Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Genuinely confused by your response tbh

Are you applauding a government that deports people based on their opposition to something that is not law? Deportations based on opinions?

What about immigrants arriving across the English channel? Shall we insist on proof of vaccination and deport them if they are unable ot provie it?

Are you, without any hint of irony, comparing an influential Superstar Tennis player, who spreads anti vax propaganda and who tried to act above the rules, with asylum seekers?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

“Mr Djokovic as a hero and an icon of freedom of choice in relation to being vaccinated.

“It was not irrational for the Minister to be concerned that the asserted support of some anti-vaccination groups for Mr Djokovic’s apparent position on vaccination may encourage rallies and protests that may lead to heightened community transmission.”

The judges also found Djokovic’s decision to attend an interview while Covid-positive was a bad omen for what may have developed in Australia.

Djokovic said he knew he had Covid-19 but went to an interview with a journalist because he “didn’t want to let the journalist down”.

Fair enough in my opinion. Not the sort of person you want to let in.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hope he wins 

25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

“Mr Djokovic as a hero and an icon of freedom of choice in relation to being vaccinated.

“It was not irrational for the Minister to be concerned that the asserted support of some anti-vaccination groups for Mr Djokovic’s apparent position on vaccination may encourage rallies and protests that may lead to heightened community transmission.”

The judges also found Djokovic’s decision to attend an interview while Covid-positive was a bad omen for what may have developed in Australia.

Djokovic said he knew he had Covid-19 but went to an interview with a journalist because he “didn’t want to let the journalist down”.

Fair enough in my opinion. Not the sort of person you want to let in.

It’s pro choice rallies . And what is exactly wrong with them ? People can listen to an pro choice persons arguments but don’t have to act on their view about it ( not her vaccinated ) dont you think that people can make up their own minds ? MAke their own choices? 

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

3C62C22F-40E1-4C76-B96C-88A0F2D37E80.jpeg

F7D97D98-5EE3-41D4-A80F-71DA1B60730A.gif

Tragic comment From you . What’s happened to you ? 😎

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hope he wins 

It’s pro choice rallies . And what is exactly wrong with them ? People can listen to an pro choice persons arguments but don’t have to act on their view about it ( not her vaccinated ) dont you think that people can make up their own minds ? MAke their own choices? 

I’m the same arsehole I’ve always been☺️
If though, we’re talking about people who change like their mind like the weather then….😀

37 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Are you, without any hint of irony, comparing an influential Superstar Tennis player, who spreads anti vax propaganda and who tried to act above the rules, with asylum seekers?

Where did he spread anti vax propaganda, beyond being asked questions about it by journalists and giving honest answers?

Has he influenced you not to be vaccinated? He’s a tennis player, not a politician.

Perhaps some people will be influenced to get fit, lose fat, and be less susceptible to illness 🙂

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hope he wins 

That’s laughable coming from you.

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Where did he spread anti vax propaganda, beyond being asked questions about it by journalists and giving honest answers?

Has he influenced you not to be vaccinated? He’s a tennis player, not a politician.

Perhaps some people will be influenced to get fit, lose fat, and be less susceptible to illness 🙂

He won't influence many in Scotland but he will influence quite a few in Serbia where he is a major superstar and highly popular.

I put him in same camp as Kyrie Irving from Brooklyn Nets on NBA. He's refusing to take vaccine and misses all his home games because of this. He's confirmed conspiracy theorist, his own words, and recently had to apologise for statement stating earth was flat.

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m the same arsehole I’ve always been☺️
If though, we’re talking about people who change like their mind like the weather then….😀

No you’ve changed 😩

A Boy Named Crow

I find it strange that people get their knickers in a twist about Djokovic being deported. No foreigner has an inalienable right to enter Australia, people come in at the government's discretion. 

Djokovic is a figurehead of sorts for people who advocate things contrary to the health advice we've been living by in Australia. The government don't want him undermining the messaging on vaccines, the Australian public have shown in polls that they overwhelmingly don't want him here either...but some dafties on kickback seem to think they know better, ****ing oddballs!

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I find it strange that people get their knickers in a twist about Djokovic being deported. No foreigner has an inalienable right to enter Australia, people come in at the government's discretion. 

Djokovic is a figurehead of sorts for people who advocate things contrary to the health advice we've been living by in Australia. The government don't want him undermining the messaging on vaccines, the Australian public have shown in polls that they overwhelmingly don't want him here either...but some dafties on kickback seem to think they know better, ****ing oddballs!

:greatpost:

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Australia have done just that. Made up their own mind and chose to tell him to bolt.

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Australia have done just that. Made up their own mind and chose to tell him to bolt.

You're only allowed to make up your own mind if you agree with the "free thinking" roasters it seems.

:vrface:

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

10 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

What message is Novak giving on vaccines? As in, what is he saying that is an attempt to persuade people not to get vaccinated?

Obviously we are all just shouting into the wind on kickback but it does strike me as odd that a person can be excluded from working on the basis of what he “might do”. 

And I doubt we would be so understanding if the UK government did likewise, or if the Aussies did it to Andy Murray. 

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What message is Novak giving on vaccines? As in, what is he saying that is an attempt to persuade people not to get vaccinated?

Obviously we are all just shouting into the wind on kickback but it does strike me as odd that a person can be excluded from working on the basis of what he “might do”. 

And I doubt we would be so understanding if the UK government did likewise, or if the Aussies did it to Andy Murray. 

Exactly it’s worrying really . Thought police and how can one measure how others can influence others views ? 

15 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He won't influence many in Scotland but he will influence quite a few in Serbia where he is a major superstar and highly popular.

I put him in same camp as Kyrie Irving from Brooklyn Nets on NBA. He's refusing to take vaccine and misses all his home games because of this. He's confirmed conspiracy theorist, his own words, and recently had to apologise for statement stating earth was flat.

To add to this, the vaccination rate in Serbia is below 50%. He could have had a massively positive influence there.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's more the message the Australian government would be sending if they let him sneak in, unvaccinated, against their own rules. They'd lose all credibility (what little of it ScoMo has).

It's certainly one of the most interesting side-effects of Covid that's it's outing the screwballs. We would have probably never known who most of them were otherwise. :D

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's certainly one of the most interesting side-effects of Covid that's it's outing the screwballs. We would have probably never known who most of them were otherwise. :D

Saying the earth is flat and refusing any vaccine is a good barometer right enough.

That NBA player is a zoomer !

21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Saying the earth is flat and refusing any vaccine is a good barometer right enough.

That NBA player is a zoomer !

Does that meanl large parts of the UK BAME community are "screwball" and "zoomers"

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Does that meanl large parts of the UK BAME community are "screwball" and "zoomers"

No, but this statement of yours is more evidence that you are, Nookie. :(

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If you think there is a chip in the vaccine or that magic will cure it, then aye !

If people don't want to get it, fair enough, it's the rockets that think there is more to it that are unhinged.

Let's not generalise.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

If you think there is a chip in the vaccine or that magic will cure it, then aye !

If people don't want to get it, fair enough, it's the rockets that think there is more to it that are unhinged.

Let's not generalise.

This. Or if you think that lockdowns were put in place because the government wants to control us, or that the Covid vaccines are dangerous because they haven't been tested enough.

Just now, redjambo said:

This. Or if you think that lockdowns were put in place because the government wants to control us, or that the Covid vaccines are dangerous because they haven't been tested enough.

Or drinking bleach will cure it !

The rockets are in every walk of life !

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Or drinking bleach will cure it !

The rockets are in every walk of life !

Indeed, but instead of facing up to the realities of the craziness of many of these beliefs, let's try and play a completely unwarranted racism card instead. :rolleyes2:

SectionDJambo
12 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The amount of angst created, and the level of support that he has had on here has been surprising to me. I had no idea that Djokovic, or tennis, had so many fans within JKB. 

Could it be that the reason he is now so popular, with some, is that he has now become a role model for people who don't want to be vaccinated, which gives a strong argument to the Australian government for not letting him stay and be a distraction to their hopes of persuading and encouraging their population to get vaccinated.

It has been shown, I think, that vaccination doesn't stop you getting or spreading Covid, but does have a major impact on the number of infected people who need a hospital bed to recover. That in turn makes more hospital beds available to those who need emergency, sometimes life saving,  treatment for non covid illnesses. Maybe that message should be shouted out a bit louder. Being vaccinated isn't just beneficial to the individual, but also to the wider community.

Or maybe it's just all lies and covid is just an authoritarian conspiracy to control the world's population? 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I certainly wouldn't like to be a super fit, world class athlete like Novack Djokovic who's quite clearly in great health.

I'd much rather look to some unfit politicians advising me to just take a vaccine instead 😂😂

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Indeed, but instead of facing up to the realities of the craziness of many of these beliefs, let's try and play a completely unwarranted racism card instead. :rolleyes2:

Oh, I am aware of the inference.

1/10, Nookie !

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sorry red, but if it wasn't for that purpose, what purpose was it for?

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Em, to protect the vulnerable before a vaccine rollout was introduced ?

Maybe ?

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

:) Very good, Taff. Control us for the sake of control as opposed to controlling the virus.

Just now, redjambo said:

:) Very good, Taff. Control us for the sake of control as opposed to controlling the virus.

Couldn't resist. Sorry! 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Maybe ?

In fairness you can see why people may listen to Novak over the Australian government when it comes to health...

22936728-7847275-image-a-50_1578026608589.jpg

djoker-2.jpg

Edited by Taffin

58 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

To add to this, the vaccination rate in Serbia is below 50%. He could have had a massively positive influence there.

Again ill say it. . People make their own minds up about things. They dont need to be influenced by others. Maybe they have thought through the pros and cons of taking the vaccine and decided not to ? 

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Boom 

21 minutes ago, Boab said:

Let's not generalise.

" rockets" " Unhinged" etc .  But hey lets not generalise.  They problem is the vaccine zealots do just that. 

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The amount of angst created, and the level of support that he has had on here has been surprising to me. I had no idea that Djokovic, or tennis, had so many fans within JKB. 

Could it be that the reason he is now so popular, with some, is that he has now become a role model for people who don't want to be vaccinated, which gives a strong argument to the Australian government for not letting him stay and be a distraction to their hopes of persuading and encouraging their population to get vaccinated.

It has been shown, I think, that vaccination doesn't stop you getting or spreading Covid, but does have a major impact on the number of infected people who need a hospital bed to recover. That in turn makes more hospital beds available to those who need emergency, sometimes life saving,  treatment for non covid illnesses. Maybe that message should be shouted out a bit louder. Being vaccinated isn't just beneficial to the individual, but also to the wider community.

Or maybe it's just all lies and covid is just an authoritarian conspiracy to control the world's population? 

NO maybe people admire him for standing by his principles , irrespective of the issue ? Maybe they believe he has the right to decide what chemicals he allows into his body ? I know rather old fashioned view maybe. 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Maybe ?

and ironically it will probably cost more collateral damage in the long term. 

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Couldn't resist. Sorry! 

:D No worries. You made a very good point and were spot on, of course. The lockdowns were indeed in place to control the population, but for good reasons. I should have been clearer with my original statement, damn you. ;)

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In fairness you can see why people may listen to Novak over the Australian government when it comes to health...

22936728-7847275-image-a-50_1578026608589.jpg

djoker-2.jpg

Pass the sick bucker regarding the first pic.  Speedos should be banned on men of a certain age. In fact any age really. 

The Novak pic shows that this guy is a complete athlete . Naturally lithe body unlike some other players who shall remain nameless................

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not unwarranted. Refuse vaccine = screwball.

What it shows is that everyone's view on this is based solely on their dislike of Novak Djokovic and his wealth. When the argument was based on a rich man trying to bully his way into a country it was understandable, when we label him a "screwball" for refusing a vaccine then you need to apply that to everyone else who shares that belief.

20 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He is popular with me because he is a brilliant tennis player.

I also think he should get vaccinated and disagree with his stance. But he is no way a spokesperson for anti-vaxxing and he never asked ot be a figurehead for that...i would suggest the Australian government is using Novak as a cover for their own failures to push vaccinations out to as many as they would like.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

What it shows is that everyone's view on this is based solely on their dislike of Novak Djokovic and his wealth. When the argument was based on a rich man trying to bully his way into a country it was understandable, when we label him a "screwball" for refusing a vaccine then you need to apply that to everyone else who shares that belief.

What would you call someone who believes he can heal injuries or turn poisoned water pure just by thinking about it? 
Or that his mrs believes covid was spread by 5G? 
That's a couple of screwballs imo. 

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

NO maybe people admire him for standing by his principles , irrespective of the issue ? Maybe they believe he has the right to decide what chemicals he allows into his body ? I know rather old fashioned view maybe. 

Yes, indeed.

Just as Australia, as a democratic nation, should be admired for sticking to it's principles, which it believes are for the benefit of it's citizens. The Australian government has the right to decide which individuals it allows into Australia.

Not so old fashioned an idea. The UK Brexit politicians managed to garner enough votes for the UK to leave the EU in the name of the same principle, ironically enough, citing Australian immigration policy as our way forward.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

There are different reasons for ultimately refusing vaccination, some of which have been expressed above. A small number will be genuine (bad reactions experienced etc.) but most, imo, range from pure selfishness, through misguided to screwball. But go ahead and simplify the arguments and make all the reasons screwball (a point I never in fact argued) if it makes you feel better,

However, do remember that your dearest Novak once claimed that positive thought could "cleanse" polluted water.

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What would you call someone who believes he can heal injuries or turn poisoned water pure just by thinking about it? 
Or that his mrs believes covid was spread by 5G? 
That's a couple of screwballs imo. 

There's screwballs who are pro-Covid vaccination too. Screwballs gonna screw. Simply not wanting a Covid vaccination doesn't make you a screwball.

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He is popular with me because he is a brilliant tennis player.

I also think he should get vaccinated and disagree with his stance. But he is no way a spokesperson for anti-vaxxing and he never asked ot be a figurehead for that...i would suggest the Australian government is using Novak as a cover for their own failures to push vaccinations out to as many as they would like.

He didn't fit with the current rules for entry into Australia. Why should he think that he can do what an ordinary Joe can't do? Tennis is just a job for a professional player. Would a man of any other profession be able to get into Australia to conduct his profession without having the current criteria to get in? Nope, and he's no different. 

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's screwballs who are pro-Covid vaccination too. Screwballs gonna screw. Simply not wanting a Covid vaccination doesn't make you a screwball.

Screwballs everywhere really.............   but i wouldn't class anyone who doesn't want the vaccine as a screwball. Its their choice. Irrespective of why they made that choice. Its NONE of my business. 

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It depends on your thinking I agree. I haven’t heard one person who doesn’t want the vaccine (when pressed) not to dribble absolute bolloks about it. They’ll barely mention where they’re getting their opinions because they’d get a riddy. 
They can’t tell you they agree with an actress on twitter or heard Hayley’s pal fae shapes hairdressers took a reaction to it. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Screwballs everywhere really.............   but i wouldn't class anyone who doesn't want the vaccine as a screwball. Its their choice. Irrespective of why they made that choice. Its NONE of my business. 

So is someone decides they don't want to take the vaccine because the 5G will give them cancer and they think random bits of metal will start sticking to them, they're not a screwball?

I'd have to disagree.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

So is someone decides they don't want to take the vaccine because the 5G will give them cancer and they think random bits of metal will start sticking to them, they're not a screwball?

I'd have to disagree.

Its their decision. Yes its a ludicrous reason not to take it but again its their decision.