Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yep thats what it is all about. They could have just tested him . Absolute drama queens really. Pathetic. 

He could have been honest and told truth, he could have taken vaccine or he could have arrived early and quarantined.

He did none of these, and now little Novak is being bullied.

He's a lying ***** who should be booted out and sent back to Serbia.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Darren Cahill has got it spot on:

"It should've been a hard rule entering this country considering what the folks have been through. Get vaccinated and come play the Australian Open or if not maybe see you in 2023. No wiggle room."

He doesn't half make some people VERY angry 😄

Every second word is ***** 😄

Didn;t realise we had so many tennis fans on here.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He doesn't half make some people VERY angry 😄

Every second word is ***** 😄

Didn;t realise we had so many tennis fans on here.

Yes it’s fascinating the anger directed at him on this . I think it’s for a variety of reasons . Interesting 

Adam_the_legend
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If any non celebrity visitor tried to get onto Australia by lying on visa form, they would be refused entry, regardless of visit time.

Djokovic is lying through his nose, been caught out and is now playing victim.

He has attracted some support from those who have their own axe to grind, or who for some unknown reason, believe a tennis player should be above law.

Didn't see the demos when the Czech female play booted out, but then again, maybe she want celebrity enough to get their support 

Then it should be cut and dry from

a legal perspective. So why are the Aussie government lawyers not using those arguments and instead arguing vague anti vaxx and public health messaging nonsense. If he broke law/rules like you suggest it should be an open and shut case 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

a legal perspective. So why are the Aussie government lawyers not using those arguments and instead arguing vague anti vaxx and public health messaging nonsense. If he broke law/rules like you suggest it should be an open and shut case 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yep. If they want to make an example of him, deport him and ban him for 3 years.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

When is it ever open and shut where celebs and money involved?

His lawyers will be dragging it on, hoping for fools to support them, pouring over decisions for any possible chance.

Normal punter, like the Czech girl, out on their ears.

Didn't see Novak's lawyers trying to help her or protesters trying to change ruling.

He's a Serb tennis player, not the ****ing Messiah.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Darren Cahill has got it spot on:

"It should've been a hard rule entering this country considering what the folks have been through. Get vaccinated and come play the Australian Open or if not maybe see you in 2023. No wiggle room."

Andrew Castle the tennis commentator said this morning on Sky News, that around about 9 weeks ago, Australian tennis said that if you weren't fully vaccinated, then the only other way you would get into Australia and play was proof of a recent positive covid infection.

He added that it was widely known within the tennis community that Djokovic's team would find a way for him to meet the criteria, there was little doubt in my mind what Castle was implying.

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

His lawyers will be dragging it on, hoping for fools to support them, pouring over decisions for any possible chance.

Didn't see Novak's lawyers trying to help her or protesters trying to change ruling.

He’s a person with rights, which usually counts for something in liberal democracies. You laid out clearly that he has broken the law so should get the boot so why aren’t the Australian government using those arguments?? And now he’s to blame for the Czech girl getting the boot too. Did he sleep with your missus or something. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Andrew Castle the tennis commentator said this morning on Sky News, that around about 9 weeks ago, Australian tennis said that if you weren't fully vaccinated, then the only other way you would get into Australia and play was proof of a recent positive covid infection.

He added that it was widely known within the tennis community that Djokovic's team would find a way for him to meet the criteria, there was little doubt in my mind what Castle was implying.

Castle is a joke. Even worse as a tennis player. Pathetic in fact. He should be careful what he is implying. 

28 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But he knew he would not be allowed back if he wasn't vaccinated? Or is it different for Aussie residents?

He's a permanent resident so should be allowed back subject to quarantine on return.

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

He's a permanent resident so should be allowed back subject to quarantine on return.

So what’s the problem then? Perhaps he and you should direct your ire at the Australian immigration authorities rather than getting angry at a tennis player just passing through. 

19 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Because they fecked up and got the on-the-ground procedure wrong in the first instance and as a result had their case thrown out. They had to adopt a different approach after that, and the public health and good order angle was the most obvious one open to them. That's how I see it anyway.

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

So what’s the problem then? Perhaps he and you should direct your ire at the Australian immigration authorities rather than getting angry at a tennis player just passing through. 

I'm not angry, I think it's hilarious!

The problem for him is that despite the rules he isn't being allowed to travel.

The problem in relation to Djokovic is that despite him lying on his immigration form people seem to think he is being singled out and actually want him to be given an exception, despite actual residents of Australia not being able to go home.

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Because they fecked up and got the on-the-ground procedure wrong in the first instance and as a result had their case thrown out. They had to adopt a different approach after that, and the public health and good order angle was the most obvious one open to them. That's how I see it anyway.

But the other stuff, “lying” on his form, not telling them about his trip to Spain…etc was after that. Surely it’ll just get kicked out again with their current strategy. If they lose twice that’s a massive embarrassment for the Australian government, which I’d quite like to see as I think this whole thing has been concocted as a political football so they deserve a bloody nose. 

25 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

"Just passing through". :D Nothing to see here, move along now. You seem to be completely oblivious to, or don't give a monkey's about, the sacrifices that have been made and are still being made by Victorians during the pandemic and therefore inappreciative of how angry they might be that an unvaccinated sportsman is allowed to "waltz in" to the state just like that. But of course that would require empathy...

I P Knightley
35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He could have been honest and told truth, he could have taken vaccine or he could have arrived early and quarantined.

He did none of these, and now little Novak is being bullied.

He's a lying ***** who should be booted out and sent back to Monte Carlo.

FTFY

Arriving early and quarantining wasn't one of the options open to him. Taking the vaccine was or staying in Monaco was another, maybe even making a protest about the restrictions but he took the sleekit route.

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Castle is a joke. Even worse as a tennis player. Pathetic in fact. He should be careful what he is implying. 

Why?

Djokovic's story has been full of holes from the get go. There is credible doubt that he tested positive at all. Given his movements since 16th December, it's a fair question. Either he tested positive and didn't give a shit, going to schools and PR events and a trip to Spain or he didn't test positive.

Castle may not have been our best ever tennis player and, as a commentator, he's made an arse of himself more than once (but not on as grand a scale as Inverdale or some others) but he's well connected and will be slightly better informed in all of this than most who're commenting. "Pathetic" is unnecessary.

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

"Just passing through". :D Nothing to see here, move along now. You seem to be completely oblivious to, or don't give a monkey's about, the sacrifices that have been made and are still being made by Victorians during the pandemic and therefore inappreciative of how angry they might be that an unvaccinated sportsman is allowed to "waltz in" to the state just like that. But of course that would require empathy...

So I lack empathy now? Classy. I used to live in melbourne and still have friends there so know plenty about what they have been through. None of it was caused by Novak ****ing Djokovic though!

Edited by Adam_the_legend
Typo

But the other stuff, “lying” on his form, not telling them about his trip to Spain…etc was after that. Surely it’ll just get kicked out again with their current strategy. If they lose twice that’s a massive embarrassment for the Australian government, which I’d quite like to see as I think this whole thing has been concocted as a political football so they deserve a bloody nose. 

The Spain/Monaco aspect would have a chance of being thrown out as not being material enough and too related to the original case, imo, now that that case has been determined. There is normally not a great deal of opportunity to provide a defence to the specific legislation that the Immigration Minister is now using to cancel Novak's visa for the second time, due to the wording of the legislation, so it probably has the best chance of success.

I agree however. If they do lose twice, it will be a major major embarrassment. The inability to effectively police their own borders regarding Covid. That alone should indicate to you that they will have done everything that they can to try to assure success this time around.

So I lack empathy now? Classy. I used to live in melbourne and still have friends there so know plenty about what they have been through. None of it was caused by Novak ****ing Djokovic though!

It would appear that the vast majority of Australians disagree with you, 83% in a very recent poll. I would hazard that the feeling in Victoria is even more pronounced.

https://www.jantakareporter.com/india/83-of-australians-want-novak-djokovic-deported-former-coach-boris-becker-says-no-tennis-player-is-bigger-than-tournament/391947/

But of course you know better than them, because you used to live there. 🤨

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Would Castle be a joke and pathetic if he'd said Djokovic is in the right here?

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

:D I'd hazard that he would be a sound guy with his head screwed on right, who merely says it as it is. Amirite?

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I'd hazard that he would be a sound guy with his head screwed on right, who merely says it as it is. Amirite?

Exactly.

Adam_the_legend
21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It would appear that the vast majority of Australians disagree with you, 83% in a very recent poll. I would hazard that the feeling in Victoria is even more pronounced.

https://www.jantakareporter.com/india/83-of-australians-want-novak-djokovic-deported-former-coach-boris-becker-says-no-tennis-player-is-bigger-than-tournament/391947/

But of course you know better than them, because you used to live there. 🤨

You seem to have a problem with someone having an opinion. I never said I knew better than anyone, I simply have a view. Is that ok with you oh great arbiter of all that is right and true. 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Boom…

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And boom :lol: 

15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'd put a lot of money on you being correct if there was a bookmaker that would take the bet.

43 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

FTFY

Arriving early and quarantining wasn't one of the options open to him. Taking the vaccine was or staying in Monaco was another, maybe even making a protest about the restrictions but he took the sleekit route.

Why?

Djokovic's story has been full of holes from the get go. There is credible doubt that he tested positive at all. Given his movements since 16th December, it's a fair question. Either he tested positive and didn't give a shit, going to schools and PR events and a trip to Spain or he didn't test positive.

Castle may not have been our best ever tennis player and, as a commentator, he's made an arse of himself more than once (but not on as grand a scale as Inverdale or some others) but he's well connected and will be slightly better informed in all of this than most who're commenting. "Pathetic" is unnecessary.

I feel its more gossip than hard evidence. Beneath a so called professional tennis commentator surely? 

25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well said Andy putting those other players to shame who are using the situation to court favour with Oz tennis and its fans. 

Andy Murray ‘won’t kick Novak when he’s down’ after Djokovic’s Australian visa is cancelled (gbnews.uk)

Absolutely, especially when he goes on about that you need to be vaccinated to enter Australia and to play, and that something like 98% of the top mens players are all vaccinated. 

Well said Andy indeed.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolutely, especially when he goes on about that you need to be vaccinated to enter Australia and to play, and that something like 98% of the top mens players are all vaccinated. 

Well said Andy indeed.

I meant at least he was piling it on like others have.  He was more diplomatic. 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I meant at least he was piling it on like others have.  He was more diplomatic. 

Still made the point that the rules are you need to be vaccinated to enter Australia and that the vast majority of players have done just that.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Still made the point that the rules are you need to be vaccinated to enter Australia and that the vast majority of players have done just that.

But there were some exemptions to it if not vaccinated. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But there were some exemptions to it if not vaccinated. 

Yes, very few though........legitimate ones that is. 

For me this case now goes beyond a simple matter of being vaccinated or not being vaccinated, freedom of choice and all that jazz.

Imo what we have now, is a player potentially lying and therefore trying to cheat their way into taking part in a tournament they would under the current rules have been barred from taking part in.

For me there are just too many inconsistances, too many questions which Djokovic hasn't answered satisfactory, in my view.

A Boy Named Crow

See link below for the story behind the second cancellation of his visa. It basically boils down to a marketing move promoting public health measures. Letting this tool do what he likes would cause other tools to do what they like, undermining public health. 

Sounds like a smart move to make an example of him!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/live-novak-djokovic-to-be-detained-after-immigration-minister-cancels-tennis-stars-visa/news-story/966f834ff685c50a667a90cfc50fc829

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

If the man has any self dignity left he would just say "feck-this" and jump on the next flight home!

If he's deported he wont be back for 3 years. If he leaves on his own accord, the rules may have changed next January and he can compete next year....or he wont ever win it again as he will miss this one and the next 3.

If he gets deported from Australia, he'll have no chance of getting into the US.

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it’s fascinating the anger directed at him on this . I think it’s for a variety of reasons . Interesting 

One reason. He's a prick. The prick's prick.

8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

FTFY

Why?

James has covid shame from bleaching his stuff. Now everyone has to pay for this, so much so, that prick's like Novak are the good guys in his therapy.

A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

One reason. He's a prick. The prick's prick.

He's also chosen the wrong country to prick about with. Australia is famously strict about who it lets in, and public opinion here is so vehemently against him, no credible politician is going to argue his case.

Stick him in the hold of the next plane heading north...

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well said Andy putting those other players to shame who are using the situation to court favour with Oz tennis and its fans. 

Andy Murray ‘won’t kick Novak when he’s down’ after Djokovic’s Australian visa is cancelled (gbnews.uk)

You now a fan of GB news. You really have lost your tiny mind.

8 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You seem to have a problem with someone having an opinion. I never said I knew better than anyone, I simply have a view. Is that ok with you oh great arbiter of all that is right and true. 

Australia's a sovereign nation, controlling its borders as it likes.

If 83% say Djokovic get TF, then no matter what you think, the government would be utterly retarded not to listen and act.

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

James has covid shame from bleaching his stuff. Now everyone has to pay for this, so much so, that prick's like Novak are the good guys in his therapy.

Stop drinking and get to bed 🛌 lol what the hell is “ covid shame” ? 
I’ve got covid the now and couldn’t be happier ! Best option is to get it and no croak it ! Anti bodies and all ! 😎

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You now a fan of GB news. You really have lost your tiny mind.

I read all news sources apart from the BBC ! You must be  half pissed 

I’ll ignore the insults . Good night 😴