• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Heard a few English teams in for Neilson also,including Leicester. City.

But enough about the manager 

45 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How would that be proved? Easy to print off an offer and change the date. I'm not sure how these things work. They maybe emailed him an offer, but we know email isn't very reliable in Dundee

Onus would be on the Club to provide evidence it was actually received and not just drawn up I’d imagine.   There would def be records…

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He's not going to get first team football there. Money much better though. Depends on the lad's priorities.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Onus would be on the Club to provide evidence it was actually received and not just drawn up I’d imagine.   There would def be records…

How Scottish football works:

Let the record show the email was not received!

*electronic records show the email was definitely received and manually deleted by user [email protected] at precisely 7.32pm on 19/03/2020 or whenever it was*

case closed!

The vote was never received!

Thats why Dick Dastardlys suggestion to just get a sharpie, cross out the date and backdate it to an arbitrary date, would probably actually be deemed acceptable evidence to the SFA. This Dastardly fella is smarter than he looks. 

Bazzas right boot

Taking Forest from under their wee tangerine noses. 

Hopefully take this young boy for nada due to a **** up. 

Would piss myself if we got Levitt as well. 

Medicine being given and taken. 

🤣

RustyRightPeg

Utd keep losing these youngsters for next to nothing.

Robson to Lincoln last summer, Kerr Smith to villa in January and now Neilson to us. Fantastic.

45 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How would that be proved? Easy to print off an offer and change the date. I'm not sure how these things work. They maybe emailed him an offer, but we know email isn't very reliable in Dundee

Presumably Hearts have checked with the SPFL Secretary whether a record of any offer to the player has been lodged by DU and if so what date. 

This appears to be a requirement under the compensation rules. 

Nothing officially lodged or lodged too late would mean no compensation.

If we are aware DU correctly complied with this and we have continued to agree a deal with the player we must consider the fee a good investment. 

Hopefully we have done our homework.

A_A wehatethehibs

Remember the page boys remember the page. 151 a classic transfer thread page. I wonder if we’ll hit 1000 this year 

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Wait he’s only 19? But I thought Robbie doesny play youf ??? 

Naw he plays them, he just gives them strict instructions not to cross midfield.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

1 year not 2 as he reportedly wanted.

:interehjrling:

1 year deal with the option of a second year

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Haring signs new deal ***
Dick Dastardly
14 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

👍🏻 

The neilson one sounds like a verbal offer in February with a final Actual offer in may. They say it was a concrete offer but who knows what that actually means

13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Remember the page boys remember the page. 151 a classic transfer thread page. I wonder if we’ll hit 1000 this year 

Shows Haring is a PHM to wait for the page count before he signed 😂

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

Think the boy would probably have preferred cash to concrete.

Theyre maybe hoping to win on aggregate

56 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Shame for them, canne compete with the Heart of Midlothian.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Even if we are due compo for Neilson how on earth could it be more than we paid for Souttar (which I recall was around £150k)

Souttar had way more first team experience 

kingantti1874
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Even if we are due compo for Neilson how on earth could it be more than we paid for Souttar (which I recall was around £150k)

becuase that was about 6 years ago? 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

there would be an electronic trail regardless of whether emailed or not. 

Funny that Deloitte did not consider this when investigating Dundee's phantom email regarding league vote...

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We bought Souttar mid season rather than pay compensation. If I remember rightly he was a bit out of favour at utd.

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

We bought Souttar mid season rather than pay compensation. If I remember rightly he was a bit out of favour at utd.

If I remember correctly Dundee Utd were bottom of the table and struggling and Mixu was bringing in and relying on experienced / older players and Souttar was on the periphery.

34 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If I remember correctly Dundee Utd were bottom of the table and struggling and Mixu was bringing in and relying on experienced / older players and Souttar was on the periphery.

Yes and their fans were were all calling him shite just like they are now with Neilson

34 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

After breaking through from the much heralded United youth academy, they then decided he’d be best suited in midfield. It never really happened for him in there. Similar to Neilson in that United fans were happy for him to leave. We assured Souttar we seen him as a centre half. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Impressed Savage managed to get that done. Was sounding like Haring wanted 3 years or nothing! Great deal!!

Yep. 

would not like to play cards against Jo Savage. 

5 minutes ago, CMc said:

Yep. 

would not like to play cards against Jo Savage. 

…although on second thought, that sounds like a class fundraiser for the club. 

@TheBigO, as you’re calling the shots these days, £100 in, tournament rules, no limit hold ‘em in the skyline lounge.  Jo spends all our money and the bar proceeds on transfers after magnanimously buying us a consolatory round. 

Edited by CMc

Italian Lambretta
12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Impressed Savage managed to get that done. Was sounding like Haring wanted 3 years or nothing! Great deal!!

Sounds more like he wanted to go back home but has accepted another year and then next season he can decide again if he wants to stay or head home. 

BackOfTheNet

But now I can no longer use my “have you been haring something” pun :sad:

Seriously though, delighted at the news!

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But now I can no longer use my “have you been haring something” pun :sad:

Seriously though, delighted at the news!

That really Petered out. 

jamboinglasgow

When you consider we have only lost 1 player this summer for free this summer when we had Souttar, Haring, Kingsley, Gordon and Halkett all in their last year of their contract at the start shows you how well those at the club are doing building a team.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

When you consider we have only lost 1 player this summer for free this summer when we had Souttar, Haring, Kingsley, Gordon and Halkett all in their last year of their contract at the start shows you how well those at the club are doing building a team.

Feels a bit like the Burley off-season. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

1 year deal with the option of a second year

Cheers, missed that.

Possible comings and goings in next few days include Aussie centre-back in, Poland based centre-back in,  Belgium based striker in and an Irish full-back out. Baseless rumours or itk - who knows? We are certainly moving freely on the squad building front. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Great news about Haring 👏 he would have been more difficult to replace than many realise IMO.

And the young lad Neilson could be an excellent move (especially if there’s no fee). He’s young but already has first team experience in our league. Maybe not an immediate first pick but way ahead of our available youngsters at CH. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***