*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Gloriously missing the point, he only played so much last season due to Smiths injury, boy hasn't had a proper break in ages. Loan is not really the answer to that, he needs a chance to come back into the team in less taxing matches and get his confidence and understanding back

Not missing the point at all, no length of break will improve him. He got hooked against Ross County, at half time.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

One of Marschs favourites, wont be going anywhere, played in the relegation decider and regular sub, Leeds lacking forward options themselves, no chance.

Perkins more likely but since he has just arrived I wouldn't have thought so. Surprised you didnt have Mateo Joseph in your list, by far Leeds most exciting U23

Perkins would be more likely in that case yeah. Apparently there was a bit of a scramble for his signature though so would be surprising if they sent him up here. Still - could be one of those where if you don't ask.... 

Joseph slipped through the net aye. He doesn't have a value assigned to him in Transfermrkt and I only looked at players who do (assuming those without values were either too young or hadn't played enough football to determine any kind of value). I missed Alfie McCalmont for the same reason, although he's more of a DM which I'm not sure we need.

Joseph is some shout though, he looks class. 

Edited by Batistuta87

10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Gloriously missing the point, he only played so much last season due to Smiths injury, boy hasn't had a proper break in ages. Loan is not really the answer to that, he needs a chance to come back into the team in less taxing matches and get his confidence and understanding back

Agree with this. 

Took a bad knock in the final which he probably could have been doing with resting, and then went and played a World Cup qualifying campaign for Australia where he'd have clocked some amount of air miles playing the Asian fixtures. The only break he had was a week in Bali and a week back in Oz visiting his family, to then travel back here and go straight into training. He'll be absolutely done in and probably carrying a few knocks and strains. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Not missing the point at all, no length of break will improve him. He got hooked against Ross County, at half time.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Thought he went off injured after about half an hour?

He did, he was ill, but Chuck doesnt seem to think that is a factor at all.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Some Attacking Mids from the updated free agent list as well: 

Pelle Van Amersfoot (last club Cracovia) - brought him up the other day, tall, physical, good passer, a goal every few games in Poland last season. 

Tom Rogic (last club Celtic) - know exactly what we'd be getting. Still without a club somehow. 

Hatem Ben Arfa (last club LOSC Lille) - 35 now, but still fit as a fiddle and played plenty for Lille in Ligue 1. 

Juan Mata (last club Man Utd) - 34, as above, still fit as a fiddle, excellent playmaker, done it all. Still without a club, rejected a move to MLS because he wants to keep playing in Europe. Would be an absolute bank-breaker and I only include him for fun. 

"Ravanelli" (last club Sao Bernardo) - Great name, and adding some Brazilian flare to the team would be absolutely awesome. 

Adem Ljajic (last club Besiktas) - Peaks and troughs throughout his career. Now 30, definitely a very capable player on his day. 

David Tavares (last club Familicao) - "The good Tavares"? Brother to Nuno Tavares at Arsenal but not related to the Hibby one and twice the size of him - he's massive (6ft3) and decent with the ball at his feet. Would be shitting myself that he was another Jair though (although I was initially quite impressed when they signed him!).  

(Also as an FYI, nobody I've listed in either case have been well above the market value of the rest of our squad. Some would become most valuable, but not ridiculously so. Hardly any are worth more than £1M (s:Transfermarkt)). 

tremendous football manager list. Not sure any are probable in real terms. more likely priced out wage wise or completely unobtainable.

Adem Ljajic would be a phenomenal coup. Not sure what the "troughs" are fiorentina, roma, torino, inter... he would be some player and the pick of that for me. Albeit completely unlikely. 😞

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Toby is also a total dreamboat and I think we should always have a few.  Toby, Halks, Pete, Kingsley.  Porteous.  I mean... 

Harsh missing out Gordon and Mckay on your dreamboat radar.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Perkins would be more likely in that case yeah. Apparently there was a bit of a scramble for his signature though so would be surprising if they sent him up here. Still - could be one of those where if you don't ask.... 

Joseph slipped through the net aye. He doesn't have a value assigned to him in Transfermrkt and I only looked at players who do (assuming those without values were either too young or hadn't played enough football to determine any kind of value). I missed Alfie McCalmont from Leeds for the same reason, although he's more of a DM which I'm not sure we need.

Joseph is some shout though, he looks class. 

From what I can see from Leeds, may change now Bielsa is gone, but they didnt let anyone they rated out of their 23s, pretty much the dross that goes out except Drameh who upset Bielsa by going to Cardiff against his will.

They have a fairly strong academy and a new 23s manager in, I doubt anyone of consequence will leave. If you had to pick one it would be Joseph, but no surprise if he is on the bench Sunday against Chelsea

Just now, WageThief said:

Harsh missing out Gordon and Mckay on your dreamboat radar.

Hey, I only went for the defensive players, but you're totally right, both spunky as the bars.  Eck Cochrane has a cheeky wee grin enaw.

This has got away from me.

Fitba', beer, burds.

Right, who we signing then?

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

What do you mean by experiment? 

Atkinson is an Australian International. 

as in going for A league players not all of them will make it at this level of course cammy and rowles have done well though

2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

tremendous football manager list. Not sure any are probable in real terms. more likely priced out wage wise or completely unobtainable.

Adem Ljajic would be a phenomenal coup. Not sure what the "troughs" are fiorentina, roma, torino, inter... he would be some player and the pick of that for me. Albeit completely unlikely. 😞

I miss football manager :( haven't played it since about 2017. 

Like I say everyone was within the sort of market values that we've seen at Hearts before. Nobody was worth any more than £1M or so. Wages would be the stumbling block for most however being free agents they're currently earning £0, so it depends what sort of offers they have. We could get lucky and find that one of these guys has no offers on the table at the moment so will need to significantly drop his salary expectations.

If you don't ask.......

What we have been missing for ages in someone in the centre of midfield that drives the team, stands up, wants the ball and tries to control and dictate our game.  Someone who talks to all the others and influences them, tells the others in the team to pick their game up and organises them

Develop doesn’t quite fit that bill but is a live wire and great player, haring has good games but too quiet. Beni is a huge miss for us, but have him next to a proper leader and it changes the midfield 

Who fits that bill in our price range is another story

10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He hasnt played more than 45 mins a match this season. He is not in need of a rest.

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He did, he was ill, but Chuck doesnt seem to think that is a factor at all.

"ill" aye OK, nothing to do with the fact he was getting turned inside out by the RC no.7.  You do realise clubs come out with this in order to protect the player when they're hooked for having a howler?

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

From what I can see from Leeds, may change now Bielsa is gone, but they didnt let anyone they rated out of their 23s, pretty much the dross that goes out except Drameh who upset Bielsa by going to Cardiff against his will.

They have a fairly strong academy and a new 23s manager in, I doubt anyone of consequence will leave. If you had to pick one it would be Joseph, but no surprise if he is on the bench Sunday against Chelsea

Nice one. I'm not massively up to speed on Leeds so another reason I didn't dip into them that much. I work in London sometimes and the guys down there are Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Reading fans so I know a little about them and have spoken about us loaning from them etc. The Reading fan is the reason for my Andy Carroll obsession haha. Says he was absolutely brilliant for them and he was gutted when he left. 

34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

And why would loaning a youngster from Chelsea be so impossible that its "off topic"?? His market value is about £300k!

If his market value was around 300k there'd be teams lining up around the block to buy him.

34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Whether its possible or not its still on topic and is therefore a point for discussion. The kid has only played once for their U23 side so how's that more ridiculous than Mata lol? 

Because he's one of their highest rated young players. File him alongside someone like Chukwuemeka imo, who they just bought for about £20m!

1 minute ago, DarthVodka said:

What we have been missing for ages in someone in the centre of midfield that drives the team, stands up, wants the ball and tries to control and dictate our game.  Someone who talks to all the others and influences them, tells the others in the team to pick their game up and organises them

Develop doesn’t quite fit that bill but is a live wire and great player, haring has good games but too quiet. Beni is a huge miss for us, but have him next to a proper leader and it changes the midfield 

Who fits that bill in our price range is another story

You're probably right, but there's no getting away from the fact that Beni and Cammy are a cracking pairing.  Unlucky not to have them.  I like (love!) Big Pete but yeah last night didn't go well for him and perhaps he's a steady squad player now more than a 1st pick.  I like early signs of Grant too - thought he did OK last night (not sure many agree looking at the ratings thread).  He's more a neat player than someone to drive us - good to have him high up the pitch and be a good CM option in games we have lots of the ball.

Another CM in the mould you've described would be good.  Big athletic lad who plays with his head up and is willing to drive with or without the ball.  Issue is, doesn't everyone want that guy?  A budget Steven Gerrard basically

19 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Just read on Sky Sports that a few teams including a Scottish club are looking at Tyrese Francois on loan from Fulham.  22 year old Australian Central Midfielder, captained the Australia U23 team.  Wonder if we could be the Scottish team looking at him?

It seems very likely we'd be the Scottish team given we'll be aware of him via the Rowles/Atkinson/Devlin connection and the fact he's a left-sided CM (like Davenport). Not OF level but has made a couple of cameos in the EPL so possibly out of reach for the smaller clubs.

Started their first game last season but missed most of the rest of the year through injury. Came on as a last minute sub at the weekend.

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If his market value was around 300k there'd be teams lining up around the block to buy him.

Because he's one of their highest rated young players. File him alongside someone like Chukwuemeka imo, who they just bought for about £20m!

Rubbish. Chukwuemeka is different gravy and has been registered straight into the first team. File him alongside Eduardo Camavinga, under the wonderkid cartegory. Vale is good but he's nowhere near that level currently. File him near Billy Gilmour. 

But anwyay, Ben Woodburn was one of Liverpool's most promising youngsters once upon a time...... Meshino was one of Man City's exciting prospects....... Sometimes a loan to someone like us is an attractive proposition for these clubs. Toughens them up, and certainly in the case of this season gives them a punt at playing in Europe. 

Rips ma knitting when folk give it "No way we;re signing so-and-so - you;re on drugs" etc. It's a bit of fun and I'm in no way suggesting we're going out to sign these guys. 

Edited by Batistuta87

47 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The Atkinson witch hunt is complete nonsense, he is not playing well with very good reason. Needs a proper period of rest and recovery to get his freshness back

Atkinson has something there is no doubt about that.

However what he doesn’t have is defensive acumen. He’s a bombscare defensively and I’ve lost count of the number of times he’s been either ripped a new one, or given the hook, or both. We’ll need to soldier on with Smith who’s got a season left in him or we need to sign a RWB in the next 13 days. It’s a glaring hole and I despair if RN and Savage can’t see a leaky gap needing plugged urgently on the right side of defence. Having a quality RCB might help Atkinson

Haven't heard any more or know if he is elsewhere or staying put but did see someone mention Greenwood. 

We did make an enquiry for a loan a while back.  I mentioned that at the beginning of this thread somewhere  without naming him. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Rubbish. Chukwuemeka is different gravy and has been registered straight into the first team. File him alongside Eduardo Camavinga, under the wonderkid cartegory. Vale is good but he's nowhere near that level currently. 

But anwyay, Ben Woodburn was one of Liverpool's most promising youngsters once upon a time...... Meshino was one of Man City's exciting prospects....... Sometimes a loan to someone like us is an attractive proposition for these clubs. Toughens them up, and certainly in the case of this season gives them a punt at playing in Europe. 

Rips ma knitting when folk give it "No way we;re signing so-and-so - you;re on drugs" etc. It's a bit of fun and I'm in no way suggesting we're going out to sign these guys. 

Ben Woodburn was 21 or something when he came to us and was then released by Liverpool.

Meshino was never close to the Man City first team as was also in his early 20s at Hearts.

If Vale hasn't cut it by that age then yes, sure he becomes an option for a team like us.

The kids 18 years old with first team minutes at Chelsea...he's not coming to Hearts, sadly.

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Haven't heard any more or know if he is elsewhere or staying put but did see someone mention Greenwood. 

We did make an enquiry for a loan a while back.  I mentioned that at the beginning of this thread somewhere  without naming him. 

^Another reason I meantioned him, becuse Daz said we'd enquired about a young Leeds striker which we worked out to be Greenwood. 

Bazzas right boot

Cheers Tosh, as long as someone appreciates it 👍

👍

Really is Interesting. 

More so as if we can get 2/3 seasons of European group football we might be able to attract more of these types. 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Yeah maybe he could swap with Haring. Haring CB and Sibbick CDM

Wasn't Haring signed as a CB originally?

Might work, or even be the best solution, in the "emergency" situation we find ourselves in. I believe he played at CB against Brora and that didn't go well, but then he had Stewart behind him :ermm: and everyone else was very poor that day too. :facepalm:

Certainly, the more I see of Sibbick in central defence, the more I think he'd be better as a defensive mid! He did improve when he went across to the RB / RWB slot though.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Sibbick played well under Stendel but that was playing defensive midfield and not as a Centre Back! 🤷‍♂️

2 games iirc. 

He was also  OK in a poor Hearts team. 

This longer spell seems more indicative of his quality. 

If he's a dm then he's behind Haring,  Devlin,  Beni,  Smith even Halliday. 

I hope he's no where near our midfield but Tbh he can't play defence,  he's not good enough. 

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

not only is smith better than atkinson who ive been telling u all for months isnt a football player so is neilson id get him out in jan hes been a failed experiment cost us in too many games

tend to agree. also like the look of Neilson

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The Atkinson witch hunt is complete nonsense, he is not playing well with very good reason. Needs a proper period of rest and recovery to get his freshness back

Exactly! Zero credit for winning the pen and crucified for their first goal. Some absolute zoomers in our support!

Tim Irogbunam (Villa) - Actively looking for a loan move for him - Stevie G is a big fan, similar in style to him, another good young player who will break through eventually.

Gerrard has spoken about keeping him around the first team, but if he was available, Irogbunam would be a fantastic loan addition. I will say his playing style is definitely not similar to Gerrard though. A bit more defensive, but still a very good passer of the ball. Villa have quite a few exciting youngsters…if Villa sign another striker and let Cameron Archer go out for game time, he would be the pick of the litter and score tons of goals in this league. I imagine both will have plenty of interest from the Championship though. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Juan Mata (last club Man Utd) - 34, as above, still fit as a fiddle, excellent playmaker, done it all. Still without a club, rejected a move to MLS because he wants to keep playing in Europe. Would be an absolute bank-breaker and I only include him for fun. 

I would love us to approach this type of player but it would (obviously)have to be along the lines of ".. the OF have won our league for the last 30 odd years, come and help us separate/beat them and prove you are one of the best!"... lets face it, we can't appeal to their wallets but we CAN appeal to their ego. Who knows maybe one or two would be up for the challenge whilst living in one of Europe's most beautiful cities! Our club has a lot going for it these days.

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly! Zero credit for winning the pen and crucified for their first goal. Some absolute zoomers in our support!

It’s not just their first goal let’s be honest. It’s a growing catalogue of bombscare games where he cost goals, was ineffective, got taken to the cleaners and hooked. yes he has done some good stuff in forward areas and he might well do as cover in some forward areas, but he isn’t currently good enough defensively, in fact he’s become a liability defensively, especially in big games 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

You're probably right, but there's no getting away from the fact that Beni and Cammy are a cracking pairing.  Unlucky not to have them.  I like (love!) Big Pete but yeah last night didn't go well for him and perhaps he's a steady squad player now more than a 1st pick.  I like early signs of Grant too - thought he did OK last night (not sure many agree looking at the ratings thread).  He's more a neat player than someone to drive us - good to have him high up the pitch and be a good CM option in games we have lots of the ball.

Another CM in the mould you've described would be good.  Big athletic lad who plays with his head up and is willing to drive with or without the ball.  Issue is, doesn't everyone want that guy?  A budget Steven Gerrard basically

Gerard was good. In my mind it was a Patrick Viera type that gives grant, McKay, boyce etc freedom 

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

best post in ages on here

It's just frustrating to read the constant criticism with little to no balance, bar Gordon we have practically no European experience in our first 11, no matter where we play this year it will be a steep learning curve against more streetwise opponents. 

What is important, in fact the most important thing, is that we use this year to learn, bolster the team and get back in the same position next season with a bit of experience and add some more quality  

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

He gets criticized for playing Halliday and for not playing Halliday 

He gets criticized for being too defensive but also for being too open

He gets criticized for playing Sibbick but some thought he had a good gameh

He has been criticized for not playing young Nielson yet would have been slaughtered if he had suffered a worse defeat and blamed for pitching in a lad with no experience 

He gets criticized for bringing back a 1 goal loss against the Swiss champions, a team who have a huge amount of experience at this level and have already played a few European ties this year. It's impossible for him to do right

The fact is, we need some extra quality, particularly if we reach the Europa League because we have so little European experience in this team. Their best player has played for Parma, Napoli, Galatasaraay and has 69 caps for Switzerland absolute bags of experience and that is what we will be up against constantly, we are throwing in a guy we picked up from league 1

absolutely spot on 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

19 minutes ago, AmeriDan said:

Gerrard has spoken about keeping him around the first team, but if he was available, Irogbunam would be a fantastic loan addition. I will say his playing style is definitely not similar to Gerrard though. A bit more defensive, but still a very good passer of the ball. Villa have quite a few exciting youngsters…if Villa sign another striker and let Cameron Archer go out for game time, he would be the pick of the litter and score tons of goals in this league. I imagine both will have plenty of interest from the Championship though. 

He is more defensive yes - but (like SG) has a fantastic range of passing and a powerful shot. Read a story last week some time saying they were looking to get him out on loan if the right offer came in. 

16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I would love us to approach this type of player but it would (obviously)have to be along the lines of ".. the OF have won our league for the last 30 odd years, come and help us separate/beat them and prove you are one of the best!"... lets face it, we can't appeal to their wallets but we CAN appeal to their ego. Who knows maybe one or two would be up for the challenge whilst living in one of Europe's most beautiful cities! Our club has a lot going for it these days.

Totally haha - But add... "And you'd need to do it for 1% of what you got at Man Utd"... :D 

You're right though. I would love it if we're being ambitious and approaching players who have played at a very high level. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeah, cause paid professionals will check up on posts on here for transfer targets. You can't believe that, even if you typed it 

I do believe it is possible.

Competent professionals seek info from everywhere and anywhere but thanks for your constructive input.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I do believe it is possible.

Competent professionals seek info from everywhere and anywhere but thanks for your constructive input.

Was confirmed on the BBC documentary that they look on here. 

Ignore. 

jamboinglasgow

When do you think the first credible news will come out of a player we are in talks for that hasn't already been mentioned.

I am going to say Sunday night.

14 minutes ago, Bozi said:

It's just frustrating to read the constant criticism with little to no balance, bar Gordon we have practically no European experience in our first 11, no matter where we play this year it will be a steep learning curve against more streetwise opponents. 

What is important, in fact the most important thing, is that we use this year to learn, bolster the team and get back in the same position next season with a bit of experience and add some more quality  

Shankland looked comfortable on that stage. I think a season in Belgium has been massive for his development. Looks a far more rounded player than the one who left Dundee United.

I wonder if Halliday should play. He's got European experience at Rangers and while playing for Qarabag.    

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

When do you think the first credible news will come out of a player we are in talks for that hasn't already been mentioned.

You need to be more specific... month, year etc. 😉

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

January 28th 

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Shankland looked comfortable on that stage. I think a season in Belgium has been massive for his development. Looks a far more rounded player than the one who left Dundee United.

I wonder if Halliday should play. He's got European experience at Rangers and while playing for Qarabag.    

I've been very impressed with Shankland.. so much so I've almost completely forgotten about Simms! We're certainly no worse off, that's for sure. With him and McKay on the pitch, we've ALWAYS got a goal in us IMO.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

"ill" aye OK, nothing to do with the fact he was getting turned inside out by the RC no.7.  You do realise clubs come out with this in order to protect the player when they're hooked for having a howler?

Genuinely hope you dont have children

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Halliday might bring experience but think we will need more mobility, 

Sibbick lost his man too often for my liking, he is also far too narrow, it's no surprise that Atkinson has looked poor every time that Sibbick has been on the right of the defence

Rubbish. Chukwuemeka is different gravy and has been registered straight into the first team. File him alongside Eduardo Camavinga, under the wonderkid cartegory. Vale is good but he's nowhere near that level currently. File him near Billy Gilmour. 

Quite correct B87

loving your research and knowledge 

keep it up please

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tyrese Francois being sought after from Fulham by Scottish, Portugese and Croatian clubs on loan

Australian Under 23 international

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not just their first goal let’s be honest. It’s a growing catalogue of bombscare games where he cost goals, was ineffective, got taken to the cleaners and hooked. yes he has done some good stuff in forward areas and he might well do as cover in some forward areas, but he isn’t currently good enough defensively, in fact he’s become a liability defensively, especially in big games 

I would haul him out now, for all the reasons stated already this morning. Some folk have zero empathy and believe players are robots. He is not going to get any better while they keep throwing him under the bus, last season they had to, it was stated from the outset, he was to be developed, we are now doing the opposite. I think he needs a chance to get his breath

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nice one. I'm not massively up to speed on Leeds so another reason I didn't dip into them that much. I work in London sometimes and the guys down there are Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Reading fans so I know a little about them and have spoken about us loaning from them etc. The Reading fan is the reason for my Andy Carroll obsession haha. Says he was absolutely brilliant for them and he was gutted when he left. 

Its what fire is left in the belly of these players. I know when I got older, junior and amateur football, when I dropped down the levels eventually was never the same. As much heart as skill.

Leeds have just loaned McKinstry back to Motherwell, tells me he is not going to make it.

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was confirmed on the BBC documentary that they look on here. 

Ignore. 

Only an idiot would think otherwise.

One Jambo poster who lives abroad recently posted about his young son being sought after by a biggish foreign club and, but for this, HMFC would probably not have known about him.  That is not to say they would have followed it up but at least they had the chance before it was too late

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***