*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What I see there is a load of really shite defending. That’s fine because there is a load of really shite defending in the SPL.

The main acorn of hope in there is that Grant gambles on the ball landing where he can take a shot on and he gets into the box. Haven’t really had a striker that properly gambled on things let alone a midfielder that gets into the box for a few years so there is something there that might be useful for us.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tbf I can't write him off as I said we should sign Grant on last summers transfer thread when his contract was expiring at Lincoln. 🤣

He's a good player, he'll be competition for McKay but he's not going to make us better in that position. 

But can be used when Baz needs a break. Or when we want two of that type of player feeding a poacher type striker….

The White Cockade
23 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Don't understand the ill will by some on Ngoo. He was ok.

I liked him thought he was good but being played as a lone striker with balls bombed to him from 50 yards away didn’t give him much of a chance 

Far better than the other huddies like McCallum and Vanacek

Some posters, post as fact about Grant and he aint even signed or  kiced a ball for us 

Must be a fantastic gift to have that in your locker 

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Some posters, post as fact about Grant and he aint even signed or  kiced a ball for us 

Must be a fantastic gift to have that in your locker 

Yeah everyone's just giving their view. That's sort of what this thread is all about.

2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

I was thinking about this earlier and whilst I agree, the reported wages he was on at United made it too much of a risk for us to match at that time imo.

Given he also went on to play is best football under Robbie, it's maybe a benefit he had that season and is making his way here now. I think he'll be a very good addition, but I guess we shall wait and see.

Personally I think if the money is right it's a no brainer. He has proven he can score goals and we create shitloads of chances especially at home. Think of all the sitters we missed last season, I reckon he would have put a few of them away even just by being in the right place. Forrest and McKay will provide him with loads of chances imo.

29 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Don't understand the ill will by some on Ngoo. He was ok.

I thought he did pretty well, he was raw at the time which was a given considering, he scored some goals and was a problem for defenders with his size, physicality and he had decent pace too. 

Honestly, he'd have kicked on with us had he stayed. I think it was right club right time for him. A bit like Zeefuik in that regard. 

He should have really done better with his career, but you see plenty of talented players with poor application. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah everyone's just giving their view. That's sort of what this thread is all about.

I get people giving there take, but why in a matter of fact way ?? with nothing  behind it bar opinion   

56 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

His brother was 42 at the time and had retired 5 years before Husref moved.

Aww come on you’ve ruined it now!! 

Just now, jamle1874 said:

Basically what this is saying is create chances and the boy will score and I agree

Well we have the 2nd most creative player in the league in Barrie McKay and he's played with Forrest before, so I think he's going to get plenty chances at least :) 

Jambo On Fire

This one fits with Savage's strategy of identifying good players that aren't well suited to their current team's style of play.  Prior to his Peterborough move, the lad was wanted by multiple Championship sides because he was an attacking midfielder that topped the League charts for goals and assists in League 1 and was voted Player of the Season for his club. He's since been utilised as a deep-lying midfielder in a struggling team. Similar to Shankland, we could have a player on our hands in an attacking side that makes lots of chances.

Leveins Battalion

Apparently in Edinburgh now but a Championship club also in for him and 3 league 1 clubs.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Apparently in Edinburgh now but a Championship club also in for him and 3 league 1 clubs.

Was he no pictured at Beerschot training this morning 🤔 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Spookie said:

He was indeed people making stuff up 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Think he is talking about Grant not Shankland

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Peterborough local paper saying he has travelled up after a fee was accepted.

Nowhere near the £750,000 they wanted though.

I'd love a big name signing as much as the next fan but if grant comes in and does well I couldn't really care I just want a winning team where everybody fights for the jersey

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, looking like we’re after Ronan and Shankland for now. If I’m honest, a tad underwhelming. I’m hoping for more exciting moves once June is done. Not saying they’re bad moves, just not exciting ones.

I would definitely take Ronan. Get that he’s played with Goodwin before, but fecksakes, you’ve spent a year living in Paisley, do you really want to double down and move to Aberdeen? Maybe once he’s seen Edinburgh, he’ll realise he can get an even bigger upgrade on Wolverhampton (if only having the European draw is not quite enough).

5 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Yeah they’re not next level type signings. Don’t know if we’re financially at the stage to make those signings yet but I think there is better out there. 

There is, of course, better out there. Sadly we aren’t going to put a last minute offer in for Lewandowski or Pedri though.

It all depends on what we see the next level as. If it is better than Gordon, Benni and McKay - then no, these are not the next level. If the next level is having consistent quality throughout the team (I’d argue it is) then these guys help with that. I, personally, don’t think skipping to “better than Benni” this window is realistic. We started Gino a fair bit and missed Mikey Smith this year. No offence to either, but not requiring their services is moving on a level. 

4 hours ago, rory78 said:

Can't see both Grant and Ronan joining I'd imagine it'll just be one of them

Dunno. They are clearly from the same  scouting profile. We appear to be at the same point in negotiations with both. Assuming that McEneff is not good enough (he’s not), then we likely need a couple in for that position. We spoke about getting upgrades and squad fillers previously, so who knows. The transfer fees were clearly fantasy. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Jorge Grant isn't exactly getting the juices flowing tbh. 

Again, depends on what he’s been signed for. Need a squad, not just a first XI. Guess the question is will he be better than Gino and Arran if he signs?

Edited by CMc

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Yeah like Ben Woodburn  🤣

It was meant to be sarcasm aimed at someone moaning about the Peterborough lad.

It didn't quite come off 🙄

8 minutes ago, CMc said:

Assuming that McEneff is not good enough (he’s not), then we likely need a couple in for that position.

Far to many happy to rubbish our players. According to many on here Halkett was a liability yet suddenly became one of our best. Constructive criticism is all very well but dancing on players careers isn’t funny or well thought out.

3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Far to many happy to rubbish our players. According to many on here Halkett was a liability yet suddenly became one of our best. Constructive criticism is all very well but dancing on players careers isn’t funny or well thought out.

If he signs i will  ,like most sensible jambos , wait until he's played a few games before writing him off.

Didn't we sign Michael Smith from Peterborough?

32 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I’m not rubbishing anyone - not good enough for us does not mean not good enough for anyone. generalising my comment on McEneff to the rest of the squad and to one of our key players of last season is a classic straw man argument. 

I have given my opinion on why I don’t think McEneff is right for us in other posts. I spoke about how his appearance in the semi probably marked the end of his time with us for a number of reasons. This post was about other players who might improve us. I stated my opinion that they both have a good chance to contribute more than Arran did for us. In what way is that celebrating his demise? If you like him and think he’ll turn things around, cool. That’s your opinion. No need to try to invalidate mine by arguing with points I didn’t make. 

Edited by CMc

The more I read on Grant, the happier I am it isn’t a terrible move. I wouldn’t say I’m super excited at this stage, but happy to trust in Savage and wait and see.

League One team of the year suggests the potential is there, a lot of comments saying he’s a talented lad on his day. If we can consistently get the best from him then it might just work out.

And Posh director of football Barry Fry has promised Jambos fans they are getting a “fantastic footballer” if personal terms can be agreed

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Get him to the dance floor; and if he doesn’t dance or want to when he gets here he can **** off

IMO.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

16 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

The more I read on Grant, the happier I am it isn’t a terrible move. I wouldn’t say I’m super excited at this stage, but happy to trust in Savage and wait and see.

League One team of the year suggests the potential is there, a lot of comments saying he’s a talented lad on his day. If we can consistently get the best from him then it might just work out.

Let's hope he's better than Kastaneer, Gnando and Woodburn.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, feej said:

And Posh director of football Barry Fry has promised Jambos fans they are getting a “fantastic footballer” if personal terms can be agreed

Says the DOF of a relegated team trying to get an expensive player off his books….

🤗 JOKING 🤗

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Let's hope he's better than Kastaneer, Gnando and Woodburn.

Yep agreed - and as good as Beni, McKay, Simms, Cochrane, Cammy, Natty, and Rowles

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Grant not Shankland. At Oriam at weekend 

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Get him to the dance floor; and if he doesn’t dance or want to when he gets here he can **** off

IMO.

I think thats Savage’s attitude as well. “Jog-on” was what he said about potential signings that dont commit. 

1 hour ago, CMc said:

I would definitely take Ronan. Get that he’s played with Goodwin before, but fecksakes, you’ve spent a year living in Paisley, do you really want to double down and move to Aberdeen? Maybe once he’s seen Edinburgh, he’ll realise he can get an even bigger upgrade on Wolverhampton (if only having the European draw is not quite enough).

There is, of course, better out there. Sadly we aren’t going to put a last minute offer in for Lewandowski or Pedri though.

It all depends on what we see the next level as. If it is better than Gordon, Benni and McKay - then no, these are not the next level. If the next level is having consistent quality throughout the team (I’d argue it is) then these guys help with that. I, personally, don’t think skipping to “better than Benni” this window is realistic. We started Gino a fair bit and missed Mikey Smith this year. No offence to either, but not requiring their services is moving on a level. 

Dunno. They are clearly from the same  scouting profile. We appear to be at the same point in negotiations with both. Assuming that McEneff is not good enough (he’s not), then we likely need a couple in for that position. We spoke about getting upgrades and squad fillers previously, so who knows. The transfer fees were clearly fantasy. 

Again, depends on what he’s been signed for. Need a squad, not just a first XI. Guess the question is will he be better than Gino and Arran if he signs?

Even Aberdeen is a major upgrade on Paisley though. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Genuine question

See the Millwall lad Celtic signed - I’d never heard of him - but were a tonne of people bumming his ass before he moved?

If they were, fair enough. I just didn’t hear the balls slapping.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t know - I spent 5 years in Aberdeen - wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Never been to Paisley though 

50 minutes ago, One five said:

Was hoping for a signing today 🤷‍♂️Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday 🙄

Pre-season starlets tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how many, if any, trialist/potential signings are training with us this week before the squad head to Spain. 

49 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

If he signs i will  ,like most sensible jambos , wait until he's played a few games before writing him off.

Didn't we sign Michael Smith from Peterborough?

We did. 

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I. In no I spent 5 years in Aberdeen - eouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

How long have you lived in Paisley? 

KyleLafferty

I’m assuming personal things have been agreed or agreeing a fee would be pointless. This will be done in the next few days I imagine.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The seventh level of hell is an upgrade on Paisley. 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I’m assuming personal things have been agreed or agreeing a fee would be pointless. This will be done in the next few days I imagine.

It’s probably down to choice now. League 1 in England or European football in Scotland 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, CMc said:

The seventh level of hell is an upgrade on Paisley. 

Aberdeen was complete hell though.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Newton51 said:

It’s probably down to choice now. League 1 in England or European football in Scotland 

He wouldn’t be in Edinburgh if it wasn’t agreed.

Fhe only risk now is he doesn’t like the pink floodlight stantions IMO 

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not necessarily. Pretty common now for clubs to grant permission to speak to a player before a fee is agreed.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Pre-season starlets tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how many, if any, trialist/potential signings are training with us this week before the squad head to Spain. 

Never realised pre-season was so soon cheers, it would be good if we could get at a couple in before Spain any idea if they are playing any bounce games over there?

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Aberdeen was complete hell though.

Sure it was. 

It’s like comparing type one and type seven on the Bristol stool scale. Both are clearly shite. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If he has been here over the weekend, it might not be good news that he hasn't signed yet 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***