*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, cocobeab said:

Is there not a Scottish lad (ex Dundee possibly ?) playing in Poland the now? No sure if he’s a CB right enough. 

You're thinking of Barry Douglas, he's a LWB. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

You're thinking of Barry Douglas, he's a LWB. 

Thanks pal. It was the ‘playing in Poland’ that made me think of him. 

Absolutely no chance we're coughing up £1.6m for a player.

Even if it was on the old HP at £X a week for half a century.

None.

If, in a fantasy land, we were going to splash that cash, I'd want the finished article.

Simms is good, but he's miles away from being worth a £1.6m punt.

Imo.

Ccjambo1874

If I mind right Aberdeen spent £850k on that Venezuelan boy who was untried in the league. Taking the Simms fee with a pinch of salt but isn't outwith the realms of possibilities given the funds and potential further funds coming our way.

11 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

It's going to happen if we keep improving. We do have the cash at moment. 800k over 2 years and knock it down to 15% sell on and deal.

Aye, maybe over time and if we did, I don't think it would be a risk for someone like Simms, that's probably a fair reflection of his value in all honesty.

However, we've got a lot of positions to fill and if we spend that sort of cash on one player this summer then we we surely can't have much more resources  to strengthen throughout the squad. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

None.

If, in a fantasy land, we were going to splash that cash, I'd want the finished article.

Imo.

im not saying we will pay it.. but to suggest he isn’t worth it is completely laughable.. big Ellis will guarantee 20 goals across a full season.

£1.6m would be an absolute steal at todays prices.. it’s not 1980

23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Some levels of delusion on here tonight btw. Someone drops a 1.6m quote from nowhere and people think we're going to smash our highest transfer fee paid by over 600k.

Not. A. Chance.

You reckon 

23 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not really Paterson is proven goal scorer for us and decent player

Based on what? 

When was the last time you watched him play?

Have you watched him regularly since he left us?

Where do you think he would fit in?

You come out with some nonsense with nothing to back it up. 

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

None.

Imo.

Curious as to what you would define as the finished article? 

Not being smart, just curious. 

johnking123
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, maybe over time and if we did, I don't think it would be a risk for someone like Simms, that's probably a fair reflection of his value in all honesty.

However, we've got a lot of positions to fill and if we spend that sort of cash on one player this summer then we we surely can't have much more resources  to strengthen throughout the squad. 

Hickey cash will help with such signings. Hickey is pretty much done deal. Just waiting till internationals are over.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

im not saying we will pay it.. but to suggest he isn’t worth it is completely laughable.. big Ellis will guarantee 20 goals across a full season.

Again, the fee is only half of the financial outlay, for that amount he will be expecting good wages (being a talented young player at a Premier league club he is probably on a good amount already.) As already has been pointed out, if he comes in on massive wages, then other players will be demanding higher wages. Which pushes our wage bill up and costs a lot more for us.

The whole speculate to accumulate sounds good, but its more complicated and has a lot deeper risks. As Johnking says, we can build up to spending that amount with repeated European football. I would also say that it could work better for us to loan him for a season with an option to buy, as if he gets us into Europe again and we have this extra money then we could buy him and then sell him for more then.

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Hickey cash will help with such signings. Hickey is pretty much done deal. Just waiting till internationals are over.

Who is he signing for? Brentford? Arsenal? 

People saying it's crazy that we'd pay £1.6 million are correct... If it's the real price Everton have set, does Joe Savage seem like a mug punter who doesn't negotiate?

It's likely that we may see transfer fees this big in the future if we keep the trajectory we're on, it's likely that we will want to spend big money on Simms but it's very unlikely Savage is going to bend over and pay whatever they ask.

I'd imagine for strikers we're willing to pay that kind of money for he'll have pages of potential targets.

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not a surprising figure - nor is it unreasonable - and he'd be worth every penny. 

39 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not really Paterson is proven goal scorer for us and decent player

He played more than 130 games for Hearts. How many goals do you reckon he scored? 

1 goal every 4 games. 

1 in 5 at Cardiff. 

1 in 6 at Sheff Wed. 

315 career appearances and 65 goals.

Gnanduillet has 68 goals from 318. 

Just... Naw. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Tom Hardy’s Dug

A starting position of £1.6m, sell on etc.

Its interesting.

Its a test of where we want to go/how quickly.

We know him, we know he works in the league, we know he can only get better…

I’d be exploring this very closely if I was Savage.

High price but possibly as low risk a transfer as you might get.

Might simms help us get a couple of wins and draws in Europe. Every chance. He does that and that’s £1.2m back already - before Xmas 😉

Shooter McGavin

My gut feeling is that we wouldn’t spend over a million pound on a player, even if it is Simms and we’re sitting pretty flush with cash.

Would be some signal of intent though.

31 minutes ago, Sertse said:

People saying it's crazy that we'd pay £1.6 million are correct... If it's the real price Everton have set, does Joe Savage seem like a mug punter who doesn't negotiate?

It's likely that we may see transfer fees this big in the future if we keep the trajectory we're on, it's likely that we will want to spend big money on Simms but it's very unlikely Savage is going to bend over and pay whatever they ask.

I'd imagine for strikers we're willing to pay that kind of money for he'll have pages of potential targets.

We will be aiming to pay around the 1 mil mark just over it, with the offer of sell on and buy back clause involved. 1.6 I personally would imagine will be a real push that I’d be surprised to see happen 

sandylejambo
2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How much a letter on the back of a top? 

I'm not sure about the letter price but I'm sure he would win you a game of scrabble.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Some levels of delusion on here tonight btw. Someone drops a 1.6m quote from nowhere and people think we're going to smash our highest transfer fee paid by over 600k.

Not. A. Chance.

Correct and if we did spunk that silly money it would not  be on Simms, anyway daft to think we would i say,

that type of talks for screamers 

Simms was undoubtedly a great Jan signing but if we paid 1.6 mill for him in Jan I would imagine we would have a different view on him right now.

There was a number of games he flattered to decieve, during our poor run he missed guilt edge chances.  But he finished the season strongly.  

The best deal for us is another loan. 

7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

We will be aiming to pay around the 1 mil mark just over it, with the offer of sell on and buy back clause involved. 1.6 I personally would imagine will be a real push that I’d be surprised to see happen 

If we paid a million for a player or say a million and a half and we staggered it over two seasons we would essentially be paying £ 600 thousand for a proven goal scorer two seasons in a row ………… not totally out of the realms of possibility that way but surely wages and other caveats would make that far too rich for our blood

Nice to dream though 🙂 

Just now, Sooks said:

If we paid a million for a player or say a million and 250 and we staggered it over two seasons we would essentially be paying £ 600 thousand for a proven goal scorer two seasons in a row ………… not totally out of the realms of possibility that way but surely wages and other caveats would make that far too rich for our blood

Nice to dream though 🙂 

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Simms was undoubtedly a great Jan signing but if we paid 1.6 mill for him in Jan I would imagine we would have a different view on him right now.

There was a number of games he flattered to decieve, during our poor run he missed guilt edge chances.  But he finished the season strongly.  

The best deal for us is another loan. 

He looked really short of match practice when he first joined. A full preseason and he would be amazing. I personally doubt we would pay 1.6 million for anyone right now. Hope we sign him in some way though. 

Dick Dastardly
11 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I'm not sure about the letter price but I'm sure he would win you a game of scrabble.

Nothing could help me win at scrabble

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Everton agreeing to Hearts getting a 25% sell on? Have folk been on the Bostik, or something?!

Canny sniff bostick it was Evo, so ma Hobo pal telt me 

cosanostra
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Everton agreeing to Hearts getting a 25% sell on? Have folk been on the Bostik, or something?!

Didn't he mean that Everton would get a 25% sell on fee if we did manage to sign him?

Arthur Morgan
Just now, cosanostra said:

Didn't he mean that Everton would get a 25% sell on fee if we did manage to sign him?

That's how I saw it. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If we paid a million for a player or say a million and a half and we staggered it over two seasons we would essentially be paying £ 600 thousand for a proven goal scorer two seasons in a row ………… not totally out of the realms of possibility that way but surely wages and other caveats would make that far too rich for our blood

Nice to dream though 🙂 

I won’t be putting people off their dreams 🤣 just would suggest that fee is rather unlikely I wouldn’t be surprised for us to match or even break the current record fee but not by that amount 👍🏻 If we can’t get him within our price range we have 3 other targets we are keen on 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Scott Wilson will be glad he's retired if this is the Poland-based centre back. 

6C52EEEA-9E92-4D9C-B447-9900A6F9C775.jpeg

Not an issue, his pal's call him Dave. 

cosanostra
Just now, Barack said:

So we're still taking the word of a poster, who's previous M.O. is to show up pretty much when Hearts are doing shite on a match thread, to then totally disappear when other good news regarding the club comes in?

I'm not taking his word for anything.

I think it's unlikely that Everton will have even quoted terms for a permanent deal until they've had a chance to look at the guy in pre-season training.

If I had to guess what they'd want for him, I'd guess well over £1m which would rule us out. Pretty sure some Championship club would pay that with ease though.

9 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I won’t be putting people off their dreams 🤣 just would suggest that fee is rather unlikely I wouldn’t be surprised for us to match or even break the current record fee but not by that amount 👍🏻 If we can’t get him within our price range we have 3 other targets we are keen on 

But I thought it was 2005/2006 and quality?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

He might be worth a £1.6m punt to a club who can, or at least thinks it can, afford to take that chance but not Hearts, imo.

Far too much money for our club, antti.

I'd want a time served, 20-30 goals a season, striker for a transfer fee like that.

It really doesn't matter, anyway. Hearts are not paying £1.6m for anyone.

Not until about 2050, if then. 😉

Can’t see us paying anywhere near £1.6m for anyone. If there’s any truth to that then it will be an opening gambit from Everton. EPL finances are broken to the point that £1.6m is pocket change. If they are willing to let him go for that they’ll let him go for less.

£800k though… that I could just about envisage. No more than that though. I am still scarred by how badly we wasted the SMG money years ago, and I don’t want us to make the same mistake again.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I don’t think, in the case of trying to get Ellis Simms on a permanent basis, that transfer fees would be the biggest issue. It would be the need to smash our current wage structure.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We could get better for that money 

#!bs don’t have that kind of money.

27 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Is that you dreaming..? 

So you are about as connected as Banderson or are you Barry ?

2 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Is there not a Scottish lad (ex Dundee possibly ?) playing in Poland the now? No sure if he’s a CB right enough. 

Are you thinking of Steven Caulker who is an English CD but I think qualifies for Scotland?  He is plying his trade in Turkey I believe.

jamtartan74

If we pay £1m transfer fees to anyone in the next 5 years I will personally double it out of my massive collection of ginger bottles, (apologies to bottles that are not ginger). 

Gulf Jambo
7 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

If we pay £1m transfer fees to anyone in the next 5 years I will personally double it out of my massive collection of ginger bottles, (apologies to bottles that are not ginger). 

Doubt we will this season.

But every chance we will in the next couple of years if we cement the European slot.

£3 million a year from Europe for a couple of years we would be stupid not to push money into transfers & wages.

That's the way to then push away from the rest of the pack and cement top 3.

We've got into Europe at the perfect time as they start the Conference League. If we are sensible then we can pull away from everyone below us.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Think us paying a million pound transfer fee anytime soon is for the birds !! million pound players demand huge wages and there's no way we going to push away from our wage structure

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Scott Wilson will be glad he's retired if this is the Poland-based centre back. 

6C52EEEA-9E92-4D9C-B447-9900A6F9C775.jpeg

8 hours ago, Sertse said:

Would happily take him purely based on the fact he looks like a pirate.

That and his name will be extremely easy to make into a song.

If I'm counting correctly it's one syllable short of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I wonder if he has a middle name . . .

jamtartan74
4 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Doubt we will this season.

But every chance we will in the next couple of years if we cement the European slot.

£3 million a year from Europe for a couple of years we would be stupid not to push money into transfers & wages.

That's the way to then push away from the rest of the pack and cement top 3.

We've got into Europe at the perfect time as they start the Conference League. If we are sensible then we can pull away from everyone below us.

Not a chance, imo of course. 

If we really want to pull away from the rest of the league and we have cash, then I think we will see us spending some serious cash this summer 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think us paying a million pound transfer fee anytime soon is for the birds !! million pound players demand huge wages and there's no way we going to push away from our wage structure

I think the wage cap will have to move with the times. Keep it controlled and realistic but to attract the kind of players we need to at least sustain a regular 3rd slot we will need to pay more. Whilst at the same time maintaining team harmony.

KyleLafferty
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will break million pound transfer. But player sales will be key to that happening.

Only players I can see that would give us that cash would be; 

Kingsley or Beni 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Only players I can see that would give us that cash would be; 

Kingsley or Beni 

Maybe he meant Hickey?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***