*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

jamboinglasgow

It is fascinating seeing comments from Robbie, McKinley and Ann in the last week about the future. The fact they are all on the same message, that we need to get to the next level, we are going to use the extra funds to get us on that way, but getting regular European football is needed, is a really positive sign.

I have found the club has always been one to downplay expectations (they may talk of targets but again it is usually more realistic much to the annoyance of some on here.) So if they are talking like this, then hopefully its a really good sign (of course it could be that they have got to over-excited when talking after a good season.)

I am looking forward to who we sign this summer. I am not expecting every signing to be players we are really excited about, I can see some being unglamorous players who will do important jobs for us. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Aussie Jambo

I’m just happy to read that GMS will most likely be moved on. 

He just reminds me of Andy Watson. Another sheep player who we loved to hate. Only hearts player I can remember who us fans sang about being crap.

🎶Name that tune.🎵

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

He just reminds me of Andy Watson. Another sheep player who we loved to hate. Only hearts player I can remember who us fans sang about being crap.

🎶Name that tune.🎵

Where have you read this? 

GMS is nowhere our list of worst players. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree. He’s not on the great list but no where near the worst list.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Kenny Miller is such a fud and he seems to have a real problem with Hearts and likes to try and put us in our place when ever there is an opportunity bit of a strange guy really ………………. probably still scarred from the championship season where we skudded his beloved blue bigots while he was scuttling around up front for them

I think he went in to the Hearts dressing room after we beat them in a game once and told our team to stop celebrating can you even imagine the level of ****wittery that would take ……….. disappointed that no body kicked his head in for that

He's a spoon burning, tim, hun. Usually you just get one thing to hate but he's all of them.

1 hour ago, Robdawg said:

Kye Rowles. 

my mate in Oz said he was told this rumour recently that we were talking to him 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

🎶Name that tune.🎵

Ffs. 

Aussie Jambo
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Same place as Kenny Miller pish about Ellis. He’s shite and easily our worst player. Trips over a blade of grass. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilsons-hearts-transfer-priorities-24059530?fbclid=IwAR36AW57QgbHIRejDmMuuYpyQJKW6JdfTrXvpTUQy6NFBSxY94P_W7nbv34

Winger:

Gary Mackay-Steven perhaps didn’t have the desired impact. He turns 32 in August and isn’t a regular starter, so could be a candidate to move on this summer despite having a year left on his deal.

I genuinely believe Dembele should be looked at and spoken to. At 19

he is worth a contract if he isn’t looking for huge money.

Clerry Jambo

Terms agreed with Connor Smith to extend into next season and beyond according the EEN

Edited by Clerry Jambo

13 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Im confused cause all my guesses have more ********************.  But ill start my guess with spacehopper faced wee hun**** faced **** licking****** blue nose hun tit.

He grew up a Hibs fan. 😏

He hates Hearts and the feeling is mutual 😂

Finlay James
25 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Terms agreed with Connor Smith to extend into next season and beyond according the EEN

This is great news 👏

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

This is great news 👏

Agreed. Would be good to see him progress.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He grew up a Hibs fan. 😏

He hates Hearts and the feeling is mutual 😂

The media and press are full of wee dafties that hate us and spout pish. 

Boyd, Mcmanus, Miller not too mention fuds like, Commons, Charlie Nicholas, Andy walker and Provan. 

All bitter wee arseholes. 

That Willie Miller, pretend St Mirren fan "" chick " ( Wtf) and other Aberdeen prick can do one as well. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

PapaShango
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I've always liked the look of him when he has played. Seems to play forward and gets his head up. Sounds as though he done well on loan so might be a chance for him to kick on and be part of the squad. We will need more players so if he can be used as a squad player over the season then that may be the plan. I did see Robbie say they may look to put him out on loan at a higher level next season though, which might suggest a premier league side if QP are in the Championship. 

18 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I've always liked the look of him when he has played. Seems to play forward and gets his head up. Sounds as though he done well on loan so might be a chance for him to kick on and be part of the squad. We will need more players so if he can be used as a squad player over the season then that may be the plan. I did see Robbie say they may look to put him out on loan at a higher level next season though, which might suggest a premier league side if QP are in the Championship. 

I really hope we keep him around.  I'm actually BORED saying it, but boys like Connor Smith are so neglected by Scottish football.  He needs to be around Riccarton, picking up minutes here and there and being ready to step in and take his chance when we have an injury or two,

But he can't.  Cos we've no reserve or u23 football in our country.  So the only lads we have available, who can play football every week, are u18s.

I truly hate how our game is run.  Everything actually very good, or OK at least until you are 18.  As soon as it's time to become a full professional and get playing, our boys are neglected.  And it's been this way for yeeeeears.  Surely that's just about the most important part of the process?  Otherwise what's the point?  The aim isn't to have a fabby u18s

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I really hope we keep him around.  I'm actually BORED saying it, but boys like Connor Smith are so neglected by Scottish football.  He needs to be around Riccarton, picking up minutes here and there and being ready to step in and take his chance when we have an injury or two,

But he can't.  Cos we've no reserve or u23 football in our country.  So the only lads we have available, who can play football every week, are u18s.

I truly hate how our game is run.  Everything actually very good, or OK at least until you are 18.  As soon as it's time to become a full professional and get playing, our boys are neglected.  And it's been this way for yeeeeears.  Surely that's just about the most important part of the process?  Otherwise what's the point?  The aim isn't to have a fabby u18s

read else where on here that our selfs and Hibs are pushing for a return of the reserves

PapaShango
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely agree. We need to make decisions based on getting them games, surely need to get some form of reserve league back. 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

read else where on here that our selfs and Hibs are pushing for a return of the reserves

BUt how is it being discussed at the end of MAY!!!  It's soooo mental.

Good to hear Hibs have joined in wanting this though.  Even if 8 teams wanted it, they'd get a 28 game season or whatever.  Wonder if the lowland league thing falls through, if the OF will fall back on wanting reserves.  Then it'll happen.  For all the wrong reasons, but at least it'll happen.

Just now, TheBigO said:

BUt how is it being discussed at the end of MAY!!!  It's soooo mental.

Good to hear Hibs have joined in wanting this though.  Even if 8 teams wanted it, they'd get a 28 game season or whatever.  Wonder if the lowland league thing falls through, if the OF will fall back on wanting reserves.  Then it'll happen.  For all the wrong reasons, but at least it'll happen.

I totally agree typical of Scottish football to leave every thing to the last minute and run around in a panic with their pants on their heads ................................ a reserve side should be a condition of Premiership membership

bobby bombscare

I see that Itten is moving for about 1.5mil. I would assume that Simms would be a similar value as him, so may be someone we could get on a few with a sell on? 

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I totally agree typical of Scottish football to leave every thing to the last minute and run around in a panic with their pants on their heads ................................ a reserve side should be a condition of Premiership membership

There is little doubt that playing in the lowland league has helped both Rangers and Celtic ready young players for First team football and allowed them to bring on some of these players. The also used it to rehabilitate injured players. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I see that Itten is moving for about 1.5mil. I would assume that Simms would be a similar value as him, so may be someone we could get on a few with a sell on? 

Simms is English so it automatically inflates his value. 

I’d be very surprised if we made a move to permanently sign him.

2 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

There is little doubt that playing in the lowland league has helped both Rangers and Celtic ready young players for First team football and allowed them to bring on some of these players. The also used it to rehabilitate injured players. 

I would be fine with that too at this stage I barely care what format it takes I just want these guys to be a team and play competitive games 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Excuse my ignorance but what’s his best position ??

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Absolutely should be.

We need ANOTHER breakaway league is my opinion now.  Never been more obvious than the last couple of years that the smaller, small-minded clubs hold us all back.  It doesn't effect the OF as their machine keeps rolling but anyone with any ambition below them is severely hampered by the amateurs.

Where's this Deloitte report?

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely should be.

We need ANOTHER breakaway league is my opinion now.  Never been more obvious than the last couple of years that the smaller, small-minded clubs hold us all back.  It doesn't effect the OF as their machine keeps rolling but anyone with any ambition below them is severely hampered by the amateurs.

Again I totally agree the old firm are fine and the smaller clubs are fine it is the larger non old firm teams that things are set up to just basically ignore

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely should be.

Couldn't agree more, but we cannot have a situation where 2 votes can kill anything for obvious reasons.

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Couldn't agree more, but we cannot have a situation where 2 votes can kill anything for obvious reasons.

Nope, we need at very least a 9/3 system.  Simple majority would be what I'd want.  If their biggest fear, which we're told, is gate shares, then take off the table in the agreement.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

it would be a chance to address that too hope fully a big problem that we have is that old firm crowds four times a season is more important to many of the clubs in the premiership than any thing else

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Excuse my ignorance but what’s his best position ??

A left-sided Aaron McEneff is about as best as I could describe him. A sort of attacking midfielder who prefers to play centrally but can drift out wide if needed.

More than happy for him to be given a chance if he's good enough. I'm not sure if he is personally but I guess we'll find out. 

13 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Raskin? 

If we could somehow pull that off, that would be amazing. Linked with Leeds but he's nowhere near that level. 

Superb if this is the level we're at least attempting to sign though. 

Whelm-tastic.

We're going to be playing group stage European football, so if the guy is nowhere near the level required to be a Leeds player then why are we entertaining it?

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We're going to be playing group stage European football, so if the guy is nowhere near the level required to be a Leeds player then why are we entertaining it?

So you really think that because someone isn't currently anywhere near good enough for Leeds (he might be one day, but he's not now) that he's not good enough for Hearts?? Bearing in mind that in this example, if he signed for Leeds his competition would be Raphinha (worth about £50M), Daniel James (cost them £20M), Jack Harrison (cost them £12M), and Crysencio Summerville (linked with Celtic)?? 

Don't be daft. 

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

So you really think that because someone isn't currently anywhere near good enough for Leeds (he might be one day, but he's not now) that he's not good enough for Hearts?? Bearing in mind that in this example, if he signed for Leeds his competition would be Raphinha (worth about £50M), Daniel James (cost them £20M), Jack Harrison (cost them £12M), and Crysencio Summerville (linked with Celtic)?? 

Don't be daft. 

It means that if he's not good enough to compete at Leeds then he won't be good enough up against similar players in Europe. 

I don't know who the boy is, no clue whatsoever so I'm basing my opinion on him not being anywhere near good enough to play for a team who just escaped relegation last season.

Not that daft.

Now our loan players have left we really do have a small squad. Of course 1 or 2 may come back but we still need at least 6 imo. Hopefully quality not quantity 

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Now our loan players have left we really do have a small squad. Of course 1 or 2 may come back but we still need at least 6 imo. Hopefully quality not quantity 

We'll sign about 10. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We'll sign about 10. 

You may well be right. Some will be bench fillers and some will be first picks hopefully 

PapaShango

I think Savage already addressed the squad number in his interview last week. 24 is the optimum number we are looking at, so could easily be up to 10 new signings. I would definitely take Cochrane back on loan and obviously Simms but the others I'm not fussed about. I wouldn't be surprised to see Woodburn sign though, I know Robbie thinks he has big potential so we may offer him terms. 

Rogue Daddy
17 hours ago, indianajones said:

Kenny Miller has a face like a scourer after its been used to wash a cheese grater.

Horrible guy. Pretty much ended a young lads career through malice. 

He always reminds me of this Star Wars character....

edrio.jpg

ToadKiller Dog

I see a few news reports saying the Orcs should go in for Simms .won't suprise me if they tried to nick him.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I see a few news reports saying the Orcs should go in for Simms .won't suprise me if they tried to nick him.

Probably more to stop us getting him rather than them needing him. I'm pretty sure they will go for someone more proven but I could be wrong. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It means that if he's not good enough to compete at Leeds then he won't be good enough up against similar players in Europe. 

I don't know who the boy is, no clue whatsoever so I'm basing my opinion on him not being anywhere near good enough to play for a team who just escaped relegation last season.

Not that daft.

EPL is light years ahead of most teams you play in Europe, like or not English Premier has a talent pool reaching down miles now

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

EPL is light years ahead of most teams you play in Europe, like or not English Premier has a talent pool reaching down miles now

Yeah and no, I get what you're saying but it wasn't West Ham or Leicester that got to the final this year.

Batistuta87
50 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Not that daft.

I think you need to lower your expectations slightly. At best, we'll be looking more at players who have failed to cut it at clubs like Leeds and who they actively want rid of. Raskin isn't currently good enough to play for Leeds but he might be one day (and I would suggest he has the potential to do so). Currently however, he's miles off. 

Players who are competing at clubs like Leeds are miles out of our league. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***