• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

15 minutes ago, pointon said:

No much knowledge of Aussie football is boy a squad filler or a starter 

More squad filler than starter I do believe. Highly doubt Neilson will view him as a replacement for Souttar but I could see him being brought in as a replacement for Moore. 

5 minutes ago, MelbJambo said:

More squad filler than starter I do believe. Highly doubt Neilson will view him as a replacement for Souttar but I could see him being brought in as a replacement for Moore. 

👍

Chillidigits
4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Absolutely agree. We need to make decisions based on getting them games, surely need to get some form of reserve league back. 

Could all the teams who want reserve league football not just agree a format between themselves to play each other ?  Surely better than nothing at all.

PapaShango
55 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I don’t care about his driving ability. He is a winger that has played 1 game in two years and has scored 11 goals in his whole career. 5 of them were on loan to Derby that convinced Bournemouth in classic English football idiocy

style to pay £15m for him.

Signing him because he once played for Liverpool would be a step in to the dark ages of the Levein signing policy.

The money he would want, we could do much better.

Have we been linked anywhere with him? Just trawling the thread and seen some link to him but not sure where the story came from.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Have we been linked anywhere with him? Just trawling the thread and seen some link to him but not sure where the story came from.

No is the short answer but someone said his name (again, as per previous years) and it’s done what usually happens. 

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, MelbJambo said:

May not be a bad thing for him to be initially back up rather than the player to be replace Souttar. Gives him time to adapt to Scottish football, not every player is going hit the ground running (even Devlin who has adapted so well, I saw interviewed back in November talk about how he found the games a lot faster and everyone so much fitter than in Australia.)

PapaShango
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

May not be a bad thing for him to be initially back up rather than the player to be replace Souttar. Gives him time to adapt to Scottish football, not every player is going hit the ground running (even Devlin who has adapted so well, I saw interviewed back in November talk about how he found the games a lot faster and everyone so much fitter than in Australia.)

Yeah I think that was the plan for Atkinson but with Smith being injured he played more than we planned for him. 

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Absolutely. In my opinion, as someone who watches football in both Aus and Scotland, the A league stacks up okay tactically and perhaps technically with the football in Scotland but there is a glaring difference in physicality and intensity. There is also simply no comparison in Australia to coming up against sides of the old firms quality so for Rowles to be expected to fill Souttar’s role from the get go would be too big an ask in my opinion. I see a squad player role for him as a great fit. 

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, MelbJambo said:

Absolutely. In my opinion, as someone who watches football in both Aus and Scotland, the A league stacks up okay tactically and perhaps technically with the football in Scotland but there is a glaring difference in physicality and intensity. There is also simply no comparison in Australia to coming up against sides of the old firms quality so for Rowles to be expected to fill Souttar’s role from the get go would be too big an ask in my opinion. I see a squad player role for him as a great fit. 

He seems the right age and from some of the footage looks decent technically. Your right though, physically playing here can be tough for a centre half with some of the players that he will come up against. If he's not used to that then it won't be a bad thing to give him time. I also feel this is where Sibbick needs to improve as well. The EEN says he can also play full back. Is that somewhere he looks comfortable? I know Moore played there a few times, however he always looked uncomfortable and more like a centre half shunted out there. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Some stats on Rowles

Great numbers as they say. Can’t do much better than being nearly the best at everything in your position in the league…

Absolute Scenes

a very good friend of mine watches A league religiously, gave me good reports on Devlin and Atkinson before they joined us but has given a very scathing report of Rowles - "bombscare" is the term that was used. 

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

a very good friend of mine watches A league religiously, gave me good reports on Devlin and Atkinson before they joined us but has given a very scathing report of Rowles - "bombscare" is the term that was used. 

Not doubting your mate but those stats do not really look bombscare territory to me .......................................... was he meaning his hair

stevie1874
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He got fined and banned, he was punished. 

That is taking responsibility. 

Tbh, I don't want folk like you in Tynecastle, you'd have the hands of kids for stealing sweets and have folk unemployed for life because they smashed up a police car window and pissed on the wheel when they were drunk at 19. 🙃

That attitude adds to the problems and stops folk from all walks of life having a second chance and contributing to society. 

Not always a lot we agree on but 👏👏 for this. 

Rick Sanchez
14 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Some stats on Rowles

You can't say that's not worth a punt.

Left footed and offers the chance to move Kingsley to left back.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Sooks said:

Not doubting your mate but those stats do not really look bombscare territory to me .......................................... was he meaning his hair

haha may well have!

nah in all seriousness, stats are a really good indicator - however i know that part of our recruitment strategy does rely on statistics, Devlin the example (sure i remember Savage saying that Neilson confirmed what type of player he needed and from there the analysts would shortlist players based on performance stats - i think?). My mate has watched him first hand in a lot of games, same with Devlin and Atkinson (who he was very surprised we'd been able to sign)

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Funny that. Not sure if I would have called him a bomb scare but in my head I always thought he was pretty technically limited from what I’ve seen of him, though looking at his stats just posted they suggest otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

haha may well have!

nah in all seriousness, stats are a really good indicator - however i know that part of our recruitment strategy does rely on statistics, Devlin the example (sure i remember Savage saying that Neilson confirmed what type of player he needed and from there the analysts would shortlist players based on performance stats - i think?). My mate has watched him first hand in a lot of games, same with Devlin and Atkinson (who he was very surprised we'd been able to sign)

I have never seen him beyond that wee clip above so he will know a lot more about how good or bad he is than I do 🙂 

There have been a few CH's over the years who were actually fantastic players. Most of the derision comes from the odd cluster**** and ignores the consistency. 

Zal would be one of ours. Amoruso at Rangers and more recently Starfelt at Celtic.

No idea of the boy but those stats are impressive and the Aussie market is one we generally do well in. Seems a good signing on paper if we can make it happen.

Edited by Homme

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

From the person who put that stats on twitter above said about whether he is a bombscare

Sounds like Craig Halkett

Looks like we're signing another player with potential again, hopefully we'll get a good mix with some established performers coming in as well.

PapaShango

Notice he's also been called into the Aussie National Team squad, so he obviously has something about him. One thing for certain that we have seen from all the Aussies we have had is that they are all absolutely desperate to win and give 100% every game. We won't be signing players for millions of pounds so these are the type we will be making. 

RustyRightPeg
31 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From the person who put that stats on twitter above said about whether he is a bombscare

Thats got to be some sort of record. 

Linked with a player and within the hour the phrase bombscare is floating about. 

Thank god we’ve not waited weeks for a concrete rumour eh…

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

There are many professions out there who do not give roles to individuals with a criminal record, why should Hearts be any different? 

Which ones? 

Which crimes? 

Likley hood is that the profession bans or prohibits them, and that is different. 

He he banned from all football? 

If not, why would Hearts treat him differently? 

I assume he won't be going for a job as a taxi driver or bus driver due to his crime but why would an individual employer not employ him in a football context? 

I'd hope Hearts, as an equal opportunity employer would not put a blanket ban on roles offered to everyone with a criminal record and treat each case individually. 

In fact, I'd bet they do just that. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Which one?

Both, it was a good holiday with new experiences. 

I see Sunderland having a huge clear out after promotion to the championship. 

Will Grigg still only 30. Would be delighted if we went for someone like him.

Italian Lambretta

No shock that the first player we are looking at is a defender. I wonder if the next player will also be a defender or maybe a defensive midfielder?

Once there are no more defensive players to get we might actually find the time to find a good quality attacking midfielder 😑

Edited by Italian Lambretta
Edit

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I see Sunderland having a huge clear out after promotion to the championship. 

Will Grigg still only 30. Would be delighted if we went for someone like him.

We are desperate for a new, uncomplicated, song. Worth signing him for that alone.

fast_blood
6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No shock that the first player we are looking at is a defender. I wonder if the next player will also be a defender or maybe a defensive midfielder?

Once there are no more defensive players to get we might actually find the time to find a good quality attacking midfielder 😑

The first player we were "looking at" was that Forrest lad from Livingston tbf, if the press are to be believed 

Phil D. Corners
2 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

We are desperate for a new, uncomplicated, song. Worth signing him for that alone.

You beat me to it. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

"Very reliable, big left-footed centre back."

Just how big is his left foot?

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

v4CVyXQ.png

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That’s encouraging to read! As I said I have never watched him or knew much about him, just basing it on what my mate said about him having watched Aussie football a lot. 

15 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I am no expert in the process of identifying and then signing players but I am not sure that is how these work mate 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Too big, he's been known to run in circles. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No shock we are on the verge of signing a player and you're trying to turn into into a negative. 

Carl Fredrickson

We should not go for Will Grigg. Wigan were laughing all the way to the bank when selling him to Sunderland. 

We should be looking for better players than him. He struggled to get into a L1 Sunderland team. Cole Stockman would be a better signing and I dont want him either. 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Kingsley out to left wing back ?

Maybe but we need two in each position anyway.

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

We should not go for Will Greg. Wigan were laughing all the way to the bank when selling him to Sunderland. 

We should be looking for better players than him. He struggled to get into a L1 Sunderland team. Cole Stockman would be a better signing and I dont want him either. 

Didn't work for him at Sunderland but until he was injured Rotherham absolutely loved him while on loan there. Linked up really well with their other striker.

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

We should not go for Will Grigg. Wigan were laughing all the way to the bank when selling him to Sunderland. 

Never heard of him

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***