*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

49 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Ginnelly still scores goals, other two might struggle, even against bottom 6 teams, could be attractive players to other clubs all the same

Flatters to deceive for me.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

31 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

You must have read my mind mate. I was going to ask that very question on the B Team thread! I think Stone would be a good move for our bench... can't see us playing may Saturday games for a while what with European football on the menu😎... so it should free him up.

Id like to get liam kelly in been saying it for 4 years hes the guy to take over from CG in the next 2 seasons. Keep stone at the b team and if we get injuries he can join the squad also. Would cost about 300k but wed be getting a scottish international 2nd best keeper after CG.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Id like to get liam kelly in been saying it for 4 years hes the guy to take over from CG in the next 2 seasons. Keep stone at the b team and if we get injuries he can join the squad also. Would cost about 300k but wed be getting a scottish international 2nd best keeper after CG.

Would cost us more than that. 

Motherwell broke their wage structure to sign him on a mega contract by their standards. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Masonic said:

Yeah, I rate him also... not sure if he would be happy to sit on the bench when he can be playing 1st team football in the Prem.... but there's the sticking point. Getting someone good enough & happy to sit on their hands. Tricky one.

5 minutes ago, briever said:

"The teenager is now considering his options and wants to ensure he plays every week next term."

That's not us then.

Playing every week for us next season only really equates to playing every other game which is possible

8 minutes ago, briever said:

"The teenager is now considering his options and wants to ensure he plays every week next term."

That's not us then.

Very few team can ever guarantee this.

3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Is Stone next in line?

or

Has Liam Mcfarlane overtaken him?

44 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The announcement of our acceptance into the B league might change things a bit. I believe Stone is eligible for the B team next season. And while with the B team he can play for the first team. So we would be able to have Stewart on the bench, but bring Stone in if Gordon is ill, injured or suspended. Whether we still rate Stone highly enough and whether Neilson/Savage are willing to take that risk to spend money elsewhere is an open question.

If the B team goalie can be recalled for the 1st team then I can see Stone going out on loan to a championship or league 1 side with the u18 keeper McFarlane being first choice at the B team, I actually can see McFarlane overtaking Stone as no3 in the fairly near future

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Would cost us more than that. 

Motherwell broke their wage structure to sign him on a mega contract by their standards. 

they might sell hes only got 2 years left on the contract hes on 4k a week he might prefer 4500 + euro football and a chance to learn from the goat

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Masonic said:

they might sell hes only got 2 years left on the contract hes on 4k a week he might prefer 4500 + euro football and a chance to learn from the goat

Even if Motherwell were open to selling him at £300K I can’t see us doing it.

We’re grudging paying a touch more for positions we need strengthening in, we aren’t gonna splash out on a 2nd choice keeper when CG is showing no signs of slowing down. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Even if Motherwell were open to selling him at £300K I can’t see us doing it.

We’re grudging paying a touch more for positions we need strengthening in, we aren’t gonna splash out on a 2nd choice keeper when CG is showing no signs of slowing down. 

touch wood cg at 40+ plays every game and gets no injuries i hope thats not robbies thinking as stewarts no good enough

Back to 2005

Just my opinion but not seeing any names that will improve the quality of our first eleven. Seem to be mainly squad players.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Just my opinion but not seeing any names that will improve the quality of our first eleven. Seem to be mainly squad players.

Yeah, I agree with this to an extent, individually, what it might do though is increase competition and keep legs and minds fresher too. No blockbusters in the mix as of yet, but very early in the piece, and usually you find it takes longer to get the marquee signings in

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The window also isn’t open, players contracts haven’t ran out yet.

I’m not worried. Transfer windows are fluid, players situations will change over the coming month or so, it’s a time to be excited. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Christ, I knew their support was dwindling, but never realised it was that bad.

:rofl:

It's going to be a lonely sponsored walk next time!

Jambo in Bathgate
53 minutes ago, briever said:

That's not us then.

You’re a kind of glass half full type of person. Don’t be so miserable. 

Edited by Jambo in Bathgate
Change

Dick Dastardly
23 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I was thinking that myself and then i read the follow on posts. It is early and I'm hoping for a few surprises later in the window

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Tough one this one.  It's not like Everton are playing games, their manager literally hasn't had the chance to assess the boy so wants to look at him in training which is totally fair enough.  I guess it'd only move quickly if Ellis pushed for it personally but then why wouldn't he back himself for a chance at Everton.

And for us, do we wait or do we plough on with other targets.  Real balancing act this one.

My preference would be we sign some amazing CF we never thought we'd ever have a chance of getting.  A guy we've heard of and everything.  And then if Everton decide we can have Ellis later in the window, we do that too!!! Let's do that.

And let's take Shankland for some depth too.  Why not.

If we're going for quality targets, it's likely that we'll have a few candidates that we're keen on (including Simms) but that all of those candidates will have other clubs interested in them too, and that we'll end up playing a bit of a waiting game while the players (and in some cases their current clubs) decide what they want to do. It might be we put offers to two or three top targets and whichever one says yes first joins us and we pull the other offers.  I wouldn't be surprised if we're well into August before we finish our signings, even though that's not ideal for the Europa League playoff tie! 

Back to 2005
1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I was thinking that myself and then i read the follow on posts. It is early and I'm hoping for a few surprises later in the window

Yeah probably not the time to judge. Hopefully a few gems will emerge before the end of July . 

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Remember the window isn't actually open yet (so no fee-paying transfers yet - strictly free agents only), and that contracts in England and a lot of other countries don't expire til 30th June so think we might need to wait until then to hear about some bigger signings. For now, we'll probably only see players from within Scotland or who have been released early, or players for whom we've had to pay a fee (which I don't think we'll do early in the window).

But aye... Its a bit of a mixture really. Obviously there's been some mad names so far but of those that come up regularly and seem to be taken a bit more seriously:

Alan Forrest - squad player, but an improvement on GMS - would at least make the bench every week.

Kye Rowles - squad player, hopefully an improvement on Moore - would at least make the bench every week.

Liam Neilson - squad player, but an improvement on Jamie Brandon

Lawrence Shankland - probably going to offer something similar to Boyce but maybe a slight improvement (see Simms) - would at least make the bench every week.

Yan Dhanda - squad player, but an improvement on Ginnelly - would at least make the bench every week.

Callum Paterson - probably a squad player / super sub - would at least make the bench every week.

Trent Sainsbury - starting 11

Connor Ronan - starting 11

Dylan Levitt - starting 11 or there abouts

Ellis Simms - starting 11 (and would compliment Shankland better than Boyce)

Adding in my own finds:

Aidan McAdams - backup obviously, until Gordon calls it a day

Allen Halilovic - starting 11 or there abouts

Don't know how realistic Sainsbury is. I mentioned him because I found him online after someone said we were after an Aussie CB but that might have been Rowles. Some others have mentioned Sainsbury too but don't know if they've just done what I've done and found him somewhere. If not, and we do have a credible interest then he's about the best Aussie CB out there. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Marooned In Oz
16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Remember the window isn't actually open yet (so no fee-paying transfers yet - strictly free agents only), and that contracts in England and a lot of other countries don't expire til 30th June so think we might need to wait until then to hear about some bigger signings. For now, we'll probably only see players from within Scotland or who have been released early, or players for whom we've had to pay a fee (which I don't think we'll do early in the window).

But aye... Its a bit of a mixture really. Obviously there's been some mad names so far but of those that come up regularly and seem to be taken a bit more seriously:

Alan Forrest - squad player, but an improvement on GMS - would at least make the bench every week.

Kye Rowles - squad player, hopefully an improvement on Moore - would at least make the bench every week.

Liam Neilson - squad player, but an improvement on Jamie Brandon

Lawrence Shankland - probably going to offer something similar to Boyce but maybe a slight improvement (see Simms) - would at least make the bench every week.

Yan Dhanda - squad player, but an improvement on Ginnelly - would at least make the bench every week.

Callum Paterson - probably a squad player / super sub - would at least make the bench every week.

Connor Ronan - starting 11

Dylan Levitt - starting 11 or there abouts

Ellis Simms - starting 11 (and would compliment Shankland better than Boyce)

Adding in my own finds:

Aidan McAdams - backup obviously, until Gordon calls it a day

Allen Halilovic - starting 11 or there abouts

Don't know how realistic Sainsbury is. I mentioned him because I found him online after someone said we were after an Aussie CB but that might have been Rowles. Some others have mentioned Sainsbury too but don't know if they've just done what I've done and found him somewhere. If not, and we do have a credible interest then he's about the best Aussie CB out there. 

Sainsbury will not be signing for hearts 

jamboinglasgow

Dundee United have just announced that Lewis Neilson has rejected their final offer and will now depart, press reports today we are in talks with him. 

Considering how things have gone in the last year with transfers, I think there is now a high chance he will be announced as a Hearts player in the next few days.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dundee United have just announced that Lewis Neilson has rejected their final offer and will now depart, press reports today we are in talks with him. 

Considering how things have gone in the last year with transfers, I think there is now a high chance he will be announced as a Hearts player in the next few days.

Wouldnt surprise me if he already is a Hearts player if it’s in the papers. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Wouldnt surprise me if he already is a Hearts player if it’s in the papers. 

Seems to be the way of it nowadays, Savage runs a very tight ship

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

The announcement of our acceptance into the B league might change things a bit. I believe Stone is eligible for the B team next season. And while with the B team he can play for the first team. So we would be able to have Stewart on the bench, but bring Stone in if Gordon is ill, injured or suspended. Whether we still rate Stone highly enough and whether Neilson/Savage are willing to take that risk to spend money elsewhere is an open question.

I noticed he wasn't in the recent Scotland u21 squad - didn't he used to make that squad?

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Lewis Neilson also shares an agent with Alan Forrest and Scott McGill so talks could easily have been underway for weeks

Dick Dastardly
29 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yeah probably not the time to judge. Hopefully a few gems will emerge before the end of July . 

I'm still hoping for a loan deal for David Brooks to get him into the Welsh World Cup squad. I won't be holding my breath though

2 minutes ago, briever said:

I noticed he wasn't in the recent Scotland u21 squad - didn't he used to make that squad?

Might have made squads but hasn't been capped at u21 level that i can see

Absolute Scenes

Remember before we signed out main players last season we played Sunderland in that friendly and this place blew up in rage. Everyone settle. Alan forrrest may well be a diamond with better players round him. Connor Ronan could be what we are missing. Let’s not categorise our new players into different levels, they may well all be an improvement. they probably won’t be I’m fully on board the happy clapper train 😎 feeling really positive about our club and the next season 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Rick Sanchez

Savage has been tighter than Tam from Still Game and now the names are leaking. Either done deals or he won't be happy.

indianajones
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Remember before we signed out main players last season we played Sunderland in that friendly and this place blew up in rage. Everyone settle. Alan forrrest may well be a diamond with better players round him. Connor Ronan could be what we are missing. Let’s not categorise our new players into categories. I’m feeling really positive about our club and the next season 

I'm really excited. 

57 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

You’re a kind of glass half full type of person. Don’t be so miserable. 

That's got nothing to do with optimism/pessimism - he's barely played for Utd - he's not going to be starting for us every week next season if we sign him.

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Remember before we signed out main players last season we played Sunderland in that friendly and this place blew up in rage. Everyone settle. Alan forrrest may well be a diamond with better players round him. Connor Ronan could be what we are missing. Let’s not categorise our new players into different levels, they may well all be an improvement. they probably won’t be I’m fully on board the happy clapper train 😎 feeling really positive about our club and the next season 

Good post. 

Some posters are lookin at names and thinking they aren't glamorous enough. I think the Club have earned a bit of leeway after the last two transfer windows.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Savage has been tighter than Tam from Still Game and now the names are leaking. Either done deals or he won't be happy.

Yup, Forrest was a weird one that our interest was known months ago, but I suspect that was an agent who tried to play the game. But look at Rowles, Evening News report (after detective work the day before on here) that we are in talks, couple of days later its announce we have signed him (pending Work permit.)

2 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

And that shows that.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, briever said:

That's got nothing to do with optimism/pessimism - he's barely played for Utd - he's not going to be starting for us every week next season if we sign him.

Unless he comes in, has a very good pre season and establishes himself. 

15 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Might have made squads but hasn't been capped at u21 level that i can see

Liked the look of McFarlane in the youth cup final.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Dundee United fan's not amused. Always a bonus.

The seethe :rofl: 

image.thumb.png.1b2e9442c788b1fc6bb955f689a28ac5.png

4 minutes ago, GYL said:

If he was offered new contract in February I assume that means compensation will need to be paid?

No I think had to be offered before January but could be wrong 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, GYL said:

If he was offered new contract in February I assume that means compensation will need to be paid?

Yeah, the article says that Dundee United would be due it and United expect it to be significant as he has been there since 10.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The seethe :rofl: 

image.thumb.png.1b2e9442c788b1fc6bb955f689a28ac5.png

Bit like what many on here said about Souttar 

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Bit like what many on here said about Souttar 

Please don't invite me to any of your parties

Thanks in advance 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

Please don't invite me to any of your parties

Thanks in advance 

Eh?

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Eh?

You're always grim on here, always looking on the down side, a real hoot! 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, the article says that Dundee United would be due it and United expect it to be significant as he has been there since 10.

I read earlier on here that due to the date they offered him the contract we might’ve found a loophole round it. Correct me if I’m wrong…

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You're always grim on here, always looking on the down side, a real hoot! 

Ummm no 

was just stating a fact 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***