Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

A Boy Named Crow
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway no more from me on this mater. Ive said my piece. Novak will come fighting back, He will get his 21st at another slam. The Aussie Open will be a tainted winner this year. Ill stick to watching the womens game.

:) 

Wrong side of history on this one chief, Novak will be remembered as a prick who got telt by the Australian government. He might make it to 21+ but honestly, nobody will care.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
32 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

He's a narcissistic ***** and always will be.

Delighted he has got his comeuppance.

KB's very own Nadine Dorries, apparently.

34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmmmm I think was what being alluded to was Serbia’s general intolerance to homosexuality with violent attacks common place. They have the same problem with racism. Historically they have a dreadful human rights record which includes genocide and ethnic cleansing sponsored by people, some of whom are still in positions of power.

Australians are loud and brash in general and sometimes light their own farts

Not really the same is it

:D

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

It was, but all these shenanigans could have been avoided if Novak's visa application had been declined in the first place or, failing that, proper protocol had been followed when he was first detained on entering the country.

Anyway, hopefully the tennis will be given focus now. 

All this could also have been avoided if Djokovic had done what 98% of his fellow professionals had done........and get vaccinated.

A Boy Named Crow
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

All this could also have been avoided if Djokovic had done what 98% of his fellow professionals had done........and get vaccinated.

It seems so simple when you put it like that!

The guy is an absolute rocket, he chose to try and sneak his way into Australia, in the midst of a global pandemic. Australia, a country that avoided the worst effects of covid by taking a zero tolerance policy, and has jealously guarded its border, even before covid, and a million times more so now...the prick was on a hiding to nothing. 

Footballfirst
50 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

brutal isnt much better really 

It seems acceptable enough to be used in football's Laws of the Game.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

highlandjambo3
53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

brutal isnt much better really 

ADJECTIVE
  1. savagely violent.
    "a brutal murder"
    synonyms:
    savage · cruel · bloodthirsty · vicious · ferocious · barbaric · barbarous · wicked · murderous · cold-blooded · hard-hearted · harsh · ruthless · callous · 

Hahaha…..goal posts move.

14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If we are generalising nationalities then I think this makes Australians look petty and small minded. 

Just because they have had some tough measures to curb the virus they cannot handle an elite athlete coming in to compete in a globally recognised sporting event, he would be living in a bubble, competing and then going home. 

We tolerated it when hugely wealthy footballers were allowed to ignore quarantine laws during Euro 2020 at a time we were all hugely frustrated at being restricted so I wonder why the Aussies cannot accept it. 

He lied on the visa application forms (several times)......

41 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Thinks Australians are scum.  Defends Serbs to the hilt.  Deplores homophobia.

:interehjrling:

Now stop stirring the pot . I didn't say Australia was scum. 

6 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

It seems so simple when you put it like that!

The guy is an absolute rocket, he chose to try and sneak his way into Australia, in the midst of a global pandemic. Australia, a country that avoided the worst effects of covid by taking a zero tolerance policy, and has jealously guarded its border, even before covid, and a million times more so now...the prick was on a hiding to nothing. 

I said similar the other day, in that this goes beyond a simple matter of being vaccinated or not vaccinated, as he lied on his immigration form, therefore tried to cheat his way into a country and play in a tournament which he didn't meet the entry requirements to do so.

Tainted tournament I've heard said, damn right it would have been, if a liar & cheat had been allowed to take part, even worse if he'd had won the thing. 

40 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Wrong side of history on this one chief, Novak will be remembered as a prick who got telt by the Australian government. He might make it to 21+ but honestly, nobody will care.  

I rather doubt that. 

I'd like to think that if it had been a British player in Novak's position, our government wouldn't have got involved, or even commented, at all. On the other hand, Serbia reportedly said that it was planning diplomatic action if the decision went against Novak, the Serbian Olympic Committee has just described the decision as a "great injustice" (what's it got to do with them - this isn't the Olympics), and the Serbian president has, according to the Beeb, now commented that Novak was “tortured and tormented” by the Australian government and “treated like a mass murderer”, adding that the decision could have been made 10 days ago, and that he has no doubt Djokovic would have been treated totally differently if he weren’t from Serbia. Setting aside the fact that the decision was made several days ago and Novak appealed against it, WTF! With all due respect I can get a glimpse of why the Balkans has historically been a powder keg if this is a typical reaction to events.

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed. Good point.

Happy to burst the stereotype of Serbia being a hellhole for LGB people. 

LGBT rights in Serbia - Wikipedia

In June 2017, Ana Brnabić became the Prime Minister of Serbia, as the first woman and first openly gay person to hold the office, and the second female LGBT head of government overall (after Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir of Iceland). She was also the first Serbian Prime Minister to attend a pride parade.

Hate crime laws[edit]

On 24 December 2012, the Serbian Parliament approved changes to the Penal Code to introduce the concept of a "hate crime", including on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.[34] The first conviction under the law came in 2018.[35]

Edited by JamesM48

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LGBT rights in Serbia - Wikipedia

In June 2017, Ana Brnabić became the Prime Minister of Serbia, as the first woman and first openly gay person to hold the office, and the second female LGBT head of government overall (after Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir of Iceland). She was also the first Serbian Prime Minister to attend a pride parade.

"Serbia remains a country in which the prime minister, despite receiving congratulations, still can't be listed as a parent of her son, cannot enroll him in kindergarten, take him on a vacation abroad, nor visit him in hospital as member of the family", Labris, a lesbian human rights organisation, said at the time.

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Anyone know why there always seems to be a guy with a Greek flag hanging around with the mob outside the various venues the Aussie Serbs are protesting?

It can't be a good look for Australian people that Serbian immigrants they let into their country still seem more keen on being Serbs than Australians. If Australia is such a bad country which picks on nice people, maybe they might want to go back to the country in their hearts. The one that has shown such tolerance and friendship towards it's old Yugoslavian family since Tito wasn't there to keep a lid on things.

I kept hearing about how inclusive a country Australia was and Sydney in particular. 

It's not really, yes there are plenty different nationalities around but they tend to gather in the one place and the city has areas that are predominantly Italian, Greek, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian etc.

Not too long since there was riots in Cronulla just south of Sydney due to race 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Now you have made a fool of yourself. it was him who mentioned my sexual orientation first in the  " debate" to attempt to make some point, So I am not playing any card. 

Can you point out the part where I’m mentioning your sexual orientation please………….here’s my quote:

“What would you think about a same sex couple walking hand in hand down the street in Serbia and getting the s**t kicked out of them by complete strangers……as that would happen”

Im not asking you to comment on your sexual orientation or, the sexual orientation of the couple, I’m asking you to comment on their inevitable assault because of who they are and, the only point I’m trying to make is that SOME (I’ll repeat this for you) SOME Serbians are very aggressive and would not tolerate public affection for same sex relationships.

Top Tip - you should read things at least twice like I do, it tends to keep me out of trouble😁

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

n, said at the time.

maybe this is the important part. Anyway LGB rights take time.,. Nothing just happens immediately. Its going in the right direction. Thats the important part. 

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Can you point out the part where I’m mentioning your sexual orientation please………….here’s my quote:

“What would you think about a same sex couple walking hand in hand down the street in Serbia and getting the s**t kicked out of them by complete strangers……as that would happen”

Im not asking you to comment on your sexual orientation or, the sexual orientation of the couple, I’m asking you to comment on their inevitable assault because of who they are and, the only point I’m trying to make is that SOME (I’ll repeat this for you) SOME Serbians are very aggressive and would not tolerate public affection for same sex relationships.

Top Tip - you should read things at least twice like I do, it tends to keep me out of trouble😁

oh come on.  why use that example ? the answer would be the same as if it happened in the UK and here's the spoiler it certainly does happen in the UK and frequently. 

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'd like to think that if it had been a British player in Novak's position, our government wouldn't have got involved, or even commented, at all. On the other hand, Serbia reportedly said that it was planning diplomatic action if the decision went against Novak, the Serbian Olympic Committee has just described the decision as a "great injustice" (what's it got to do with them - this isn't the Olympics), and the Serbian president has, according to the Beeb, now commented that Novak was “tortured and tormented” by the Australian government and “treated like a mass murderer”, adding that the decision could have been made 10 days ago, and that he has no doubt Djokovic would have been treated totally differently if he weren’t from Serbia. Setting aside the fact that the decision was made several days ago and Novak appealed against it, WTF! With all due respect I can get a glimpse of why the Balkans has historically been a powder keg if this is a typical reaction to events.

You only needed to listen to his parents to have grasped the mindset, which seems to have been similar across the country with the demonstrations in support of him etc, even politicians were using evocative language, which harks back to the kind of language and reactions you'd expect when they were a communist country.  Maybe some people, maybe a lot find it hard or can't or won't move on from those days.

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

maybe this is the important part. Anyway LGB rights take time.,. Nothing just happens immediately. Its going in the right direction. Thats the important part. 

The research study "The Social Acceptance of LBGTI people in 175 countries and locations, 1981 to 2020" (PDF) listed Serbia in 97th place.

Meanwhile,  only 24 percent of Serbian high school students surveyed expressed support for LGBT rights such as adoption, according to a study by the Helsinki Committee (article).

They have a *long* way to go.

The only reason I am posting this is that you seem to be defending the greater levels of homophobia in Serbia and I don't think that's particularly cool.

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

oh come on.  why use that example ? the answer would be the same as if it happened in the UK and here's the spoiler it certainly does happen in the UK and frequently. 

Smoke and mirrors here……

You skipped the question……..I asked you where my comments mentioned your sexual orientation……can you point that out or, can you say “sorry my mistake, you didn’t mention my sexual orientation”.  It’s one or the other….what’s it to be?

51 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Should we insist on the same for footballers? No way are 98% of them vaccinated. 

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Smoke and mirrors here……

You skipped the question……..I asked you where my comments mentioned your sexual orientation……can you point that out or, can you say “sorry my mistake, you didn’t mention my sexual orientation”.  It’s one or the other….what’s it to be?

no i asked you why use that example.? Im sure if they are so homophobic they will also be quite racist . misogynist etc as they all tend to go hand in hand. If you are one of those you tend to be the others too. 

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The research study "The Social Acceptance of LBGTI people in 175 countries and locations, 1981 to 2020" (PDF) listed Serbia in 97th place.

Meanwhile,  only 24 percent of Serbian high school students surveyed expressed support for LGBT rights such as adoption, according to a study by the Helsinki Committee (article).

They have a *long* way to go.

The only reason I am posting this is that you seem to be defending the greater levels of homophobia in Serbia and I don't think that's particularly cool.

Pish 

joondalupjambo
15 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I kept hearing about how inclusive a country Australia was and Sydney in particular. 

It's not really, yes there are plenty different nationalities around but they tend to gather in the one place and the city has areas that are predominantly Italian, Greek, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian etc.

Not too long since there was riots in Cronulla just south of Sydney due to race 

When living there I got to thinking there were broadly three groups of people attracted their.  Those fleeing conflict, those chasing the Aussie dollar and those that liked water sports 😀 Then as you say they grouped together by ethenticity, by city and by suburb.  

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not really interested in your sexual orientation, or anyone else’s. I live in an age and in a country where it doesn’t have to be hidden nor announced but you still find the odd person playing the card when it suits, as well as the odd ignorant dinosaur .

Best to stay clear of three threads then, this one, the SNP one and the Covid one. 

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Anyone know why there always seems to be a guy with a Greek flag hanging around with the mob outside the various venues the Aussie Serbs are protesting?

It can't be a good look for Australian people that Serbian immigrants they let into their country still seem more keen on being Serbs than Australians. If Australia is such a bad country which picks on nice people, maybe they might want to go back to the country in their hearts. The one that has shown such tolerance and friendship towards it's old Yugoslavian family since Tito wasn't there to keep a lid on things.

Yeah…SEND THEM BACK!!

Gammon-tastic post. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

He lied on the visa application forms (several times)......

And let's not forget, it only kicked off because of him broadcasting his exemption

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah…SEND THEM BACK!!

Gammon-tastic post. 

Its full on gammon on this thread. Full on with side of apple sauce and potatoes and veg. It is Sunday after all.  :)

Class and dignity  from Novak

In a statement he said: "I am extremely disappointed with the Court ruling to dismiss my application for judicial review of the Minister's decision to cancel my visa, which means I cannot stay in Australia and participate in the Australian Open.

"I respect the Court's ruling and I will cooperate with the relevant authorities in relation to my departure from the country.

"I am uncomfortable that the focus of the past weeks has been on me and I hope that we can all now focus on the game and tournament I love.

"I would like to wish the players, tournament officials, staff, volunteers and fans all the best for the tournament."

He went on to add: "Finally, I would like to thank my family, friends, team, supporters, fans and my fellow Serbians for your continued support,' the player concluded. 

"You have all been a great source of strength to me."

What a country to live in where your very opinion or view regarding a topic can cause you to be thrown out of the said place.  And others are slating other countries for a " lack of tolerance" ?  

The ruling was based on the notion that his presence in the country could stoke anti-vaccination sentiment, making him a danger to public health, as well as civil unrest.

Nick Wood, acting for the Serbian, said: "Not a single line of evidence in the material provided any specific or logical foundation whatsoever that the mere presence of Mr Djokovic in Australia in itself may somehow foster anti-vaccination sentiment.”

Hawke’s lawyer Stephen Lloyd explained: "He’s a high-profile person who is in many respects a role model for many people. His presence in Australia would present more strongly to Australians his anti-vaccination views.

“People use high-level athletes to promote ideas and causes all the time. His connection to a cause, whether he wants it or not, is still present.”

Sympathy for Djokovic has been in short supply from both the Australian public and his fellow players, many of whom were reluctant to get vaccinated but did so anyway

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

There is a lot of sympathy for Djokovic. Tennis Australia let him down by telling him he could get in if he found a way to catch Covid in time. He may still need to answer to that and the controversy may be remembered for his trip to Spain, his failure to self isolate and the Covid result than him being excluded. 

I don't believe he is an anti-vaxxer. But his preference for privacy prevented him making a better defence today. He has long been sensitive to everything he puts in his body. Its one of the reasons for his success his dietary regime. Though he did have up his strong belief the body heals itself to get the elbow surgery that saved his career. See his 'I failed myself' interviews as he was so upset he broke his beliefs in natural healing. 

Everyone has been challenged by Covid. What tennis did, unlike say football, to make the best arrangements to keep going was focus on vaccination. High 90% of players are vaccinated compared to around 60% footballers. So Novak didn’t keep that part of the bargain. Just couldn't take the vaccine. 

Tennis players need to travel internationally regularly for their work, I'd wager than having factored that it any small misgivings evaporate quickly. (Not that I think they all shouldn't be vaccinated)

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway no more from me on this mater. Ive said my piece. Novak will come fighting back, He will get his 21st at another slam. The Aussie Open will be a tainted winner this year. Ill stick to watching the womens game.

:) 

Well that didn't age well...

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What a country to live in where your very opinion or view regarding a topic can cause you to be thrown out of the said place.  And others are slating other countries for a " lack of tolerance" ?  

The ruling was based on the notion that his presence in the country could stoke anti-vaccination sentiment, making him a danger to public health, as well as civil unrest.

Nick Wood, acting for the Serbian, said: "Not a single line of evidence in the material provided any specific or logical foundation whatsoever that the mere presence of Mr Djokovic in Australia in itself may somehow foster anti-vaccination sentiment.”

Hawke’s lawyer Stephen Lloyd explained: "He’s a high-profile person who is in many respects a role model for many people. His presence in Australia would present more strongly to Australians his anti-vaccination views.

“People use high-level athletes to promote ideas and causes all the time. His connection to a cause, whether he wants it or not, is still present.”

Sympathy for Djokovic has been in short supply from both the Australian public and his fellow players, many of whom were reluctant to get vaccinated but did so anyway

His views on vaccines aside he has lied and cheated his way into Australia - please stop pretending he's a victim here.

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Well that didn't age well...

I went for a sleep  i felt exhausted but I have a second wind. 

R (10).jpg

Edited by JamesM48

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

His views on vaccines aside he has lied and cheated his way into Australia - please stop pretending he's a victim here.

Your not getting it. He got thrown out due to his views. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Keep digging. He got thrown out because he didn't follow the rules.

Just now, JamesM48 said:

That's the official mechanism and justification they used.

He got thrown out for acting the ***** and pissing off Australians. 

They should give him the boot

Simpsons-boot.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He/she is a drama person.

IM very much a HE.  Dont get wide. Its not smart and not clever. In fact that comment is dare i say................ 

3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Keep digging. He got thrown out because he didn't follow the rules.

Nope wrong. 

On 14/01/2022 at 10:14, JamesM48 said:

Quite a good guide to the whole debacle. 

FJDeF_3XMAE09HD.jpg

Please read your own posts - third bullet point on left, he had NO right to enter the country. Got off on a technicality (Jan 10 bullet point 2) led to public revulsion and him being ejected. 

Meanwhile Novak had committed a number of foot faults and told a number of lies.

EDIT - as it doesn't matter what I say, don't bother responding, this isn't my life mission.

Edited by Japan Jambo

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Please read your own posts - third bullet point on left, he had NO right to enter the country. Got off on a technicality (Jan 10 bullet point 2) led to public revulsion and him being ejected. 

Meanwhile Novak had committed a number of foot faults and told a number of lies.

No the final judgement to throw him out was apparently due to his " stoking up bla bla bla.  

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Should we insist on the same for footballers? No way are 98% of them vaccinated. 

Who's insisting anything about footballers, where did football come into any of this?  This is about Novak Djokovic and nobody else.

98% was the figure quoted by Andy Murray the other day, is it correct, who knows, but I'd think he'll have a better idea then you or I would.