Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

14 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Take a punt on Yaya Sanogo

https://twitter.com/TheTransferEx/status/1539945686711648256

Three teams in Scotland have registered interest in him this summer, according to the Frenchman, along with various clubs in Switzerland and France.

12 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Yaya Sanogo has told Sky Sports that three clubs in Scotland are after the free agent this summer. The former Arsenal striker has been a free agent for the past 12 months, since leaving Huddersfield Town after his short-term contract ended in the summer of 2021. #SPL #Transfers

I go to watch Arsenal a few times a season and this guy was a laughing stock when he was there.  He may have improved over time and, when at Arsenal, he was trying to play at a higher level than will be needed at Hearts BUT he was clueless in front of goal.

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How is it weird? I was there to pick up my two gandchildren from School and Boycie's Daughter is a pupil at the same School.

I think you are the weird one.

That makes more sense. You made it sound like you were just loitering around the school ...

The last thing we want is to alert other teams to players that we are talking to and who are available.  I'm happy that there is next to nothing being said about players coming in. I'm sure the recruitment team are busy searching for the right players. When a player has been signed we'll know. Until then let the press speculate away.

Edited by dougal

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That makes more sense. You made it sound like you were just loitering around the school ...

Get a grip man. I said I was speaking to Boyce when he was there to pick up his daughter from school.

That is your mind that has made that interpretation not what I said.

As I said you are the weird one.

6 minutes ago, feej said:

Three teams in Scotland have registered interest in him this summer, according to the Frenchman, along with various clubs in Switzerland and France.

Sounds like his agent trying to bump up interest in him.

6 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

I go to watch Arsenal a few times a season and this guy was a laughing stock when he was there.  He may have improved over time and, when at Arsenal, he was trying to play at a higher level than will be needed at Hearts BUT he was clueless in front of goal.

I like the Gooners too and mind him scoring a hat trick v Benfica in pre season and thought he looked good but it was just a flash in the pan moment 

The Grim Reaper
33 minutes ago, Sertse said:

All the media reports seem to be crafted by the club as in, they are being leaked information by the club that they want the media to know. 

Those two stories are very left of field, it's strange.

Possibly trying to drum up some interest in Boyce in the unlikely event someone might pay money for him?

Maybe just want him gone and off the wage bill.

36 minutes ago, Sertse said:

All the media reports seem to be crafted by the club as in, they are being leaked information by the club that they want the media to know. 

Those two stories are very left of field, it's strange.

The Shankland story is based entirely on a quote from Beerschot saying they haven't had any official bids. It hasn't come from Hearts.

32 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Remember how panicked many posters were last summer, predicting we'd struggle to make top 6 based on the squad and signings :)  

They also predicted that season ticket sales would bomb last year....

Aussie Jambo

If only we could get someone like this legend. That 5-1 game is still the best game I’ve ever been to (not cup).

All roads lead to Gorgie
15 minutes ago, feej said:

Aye, they could be East Fife, Dumbarton and Annan Athletic 😄 

4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

The Shankland story is based entirely on a quote from Beerschot saying they haven't had any official bids. It hasn't come from Hearts.

That's the thing I find strange. On our end everything is saying he's more or less ours then all of a sudden, his current club say he's not for sale. 

Same with the Boyce to Aberdeen story, that's came from nowhere.

The club is now very selective on what it tells the press, why would they be saying Shankland is almost confirmed if his club say he's not for sale?

I'm not worried about signings or anything, it's just weird.

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Get a grip man. I said I was speaking to Boyce when he was there to pick up his daughter from school.

That is your mind that has made that interpretation not what I said.

As I said you are the weird one.

Settle down. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
16 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Clearly not lucrative enough, for McKenna and Ramsay it clearly was.

Craig Gordon only player I ever recall us making an enticing deal for later sale 

I think Neil McCann did this too. Long time ago though. 

12 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I like the Gooners too and mind him scoring a hat trick v Benfica in pre season and thought he looked good but it was just a flash in the pan moment 

I missed that one but was at a Champions League game against Dortmund years ago when he scored.  The crowd went crazy - mainly because they couldn't believe he'd found the back of the net :)

Aussie Jambo

What’s the odds of getting to page 500 without signing anyone? Asking for a friend. 

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

That's the thing I find strange. On our end everything is saying he's more or less ours then all of a sudden, his current club say he's not for sale. 

Same with the Boyce to Aberdeen story, that's came from nowhere.

The club is now very selective on what it tells the press, why would they be saying Shankland is almost confirmed if his club say he's not for sale?

I'm not worried about signings or anything, it's just weird.

Who said Shankland was almost done? That's all come from here. Barry Anderson reported yesterday that negotiations we're moving slowly after progress at the weekend.

The quote from Beerschot doesn't say he's not for sale as far as I can see. Standard stuff when there's no fee agreed and the selling club want to play hardball. I don't think it contradicts anything else we've heard.

16 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Aye, they could be East Fife, Dumbarton and Annan Athletic 😄 

You missed Hibs. 

Jambo 4 Ever
13 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

What’s the odds of getting to page 500 without signing anyone? Asking for a friend. 

I’m going for 350

9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Who said Shankland was almost done? That's all come from here. Barry Anderson reported yesterday that negotiations we're moving slowly after progress at the weekend.

The quote from Beerschot doesn't say he's not for sale as far as I can see. Standard stuff when there's no fee agreed and the selling club want to play hardball. I don't think it contradicts anything else we've heard.

Hearts' pursuit of Lawrence Shankland has been dealt a blow. Beerschot say the former United forward is not for sale, despite interest from the Jambos. The Belgian side claim no offical offers have been received and say a transfer is "not an option at the moment." (Daily Express) https://t.co/WcVZfohgOM

Batistuta87
41 minutes ago, feej said:

Brought him up ages ago and was told I was on drugs. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

You missed Hibs. 

No, they can't compete with East Fife, Dumbarton and Annan Athletic :jj:

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Settle down. 

It's you that's needs to do that not me you weirdo.

Edited by wavydavy

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Yaya Sanogo has told Sky Sports that three clubs in Scotland are after the free agent this summer. The former Arsenal striker has been a free agent for the past 12 months, since leaving Huddersfield Town after his short-term contract ended in the summer of 2021. #SPL #Transfers

Hibs guaranteed 

15 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Hearts' pursuit of Lawrence Shankland has been dealt a blow. Beerschot say the former United forward is not for sale, despite interest from the Jambos. The Belgian side claim no offical offers have been received and say a transfer is "not an option at the moment." (Daily Express) https://t.co/WcVZfohgOM

Yeah, I've read the quote and posted about it earlier. "Not an option at the moment" doesn't mean "not for sale" and "no official bids" doesn't mean there haven't been discussions on a fee, in fact the use of "official" implies the opposite. 

Like I said, it was never reported to be imminent and this one-sentence quote doesn't definitively change anything as I see it. The clubs need to agree a fee and haven't done so yet.

Edited by DC_92

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

29 years old and without a club for a year. No thanks 

There's another article from a week ago saying Beerschot want money from the Shankland deal to be put toward a replacement. 

If they can't find a suitable replacement I would believe they'd keep him.   They'll want money upfront close to 500k but would settle for 250-300k plus installments.    This estimate being a guess.   

I wonder how close to a million our offer is.   Installments,  goals, internationals stuff like that added on.    They'd be daft not accept. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lawrence-shanklands-hearts-transfer-knock-27290758

"Lawrence Shankland's Hearts transfer knock-on effect as Beerschot chase Ajax forward

The Dutch champions want €700,000 for Hassane Bande and Shankland fee could help Belgians.

BY ROSS PILCHER

13:14, 21 JUN 2022UPDATED13:36, 21 JUN 2022

Lawrence Shankland’s proposed move to Hearts could hinge on Beerschot’s own striker chase.

The former Dundee United hitman has been linked with a move to Tynecastle in order to reunite with Robbie Neilson. Negotiations between the two clubs have taken place, although no fee has been agreed for the Scotland international.

Beerschot were relegated from the Belgian Pro League last season, and are understood to be seeking some sort of return on the £1million investment they made in Shankland last summer. And they could put that towards signing Ajax forward Hassane Bande.

The Burkinese international is on the Antwerp-based club’s transfer wishlist, according to Gazet van Antwerpen,

However, Ajax value Bande at €700,000 which could prove too pricey for Beerschot as things stand.

That could prove beneficial to the Jambos in their pursuit of Shankland, if his current club have to use any fee received to top up an offer for his potential replacement."

Edited by HMFC01

jamboinglasgow

As others say, the key bit in this is "no official offer" has been made. That does not mean they are not negotiating with us behind the scenes on what would be an acceptable offer. When that is reached we will then submit an official offer. I do agree with others that Beerschott are probably trying to see if they can get others interested it and using the old "not for sale" which is first rule for a selling club to put the price up (i.e. if you say a player is not for sale (even if you do want to sell him) then the buying club will think they have to pay more to get them and put in a bigger offer, in theory.)

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Remember how panicked many posters were last summer, predicting we'd struggle to make top 6 based on the squad and signings :)  

That was myself at the time. Shows you what I know 🤡 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Big news coming at 5pm!

That website is good with the deals, is it some great hotel deals?

Just now, King prawn said:

We’re singing Cochrane today or tomorrow aren’t we ? I’m out of the loop. 

How does it go, do you know the words?

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That was myself at the time. Shows you what I know 🤡 

To be fair, I was not too sure about signing so many young players from prem teams (Beni, Woodburn, Cochrane).  I thought we could have done with more experience.  Seeing Beni's performance in the celtic game was a big moment and convinved me otherwise.

In retrospect probably the biggest moment was signing Barrie McKay!

37 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

No, they can't compete with East Fife, Dumbarton and Annan Athletic :jj:

True🤣

7 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

To be fair, I was not too sure about signing so many young players from prem teams (Beni, Woodburn, Cochrane).  I thought we could have done with more experience.  Seeing Beni's performance in the celtic game was a big moment and convinved me otherwise.

In retrospect probably the biggest moment was signing Barrie McKay!

And Gnando was our second striker!

Fxxx the SPFL

Oh it’s all gone quiet over here 

oh it’s all gone quiet over here

oh it’s all gone quiet 

all gone quiet

all gone quiet over here 

Least some recruitment updates today 

👋 Want to work with us?

🆕 We've got a number of vacancies to fill right across the club!

📲 https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/key-links/careers

👇
- Football Operations Manager (B team & Women's First Team)
- Performance Psychologist
- Women's First Team Physiotherapist
- Women's First Team Sports Scientist
- Academy Match Day Physiotherapists
- Lead Academy Physio
- Chef de Partie
- Customer Service Assistant (Hearts Clubstore)
- Bar Manager - Myreside Pavilion
+ Hospitality positions including:
Bar Staff
Drink Service Staff

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Latest comedy out of Aberdeen, Gallagher for Boyce, if this happens, someone can have my season ticket

46 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

29 years old and without a club for a year. No thanks 

A Levein type signing 🤣

Dick Dastardly
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Least some recruitment updates today 

👋 Want to work with us?

🆕 We've got a number of vacancies to fill right across the club!

📲 https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/key-links/careers

👇
- Football Operations Manager (B team & Women's First Team)
- Performance Psychologist
- Women's First Team Physiotherapist
- Women's First Team Sports Scientist
- Academy Match Day Physiotherapists
- Lead Academy Physio
- Chef de Partie
- Customer Service Assistant (Hearts Clubstore)
- Bar Manager - Myreside Pavilion
+ Hospitality positions including:
Bar Staff
Drink Service Staff

I wonder who the B team manager is going to be. Naismith is probably favourite but he might be quite happy with the under 18s just now

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***