Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

highlandjambo3

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Now you have made a fool of yourself. it was him who mentioned my sexual orientation first in the  " debate" to attempt to make some point, So I am not playing any card. 

Your post above…..my reply below.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Can you point out the part where I’m mentioning your sexual orientation please………….here’s my quote:

“What would you think about a same sex couple walking hand in hand down the street in Serbia and getting the s**t kicked out of them by complete strangers……as that would happen”

Im not asking you to comment on your sexual orientation or, the sexual orientation of the couple, I’m asking you to comment on their inevitable assault because of who they are and, the only point I’m trying to make is that SOME (I’ll repeat this for you) SOME Serbians are very aggressive and would not tolerate public affection for same sex relationships.

Top Tip - you should read things at least twice like I do, it tends to keep me out of trouble😁

I clearly asked you a question (above), you clearly avoided the answer (below)

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

no i asked you why use that example.? Im sure if they are so homophobic they will also be quite racist . misogynist etc as they all tend to go hand in hand. If you are one of those you tend to be the others too. 

again, for the second time you skipped my question (below)

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Smoke and mirrors here……

You skipped the question……..I asked you where my comments mentioned your sexual orientation……can you point that out or, can you say “sorry my mistake, you didn’t mention my sexual orientation”.  It’s one or the other….what’s it to be?

Finally (third time of asking) can you point out in my posts where I mentioned your sexual orientation?

You would make an excellent politician 😂

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Your post above…..my reply below.

I clearly asked you a question (above), you clearly avoided the answer (below)

again, for the second time you skipped my question (below)

Finally (third time of asking) can you point out in my posts where I mentioned your sexual orientation?

You would make an excellent politician 😂

And I’ll ask you why chose that as an example ? Out of many examples ? 

40 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Who's insisting anything about footballers, where did football come into any of this?  This is about Novak Djokovic and nobody else.

98% was the figure quoted by Andy Murray the other day, is it correct, who knows, but I'd think he'll have a better idea then you or I would.

Just that people seem awfully offended as to Novak not being vaccinated. 

And I mean REALLY offended. 

Is he a danger? If so, what about other elite athletes?

Have to say, I wouldn’t fancy being Novak’s next opponent 😬

And I wouldn’t fancy doing security at the opening round on the Court where Novak was supposed to be playing and where a Serb still will be competing 😁

And I wouldn’t fancy doing security at the opening round on the Court where Novak was supposed to be playing and where a Serb still will be competing 😁

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Equally there seems to be a lot of people jumping to defend him.  Each to their own, I suppose.

As for being a danger, who knows, but it doesn't matter what you or I think, it's what the Australian court thinks that matters.

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cause they want self validation as they did “ their bit “ for society . Took one for the team as it were . A form of slacktivism . They clearly are against people making choices about their own bodies . 

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

One thing for certain next time he plays Nadal he will whip his arse ! Revenge is a dish best served cold 

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

One thing for certain next time he plays Nadal he will whip his arse ! Revenge is a dish best served cold 

That's the only thing he'll be serving this week...:thumbsup:

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I might get a print of that first pic . It’s just beautiful 😍 

6B1A0580-27E4-45B7-A7CF-D2E33B86AB59.jpeg

F0E68F31-C17E-40E6-9973-F4BFB9FEB97D.jpeg

What TF has Tim Henman got to do with this? 

Claiming a moral victory for Djoko and his anti vax stance would only be possible if he actually claimed he was anti vax and that that was behind all of this. But he didn't. He was sleekit and tried to get round the rules. Not once has he said he doesn't agree with the rules. 

He done his own reputation a huge amount of harm. 

21 minutes ago, kila said:

That said it’s a source of great amusement :)

You need to get a life then 😂😎

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

What TF has Tim Henman got to do with this? 

Claiming a moral victory for Djoko and his anti vax stance would only be possible if he actually claimed he was anti vax and that that was behind all of this. But he didn't. He was sleekit and tried to get round the rules. Not once has he said he doesn't agree with the rules. 

He done his own reputation a huge amount of harm. 

Well You hit nail on head as you are correct as he hasn’t explicitly stated he is “ anti vax” it’s just been assumed and accepted by numpties . 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You need to get a life then 😂😎

It’s you that posts obscene amounts, not me ;)

In fact you still post lots when you claim you’re in the pub with your pals :laugh:

1 minute ago, kila said:

It’s you that posts obscene amounts, not me ;)

In fact you still post lots when you claim you’re in the pub with your pals :laugh:

That was one night . Imagine even Remembering that . How odd . I can multi task . In fact my other half just asked what the “ sweetie rustlers “ are saying now ! He’s not a fan of JKB 😂😎😂😂

It doesn't matter what his views are and it even doesn't matter that the Aussie Government hasn't handled the situation well.

He lied on his Visa.

He attended public events having tested positive.

I actually don't mind Novak but he fecked up so he has to feck off. 

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

First one I thought of 

Freud might think otherwise . Anyway what was your question caller? 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

It doesn't matter what his views are and it even doesn't matter that the Aussie Government hasn't handled the situation well.

He lied on his Visa.

He attended public events having tested positive.

I actually don't mind Novak but he fecked up so he has to feck off. 

The flat earthers don't seem to understand that.

highlandjambo3
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Look back….you’ll see it quite clearly…..

you will now be known as Dominic Cummings……more spin than a waltzer 

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah…SEND THEM BACK!!

Gammon-tastic post. 

Not suggesting anythjng of the sort old chap. That would be unreasonable. It takes me back to the 70s and the West Indies continually walloping England at cricket in front of thousands of West Indian fans who lived in England. Many of the "gammon" people, of whom you seemed to wrongly suggest I have an affiliation with, were perplexed as to why those thousands of excited fans weren't bashing their tin cans together in support of England.

"We're in the middle of a massive virus pandemic, unvaccinated people aren't allowed in"

"Hello, I'd like to play tennis please"

"Are you vaccinated?"

"No"

"Then get out"

43 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How bad was that. Useless.

Not even close, does he let out a grunt as he tries to hit it? :laugh:

But to be fair, it's not Djokovic's fault cricket bats are shaped differently to tennis rackets.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What did Rafa do?

Gave pretty much the same opinion as Andy Murray as far as I can see yet he’s now a scumbag 🤷🏽‍♂️

47 minutes ago, kila said:

But to be fair, it's not Djokovic's fault cricket bats are shaped differently to tennis rackets.

I meant England, bud. :D

Doctor FinnBarr

That was one night . Imagine even Remembering that . How odd . I can multi task . In fact my other half just asked what the “ sweetie rustlers “ are saying now ! He’s not a fan of JKB 😂😎😂😂

Don't have a sweet tooth James, could you enquire off your other half what I should rustle?

highlandjambo3

Disappeared…….how convenient.

18 hours ago, Smithee said:

And let's not forget, it only kicked off because of him broadcasting his exemption

....while he was positive with covid.     Erse.....!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Not seeing this on any credible news sources,  but the Daily Heil reckons the Australian government are applying the three year ban. 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/jan/17/loos-with-views-and-porcelain-thrones-whats-australias-best-public-toilet-open-thread

Standard procedure for someone that’s deported. He will be 37 when he can return. 

22 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

More than that I think.

He lied on his visa application, (several times), and gave an interview about coming to Melbourne with an exemtion while he was actually positive for the virus. Thousands of returning Australians had to spend two weeks in various quarantine facilities at their own expense, ($5k a couple), despite being double vaxxed. He showed little or no respect to Australia whatsoever. 70% of Aussies polled wanted him deported. Easy decision to make. Pick up your bat and ball and f.ck off.

Now he can't return to Oz for 3 years because of his fibs.

Edited by Section Q

10 hours ago, kila said:

I don's see how he can't be allowed to use a tennis racket whilst everyone else uses a cricket bat. He's being singled out here for his view on tennis rackets here and it's an utter disgrace. To punish him like that shows the clear agenda of the pro-batters, but Djoko has won the moral victory here!

God bless you Novax.

5 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Not seeing this on any credible news sources,  but the Daily Heil reckons the Australian government are applying the three year ban. 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/jan/17/loos-with-views-and-porcelain-thrones-whats-australias-best-public-toilet-open-thread

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-60019806

BBC saying the ban could end early. I think it's safe to say that no one has a clue.

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

More than that I think.

He lied on his visa application, (several times), and gave an interview about coming to Melbourne with an exemtion while he was actually positive for the virus. Thousands of returning Australians had to spend two weeks in various quarantine facilities at their own expense, ($5k a couple), despite being double vaxxed. He showed little or no respect to Australia whatsoever. 70% of Aussies polled wanted him deported. Easy decision to make. Pick up your bat and ball and f.ck off.

Now he can't return to Oz for 3 years because of his fibs.

The lying is the big mistake, of course, but the government should have said that when deporting him rather than vague “public health” statements. 

We let equally wealthy footballers skip quarantine during the Euros so they can entertain, we also let less wealthy footballers play each week at the expense of amateurs, so I think a straightforward “you can come in but you have to isolate” policy would have sufficed. 

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The lying is the big mistake, of course, but the government should have said that when deporting him rather than vague “public health” statements. 

We let equally wealthy footballers skip quarantine during the Euros so they can entertain, we also let less wealthy footballers play each week at the expense of amateurs, so I think a straightforward “you can come in but you have to isolate” policy would have sufficed. 

No matter what we think individually, Australia's government responded to the wishes of the vast majority of their population, and that's what governments are meant to do.

It would be ridiculous for them to put public opinion in other countries before their own

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No matter what we think individually, Australia's government responded to the wishes of the vast majority of their population, and that's what governments are meant to do.

It would be ridiculous for them to put public opinion in other countries before their own

This is the crux of it and sums the whole thing up. One can argue the toss about whether the Australian's are a bunch of antipodean softies for their views but if Novak wants to work there they he needs to follow their rules.

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I take your point but, I would argue that they should do what is best for the country's population rather than what the population wants. A Gallup poll found that a small majority of the UK population want to see the death penalty reinstated. I would argue that going with the majority opinion on this topic would be a disastrous decision.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

One thing people seem to forget the first ruling that initially allowed him in was due to border force not following their procedures correctly rather than if he had the right to enter. At least that was how I read it