Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, redjambo said:

Great irony that Russia is accusing Ukraine of everything it has been doing for years.

Says Ukraine using residents as human shields. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He gave it a go the Russian guy. 

He rattled it off as fast as he could, as if it were a script that he was forced to read, imo.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We Elsie McSelfie's supposed "slot" more likely. 

On the brink of ww3 and still you and your wee pal manwithiqof5 can't stop your juvenile garbage. 

The UK representative (who was pretty good, imo) finished her speech off with "Slava Ukraini!". :D

I'm not sure that was particularly diplomatic.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Hmmm ... wonder if the WTA will comply, with Medvedev just having become world number 1.     

Him and his big boobies! :D

I was wondering whether sporting clampdowns would extend to individuals who probably live in Monte Carlo and don't play under a flag.

After all, fellow Russky, Rublev, made a great gesture after his match, when he wrote an anti-war message over the camera lens.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

IOC has said it wants all sporting organisations to ban all Russian and Belarussian teams or individuals in international sport. 

IOC, the paragon of virtue!! Better late than never. Are they doing likewise for the Beijing winter paralympics that start at the weekend?

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Great irony that Russia is accusing Ukraine of everything Russia itself has been doing for years. Are they that blind?

I read something at the weekend saying that that's straight out of the fascist's playbook. It's how Trump argued through his final couple of years; it's what Johnson does.

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

you are on a roll on this thread.. firstly  NATO should project it’s power, then claiming it’s the same thing to go and fight for Russia.

got is a rest man, read the room - folk not in the mood for trolling. (I’m going to assume you aren’t dumb enough to really mean it)

Civilians, who are not NATO soldiers, shouldn't be egged on to go to Ukraine, it's fecking stupidity. Send the troops, NATO, if you want people to fight for them. 

What do you want NATO to do, allow this prick to bully his way through eastern Europe? Or draw a line across the Ukraine/Russia Border?  

Marta Kostyuk just released a good statement.

Basically pull all WTA and ITF events out of Russia but asking people to support their Russian colleagues.

It's generally an individual sport tennis. So let the Russians play without their flag next to their name. Ban Russia from the Davis cup or similar type events since that is when they represent their country.

36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

EU also to take measures against Belarus.

Had they not applied before now, Red? 

Fast tracked?

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Had they not applied before now, Red? 

Fast tracked?

I think they have all been imposed against Russia and Russians so far, ri. The EU ambassador to the UN stated however that they would also be extending sanctions to Belarus. Another ambassador referred to Belarus as an "enabler", which I presume is the basis for the move.

dobmisterdobster
21 hours ago, Cade said:

Nowt to do with the Tories.

Except all their Russian donors.

And Russkies in the Lords.

And the Tories having been in power for 12 years and opened up London as a playground for rich Russians to embezzle their cash.

And the CIA stating that the British Government is fundamentally compromised because of all of this.

Nothing to see here, comrade!

An open letter from Baron Lebedev himself.

FMsbyznXwAAxTid.thumb.jpg.1c002236c4943fabc43a8c8fef61d95f.jpg

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I think they have all been imposed against Russia and Russians so far, ri. The EU ambassador to the UN stated however that they would also be extending sanctions to Belarus. Another ambassador referred to Belarus as an "enabler", which I presume is the basis for the move.

Ukraine as a member of The EU, why has this not happened before now? Where they knocked back or is this their first application, bud?

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Ukraine as a member of The EU, why has this not happened before now? Where they knocked back or is this their first application, bud?

They have an Association Agreement. I think that both sides were waiting to see how that panned out before a formal application for membership was made.

More details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine–European_Union_relations#Proposed_European_Union_membership

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They have to tackle issues such as endemic corruption. 

Closer than Turkey (out now) but still a long way to go.

If the conflict ends with Ukraine still democratic they do have a clearer path to join. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They have to tackle issues such as endemic corruption. 

Closer than Turkey (out now) but still a long way to go.

If the conflict ends with Ukraine still democratic they do have a clearer path to join. 

👍

China now speaking. Calls for restraint from all parties and a diplomatic solution. Doesn't support any approach that may exacerbate the situation. No condemnation of Russia. Did mention territorial integrity though.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

China now speaking. Calls for restraint from all parties and a diplomatic solution. Doesn't support any approach that may exacerbate the situation. No condemnation of Russia. Did mention territorial integrity though.

Have you heard from your friends in Ukraine, are they ok, bud?

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The Swiss speaking now in favour of the motion. This is a fairly historic moment.

They must’ve had a brain fart.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Great irony that Russia is accusing Ukraine of everything Russia itself has been doing for years. Are they that blind?

Lot of whataboutery going on. Not that the claims aren't legit (most aimed at the US), just that If it was wrong then, it's wrong now. 

For example, some ex Duma member on radio 4 with a long list of bad behaviour, none of which was Russian.

From various comments made by different ambassadors, the future may bring moves to drop the veto from the Security Council. The Ukrainian ambassador also brought into question Russia's membership of the UN saying that proper procedure hadn't been followed when it took over the mantle of the USSR. I've read elsewhere that Russia's permanent seat on the Security Council may be questioned. I don't think the latter two have much chance of progressing, but there does seem to be a fair bit of annoyance that Russia vetoed yesterday's vote in the Security Council when, as far as one ambassador put it, it should have abstained due to its involvement in the subject matter of the vote.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

On the brink of ww3 and still you and your wee pal manwithiqof5 can't stop your juvenile garbage. 

What a pathetic drama queen you must be. I take it you put Pans on the naughty step as well or is slagging a Tory and the UK acceptable to you. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have you heard from your friends in Ukraine, are they ok, bud?

Two are now out of the country, another is in the country but safe. One however, whom I messaged just as all this began, replied at the time but hasn't got back to me since, so I'm a bit worried about he and his family. Keeping my fingers crossed that they're all ok. Thanks, ri.

"we're not taking in fleeing Ukrainians just in case they're actually Russian agents"

Feck off, Truss.

And Patel, you can get in the sea tae.

Pricks.

Just now, redjambo said:

Two are now out of the country, another is in the country but safe. One however, whom I messaged just as all this began, replied at the time but hasn't got back to me since, so I'm a bit worried about he and his family. Keeping my fingers crossed that they're all ok. Thanks, ri.

🤞

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says Ukraine using residents as human shields. 

Shocking. Seem to be using cluster bombs to hit residential areas. Cluster bombs are illegal. Another war crime to add to those already committed. 

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

"we're not taking in fleeing Ukrainians just in case they're actually Russian agents"

Feck off, Truss.

And Patel, you can get in the sea tae.

Pricks.

All mouth and no morals.  We are the NIMBY of Europe.  The tight arsed tosser who never chips into the work leaving card collection.

2 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

That's the sad thing here. I was working with a few Russians at the time of the 2018 presidential elections.

Between their friends and families they knew a grand total of one person who had voted for Putin. 

He won 77% of the vote.

I've got hundreds of friends and family yet I only know 2 people who voted Tory at the last election.

Brazil viewing the conflict as NATO vs Russia. Calls on removal of sanctions due to the effect they will have on the global economy, but again did say that the UN Charter had been broken by the conflict. Consistently used calls to "all parties" rather than just Russia. Looks like they want to resolve the situation, but not piss off the Russians with any of their comments.

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, graygo said:

I've got hundreds of friends and family yet I only know 2 people who voted Tory at the last election.

Bully for you, champ. 👍

Chocolate watch on its way.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

All mouth and no morals.  We are the NIMBY of Europe.  The tight arsed tosser who never chips into the work leaving card collection.

Good. Giving money to colleagues choosing to leave is lame. If it's a mate give them your own card and gift.

Your main point though is good 👍

Just now, Taffin said:

Good. Giving money to colleagues choosing to leave is lame. If it's a mate give them your own card and gift.

:D

I shall try better with my analogous comments.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Retirement is fine?

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:D

I shall try better with my analogous comments.

It's actually a really nice thing to do...I'm just the tight arsed tosser 😂😂

Edited by Taffin