Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Im in bits listening to him.

Thats the most upsetting and powerful thing I’ve seen on TV in a long time.

You have a link? 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

You have a link? 

It was live on Sky news.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was played over again.

7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

You have a link? 

Go to BBC News online 11.46

The strong speech from EU lady is just before that (and the impassioned question to Boris)

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Clownshoes gets shredded at his press conference.

Though a World War with Russia is indeed being avoided just now. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Though a World War with Russia is indeed being avoided just now. 

It's already started - it's just being waged differently.

Russia is finished.

The American's are clear ; if you're doing business with Russia you're enabling Putin and this guy could be in power for another 20 years. They/we  are going to destroy his economy to the exrent the oligarchs will have to fund his wars. 

dobmisterdobster
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Longer version here…

Feeble stuff from us so far it has to be said. 

34B19513-1630-4D9D-AD06-94982EB9A34D.png

Boris is bad because he doesn't want to start a Nuclear war with Russia? I didn't know military intervention was a core principle of liberal ideology.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s full on war though isn’t it? That’s WW3 if we all start destroying that convoy? That’s shooting fish in a barrel…that will not end well for anyone. 

Sheeeeeit😟

If we started wars because Russia or the west were arming other regimes, we'd be done a long time ago. 

I'm more worried about stories that Putin has been/is seriously ill. He's cruel and autocratic but what if his mentality is now that he, and therefor Russia, since he will undoubtedly see himself as one and the same, has nothing to lose and he does begin losing...

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If we started wars because Russia or the west were arming other regimes, we'd be done a long time ago. 

I'm more worried about stories that Putin has been/is seriously ill. He's cruel and autocratic but what if his mentality is now that he, and therefor Russia, since he will undoubtedly see himself as one and the same, has nothing to lose and he does begin losing...

Yeah it’s concerning stuff. 
I was more pointing out that the girl was saying when Ukraine etc gave up their nukes we agreed to protect them. 
We’re not even expelling oligarchs. Feeble is being kind here. 

Could we convince China to start amassing troops at their border with Russia....just for training exercises obviously. 

dobmisterdobster

Journalists pushing for a no fly zone are complete psychopaths. Just as mentally ill as Putin.

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I was more pointing out that the girl was saying when Ukraine etc gave up their nukes we agreed to protect them. 

I've got a fairly detailed post further back discussing this but you are absolutely right, Ukraine has been shafted big time, all in furtherance of another proxy war between Russia & the US that even managed to pull-in both sides of the US political divide (Paul Manafort, Trump, feck knows how much of the GOP, Hunter Biden).

All used as a political football and now left to get battered. 

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mental eh?

Putin's kids and family are in the Netherlands, living the billionaire life and nobody is flinching.  Abramovic still knocking about London with an Israeli passport/visa.

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Boris is bad because he doesn't want to start a Nuclear war with Russia? I didn't know military intervention was a core principle of liberal ideology.

Correct . For once he’s being sensible . But you still get the bams on this gunning for him 

9 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Journalists pushing for a no fly zone are complete psychopaths. Just as mentally ill as Putin.

I know he’s right . That’s the same journalists who screamed for lockdowns at every point 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

When people see the word Oligarch they think Russian.

Oligarchy is a lot closer to home, or in it, than some people would like to admit.

21 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As far as I'm aware the Budapest Memorandum gives us no obligation to actually protect them. It was more a promise that the signatories wouldn't use force against any of the countries giving up nukes and would fight their case in the UN if there was aggression against them. Once country has broken their promises in that Memorandum multiple times and it isn't the US or the UK. 

Edited by Jamboross

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I've got a fairly detailed post further back discussing this but you are absolutely right, Ukraine has been shafted big time, all in furtherance of another proxy war between Russia & the US that even managed to pull-in both sides of the US political divide (Paul Manafort, Trump, feck knows how much of the GOP, Hunter Biden).

All used as a political football and now left to get battered. 

Cool I’ll have a look back for it👍🏼

kingantti1874

Longer version here…

no it’s not feeble, this is an abolished tragedy but military actions from NATO could see this escalate into a war which literally could see millions dead.

That just simply has to be avoided at all costs.  We need to support the Ukraine as far as is possible without triggering that.

daft to suggest any sort of direct military action

kingantti1874
47 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

100% batshit mental 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

no it’s not feeble, this is an abolished tragedy but military actions from NATO could see this escalate into a war which literally could see millions dead.

That just simply has to be avoided at all costs.  We need to support the Ukraine as far as is possible without triggering that.

Im in no way saying we should strike yet but how far do you let him go? 

Im probably watching far too many videos on some telegram groups etc and need to check out for a bit. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Daft or desperate?

We might not want to trigger a far more serious situation but what if this has already begun? They might not stop at Ukraine. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As far as NATO territory. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Im probably watching far too many videos on some telegram groups etc and need to check out for a bit. 

I P Knightley

Longer version here…

Johnson looking properly confused here because he's confronted by a human being demonstrating human emotions.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Daft or desperate?

We might not want to trigger a far more serious situation but what if this has already begun? They might not stop at Ukraine. 

He might not stop at Ukraine but making certain that he doesn't isn't the best approach.

Triggering what you hope doesn't happen seems counter-intuitive 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Daft or desperate?

The only other place he'll even think of going into is Moldova.

The breakaway "Transnistria"  Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic has already formally asked to re-join the Russian Federation, even though it's not recognised by anyone other than the other basket-case pro-Russia micro-states of South Ossetia, Artsakh and Abkhazia.

No danger Putin will touch any EU or NATO member.

Japan Jambo

Just off the phone with one of my colleagues - she was telling me that a couple of year 13 Russian kids in a private school in Cyprus where one of her relatives works were just served with call up papers. My son isn't far off that, what a horrible, horrible thought.

6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Johnson looking properly confused here because he's confronted by a human being demonstrating human emotions.

He's way out his depth now, and I think it shows.

0D76F77F-D5F6-4299-9129-24003B41F7E8.jpeg

Japan Jambo
8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Scary thought though is that the list of potential replacements isn't any better - last time I looked the runners and riders were Javid, Truss, Patel and Sunak. Best we let him get on with it.

Edited by Japan Jambo

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

My heart breaks for those fighting in Ukraine but I think the red line is NATO soil.  

to be honest, there are no easy answers to this- I don’t think we can really criticise the leadership much on this one as damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

I actually can’t really think of any realistic scenario where this does not escalate

1. Russia losing? It escalates

2 Russia Win? They are emboldened and it possibly escalates

3. NATO intervenes and it escalates.  

really scary shit, as someone said above it would be at all enjoyable but they have to give Russia some sort of out and then put in place some measure to be make sure this can never happen again.. 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

I actually can’t think of a western leader who isn’t out of their depth a bit. 

much as I think he a **** he’s had some run

1. Brexit (his fault and btw in part driven by Russia)

2. Covid

3. WW3

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s full on war though isn’t it? That’s WW3 if we all start destroying that convoy? That’s shooting fish in a barrel…that will not end well for anyone. 

Sheeeeeit😟

It is, as they will see that us bombing their convoy. Might not be our pilots, but

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This will end with Putin in prison. 

No chance. Russia would never let him appear in a court of law for War Crimes or any such. They’ll back him to the hilt until he dies or we all die...or they’ll bump him off.

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Daft or desperate?

it might not you are right. But we left the door open on Ukraine, we have to now set out definitive red lines and hopefully they go back in their box.

if they do not then I’d be genuinely fearful of what happens next.

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Scary thought though is that the list of potential replacements isn't any better - last time I looked the runners and riders were Javid, Truss, Patel and Sunak. Best we let him get on with it.

Just when you think things can’t get much worse.

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I’m not sure what anyone could say in this scenario.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Correct . For once he’s being sensible . But you still get the bams on this gunning for him 

I know he’s right . That’s the same journalists who screamed for lockdowns at every point 

:greatpost:

25 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Daft or desperate?

If I lived in Estonia, Latvia or Georgia I would definitely be drafting up plans for an emergency sharp exit.

Russia already has an active armed forces personnel of 1million. If they they are conscripting more people then that should send alarm bells ringing. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Russia already has an active armed forces personnel of 1million. If they they are conscripting more people then that should send alarm bells ringing. 

Question is - why are they conscripting* if they have an army of that size ? They don't need any more in numbers to defeat Ukraine.

*It might be nothing to do with the situation in Ukraine and simply the normal call up appers. 

In terms of it's army and Russian claims that it has a large  , modern army : I was reading a piece by a Finnish defence analyst who said, 'unfortunately for Russia , the bit that's "modern" isn't the bit that's  "large". '. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
32 minutes ago, Boab said:

He'd be out of his depth in a puddle.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Question is - why are they conscripting* if they have an army of that size ? They don't need any more in numbers to defeat Ukraine.

*It might be nothing to do with the situation in Ukraine and simply the normal call up appers. 

In terms of it's army and Russian claims that it has a large  , modern army : I was reading a piece by a Finnish defence analyst who said, 'unfortunately for Russia , the bit that's "modern" isn't the bit that's  "large". '. 

If they wanted to control, police and defeat a counter insurgency in the Ukraine, they'll need a million personnel I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Only about a third of Russia's armed forces are full time regulars.

The rest is national service conscripts.

They do have some pretty good modern equipment but the vast majority of their stuff dates from the 1970s/80s.