Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Jambo_jim2001
29 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Just watching the actual clip on C4News now - he was with some army top brass , they all looked & sounded like a bunch of public schoolboys going on  a rather jolly  jape back in the days of empire.

Delusional. 

Never liked or trusted the Rupert brigade

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

il Duce McTarkin
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I hear Harry Flashman is being airdropped into Donetsk on a covert mission as we type. Spiffing.

'Satan, if there is one, is probably a Russian; no one else could have the necessary soulless brutality; it is just a part of life to them.'

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

The hypocrisy of the Foreign Secretary referring to the democratically elected government of Putin as a regime while sitting in a Tory Gov mired in sleaze,corruption and electoral fraud, The UK Gov is a regime, The House of Lords with 900 unelected toadies confirms we have a regime

Whataboutery is valid when it comes to the actions of the west but describing Russia with "the democratically elected government of Putin" is perhaps slightly overstating the mark.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/17/world/europe/russia-elections-interference.html

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Whataboutery is valid when it comes to the actions of the west but describing Russia with "the democratically elected government of Putin" is perhaps slightly overstating the mark.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/17/world/europe/russia-elections-interference.html

Democratically elected as the only option. 

I remember working beside two Lithuanian lads back in 2015.  They said Russia wants to regain old occupied territory and were glad they’d got away with the move here.  

The Lithuanian leader at the time was very vocal against Russia and its intentions which they said was unsettling. 

I think people shouldn’t view this ambition to take Ukraine as being Putin’s only move.  

39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Democratically elected as the only option. 

Well, maybe he had invade Ukraine in his manifesto and it was a hit with the voters and we're just parroting western propaganda.

In the interests of balance, here's Liz Truss making an arse of herself (again)

9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Well, maybe he had invade Ukraine in his manifesto and it was a hit with the voters and we're just parroting western propaganda.

In the interests of balance, here's Liz Truss making an arse of herself (again)

When she was pushed on this she said basically, it was OK to take money from Russians who were UK citizens .

These Russian "UK citizens" are the oligarchs who got UK citizenship  through the Tier1 Visa scheme - which her govt abolished this week - because it was being abused by oligarchs. 

:facepalm:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm impressed of how multi-talented people on Kickback are. From epidemiology, the pivot to expertise on the former Soviet Union is outstanding!

A Boy Named Crow

I saw people on the news last night waving Russian flags in the breakaway areas of Ukraine. It got me thinking,  are we on the wrong side of this? If the people in these areas actually want to break away from Ukraine,  should they not be allowed to? Like when Kosovo decided it wasn't part of Serbia anymore.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I saw people on the news last night waving Russian flags in the breakaway areas of Ukraine. It got me thinking,  are we on the wrong side of this? If the people in these areas actually want to break away from Ukraine,  should they not be allowed to? Like when Kosovo decided it wasn't part of Serbia anymore.

I saw that on news. About 12 folk shouting and waving flags. Seen a bigger crowd at Easter Road in a match day.

Don't think that was representative of all locals 

A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I saw that on news. About 12 folk shouting and waving flags. Seen a bigger crowd at Easter Road in a match day.

Don't think that was representative of all locals 

I don't know if it is representative or not, does anybody know?

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm impressed of how multi-talented people on Kickback are. From epidemiology, the pivot to expertise on the former Soviet Union is outstanding!

I could say, with a good degree of confidence, that everyone who has posted on this thread has more talent than Liz Truss !

Not difficult but there are some clever folks on here.

Its baffling.    Not Putin, but this Truss woman.   These can't all be the same woman, can they ?

image.jpeg.5824fd2cc5ffb478cee3ff2e1c58c05b.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c13c445cabf8681893b459b3a679888.jpeg

image.jpeg.f03693c8005049c82c259d6190b14b94.jpeg

image.jpeg.76f470c915ef77485ab3276eae6a02aa.jpeg

image.jpeg.66d06e70ca9e37982d5f03d1442dd5af.jpeg

Ukraine crisis: Liz Truss exposed in BBC car-crash interview on Russian  money | The National

No wonder Lavrov was confused after meeting with one of the above Truss sextuplets a couple of weeks ago.   :vrface: 

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Its baffling.    Not Putin, but this Truss woman.   These can't all be the same woman, can they ?

image.jpeg.5824fd2cc5ffb478cee3ff2e1c58c05b.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c13c445cabf8681893b459b3a679888.jpeg

image.jpeg.f03693c8005049c82c259d6190b14b94.jpeg

image.jpeg.76f470c915ef77485ab3276eae6a02aa.jpeg

image.jpeg.66d06e70ca9e37982d5f03d1442dd5af.jpeg

Ukraine crisis: Liz Truss exposed in BBC car-crash interview on Russian  money | The National

No wonder Lavrov was confused after meeting with one of the above Truss sextuplets a couple of weeks ago.   :vrface: 

So thick you could stand a spoon up in her. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

You just can't move the goalposts surely there is law and legislation involved in parts of country's breaking up and a referendum type vote to confirm change 

A Boy Named Crow
13 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

You just can't move the goalposts surely there is law and legislation involved in parts of country's breaking up and a referendum type vote to confirm change 

I agree, I'd want to know whether or not there was popular support for the breakaway.  It just occurred to me last night, I don't actually know if Russia are aggressors here, or protecting an oppressed minority.

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ukrainian leader seems to know what's coming. Sounds desperate. Sad times.

That was a hard watch. I’ve stated so far I’d be amazed if Putin attacked Kyiv but surely the international community just wouldn’t sit and watch that happen. 

Jambo_jim2001
20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just as a wee follow up...

There's currently one USAF plane doing laps over eastern Ukraine, while a Turkish AF transporter plane has just landed at Kiev. Both US and Turkey are, as you know, NATO members. NATO is a bawhair away from treating Ukraine as a de facto member. Putin is a dick, but he's right to be paranoid.

Watching flight radar?? I am👍if that's what we're seeing,imagine the hardware we are not😳scary as fk

A Boy Named Crow
28 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just as a wee follow up...

There's currently one USAF plane doing laps over eastern Ukraine, while a Turkish AF transporter plane has just landed at Kiev. Both US and Turkey are, as you know, NATO members. NATO is a bawhair away from treating Ukraine as a de facto member. Putin is a dick, but he's right to be paranoid.

Just an aside, but what would make a transporter plane Turkish AF???

😁

The *******s have invaded, Kyiv. Ffs.

And Ukraine pushing for Russia to be kicked out of the UN. Go yer yersel Ambassador. :clap:

Edited by ri Alban

A Boy Named Crow
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The *******s have invaded, Kyiv. Ffs.

And Ukraine pushing for Russia to be kicked out of the UN. Go yer yersel Ambassador. :clap:

Ooft, I am no longer pondering whether or not Russia are the bad guys here!

12 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Ooft, I am no longer pondering whether or not Russia are the bad guys here!

He's threatening war against any (Western) Country who intervenes, of consequences they've never felt/experienced before. Nukes?

Edited by ri Alban

Some interesting analysis on twitter around Putin's "de-Nazification" plans for Ukraine : is he going to arrest/destroy the Ukraine leadership.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He's threatening war against any (Western) Country who intervenes, of consequences they've never felt/experienced before. Nukes?

Absolutely alarming words from Putin

The Mighty Thor

Looks like hitting the Bailey Building and Loan with sanctions wasn't enough of a disincentive.

This all has the potential to not end very well, especially given the players in the hotseats. ☹️

Sending the Russians home in body bags is the priority here.

The only thing that can really hurt Putin. Protest is still a thing in Russia and the mothers of soldiers his big enemy. 

Obviously the test for the West given the failure to support military actions is to implement the full range of sanctions to destroy the Russian economy.

Of course that also hurts ordinary people and costs here also but it is what it is.

Take action or let Putin win. And if he wins what next?

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This is going to get interesting. 

Does Benjy boy realise that the Russians have 3 times as many troops around the Ukraine than the UK has in total

The Junta have lost the plot. 

This grips my Sh*t……..

Spent 25 years in the Army and, at no point was I ever in any fully manned unit/group/platoon…..in Bosnia we tracked about in warrior armoured vehicles often with the rear of the vehicle empty (should have been 8 soldiers in the back) bluffing the Serbs.  
When I joined our Army size was about 120k….when i left our size had been reduced to 80k…..think it’s now 70k…..the suits telling us we need to “streamline” (or various other bullshit words).  70k Army is very small, take into account all the medics, engineers, mechanics, logistical support etc (all very much needed btw) how many actual combat troops do we have…….not enough I’d suggest.

46 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Absolutely alarming words from Putin

He's lost it, if he ever had it. His bluff needs called. NATO needs to send in troops to help Ukraine, pronto.

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This grips my Sh*t……..

Spent 25 years in the Army and, at no point was I ever in any fully manned unit/group/platoon…..in Bosnia we tracked about in warrior armoured vehicles often with the rear of the vehicle empty (should have been 8 soldiers in the back) bluffing the Serbs.  
When I joined our Army size was about 120k….when i left our size had been reduced to 80k…..think it’s now 70k…..the suits telling us we need to “streamline” (or various other bullshit words).  70k Army is very small, take into account all the medics, engineers, mechanics, logistical support etc (all very much needed btw) how many actual combat troops do we have…….not enough I’d suggest.

I'm sure, if needed, we could call up millions. 

I bet china are loving this, capitalism has allowed China to take the west out. Greed is the enemy of the West.

Edited by ri Alban

Modern warfare

Instant civilian and media reporting

Bombs already dropped on civilian areas. Unclear if targeted or just missed.

Edited by Mikey1874

highlandjambo3
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure, if needed, we could call up Millions

I bet china are loving this, capitalism has allowed China to take the west out. Greed is the enemy of the West.

Aye……spend about 4 - 6 hours training them then give them loads of equipment that we hold in reserve…..jobs a gud yin 😂

Lord Montpelier
23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's lost it, if he ever had it. His bluff needs called. NATO needs to send in troops to help Ukraine, pronto.

Putin now needs his arse kicked.

Belarus are just as guilty in this whole thing, Russian and Belarusian soldiers fighting side by side and entering Ukraine from the North.

Ukrainian border guards saying Russian troops have now entered the country from the North and the East. This whole thing could be over before we go to bed tonight if other countries around the world don't step up and do something.

2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Ironic that Putin wants to denazify Ukraine while acting in the same way the Nazis did right down to today's blitzkrieg. Fascism in action. 

He seems to be reading right out of Hitlers play book for invasion of Poland.

53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure, if needed, we could call up millions. 

Timing is everything !

They invaded parts of Eastern Ukraine 8 years ago.

Why do you think there is massive condemnation now ?

There has been a big play on and the West's response now has been calculated by the Russians...and others !

Edited by Boab

The Mighty Thor
57 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This grips my Sh*t……..

70,000 if everyone was fully fit and available. Take off current obligations and deployments and you'll be lucky if there's 10-15,000 combat ready troops. 

Feck knows what the equipment situation is even if they could muster 10,000 troops together. 

In so many ways Britain couldn't afford to get into a shooting war with anyone. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

70,000 if everyone was fully fit and available. Take off current obligations and deployments and you'll be lucky if there's 10-15,000 combat ready troops. 

Feck knows what the equipment situation is even if they could muster 10,000 troops together. 

In so many ways Britain couldn't afford to get into a shooting war with anyone. 

At least they rule the waves.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine