Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Pictures of them in transit were on this thread, folks commenting on the potential use on civilians. 

Ans yes, potentially barbaric. 

Ah sorry, I missed those pictures but thought you were saying they had already been used. If orders are to take the city by Monday then they might get desperate which is scary as feck.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Why won't your ****ing government do what every civilised country in Europe is doing and open up visa access to Ukrainians leaving the country?

Hostile environment , especially post brexit.

It's a toxic subject at the best of times. 

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Why won't your ****ing government not do that every civilised country in Europe is doing and open up visa access to Ukrainians leaving the country?

Sorry if it seems against the grain of what most people seem to be saying but most European countries are sending arms, and lots of them, to Ukraine.

Short of pulling the trigger themselves, NATO are more or less involved.

Yes, probably a good reason to accept people trying to flee but if people think Putin will walk away from this in an even weaker position than before, they are dreaming. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
51 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It's good to hear, but to be honest Germany, Italy and (to a lesser extent) Hungary have been a disgrace.  The EU's sanctions are poor, and would have been stronger but for those countries - reliance on Russian gas is the Achilles' heel.

Yep, but both Germany and Hungary have gone further than I would have expected a couple of days ago.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Sorry if it seems against the grain of what most people seem to be saying but most European countries are sending arms, and lots of them, to Ukraine.

Short of pulling the trigger themselves, NATO are more or less involved.

Yes, probably a good reason to accept people trying to flee but if people think Putin will walk away from this in an even weaker position than before, they are dreaming. 

The more I think about it, Putin's been playing a long game and he's misjudged it.

Russian planes have been buzzing our airspace, and others, for ages now, he's thinking that everyone's shitting it at their awesome power and won't dare back the wee man.

He's made a **** of it, and with an ego Iike his, that's concerning.

I don't know what you need to blow up 56 Russian tanks, but if this is true , it's impressive...

@KyivIndependent

️Column of Russian special forces defeated near Hostomel "Kadyrovites," named so for the Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov.

According to Channel 24 sources, the Ukrainian military blew up an echelon of 56 tanks that included General Magomed Tushayev, who was killed.

12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Hostile environment , especially post brexit.

It's a toxic subject at the best of times. 

True.  Until the day before yesterday, WE were the exceptions.  Everywhere else had visa-free access except us - you had to apply before getting here.  But now we've given visa-free temporary access to Ukrainians, and you can apply for a longer visa when you get here.  Meanwhile, the Tories have done the opposite.  It's not the first time they've brought shame on Britain, and no doubt it won't be the last.

I don't like posting "instant news" from social media, but I have to admit to getting a lump in my throat at this.  It's a video from Thursday night of Latvians singing the Ukrainian national anthem outside the Russian embassy in Riga.

lvsmall.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't know what you need to blow up 56 Russian tanks, but if this is true , it's impressive...

@KyivIndependent

️Column of Russian special forces defeated near Hostomel "Kadyrovites," named so for the Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov.

According to Channel 24 sources, the Ukrainian military blew up an echelon of 56 tanks that included General Magomed Tushayev, who was killed.

Emphasis on ‘if true’ at this point. 

no idea whatsoever where Russia/ukraine are in all of this but NATO need to seriously consider their next steps wrt to Putin.  If he's genuinely cornered then hold your breath folks.  ***** that he may well be, he needs to be given an out, whether we like it or not!

6 minutes ago, kawasakijambo said:

What did the Ukraine do when the the USA and GB invaded Iraq  on 20/03/2003?

Ukraine was a member of the "coalition of the willing", though I can't say for sure what that actually meant.

All roads lead to Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Really hope someone pops a bullet in putins nut soon. Arsehole. 

Or a nice dose of novichok in his tea.

Not embarrassed to say it but I've shed a tear today. I've gone to bed with my partner as per usual knowing we will wake up in the morning fine but in the east of Europe OAP's, women and children are fighting against one bully.

It's so sad. If I could pick up an ak47 and fight I would :(

RTÉ's David McCullagh asks the Russian ambassador to Ireland "Why should our government entertain your presence here when you're acting as an apologist for slaughter?", and signs off the interview by describing him as "ambassador of Russia to Ireland for the moment at least".

This is the same David McCullagh who listed the series of catastrophically stupid policy failures by the DUP on Brexit and asked one of their MPs "are you working for the other guys?"

Six-minute video, but the harder stuff is in the last 60-90 seconds.

5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

So these sanctions bring Russia to its knees. Those with the least suffer the most. 

What’s the next part of the plan? Putin backed into a corner. Dangerous animal or what?

How does this play out?

The Russian people drag him out by his ball.

On 25/02/2022 at 08:38, Sharpie said:

Never been exposed to that form of attack, but over the years have seen many reports of hostility where the aged have volunteered or been drafted in to bolster numbers. There is a time in life I have found where death is so imminent life actually loses its value, a terrific attitude for a soldier.

Maybe teenagers would make the best cannon fodder, they think they're immortal.

Ukraine are asking for help and no ***** has the balls to take Russia on. Putin has lost it and what do you think he do if sanctions put him over the edge, surrender. No, this is now not about Ukraine(I know it is) this is about what the west is about. A country looking to join western society is asking for help and it's being left on its own. If it topples, what will the Ukrainian people think about us, will they join with Russians and invade Poland? Lithuania? Estonia? Hungary? Turkey? Latvia? Romania? 

Time to invade Russia.

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

RTÉ's David McCullagh asks the Russian ambassador to Ireland "Why should our government entertain your presence here when you're acting as an apologist for slaughter?", and signs off the interview by describing him as "ambassador of Russia to Ireland for the moment at least".

This is the same David McCullagh who listed the series of catastrophically stupid policy failures by the DUP on Brexit and asked one of their MPs "are you working for the other guys?"

Six-minute video, but the harder stuff is in the last 60-90 seconds.

Impressive stuff from the interviewer. 

Indefensible guff from the ambassador. 

7 hours ago, Steak said:

Not embarrassed to say it but I've shed a tear today. I've gone to bed with my partner as per usual knowing we will wake up in the morning fine but in the east of Europe OAP's, women and children are fighting against one bully.

Look at me post.

Jump on a plane to poland then taxi to Ukraine, They will give you a gun if you want to defend them.

Just now, Herbert said:

Look at me post.

Jump on a plane to poland then taxi to Ukraine, They will give you a gun if you want to defend them.

Any need?

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Any need?

Any need for the crying himself to sleep at night pish?

He must do losts of crying if he is worried about women,kids and OAPs getting caught up in a war.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Ukraine are asking for help and no ***** has the balls to take Russia on. Putin has lost it and what do you think he do if sanctions put him over the edge, surrender. No, this is now not about Ukraine(I know it is) this is about what the west is about. A country looking to join western society is asking for help and it's being left on its own. If it topples, what will the Ukrainian people think about us, will they join with Russians and invade Poland? Lithuania? Estonia? Hungary? Turkey? Latvia? Romania? 

Time to invade Russia.

Let’s kick ass.

Your call up papers are on their way.

12 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He must do losts of crying if he is worried about women,kids and OAPs getting caught up in a war.

I've much more respect for his empathy than your contempt for it

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mister T said:

Impressive stuff from the interviewer. 

Indefensible guff from the ambassador. 

You could tell by the ambassador's shiftyness he didn't believe a word he was saying. Just scared what would happen to him at home if he didn't tow the line. Very impressed by the interviewer.

The evasive language from Johnson and Truss is that the UK will support refugees,  send personnel to the region to help refugees,  etc etc.  Truss specifically asked if the UK is taking refugees.  Absolutely zero committment that we are.

Shameful.  

Truss.

"It's only right that we accept an economic hit... " (as a result of sanctions in support of Ukraine).

I wonder who "we" is in that committment.  And who is not "we".

56 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Let’s kick ass.

Your call up papers are on their way.

👍 Hopefully my new knees are in the same envelope 🤣

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

👍 Hopefully my new knees are in the same envelope 🤣

Would that be because of Housemaids Knee?

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Sometimes I open posts by folk I have blocked just to see if they're still posting crap. And in your case, Herbert, unfortunately you are. What a piece of shit human being you appear to be.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Time to invade Russia.

Er, no. Not unless you can find some way to disarm Russia's entire nuclear arms capability before you do. Good luck with that, ri.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Er, no. Not unless you can find some way to disarm Russia's entire nuclear arms capability before you do. Good luck with that, ri.

The nuke excuse. How far do we allow The Kremlin to go, on this excuse? 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The nuke excuse. How far do we allow The Kremlin to go, on this excuse? 

It's not an excuse, it's a reality we have to face. Boots on Russian soil would undoubtedly trigger at least a partial nuclear missile exchange, and no-one wants that.

The Mighty Thor
13 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

She's an appalling advert for inclusiveness.  Daughter of Indian immigrants (via Uganda).  Got a privileged education in the UK, now pulling up the drawbridge to stop other immigrants getting the same benefits.   Shocking.   

She's a horrible racist boot.

12 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Her father, incredibly , stood as a UKIP candidate , she's grossly insulted the UK Sikh community (literally saying the UK has a problem with Sikh terrorism). She wouldn't  look out of place in India's Mohdi Hindu racist govt. But I digress.

She's a horrible racist boot.

10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Why won't your ****ing government do what every civilised country in Europe is doing and open up visa access to Ukrainians leaving the country?

Because the Tories are now in the invidious position of trying to extricate themselves from the grubby claws of the Russian money they've been trousering whilst still trying to appease the racist halfwits that voted them into power on the back of 'taking back control'.

Oh an Patel is a horrible racist boot.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Truss.

"It's only right that we accept an economic hit... " (as a result of sanctions in support of Ukraine).

I wonder who "we" is in that committment.  And who is not "we".

To be fair we've been taking an economic hit for 12 years, firstly from Gideon's austerity, then latterly from 'getting Brexit done' so getting bent over for a good cause will actually feel like a blessed relief. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Time to invade Russia.

Tell Putin that the Gorgie Boys are coming.

That'll have him quaking in his chaps.

9 hours ago, Steak said:

Laughed and cried at the same at that Sky News article with all those happy smiley faced strong women making petrol bombs at the community centre, whilst round the front their men were signing up in their droves with every chance of not surviving.

Somebody needs to help those people, whether it’s a state intervention or a massive mercenary force. Problem being of course that a twisted evil psychopath has control of the red button

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

"You really are a piece of work".  Yes - to people like you, people who know a lot more often appear like "pieces of work".  :thumbsup:

(Don't get dragged into a debate on this - I'm not the one who acted as cheerleader for the ****ing political wing of the Provos, and frankly, sweetie, the less said about that the better)

You wouldn't know what "clear" was if it gave you a hickey on the back of your neck while buggering you.

"...military action on the ground" is meaningless word salad.  What military action?  Taken by whom?  With what and whose forces?  Why do you hypothecate the UK from NATO?  The UK is a NATO member.  Should it take action as part of a NATO force?  Or in parallel?

Hello Honey bunch.

Bringing up the old Provo insult gain, you must be desperate. You were trashed on that argument because you had no knowledge of the International Marxist History of Sein Fein and you're making an arse of yourself again.

I thought it would be obvious to a self professed genius like yourself that the UK and NATO had differing responsibility due to the Budapest Memorandum. I would prefer to see a joint NATO action, but we have a duty to operate with the US to ensure the sovereignty of Ukraine. If you prefer to take the same position as the Irish govt. did in 1939 then I'm sure Ukraine can do without you. You will once again be on the wrong side when History is the judge.

Here's to the courageous people of Ukraine who choose to fight tyranny.

Enjoy your boring day.

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Hello Honey bunch.

Bringing up the old Provo insult gain, you must be desperate. You were trashed on that argument because you had no knowledge of the International Marxist History of Sein Fein and you're making an arse of yourself again.

I thought it would be obvious to a self professed genius like yourself that the UK and NATO had differing responsibility due to the Budapest Memorandum. I would prefer to see a joint NATO action, but we have a duty to operate with the US to ensure the sovereignty of Ukraine. If you prefer to take the same position as the Irish govt. did in 1939 then I'm sure Ukraine can do without you. You will once again be on the wrong side when History is the judge.

Here's to the courageous people of Ukraine who choose to fight tyranny.

Enjoy your boring day.

Sein Fein :laugh2:

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

So these sanctions bring Russia to its knees. Those with the least suffer the most. 

What’s the next part of the plan? Putin backed into a corner. Dangerous animal or what?

How does this play out?

Have to be honest, for me this is the joker in the pack - god knows what that nut job is capable off when trapped.

Given the paucity of previous reactions I'm actually quite impressed with the way the western world is coming together on this.