*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Whitburn Hearts
3 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Are we finding someone to blame again? 

Some fans would have us signing unrealistic players , financial wise is what I meant . 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Rick Sanchez

**** all to do with finances and all to do with decent players holding out for a better/bigger club IMO.

Everything to us...but we ain't all that until the players sign. Then the bond begins.

53 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Correct. 

Won us a penalty in an away European game. 

For their goal,  the middle ch has to drop deeper and attack the ball,  the very thing Halkett would do. 

Sibbick,  again in no man's land imo as he was for their second goal. 

Another issue tho. 

Was really annoyed yesterday because it was two cheap ****ing goals to lose. Obviously unfair to lay the blame squarely at Sibbick or Atkinsons door because we still had an hour after that point to score an equaliser. I think we looked a lot more comfortable when Robbie switched to a back 4 and yeah have the flexibility to switch between the two but we don't look as good playing the 343 as we do 4231. Square pegs in square holes = success. 

I think some responsibility needs to be taken that we don't have adequate cover for Halkett. Sibbick isn't a CB and I think the management need to acknowledge that. He could be a stand out CM based on his showing against Rangers under Stendel IMO but we're ruining the laddies confidence continually to play him in a position he's not best suited in. He didn't do awful, some nice ball retention etc but the first goal Halkett gets it because he's a CB that knows his role, obviously injured so we lose that experience at the back. 

Atkinson is far from terrible, he won us that penalty because he's very good going forward and has pace and an ability to carry the ball forward with a willingness to take players on. But again, questions I think Robbie should be asking is why did we not spot the overload down the right side and why was Atkinson so isolated. I think it comes back to not having a proper replacement for Halkett. 

I don't know if European squads are now finalised but if so we've let ourselves down here I think. 

Still in the tie, but if we cannot replace Halkett because the squads are final then its a really stomach churner. I'd maybe think about either Smith or Haring instead Haring isn't a CB and doesn't play there for a reason, but he's got more experience than Sibbick and switching them around might be a good call. Smith we know can cover CB exceptionally well and he might be able to talk Atkinson through the games from a defensive perspective. 

For the league though, we absolutely need to get a right footed CB in pronto. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was really annoyed yesterday because it was two cheap ****ing goals to lose. Obviously unfair to lay the blame squarely at Sibbick or Atkinsons door because we still had an hour after that point to score an equaliser. I think we looked a lot more comfortable when Robbie switched to a back 4 and yeah have the flexibility to switch between the two but we don't look as good playing the 343 as we do 4231. Square pegs in square holes = success. 

I think some responsibility needs to be taken that we don't have adequate cover for Halkett. Sibbick isn't a CB and I think the management need to acknowledge that. He could be a stand out CM based on his showing against Rangers under Stendel IMO but we're ruining the laddies confidence continually to play him in a position he's not best suited in. He didn't do awful, some nice ball retention etc but the first goal Halkett gets it because he's a CB that knows his role, obviously injured so we lose that experience at the back. 

Atkinson is far from terrible, he won us that penalty because he's very good going forward and has pace and an ability to carry the ball forward with a willingness to take players on. But again, questions I think Robbie should be asking is why did we not spot the overload down the right side and why was Atkinson so isolated. I think it comes back to not having a proper replacement for Halkett. 

I don't know if European squads are now finalised but if so we've let ourselves down here I think. 

Still in the tie, but if we cannot replace Halkett because the squads are final then its a really stomach churner. I'd maybe think about either Smith or Haring instead Haring isn't a CB and doesn't play there for a reason, but he's got more experience than Sibbick and switching them around might be a good call. Smith we know can cover CB exceptionally well and he might be able to talk Atkinson through the games from a defensive perspective. 

Agree,  but I've have Sibbick no where near the midfield. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

CB, CM and a FW of first XI quality needed. 

Totally agree and would add another midfield player. One play maker and a sitter. It's got to be quality now simply to cope coming in late with so many high profile games 

Trying to buy tickets for the home game but can’t see the game listed? Anyone having similar issues?

Edited by SectionN

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, SectionN said:

Trying to buy tickets for the home game but can’t see the game listed? Anyone having similar issues?

Not available yet probably tomorrow morning

28 minutes ago, OTT said:

Think people are being a bit previous writing off Sibbick and Atkinson.

Think both play better with Halkett and/or Smith alongside 

6 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

What we have been missing for ages in someone in the centre of midfield that drives the team, stands up, wants the ball and tries to control and dictate our game.  Someone who talks to all the others and influences them, tells the others in the team to pick their game up and organises them

Develop doesn’t quite fit that bill but is a live wire and great player, haring has good games but too quiet. Beni is a huge miss for us, but have him next to a proper leader and it changes the midfield 

Who fits that bill in our price range is another story

Couldn't agree more. We are very pedestrian in the centre of the park right now. Really missing something. Currently the centre midfield is good enough to compete at SPL level other than the old firm but as we saw last night we're quite a way off competing with decent European teams. We did well to keep it to a one goal deficit and hopefully we can use a packed tynecastle to our benefit however even if we do get through we'll struggle in the middle of the park if we don't strengthen there.

10 hours ago, UchesPackage said:

andy halliday may as well stay in the hoose , neilson makes changes in the midfield and pushed sibbick to right back and smith in midfield. Must be killing him as he proved last season he is more than capable 

Wasn’t his type of game. 

upgotheheads
7 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

What we have been missing for ages in someone in the centre of midfield that drives the team, stands up, wants the ball and tries to control and dictate our game.  Someone who talks to all the others and influences them, tells the others in the team to pick their game up and organises them

Develop doesn’t quite fit that bill but is a live wire and great player, haring has good games but too quiet. Beni is a huge miss for us, but have him next to a proper leader and it changes the midfield 

Who fits that bill in our price range is another story

Sadly Dave MacKay died a while back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sunday a really good game for Neilson. 

He either finds out his team is improving or forces board to get the right players in if the result is a poor one 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I for one can’t wait until the Scandinavian player eventually joins

I agree. He sounds like a great signing.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

Joe Savage can't go shopping in Harrods if Ann Budge only gives him Aldi amounts of pocket money . 

She doesn't quite stretch to Aldi. She gives him a Home Bargains.......Budget. 

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What have you heard, are you ITK??

16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Sunday a really good game for Neilson. 

He either finds out his team is improving or forces board to get the right players in if the result is a poor one 

I fear for us on Sunday and think Robbie will be setting up in his usual damage limitation way at Parkhead.

We looked very vulnerable on the right side of our defence with Atkinson and Sibbick and I really hope they are not playing against Celtic otherwise it could be embarrassing.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

What have you heard, are you ITK??

I’m not. But those who are said a Scandinavian is on the way. Right at the start of the window. (Might have been last summer they said that mind you)

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Who is it Santa Claus?

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not. But those who are said a Scandinavian is on the way. Right at the start of the window. (Might have been last summer they said that mind you)

We await the news with bated breath.

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Think people are being a bit previous writing off Sibbick and Atkinson.

Think both play better with Halkett and/or Smith alongside 

Individually they are ok, but on the right hand side together they’re dreadful and everytime they appear on the team sheet together teams will target us down that side. Ross County destroyed us down that side Atikinson went off and their winger got hooked 10 mins into the 2nd half. Hibs goal again Sibbick and Atkinson on the pitch and again last night. 

Until Halkett is back we have to go with a 4 Smith Rowles Kingsley Cochrane. NA and TB get dragged all over the place don’t cover spaces and as a result we lose goals. 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Where has all this weird chat about Budge not making money available come from ?

Some right odd folk around 

I've got a theory.

In the last week 3 different Hibbies at my work have said that Hearts are struggling for money and need the Europa League money . Bollocks I know and I put them right .

Could be a few interlopers on here carrying the message from .net . Well that's my theory anyway .

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I've got a theory.

In the last week 3 different Hibbies at my work have said that Hearts are struggling for money and need the Europa League money . Bollocks I know and I put them right .

Could be a few interlopers on here carrying the message from .net . Well that's my theory anyway .

Would not surprise me to be honest mate they have some total tragic cases in their support

Does seem strange this whole transfer window I don't think Hearts have improved much squad wise from end of last season - I expected more from the window and before folk say its not closed yet 🙄 our biggest game of the season is on Thursday 😳 generated money etc it's all about Thursday 

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Where has all this weird chat about Budge not making money available come from ?

Some right odd folk around 

Loads of folk have been waiting, anxiously for something to have a go at Budge about but because everything since the Brora game has been positive and upwards they have been waiting for something, anything, to go on the attack, cast aspersions etc because they can't handle "an auld wumin" running out club 

We're two weeks from the end of the window and we haven't had a solid rumour in weeks. Surely something must be close. If nothing happens next week then I'll start worrying. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Tomas Brolin or gtf 😂

It feels like when this thread started he was still playing 😂

The White Cockade
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It feels like when this thread started he was still playing 😂

😂😂😂

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We're two weeks from the end of the window and we haven't had a solid rumour in weeks. Surely something must be close. If nothing happens next week then I'll start worrying. 

Honestly don’t think we’ll see anything until after the Zurich game, and probably just as likely nothing until after St. Johnstone. Obviously a lot can change between now and then but I have a hunch we’ll only sign one more (but go for more, but lose out).

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Loads of folk have been waiting, anxiously for something to have a go at Budge about but because everything since the Brora game has been positive and upwards they have been waiting for something, anything, to go on the attack, cast aspersions etc because they can't handle "an auld wumin" running out club 

Andrew McKinley and James Anderson run the show now, or am I mistaken?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Perkins would be more likely in that case yeah. Apparently there was a bit of a scramble for his signature though so would be surprising if they sent him up here. Still - could be one of those where if you don't ask.... 

Joseph slipped through the net aye. He doesn't have a value assigned to him in Transfermrkt and I only looked at players who do (assuming those without values were either too young or hadn't played enough football to determine any kind of value). I missed Alfie McCalmont for the same reason, although he's more of a DM which I'm not sure we need.

Joseph is some shout though, he looks class. 

2 for Perkins already tonight 

FarmerTweedy
15 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It feels like when we last signed someone he was still playing 😂

FTFY!

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Honestly don’t think we’ll see anything until after the Zurich game, and probably just as likely nothing until after St. Johnstone. Obviously a lot can change between now and then but I have a hunch we’ll only sign one more (but go for more, but lose out).

If that’s the way it pans out, there’s no way we’ll get 3rd again. We are no where near strong enough to compete on four fronts and the club have seriously failed in their objectives.

BackOfTheNet

Watching the Norwich game on TV it’s given me a somewhat loose analogy here. They do the hard graft to get into the competition they really want (promotion from Championship to Premier League) much like we do with Europe. Yet when they get there, they just perform sub par and don’t take things to the next level to compete. I suspect, particularly if our quality doesn’t improve (along with more nuanced tactics), that whether it be Europa or Conference, we’re going to be the Norwich in the Premier League of European competition this year. Yes, that was loose, and yes I’m somewhat drunk.

Just now, JamboPete said:

If that’s the way it pans out, there’s no way we’ll get 3rd again. We are no where near strong enough to compete on four fronts and the club have seriously failed in their objectives.

What objectives did the club state they were looking to achieve?

Watt-Zeefuik
10 hours ago, Bozi said:

He gets criticized for playing Halliday and for not playing Halliday 

He gets criticized for being too defensive but also for being too open

He gets criticized for playing Sibbick but some thought he had a good gameh

He has been criticized for not playing young Nielson yet would have been slaughtered if he had suffered a worse defeat and blamed for pitching in a lad with no experience 

He gets criticized for bringing back a 1 goal loss against the Swiss champions, a team who have a huge amount of experience at this level and have already played a few European ties this year. It's impossible for him to do right

The fact is, we need some extra quality, particularly if we reach the Europa League because we have so little European experience in this team. Their best player has played for Parma, Napoli, Galatasaraay and has 69 caps for Switzerland absolute bags of experience and that is what we will be up against constantly, we are throwing in a guy we picked up from league 1

Neilson both has no Plan B and also is a tinkerer who won't settle.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

What objectives did the club state they were looking to achieve?

Surely their objective would be to get stronger year on year but we are no stronger than last season and we have huge European games coming up. Ann Budge has already been quoted as saying that we want to be able to compete in Europe and not just make up the numbers. To do that we need to bring in more quality. Surely that’s obvious?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***