*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

8 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hibs have seemingly offered a deal and the poor lad is stalling. 

their wage bill must be off the scales, which is pleasing 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

8 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hibs have seemingly offered a deal and the poor lad is stalling. 

All the more reason to get in there before them.

9 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Certainly not where I hoped or thought we would be but there is still time. 

I had Atkinson and Devlin down as two players who would show the most improvement season over season. Not looking good on my Atkinson shout so far. 

Devlin is good.

Atkinson nowhere near the required level.

After last night, without being knee-jerk, we need a CB, a CM and a forward similar in presence to Ellis Simms.

And they need to be starters, not squad fillers.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Devlin is good.

Atkinson nowhere near the required level.

After last night, without being knee-jerk, we need a CB, a CM and a forward similar in presence to Ellis Simms.

And they need to be starters, not squad fillers.

100%

But we have needed this since the end of last season,for all our recruitment guys have been lauded they need need to get the finger out here and earn their crust.

Add in a GK aswell.

UchesPackage

andy halliday may as well stay in the hoose , neilson makes changes in the midfield and pushed sibbick to right back and smith in midfield. Must be killing him as he proved last season he is more than capable 

5 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

andy halliday may as well stay in the hoose , neilson makes changes in the midfield and pushed sibbick to right back and smith in midfield. Must be killing him as he proved last season he is more than capable 

Doesn't Nielson normally get criticised for bringing Halliday

on ?

UchesPackage
2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

on ?

no idea but baffles me when he puts smith into midfield when that is  hallidays position 

Was speaking to a Rangers supporting friend re Balogun, apparently the reason he didn't re-sign at Rangers is because he wants a 2 year deal and Rangers would only offer a year. Not sure that we would be prepared to offer that given his age etc.

We badly need another central midfield player that can retain possession better. That's probably the poorest I've seen Haring play for us in a long time, he gave it away all night or conceded cheap fouls. He looked panicked in possession all the time. He may be decent for most run of the mill league games but if we want to go up a level we need to recruit someone in there that is better. 

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Tha amount of free headers we have got away with already this season is concerning.  Our luck must be due to run out.

Kingsley and Halkett are the only ones who are commanding at dealing with cross balls. As last night showed we lost 2 goals due to initially poor headed clearances, one from Atkinson, one from Grant then Atkinson again made a complete hash at timing his jump to clear the ball flicked up off of Grant. 

15 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

We badly need another central midfield player that can retain possession better. That's probably the poorest I've seen Haring play for us in a long time, he gave it away all night or conceded cheap fouls. He looked panicked in possession all the time. He may be decent for most run of the mill league games but if we want to go up a level we need to recruit someone in there that is better. 

He was terrible,  so slow and pedestrian and put us in trouble a lot last night. The Zurich players knew this and swarmed him at every opportunity. Grant I thought looks composed throughout the game. We're still in this but we need someone in the middle who's quicker at this level and a replacement for Halkett, he's going to be a huge miss. Its no coincidence we conceded x2 in quick succession after he went off injured 

14 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Are we allowed to add to the squad for next Thursday ?

Even if we could,  I'm not all convinced we are even close to bringing one player in, never mind the 3 we desperately need 

Gimme an H...

Haring was targeted last night. They rightly pinpointed him as our best central midfielder and swarmed him whenever he got the ball.

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

Haring was targeted last night. They rightly pinpointed him as our best central midfielder and swarmed him whenever he got the ball.

He’s too slow and often wants too much time on the ball. 

10 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

This.

Haring is quality and we're lucky to still have him. He had a bad game last night but that's down to the way he was constantly pressed and wasn't allowed the time he normally has to pick a pass. Everyone was alright last night. Atkinson didn't cope with their wingers but he's otherwise been very good for us and does not deserve to be hung out to dry like many are attempting to do. We don't need to sign a RB either like some are suggesting on Fudbook and Twatter. 

What we need is a quality attacking mid with a bit of physical presence who can thread it in to our strikers, who has Euro experience and who will be calm and confident in these big games. We also need a RCB, and a big Simms/Carroll type attacker to throw up front and win some headers. 

Stop looking for someone to blame, take it on the chin that we got beat by a better side, and get behind the team for the 2nd leg.

Raging at Boyce for not squaring it to Shankland late on though. He would have burried it. Up there with how raging I was at Stuart Armstrong v England.

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we are still light in midfield in terms of quality, nobody who can really get on the ball and keep it. Beni best we have and he is missed.

Atkinson, people not just seeing why he is off form. The guy is worn out and really needs a holiday, came straight here, played, had the Australian WC play offs, played well there, gets about 2 or 3 weeks off, right back in, gets ill and really is nowhere near his form as a result. He is human. Smith probably needs to play the next 5 weeks or so and let Atkinson get back up to speed, but he is not going to get that luxury. 

Certainly not helped by the other glaring issue, no aggressive defender bar Halkett, what we have seen Beni and Halkett have no proper alternative

56 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

In fairness Halliday has come on every league game and will likely start at the weekend. He will get plenty opportunities. 

Edited by karipidis

We're light everywhere tbh.

We badly need to get people in and they really need to hit the ground running.

We're running out of time and important games are everywhere.

Fozzyonthefence
39 minutes ago, PapaShango said:That's probably the poorest I've seen Haring play for us in a long time

It was the worst Haring has played since the first half v Ross County a couple of weeks ago where he was probably even worse!  I like Haring but think his best days are behind him.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It was the worst Haring has played since the first half v Ross County a couple of weeks ago where he was probably even worse!  I like Haring but think his best days are behind him.

I'd be tempted to play Halliday alongside Devlin for Thursday night, Halliday would thrive with the atmosphere we're going to create 

20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This.

Haring is quality and we're lucky to still have him. He had a bad game last night but that's down to the way he was constantly pressed and wasn't allowed the time he normally has to pick a pass. Everyone was alright last night. Atkinson didn't cope with their wingers but he's otherwise been very good for us and does not deserve to be hung out to dry like many are attempting to do. We don't need to sign a RB either like some are suggesting on Fudbook and Twatter. 

What we need is a quality attacking mid with a bit of physical presence who can thread it in to our strikers, who has Euro experience and who will be calm and confident in these big games. We also need a RCB, and a big Simms/Carroll type attacker to throw up front and win some headers. 

Stop looking for someone to blame, take it on the chin that we got beat by a better side, and get behind the team for the 2nd leg.

Raging at Boyce for not squaring it to Shankland late on though. He would have burried it. Up there with how raging I was at Stuart Armstrong v England.

I was more raging at Ginnelly being a lazy ****er in the last minute for not getting back onside! If he had he would have been clean through.

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If Balogan has refused terms at Rangers there is zero chance of him accepting anything we can offer.

Think he was only offered a year and wanted two. I don't know if he's worth that but we desperately need a RCB in the door and a composed midfielder. I thought Grant was decent last night but we need someone who can control games better than what we have. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I was more raging at Ginnelly being a lazy ****er in the last minute for not getting back onside! If he had he would have been clean through.

He’s offside a lot. Something he hasn’t improved on since day 1 with us. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I certainly have always thought we needed another CB, think most of us have wanted another (we all wants loadsa signings anyway) but the noises from the club have not exactly given us any indication that’s the case. And the ITK chat has not exactly been correct much this window, so can take anything said with a pinch of salt - such as Boyata! :lol: I do think the club weren’t going for a defender. Halkett’s injury, even if just a scare and not out for long, might just prompt them into a change of tact though.

Bob has said he would like another defender 

Apart from that,  aye no signs from the club. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s offside a lot. Something he hasn’t improved on since day 1 with us. 

It was so frustrating, just didn't anticipate that Boyce would win the flick on. If he had got onside he was in for a clear run at goal. Maybe we should have brought him on earlier as it may have been a factor but I almost took my tv off the wall shouting at him! 

Had another look at the free agent list now that more players have been released etc. Some right-footed CBs: 

Salif Sane (last club Schalke) - 6 foot 5 monster who fits the "been there, done that" requirement. Jambo Soldier MkII? 

Michael Hector (last club Fulham) - always had a quick pair of heels, has played in EPL, Bundesliga... 

Joris Gnagnon (last club St Etienne) - quality ball-playing Ivorian. Was wanted by Notts Forrest last season. 

Sava Arangel Cestic (last club HNK Rijecka) - only 21, spent last season in Croatia having spent his teens in Germany. 

Emil Bergstrom (last club Utrecht) - plenty experience in Sweden, Holland, Switzerland and Russia, still only 29. 

Jan Bamert (last club FC Sion) - might have helped us last night since he's been in Switzerland his whole career. 24yo, capped up to U21s.

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

on ?

He gets criticized for playing Halliday and for not playing Halliday 

He gets criticized for being too defensive but also for being too open

He gets criticized for playing Sibbick but some thought he had a good gameh

He has been criticized for not playing young Nielson yet would have been slaughtered if he had suffered a worse defeat and blamed for pitching in a lad with no experience 

He gets criticized for bringing back a 1 goal loss against the Swiss champions, a team who have a huge amount of experience at this level and have already played a few European ties this year. It's impossible for him to do right

The fact is, we need some extra quality, particularly if we reach the Europa League because we have so little European experience in this team. Their best player has played for Parma, Napoli, Galatasaraay and has 69 caps for Switzerland absolute bags of experience and that is what we will be up against constantly, we are throwing in a guy we picked up from league 1

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This.

Disagree reference Haring,  he's part of our midfield issues. 

He's only good if he has 19 yards of space and yu don't get that at a higher level. 

Stendelnator
1 hour ago, UchesPackage said:

Smith was already on the park as a sub for Atkinson and we’d used a sub already. We ended up bringing on three forwards after him. Imagine we’d brought on Halliday while 2-1 down? There’d be a meltdown 

not only is smith better than atkinson who ive been telling u all for months isnt a football player so is neilson id get him out in jan hes been a failed experiment cost us in too many games

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Masonic said:

not only is smith better than atkinson who ive been telling u all for months isnt a football player so is neilson id get him out in jan hes been a failed experiment cost us in too many games

Neilson?

Leveins Battalion

The problem with Atkinson is that he is the poster boy for George Brown and championed by Savage as he was signed purely on stats,it worked with Devlin but as many Hearts fans have found out he is nowhere near the level of Smith.Certain fans views have maybe been skewed by the fact he won his 1st International cap,he cannot defend to save himself.Now we heard the excuses v Ross County that he was unwell when their little number 7 turned him inside out for 45 minutes before he got hooked,the same again last night.IMO he had a huge part in both goals last night.

Sibbick is a strange one,i think if you asked any Hearts fan prior to his return we would of bitten your hand off and Savage and co have probably spoken to staff/players at the club rather than 'Scouting' him,personally i think he has ability he just thinks he is better than he is and needs a rocket up the arse.

Jambo in Bathgate
9 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Oh my goodness. Did you see Atkinson being pushed at their first goal. VAR would have ruled that no goal, because of the foul. The second goal was Haring leaving a man with acres of room. Atkinson also took a sore one on the top of the foot. 

Some Attacking Mids from the updated free agent list as well: 

Pelle Van Amersfoot (last club Cracovia) - brought him up the other day, tall, physical, good passer, a goal every few games in Poland last season. 

Tom Rogic (last club Celtic) - know exactly what we'd be getting. Still without a club somehow. 

Hatem Ben Arfa (last club LOSC Lille) - 35 now, but still fit as a fiddle and played plenty for Lille in Ligue 1. 

Juan Mata (last club Man Utd) - 34, as above, still fit as a fiddle, excellent playmaker, done it all. Still without a club, rejected a move to MLS because he wants to keep playing in Europe. Would be an absolute bank-breaker and I only include him for fun. 

"Ravanelli" (last club Sao Bernardo) - Great name, and adding some Brazilian flare to the team would be absolutely awesome. 

Adem Ljajic (last club Besiktas) - Peaks and troughs throughout his career. Now 30, definitely a very capable player on his day. 

David Tavares (last club Familicao) - "The good Tavares"? Brother to Nuno Tavares at Arsenal but not related to the Hibby one and twice the size of him - he's massive (6ft3) and decent with the ball at his feet. Would be shitting myself that he was another Jair though (although I was initially quite impressed when they signed him!).  

(Also as an FYI, nobody I've listed in either case have been well above the market value of the rest of our squad. Some would become most valuable, but not ridiculously so. Hardly any are worth more than £1M (s:Transfermarkt)). 

Atkinson surging ahead in the  great kickback scape goat race, Sibbick trying to keep up with Robbie still hovering around in the medal positions . 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pelle Van Amersfoot (last club Cracovia) - brought him up the other day, tall, physical, good passer, a goal every few games in Poland last season. 

Tom Rogic (last club Celtic) - know exactly what we'd be getting. Still without a club somehow. 

Hatem Ben Arfa (last club LOSC Lille) - 35 now, but still fit as a fiddle and played plenty for Lille in Ligue 1. 

Juan Mata (last club Man Utd) - 34, as above, still fit as a fiddle, excellent playmaker, done it all. Still without a club, rejected a move to MLS because he wants to keep playing in Europe. Would be an absolute bank-breaker and I only include him for fun. 

"Ravanelli" (last club Sao Bernardo) - Great name, and adding some Brazilian flare to the team would be absolutely awesome. 

Adem Ljajic (last club Besiktas) - Peaks and troughs throughout his career. Now 30, definitely a very capable player on his day. 

David Tavares (last club Familicao) - "The good Tavares"? Brother to Nuno Tavares at Arsenal but not related to the Hibby one and twice the size of him - he's massive (6ft3) and decent with the ball at his feet. Would be shitting myself that he was another Jair though (although I was initially quite impressed when they signed him!).  

(Also as an FYI, nobody I've listed in either case have been well above the market value of the rest of our squad. Some would become most valuable, but not ridiculously so. Hardly any are worth more than £1M (s:Transfermarkt)). 

Rogic,  mentioned him earlier. 

He said he didn't want to go home and we have a few auzzies. Can he be the mentoring / coaching type,  does it interest him?

He might get daft money in a rNdom country,  but if not we should be all over him. 

Atkinson benefits from having experience behind him. As others have said you have VAR last night the first goal gets chopped off, although you expect him to defend it a bit better. Our entire defence was out of shape though, Sibbick is the right centre back but was nowhere to be seen. The 2nd goal is a culmination of a few players not doing their job although again Atkinson needs to be stronger. They targeted him last night especially after the penalty award, these are steep learning curves for our players and we need to stand up to them better. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

The problem with Atkinson is that he is the poster boy for George Brown and championed by Savage as he was signed purely on stats,it worked with Devlin but as many Hearts fans have found out he is nowhere near the level of Smith.Certain fans views have maybe been skewed by the fact he won his 1st International cap,he cannot defend to save himself.Now we heard the excuses v Ross County that he was unwell when their little number 7 turned him inside out for 45 minutes before he got hooked,the same again last night.IMO he had a huge part in both goals last night.

Sibbick is a strange one,i think if you asked any Hearts fan prior to his return we would of bitten your hand off and Savage and co have probably spoken to staff/players at the club rather than 'Scouting' him,personally i think he has ability he just thinks he is better than he is and needs a rocket up the arse.

Is he though? I never have seen Atkinson been talked about as stats. It was Devlin they found from looking at stats and talked about.

We as a fan base are too quick to dismiss players, or if a player has some bad games we overvalue their weaknesses and undervalue their strengths. So an average performance becomes labelled poor as they made an error. Its the same with Sibbick, thought he had an ok game last night but as his positioning was off occasionally it becomes a terrible performance.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rogic,  mentioned him earlier. 

He said he didn't want to go home and we have a few auzzies. Can he be the mentoring / coaching type,  does it interest him?

He might get daft money in a rNdom country,  but if not we should be all over him. 

I think if Rogic was happening it would have by now. He's exactly the type who would have been required last night, an excellent player but can't ever see him in a Hearts shirt unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Masonic said:

What do you mean by experiment? 

Atkinson is an Australian International. 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is he though? I never have seen Atkinson been talked about as stats. It was Devlin they found from looking at stats and talked about.

We as a fan base are too quick to dismiss players, or if a player has some bad games we overvalue their weaknesses and undervalue their strengths. So an average performance becomes labelled poor as they made an error. Its the same with Sibbick, thought he had an ok game last night but as his positioning was off occasionally it becomes a terrible performance.

Both Natty and Toby have the tools.  They need to click it all together.  They're young in their careers as regulars at this level.

I have to admit concerns over both of them, but what is on their sides is they both seem like hard working lads who will do their very best to succeed.

Both still have a massive chance to be very good players for us over the next few years.

The one outfield player we miss the most (so our best player?!) is Halkett.  That is hard to argue with.  Go back 18 months and find JKB a thread on Halks....

And some strikers: 

Izzy Brown (last club Preston) - comes up on here a lot. 25yo, quick, was in the Chelsea setup and about 10 loans later he left for Preston where he scored a goal every 10 games. Not an out and out striker though - would be more of a "10". 

Saido Berahino (last club Sheff Wed) - Can't believe he's still only 29. A goal every 3 or so games throughout his career. Previously been a bit of a fud though. 

Matej Vydra (last club Burnley) - Would be an awesome signing but not very tall so doesn't add height which we need up front.  

Kwang-Son Han (last club Al Duhali) - Came through the system at Juventus - was tipped for big things but they released him and he spent last season in Qatar. Released again. An interesting one for me though and certainly worth a mention. 

Andy Carroll (last club West Brom) - Must have mentioned him about 50 times. Would heeder anything, will wrestle with defenders to hold up the ball, would be absolutely ideal. Slight concern over his age (33) and a recent failed medical at Brugge. Currently getting himself fit with a PT in Spain.

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

And some strikers: 

Izzy Brown (last club Preston) - comes up on here a lot. 25yo, quick, was in the Chelsea setup and about 10 loans later he left for Preston where he scored a goal every 10 games. Not an out and out striker though - would be more of a "10". 

Saido Berahino (last club Sheff Wed) - Can't believe he's still only 29. A goal every 3 or so games throughout his career. Previously been a bit of a fud though. 

Matej Vydra (last club Burnley) - Would be an awesome signing but not very tall so doesn't add height which we need up front.  

Kwang-Son Han (last club Al Duhali) - Came through the system at Juventus - was tipped for big things but they released him and he spent last season in Qatar. Released again. An interesting one for me though and certainly worth a mention. 

Andy Carroll (last club West Brom) - Must have mentioned him about 50 times. Would heeder anything, will wrestle with defenders to hold up the ball, would be absolutely ideal. Slight concern over his age (33) and a recent failed medical at Brugge. Currently getting himself fit with a PT in Spain.

You've went mental Bati, son!  The Beni call fame has gone to yer heid!

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Both Natty and Toby have the tools.  They need to click it all together.  They're young in their careers as regulars at this level.

I have to admit concerns over both of them, but what is on their sides is they both seem like hard working lads who will do their very best to succeed.

Both still have a massive chance to be very good players for us over the next few years.

The one outfield player we miss the most (so our best player?!) is Halkett.  That is hard to argue with.  Go back 18 months and find JKB a thread on Halks....

Agree. Losing Halkett early on did not help and means it changes the dynamic of the backline. But as you say, people were happy for Halkett to leave at the start of last season, funny how things quickly change.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bob has said he would like another defender 

Apart from that,  aye no signs from the club. 

He said it at one point, but since then the words from Savage and articles in the EEN claiming to get their info from the club indicate one or two and those being an attacker and midfielder

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think if Rogic was happening it would have by now. He's exactly the type who would have been required last night, an excellent player but can't ever see him in a Hearts shirt unfortunately. 

Likley true, but Maybe waiting until the last minute. 

He'll end up in Qatar,  mls or something like that for daft money. 

I'm buying fm for the first time in years,  he'll be in my Hearts team. 🙄

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

He said it at one point, but since then the words from Savage and articles in the EEN claiming to get their info from the club indicate one or two and those being an attacker and midfielder

Guess we'll find out soon. 

19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

A weapons grade who causes problems everywhere he goes, and can only be arsed when it suits him.  The only team I'd will him to join would be Hibs so that he could speed up the implosion in the dressing room.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***