Barrie McKay I suppose

the sub goalie

Just read on Sky Sports that a few teams including a Scottish club are looking at Tyrese Francois on loan from Fulham.  22 year old Australian Central Midfielder, captained the Australia U23 team.  Wonder if we could be the Scottish team looking at him?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Didn't realised he'd been in the squad, Last I'd heard Swansea had made an approach on loan. 

One of Marschs favourites, wont be going anywhere, played in the relegation decider and regular sub, Leeds lacking forward options themselves, no chance.

Perkins more likely but since he has just arrived I wouldn't have thought so. Surprised you didnt have Mateo Joseph in your list, by far Leeds most exciting U23

Just now, TheBigO said:

I know, I know.  Same with Carrol.  If this isn't the place to have a natter about nonsense like that, where is!!?  Juan Mata could maybe come in and learn at the teet of Barrie McKay I suppose

I still maintain that Carroll is someone we should be looking at. He's 33 but his style of play fits right into what we need right now. All depends on what sort of money he'd want though and how his fitness is - neither of which of course I have the slightest clue about but that's something the club would go and find out if we looked into it. Maybe we already have. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You make it sound he was pulling up trees last season, he's been poor since his arrival.  He may be of use wide right, but he is never a full back at our level and the opposition know it.  We can't afford to keep playing him in the hope he comes good, get him out on loan.

Gloriously missing the point, he only played so much last season due to Smiths injury, boy hasn't had a proper break in ages. Loan is not really the answer to that, he needs a chance to come back into the team in less taxing matches and get his confidence and understanding back

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***