*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

KyleLafferty
6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Maybe he meant Hickey?

Let’s hope so, first time in a while we’ve done well in a season and the squad hasn’t been torn apart, want to keep as many as possible.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

I think as been mentioned before it’s not the actually transfer fee it the wages these players expect. Exceptionally High earner coming might cause more bother than it’s worth. 

johnking123
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Only players I can see that would give us that cash would be; 

Kingsley or Beni 

Halkett and Devlin have had a few watching on too. But yes this year is hickey. Hopefully next season has more sellable assets.  

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Again, the fee is only half of the financial outlay, for that amount he will be expecting good wages (being a talented young player at a Premier league club he is probably on a good amount already.) As already has been pointed out, if he comes in on massive wages, then other players will be demanding higher wages. Which pushes our wage bill up and costs a lot more for us.

The whole speculate to accumulate sounds good, but its more complicated and has a lot deeper risks. As Johnking says, we can build up to spending that amount with repeated European football. I would also say that it could work better for us to loan him for a season with an option to buy, as if he gets us into Europe again and we have this extra money then we could buy him and then sell him for more then.

Anyone who thinks we will pay Circa £1:6 million for Simms plus hie  wage package is completely deluded on Hibernian FC scales of delusion .

johnking123
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I think as been mentioned before it’s not the actually transfer fee it the wages these players expect. Exceptionally High earner coming might cause more bother than it’s worth. 

Every club has to deal with that. 

HamishMcGonagall
8 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Is there not a Scottish lad (ex Dundee possibly ?) playing in Poland the now? No sure if he’s a CB right enough. 

Barry Douglas? LB that used to play for Dundee Utd.

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Correct, but not every club has a Jimmy Anderson that could easily take a right fancy to a player and decide to chuck an extra half mil into the transfer pot whilst at the same time personally handing said player a 5k bonus each week

20 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will break million pound transfer. But player sales will be key to that happening.

So a hypothetical scenario could be……….

Simms priced at £ 1 . 6 m

We negotiate that down to £ 1 . 2 m

We get an un accounted for £ 2 m from Hickey sell on clause

We spread the pay ments over two summer windows at £ 600 thousand in each

We get £ 250 thousand for the youth to Aston Villa

We get £250 thousand for Smithy from American club

Insert all the usual stuff like sell on or what ever ………….

Would that count as spending a million on a player or do you mean all in the one window

28 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

At our level it becomes more of an issue imo. Once you raise the ceiling substantially every negotiation raises. Yes it happens elsewhere doesn’t mean it’s the right road to go down. No it doesn’t happen at every club. 

Edited by Dazo

mellors1874

If Neilson and Savage want to close the gap with the old firm like they keep going on about them buying players for over a million pounds is going to be needed.

1.6 million is affordable for Hearts but reckon it will be negotiated down a bit if we're after him.

Just now, Dazo said:

At our level it becomes more of an issue imo. Once you raise the ceiling substantially every negotiation raises. Yes it happens elsewhere doesn’t mean it’s the right road to go down. 

I suppose the hope is that the other players raise their level to earn a new contract on a similar wage and that that and the better players coming in on higher wages earn us more money through success and or sales to allow us to keep it up …………… definitely a risk to squad harmony involved though 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I suppose the hope is that the other players raise their level to earn a new contract on a similar wage and that that and the better players coming in on higher wages earn us more money through success and or sales to allow us to keep it up …………… definitely a risk to squad harmony involved though 

Absolutely and see the logic. If the incomings can maintain a higher wage budget then that’s okay. We are going to need regular euro league participation to maintain it though. I trust those who run the club to make the right call, a performance(personal and club) related high wages I’m okay with. 

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Would that count as spending a million on a player or do you mean all in the one window

Wages bro... wages. 

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Balancing the books for player fees can always be done, it the wages part of the deal that could be the issue. 

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

Wages bro... wages. 

I know I know ………… If I am honest I am just enjoying discussing it as though it is a reality because it makes a nice change from gurning about losing average players for peanuts or trying to convince my self Irving Walker and Brandon are the next big thing 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Balancing the books for player fees can always be done, it the wages part of the deal that could be the issue. 

Absolutely all just a bit of fun to toss it about in your mind though

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

People are of their nut if they think we are going north of £1m :lol: 

Why do you think we won’t?

Personally, I think if we do it’s a combination of Hickey moving on, combined with prize money, and the European money we can comfortably forecast. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

People are of their nut if they think we are going north of £1m :lol: 

We are probably in the best position the club has ever been in to do such a thing, isn’t that crazy imo. 

18 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

If Neilson and Savage want to close the gap with the old firm like they keep going on about them buying players for over a million pounds is going to be needed.

1.6 million is affordable for Hearts but reckon it will be negotiated down a bit if we're after him.

We all want to close the gap, but we also need to be realistic. Spending that sort of money on one player isn't something we can afford at this in time. A few years of finishing at least 3rd and getting group stages of Europe and we might get there but, at this moment, no danger.

10 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd offer 200k and a sell on for Shankland and try and loan a first choice striker for the season.

I'm sure our man Lancefield will have a suggestion or two.

I'd offer nothing for Shankland - if Neilson wants him wait until next year - he's not worth spending money on.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't know if he's worth anything like that sort of money.

a 21 year old, English striker who’d have a good chance of hitting 20+ goals a season.

Birmingham paid over £2m for Sam cosgrove. And bid £3m for Kevin Nisbet 

Again - I am not saying we would or could pay it. But completely mental to suggest he isn’t worth it.  Further up the thread someone suggested they wanted a season 20-30 goal a season striker.. well then we’d be looking at £5million + 

we can’t rewind time. That’s how much they cost

Gorgie_Rules

Spending £1mil+ on Simms would be the end of him. Soon as we inevitably hit a run of 3 or 4 games without a decent result and him not scoring there would be the ‘£1million for that?’ from the usual moaners.

If we are to ever spend fees in excess of a million we need to build up to it, £500k with the wages that a £500k player demands is about our limit right now.

Simms is worth the cash if it was a perm but I can't see us splashing cash that much on fees, wage structure in place for a reason

Naisys Tackle
18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We are probably in the best position the club has ever been in to do such a thing, isn’t that crazy imo. 

I'll be absolutely amazed if we do.   I would say it would be worth it, Everton would be mad to even sell for £1m.   I think Simms will go to Blackburn on loan next year as a favor to their next manager if he gets the job. 

cosanostra

If we sold a player for 4 or 5m, I could see us spending £1m on another. Easier said than done but it would make sense.

Naisys Tackle
18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't know if he's worth anything like that sort of money.

Look at what Ali McBurnie has went for.

Simms is a class young player who will end up singing for the likes of West Brom for £5m this time next year.  

indianajones

Keep saying it but £1mil+ is worth it.

Mainly to erase the Bosnian Bullets name from the history pages. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, cosanostra said:

If we sold a player for 4 or 5m, I could see us spending £1m on another. Easier said than done but it would make sense.

We sold Craig for £8m under Vlad and still went nowhere near £1m on a player.   You sign a £1m player you give him wages of a player thats worth that also. 

Naisys Tackle
25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why do you think we won’t?

Personally, I think if we do it’s a combination of Hickey moving on, combined with prize money, and the European money we can comfortably forecast. 

AB isnt the type of Chairperson to do so.  We havent ever in our history.  2 really good reasons. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Savage said at the FOH night that Simms' wages meant no chance of him signing permanently even if we would pay £1m plus- and that loan would be only option.

Just can't see it

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

AB isnt the type of Chairperson to do so.  We havent ever in our history.  2 really good reasons. 

We haven’t ever doesn’t mean we won’t ever. The financial climate in football has changed. 

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

If I'm counting correctly it's one syllable short of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I wonder if he has a middle name . . .

Great signing just for the name. Imagine having Big Konstantine at the back 😂💪🏻

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think us paying a million pound transfer fee anytime soon is for the birds !! million pound players demand huge wages and there's no way we going to push away from our wage structure

No quite sure million pound players demand huge wages or much more than guys like Souttar, McKay, Beni  etc would demand. 

Not beyond us in the next season or 2.

I can see  us paying £10k plus a week for a player soon If we are always in Europe. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Keep saying it but £1mil+ is worth it.

Mainly to erase the Bosnian Bullets name from the history pages. 

Mercer - £ 800 thousand for Robertson

Robinson - £ 500 thousand for Niemi and similar for Petric - I think

Romanov - £ 850 thousand for Beslija and £ 500 thousand for a few players including Aguiar and Goncalves I think

Us - ?

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We sold Craig for £8m under Vlad and still went nowhere near £1m on a player.   You sign a £1m player you give him wages of a player thats worth that also. 

Our finances were a mess under Romanov and we paid not that far south of a million on Beslija

While I don't think we will pay anywhere close to that kind of fee for Ellis Simms, I think It would show our ambition/vision as a club if we are even trying to negotiate a permanent deal for such a player with bags of potential, let's play devils advocate here and say we break our budget and pay 1m for Simms, which is not outwith the realms of possibility considering the money we have just earned, say we got him on a long term contract and paid him 10k a week, he could quite easily bang in 15-20 goals next season and help us get to another final or even win a cup, if that happens and he impresses against a couple of sides in europe, we could easily be looking at offers of 10m+ the following summer, it's also quite possible that it might not work out and he gets a bad injury and then we are stuck paying big wages to a guy who is on the treatment table or even worse is off form, In a nutshell this is a risk, do we risk 1m quid to potential earn 10 x that a season down the line or not? I have a feeling he might just be worth it, but will respect the club if they don't see it like that, would be quite happy to get him on loan again tbh.

sandylejambo

If we have £1,000,000, we should buy the land we are going to need for the new training ground. Land prices are going through the roof and they're not making any more of it.

12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

When you consider we have only lost 1 player this summer for free this summer when we had Souttar, Haring, Kingsley, Gordon and Halkett all in their last year of their contract at the start shows you how well those at the club are doing building a team.

That's a really smart observation. It was certainly risky having so many top experienced players in their final year. We are in far better hands now with Savage and his team handling the future direction of the club. HHGH

cosanostra
15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We signed Beslija for 1m Euros. That's not far from £1m. I think it was about £850k. 

We were also a complete mess in terms of financial management. 

I'm not convinced that we will be spending £1m on a transfer fee but it's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility that we might be able to eventually. 

Phil D. Corners

I believe/assume Savage has a good plan. 

Right now we are signing good prospects for free/nominal cost, that we potentially sell for a million. 

In the future we can use that money to increase the wage bill and sign players for 500k that could be sold for couple million. 

If we increase the wage bill and start selling players regularly for over a couple million we can think about signing players for over a million. 

baby steps. 

Bazzas right boot

Anyway, Wages aren't a problem. 

We were paying Clare about £40k a week, which was just behind our top earner - the window cleaner. 

Robbie has confirmed Simms is very unlikely to return. A number of English championship teams interested who can offer a larger contribution to his wages. 

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Mercer - £ 800 thousand for Robertson

Robinson - £ 500 thousand for Niemi and similar for Petric - I think

Romanov - £ 850 thousand for Beslija and £ 500 thousand for a few players including Aguiar and Goncalves I think

Us - ?

Our finances were a mess under Romanov and we paid not that far south of a million on Beslija

Romanov era we paid 650k for Juho Makela i'm sure. Crazy money considering how poor he was!

Just now, karipidis said:

Robbie has confirmed Simms is very unlikely to return. A number of English championship teams interested who can offer a larger contribution to his wages. 

Neilson and Savage are like the oracle in the Matrix movies they only ever say what people need to hear 😄 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Romanov era we paid 650k for Juho Makela i'm sure. Crazy money considering how poor he was!

I could not remember which players cost what but yes we were tossing around fees of half a million and in some cases north of that for a while ................... yes Makela was another I think

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nothing beats Petric for about £500k, that's about £1m in today's money. 

£350k and £250k for guys like Jim Weir and Brian Hamilton, not far off 30 year ago-  so not far of £1m in today's money either. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nothing beats Petric for about £500k, that's about £1m in today's money. 

£350k and £250k for guys like Jim Weir and Brian Hamilton, not far off 30 year ago-  so not far of £1m in today's money either. 

Brian Hamilton that was our worst he was shit at Hibs as well

cosanostra

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

My memory is not the best but I think we paid £500k for Makela and £600k for Goncalves.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***