*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

ScottishSandstorm
On 15/06/2022 at 05:25, dougal said:

I saw a post a couple of days ago linking us with Josh Edwards. Spoke to his Dad yesterday and he said that the club hadn't mentioned any interest from Stoke, Preston or us and his agent also hasn't been contacted either. Hopefully these stories aren't a way of bumping up his price.

He does have a year left on his contract and would like to move if the opportunity came along.

He would be a good signing for us.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

6 hours ago, brux said:

Sibbick has a lot of improvement to go before he is consistently anywhere near the starting line up 

Sibbick is a work in progress.  Hope to see the best of him next season.

Atkinson, Sibbick, Halkett, Rowles, Kingsley

Rick Sanchez

I said Jorge Grant was followed by Ewan Murray. He's now followed by Barry Anderson.

Probably a goer.

Tommy Brown
39 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I said Jorge Grant was followed by Ewan Murray. He's now followed by Barry Anderson.

Probably a goer.

It only helps them when he eventually signs for a new club.

Doesn't mean anything really.

He has been made an offer, but has others too.

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Simms and Fuller are close.

Naismith when he first arrived and wasn't injury ravaged too.

Was Fuller not from a team in Jamaica?

6 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I just feel hearts have had marked success over the years with a blend of experienced Scottish pro's, up and coming youth academy talents and foreign imports like rousset, Bruno, salvatori, valois, flogel, juanjo etc so French, Austrian, Spain, Italian markets. 

I can't really remember a top top  stand out fans favourite over a season signed from English leagues. 

Kingsley?

Finlay James
27 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Was Fuller not from a team in Jamaica?

Yip, Tivoli Gardens

9 hours ago, S Form said:

Rowles will be playing in the forthcoming World Cup finals. I would guess he’s not coming here to sit on the bench. 

World Cup stars, you say?

Finally. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I just feel hearts have had marked success over the years with a blend of experienced Scottish pro's, up and coming youth academy talents and foreign imports like rousset, Bruno, salvatori, valois, flogel, juanjo etc so French, Austrian, Spain, Italian markets. 

I can't really remember a top top  stand out fans favourite over a season signed from English leagues. 

Boyce, Kingsley, McKay, Smith, Beni 

All signed when playing previously in the English leagues. 

Basically our top goal scorer, stand out defender, most creative player, most consistent player over the past few years and our most promising player. 

Aye, apart from that no one springs to mind ....... 🤷‍♂️

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Basically our top goal scorer, stand out defender, most creative player, most consistent player over the past few years and our most promising player. 

😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I reckon the 5 needs binning against better teams, get pushed back too far, against poor teams, it allows you extra attackers.

Kingsley going back where he belongs, left back now Rowles has came in, very strong left side. 

If Kingsley does need to cover Rowles, more than likely see a combo of Halliday, Forrest, GMS become a LWB. I doubt that is any sort of priority, the work must be on 9's and 10's

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Admin on the ball. The hearts are back

Bleep tests before 9am.......shudder

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And Simms. 

We've had plenty players that never made a massive impact in England that have done well here, Robbo, Hartley, Elvis all had mixed spells down south but done well up here. There's also loads of players that have had great careers in England but flopped big time in Scotland. Olly Lee was also pretty effective IMO and I think from reading about Grant he is playing at a higher level than Lee did. 

10 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

Will he not be playing LCB with Kingsley at LWB ??

Whether folk like it or not, I believe that’s the plan

5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Bleep tests before 9am.......shudder

Bleep tests in general :D

My hamstring has gone and I'm out for 6 months just thinking about it

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I reckon the 5 needs binning against better teams, get pushed back too far, against poor teams, it allows you extra attackers.

Kingsley going back where he belongs, left back now Rowles has came in, very strong left side. 

If Kingsley does need to cover Rowles, more than likely see a combo of Halliday, Forrest, GMS become a LWB. I doubt that is any sort of priority, the work must be on 9's and 10's

Why do you think Kingsley is better at left back? Based on the season he just did at centre half. 

Common criticism of Cochrane on here was he wasn’t quick enough to beat a man one on one. Is Kingsley any different? 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That beep gives me nightmares. 

9 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Neilson is on record as saying we want to keep using a back three next season. Halkett is a very good centre-back and Kingsley is a very good left-centre-back (whom we haven't seen at all at wing-back) while Rowles is left-sided. There is still a Souttar-shaped hole there.

It's also worth bearing in mind that when we initiated this deal he had zero caps. I was really impressed with what I saw against Peru but he's still unproven at a decent level on a consistent basis.

I see him having a Taylor Moore role initially, acting as first choice cover. Like Moore, he'll most likely see plenty of game time, especially with our mental schedule in the first half of the season. Hopefully he does a better job of staking a claim to be first choice.

There’s a wee problem on the horizon here. Souttar cannot be replaced like for like, we can’t afford a Souttar clone. Anyone we bring in to play RCB will not be as good as Souttar and folk are inevitably going to be disappointed. Prepare yourself for a season of ‘we really miss Souttar’

Its also possible we are done signing central defenders. Neilson and Sibbick could both play RCB. No neither of them are close to Souttar as it stands but there is improvement in both of them. The other option would be Joe the Bionic man of course. Would be interesting to see if he is at training today. We also have Smith who can cover and we can take a loan again if we feel we need it.

I think we’ll spend the next period of the window getting some forward players in. Shankland looks a stick on to me but we need a 10, another striker and a wide player IMO

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why do you think Kingsley is better at left back? Based on the season he just did at centre half. 

Common criticism of Cochrane on here was he wasn’t quick enough to beat a man one on one. Is Kingsley any different? 

Indeed. Kingsley had an excellent season at LCB. He’s the obvious back up to Tierney in that position in the Scotland set up. Clarke doesn’t think so though.

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Kingsley is definitely better at beating a man. He's got more tricks in his locker to buy himself a yard and get past someone and did that a number of times from CB or when he'd switched into a LWB role last season.

1 minute ago, TommyC said:

Kingsley is definitely better at beating a man. He's got more tricks in his locker to buy himself a yard and get past someone and did that a number of times from CB or when he'd switched into a LWB role last season.

He's also very effective at arriving late at the back post and scored a few goals last season doing that. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He's also very effective at arriving late at the back post and scored a few goals last season doing that. 

So did Cochrane…

3 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Kingsley is a far better option at LWB than Cochrane. Cochrane was average (though young and might improve) Kingsley is also a very good LCB but we’ve signed Rowles to play there, it’s blindingly obvious that we have and what we’re intending to do with Kingsley. 

Heartsofgold
29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That beep makes me want to curl up and hide in a corner. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Kingsley is a far better option at LWB than Cochrane. Cochrane was average (though young and might improve) Kingsley is also a very good LCB but we’ve signed Rowles to play there, it’s blindingly obvious that we have and what we’re intending to do with Kingsley. 

With the number of games we have between now and the end of the year we will be utilising the fact that many of our players can play multiple positions, yes we'll have a strongest 11 but that won't be what we select every week!

Looking at our defensive position depth currently we're not exactly short

LWB - Kingsley, Halliday

LB (in a 4) - Kinglsey, Halliday, Rowles

LCB - Kingsley, Rowles

CB - Halkett, Rowles, Kingsley, Sibbick, Smith, Neilson, Haring

RCB - Halkett, Sibbick, Smith, Neilson

RB - Atkinson, Smith, Neilson, Sibbick

RWB - Atkinson, Smith

43 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Around maybe Feb/March, we moved to a kind of 442 kinda thing which some thought was still 352.  Basically Kingsley was LB of a 4 but GMS was there to cover when Natty went forward on the other side and Kingsley stepped inside a bit.  I really liked it, and Kinglsey was superb in that position (what can't he do though!!!!), especially linking up with GMS in a creative sense.

Kingsley at LB finds Shankland at CF.  I can see that anyway.

The way I see, the squad as it stands, 4 at the back with Natty Halks Rowles Kingsley is the best and maybe only option to fit our best players in the team (assuming Rowles is a as good as I think he might be).  "As it stands" is the biggy though.  Come August, that may be different.

If we were to bring in another LWB, we then have a Kinsgley OR Rowles decision on our hands potentially.  In a way, perhaps signing Cochrane on a perm deal would be ideal if we can do it.  He gives us cover at LCB, LB and LWB but also still developing so not playing him every week seems OK too.  Steady Eddie when we need him.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

There’s a wee problem on the horizon here. Souttar cannot be replaced like for like, we can’t afford a Souttar clone. Anyone we bring in to play RCB will not be as good as Souttar and folk are inevitably going to be disappointed.

Its also possible we are done signing central defenders. Neilson and Sibbick could both play RCB. No neither of them are close to Souttar as it stands but there is improvement in both of them. The other option would be Joe the Bionic man of course. Would be interesting to see if he is at training today. We also have Smith who can cover and we can take a loan again if we feel we need it.

I think we’ll spend the next period of the window getting some forward players in. Shankland looks a stick on to me but we need a 10, another striker and a wide player IMO

Just because you can't replace him with someone equally as good doesn't mean you don't replace him at all. The plan is to sign another centre-back rather than relying on a youngster who's played a handful of games and Sibbick who has looked shaky on that position - I'm pretty much certain of that.

Rowles looks promising but there's a fair amount of mental gymnastics going on to shoehorn him into our "best XI" from what I can see. Going into a summer window on the basis that we'll move our best performers into different positions they've never played for us before to accommodate an as-yet unproven A League player would be a questionable move at best.

We'll likely have over 50 games next season in a condensed schedule. Probably more than we ever have before, we'll need a squad with strong options beyond the automatic first picks. Thankfully Rowles looks like he might fit into that category.

Neilson has spoken about increasing the size of the squad. If we sign another CB and a LWB then that would give us the same number of defenders as last season plus Lewis Neilson. That seems very reasonable to me, especially given we struggled at times last season when Halkett was missing.

I agree we'll need a few more attackers and that's the biggest priority, but I don't see it as an either/or. Plenty more business to be done imo.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Just because you can't replace him with someone equally as good doesn't mean you don't replace him at all. The plan is to sign another centre-back rather than relying on a youngster who's played a handful of games and Sibbick who has looked shaky on that position - I'm pretty much certain of that.

Rowles looks promising but there's a fair amount of mental gymnastics going on to shoehorn him into our "best XI" from what I can see. Going into a summer window on the basis that we'll move our best performers into different positions they've never played for us before to accommodate an as-yet unproven A League player would be a questionable move at best.

We'll likely have over 50 games next season in a condensed schedule. Probably more than we ever have before, we'll need a squad with strong options beyond the automatic first picks. Thankfully Rowles looks like he might fit into that category.

Neilson has spoken about increasing the size of the squad. If we sign another CB and a LWB then that would give us the same number of defenders as last season plus Lewis Neilson. That seems very reasonable to me, especially given we struggled at times last season when Halkett was missing.

I agree we'll need a few more attackers and that's the biggest priority, but I don't see it as an either/or. Plenty more business to be done imo.

We've also not particularly moved anyone on as yet.  A couple may have been told they can go if they can find a move.  If that is the case, there will be a fair few still to come to get us up to 24.

35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I do like Cochrane and would be happy if he signed as I think he could get better. But Kingsley is a better LB, LWB and LCB than him.

Boyces beard
9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Not sure if i have picked you up wrong mate but Rowles has been brought here to play and will play LCB in a back 3 or he will play along side Halkett in the centre if we play a four. Stephen Kingsley will move back to his natural position as a left back where he has been playing all his life.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We've also not particularly moved anyone on as yet.  A couple may have been told they can go if they can find a move.  If that is the case, there will be a fair few still to come to get us up to 24.

Yeah I suspect, players will go but only when we have replacements sorted for them (for example if Grant comes in, I can see McEneff going.)

34 minutes ago, Ribble said:

With the number of games we have between now and the end of the year we will be utilising the fact that many of our players can play multiple positions, yes we'll have a strongest 11 but that won't be what we select every week!

Looking at our defensive position depth currently we're not exactly short

LWB - Kingsley, Halliday

LB (in a 4) - Kinglsey, Halliday, Rowles

LCB - Kingsley, Rowles

CB - Halkett, Rowles, Kingsley, Sibbick, Smith, Neilson, Haring

RCB - Halkett, Sibbick, Smith, Neilson

RB - Atkinson, Smith, Neilson, Sibbick

RWB - Atkinson, Smith

Indeed. Even if we don’t sign anyone else we’ve got plenty options to try. We can also rotate and it might be 3 or 4 games in before we settle on a preferred 3,5 or 4.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Farul Constanta on 2yr deal

Is he an attacking midfielder?

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

We're buying a whole club? 

:wow:

Hagi is selling

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

There’s a wee problem on the horizon here. Souttar cannot be replaced like for like, we can’t afford a Souttar clone. Anyone we bring in to play RCB will not be as good as Souttar and folk are inevitably going to be disappointed. Prepare yourself for a season of ‘we really miss Souttar’

Biggest part of Souttar’s game we’ll miss is for a central defender he was at ease carrying the ball forward or breaking out of defence. Sometimes last season, games were at a stalemate in midfield to front with teams sitting in and us probing side to side and he seemed the only one breaking through lines with the ball at feet from the back. Kingsley also to a lesser extent. 

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

(for example if Grant comes in, I can see McEneff going.)

Why would McEneff go when he still has a year on his contract?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hearts are a better team with Kingsley at left back, he gets into better areas and delivers good quality, its his best position, just is

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Around maybe Feb/March, we moved to a kind of 442 kinda thing which some thought was still 352.  Basically Kingsley was LB of a 4 but GMS was there to cover when Natty went forward on the other side and Kingsley stepped inside a bit.  I really liked it, and Kinglsey was superb in that position (what can't he do though!!!!), especially linking up with GMS in a creative sense.

Kingsley at LB finds Shankland at CF.  I can see that anyway.

The way I see, the squad as it stands, 4 at the back with Natty Halks Rowles Kingsley is the best and maybe only option to fit our best players in the team (assuming Rowles is a as good as I think he might be).  "As it stands" is the biggy though.  Come August, that may be different.

If we were to bring in another LWB, we then have a Kinsgley OR Rowles decision on our hands potentially.  In a way, perhaps signing Cochrane on a perm deal would be ideal if we can do it.  He gives us cover at LCB, LB and LWB but also still developing so not playing him every week seems OK too.  Steady Eddie when we need him.

I dont think the 5 works against Celtic or Rangers, we couldn't get out in the 2nd half of the final, similar story in other games. Rowles is a natural LCB, Kingsley a natural LB, we have the combination right there now. I'm certain that area has been improved, thrust from middle of the pitch, pace and power really what we need now. Full backs are sorted, Halliday will cover for Kingsley or if something more dynamic needed Forrest or GMS will play in there. 

I'm sure the majority of the money left to spend now will be on the key game changers

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Glad to see the back of that horrendous orange training kit 😍

Kingsley at LCH was outstanding and was one of the best performers in the league - including Rangers and Celtic players.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***