Nick Walsh

colinmaroon

18 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I think JJ is saying that because of our poor defending, etc, we were going to lose that game anyway.

Your point that Walsh contributed to making things worse for us is undoubtedly correct. 
Excellent post, by the way. 👍 

👍

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Riccarton3

• colinmaroon

• GinRummy

44 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Can you please explain why over 90% of Grade 1 referees are from the Glasgow area, and yes I have checked?

Until THIS and the disgraceful (SPFL) voting system are changed... Scottish football will be forever seen as tinpot, and the uglies will only get stronger. How it's gone on so long is, quite simply, criminal.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Until THIS and the disgraceful (SPFL) voting system are changed... Scottish football will be forever seen as tinpot, and the uglies will only get stronger. How it's gone on so long is, quite simply, criminal.

Do we not have Aberdeen to thank for that? 

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I believe so.

Old chairman said the smaller teams were asking  for too much, maybe gate sharing etc so decided on the status quo. 1 League cup in 30 years and no prospect of anything soon for Aberdeen

For many years I have watched refs giving 70%, or thereabouts, of the 50-50s in a way that benefits two teams in one way or another, when needed. Some being better at it than others. Many times, nether of the two teams were playing, however, the game would mean something to one, or both of them. 

I didn't think that I would witness a ref get so confused while doing this that he would step out the box as far as the ref did in the Celtic game. What happened there was a ref that, for whatever reason, became confused in his cheating, more than a couple of times.

Then there is what he did to Barrie Mckay. That was not just out of the box, that was also way beyond the pale. I have my own ideas why that game was no more than a pantomime and I am sure many others are of the same opinion.

It has been ramped up. Make no mistake about that. 

In my close to sixty years of watching Hearts and Scottish football, for me, that game is exhibit A when it comes to pointing out the cheating, and the corruption, in Scottish football. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Scottish football is a joke. Clubs, not the @$$ cheeks need to start working together. They need to step up for their fans. We pay to much money to at least not expect a level playing field. If we lose a game because our players are less skilled or have an off day then fine. How many games lost to bad officiating is one to many. How many managers this season already have brought up “cheating” because that’s what they mean when the question an obvious missed call. I’d guess 90% of managers questioning calls were in games against the @$$ cheeks. Way to much to be a coincidence. 
Celtic and Newco question officials publicly all the time. It’s time for Hearts and other clubs to do it together. Celtic asked only last week for clarification on a dubious call that went their way. Unbelievable scenes but they do it every season. If the don’t get closer to Newco points wise soon they’ll do it even more. Our game is a bogey and getting worse by the season.

They need each other. 

Some think that if The Rangers don't win the league and get their hands on the money at the end of the rainbow, they will go pop. The other half are willing to take second so as The Rangers don't go pop. We are the boogeyman to them. This is all or nothing to some and the knife through the Hearts badge that was dripping in blood was not even the first clue. I am aware that it is more complex that this, nonetheless, this is where we are. 

I think both Edinburgh clubs need to fight harder for the Edinburgh referees. 

There is a glaring disparity and its not bringing the game into disrepute to point it out. 

Start loudly talking about it. If nothing changes then start demanding that change. 

I don't think the SFA/SPFL are in a sustainable position if Hearts & Hibs start shouting about it. Even more so if the Dundee clubs & Aberdeen agree. Cormack is pumping a lot of money into them and he's playing against a rigged deck essentially. 

• 1 month later...
Brick Tamland

He was utter pish last night,  let St Johnstone away with some fouls yet pulled us back for non fouls, disrupted play, some baffling decisions especially the fouls he gave against Haring and Devlin, should have booked a couple of their players in first half but let them off, and how many times did he tell them to stop stealing yards at throw ins but they completely ignored him and took the extra yards anyway. Took the heat off Souttar a couple of times by diverting the boos to him, seriously shite referee. 

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

He was utter pish last night,  let St Johnstone away with some fouls yet pulled us back for non fouls, disrupted play, some baffling decisions especially the fouls he gave against Haring and Devlin, should have booked a couple of their players in first half but let them off, and how many times did he tell them to stop stealing yards at throw ins but they completely ignored him and took the extra yards anyway. Took the heat off Souttar a couple of times by diverting the boos to him, seriously shite referee. 

Missed 2 clear penalty’s for hearts IMO and was it Davidson that could of seen red terrible referee 

Something very weird going on with this guy. Never seen so many 50/50 decisions go against one team like that. Felt like he was enjoying winding up the Hearts players and support.

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Something very weird going on with this guy. Never seen so many 50/50 decisions go against one team like that. Felt like he was enjoying winding up the Hearts players and support.

Yeah. He’s clearly been promoted way above his station. 

I really really believe the clubs need to start tracking which local associations refs are being promoted from because it’s crystal clear there is a bias but because the data is obfuscated out of the public eye it’s very difficult to be able to show the heavy slant towards Glasgow/Ayrshire/Renfrewshire associations. The best way would be to compare them with the east coast ones - Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen. 

The lack of transparency alone suggests something reeks. 

Ginelly certainly doesn't get much out of this guy. Smith booked for his first foul in the match as well right at the end. Must do better. 

He seems to hate Hearts, probably because he's read this thread on kickback.

Hey Nick, you are a truly awful referee, your total bias shows through. When I see your future appointments to a Hearts game, I'm going to put big bets on that we will not get a penalty. Even at long odds, I'll make plenty from your ineptitude.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, bajthejambo said:

He gave a foul against Barrie McKay that looked to me like an excellent recovery tackle. 

CORRECT RIGHT IN FRONT OF US WON THE BALL PERFECTLY HE'S A KNOB END THE REF THAT IS

He's just a PE teacher with a whistle. His understanding of the game is so poor - failure to play advantage in the first half when Smith was clear on the right side for example.

The SFA have such low standards it's no wonder our game is so easily manipulated.

He had a poor game - figured that the Winter break meant he’d lost form, but reading this it seems that he’s just a bit pish when it comes to refereeing.

I'd like to see the penalty decisions again but the one in the first half when Gino won the foot race with the defender and just had the keeper to beat looked a stonewaller.

34 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'd like to see the penalty decisions again but the one in the first half when Gino won the foot race with the defender and just had the keeper to beat looked a stonewaller.

I thought he had a shit game but he got both penalty decisions right

4 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

Fair doos.

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Another hopeless referee who loves the limelight. 

51 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

You're right. It was a stonewaller, as pointed out by the pundits on Sportscene. At the game I thought that the second half one was worse, but watching it again I reckon that Walsh got that right (though he's still a useless **** of a referee).

Thought the high tackle on Devlin should have been a yellow with arguments for it being a red but he seemed to disappointingly give us a free kick and nothing else.

He's no Beaton but the standard of referees in Scotland is very poor.

24 minutes ago, Cobblers said:

I thought the 1st Gino one was a penalty.  So did McFadden and Foster on Sportscene.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I wouldn't let him referee a primary school game.

Well he wouldn't look out of place as he is about the same size and mentality as a primary school kid. (Sorry Kids)

1 hour ago, kila said:

He's just a PE teacher with a whistle. His understanding of the game is so poor - failure to play advantage in the first half when Smith was clear on the right side for example.

The SFA have such low standards it's no wonder our game is so easily manipulated.

Genuinely think that there are so few people that want to become referees that it's easy to make it to a professional level in Scotland.  

It's a bit like politicians, who'd want to be one?  The majority are sociopaths trying to resolve childhood trauma, file politicians and referees (including wee man syndrome Nick Walsh) in the same bucket.

Just now, GinRummy said:

There are some awful refs in our league but I honestly think he is the worst. 

I could not believe he booked Michael Smith. That really was quite incredible. Nothing in his challenge and he gets a yellow.

Just now, wavydavy said:

I could not believe he booked Michael Smith. That really was quite incredible. Nothing in his challenge and he gets a yellow.

Was incredible. Stone wall penalty on Gino. Just awful reffing. Can’t even blow at the right time for HT. 

Just now, EH11 said:

Genuinely think that there are so few people that want to become referees that it's easy to make it to a professional level in Scotland.  

It's a bit like politicians, who'd want to be one?  The majority are sociopaths trying to resolve childhood trauma, file politicians and referees (including wee man syndrome Nick Walsh) in the same bucket.

Not a great comparison really (although I get your point). Those that go into politics may styart of with the best of intentions however once they are in their little club the majority get swayed by yhe lure of the easy money they can make and forget the real reason they are into politics.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Not a great comparison really (although I get your point). Those that go into politics may styart of with the best of intentions however once they are in their little club the majority get swayed by yhe lure of the easy money they can make and forget the real reason they are into politics.

Reading that back, I think there's even more that the two have in common. Human nature. 

Gino's was a definite penalty and you saw him look to his assistant to make the decision and when he never gave it he just played on and bottled it.

I also thought the tackle on Souttar at a corner was a stonewaller but they never focused on it on Sportscene.  It was easy for him not to give that one as a number of Hearts fans were booing Souttar anyway.

33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You mean, just like referees.

Fozzyonthefence

He was awful in the first half, didn’t really notice him second half.  Not sure if that was because were cruising or he just made less mistakes.

The Apprentice

The worst thing is that it wasn't even a hard game to referee and yet he still manages to making himself a talking point. At one point in the 1st half he gave a foul on the half way line because the 4th official told him to!

50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well he wouldn't look out of place as he is about the same size and mentality as a primary school kid. (Sorry Kids)

This is it for me. He looks out of his depth, and I don't think the players have any respect for him.

The St Johnstone players stealing yards at throw ins was in some ways reminiscent of his handling of McGregor's time wasting. Constantly gesturing for them to stop it and then allowing them just to carry on.

Boy trying to do a man's job

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Yeah. He’s clearly been promoted way above his station. 

I really really believe the clubs need to start tracking which local associations refs are being promoted from because it’s crystal clear there is a bias but because the data is obfuscated out of the public eye it’s very difficult to be able to show the heavy slant towards Glasgow/Ayrshire/Renfrewshire associations. The best way would be to compare them with the east coast ones - Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen. 

The lack of transparency alone suggests something reeks. 

Oh it does reek.

I tried to find out, (they used to announce where a referee was from, funny that has stopped.).

From what I could work out of 17 Grade 1 referees 16 are from the first group you mentioned, and 1 from the second group.

Seems fair eh? aye right

Gino should have had a penalty.   The ref blows 15 seconds early for half-time.   He's been learning his trade watching recent African nation Cup I think. 

Second half he eventually tells a st johnstone player to take the throwin from the correct spot.    The St johnstone player complys.   Then returns to the previous position.    Ref stands watching him.    Lots of other infuriating decisions. 

Crap referee. 

21 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Oh it does reek.

I tried to find out, (they used to announce where a referee was from, funny that has stopped.).

From what I could work out of 17 Grade 1 referees 16 are from the first group you mentioned, and 1 from the second group.

Seems fair eh? aye right

Yup. It’s genuinely a question I’d like to see put to McKinley/ the club board via the FOH. 

There is a distinct lack of east coast referees. Why? Can a breakdown of where the current crop are from (by association I mean). If not why not?

Its about time clubs started to put pressure on the SFA for transparency and parity in refereeing selections. 

section s heart
30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. It’s genuinely a question I’d like to see put to McKinley/ the club board via the FOH. 

There is a distinct lack of east coast referees. Why? Can a breakdown of where the current crop are from (by association I mean). If not why not?

Its about time clubs started to put pressure on the SFA for transparency and parity in refereeing selections. 

Agree the club's could be asking more questions. Also, I'd hope Crawford Allan would have seen the imbalance when he started his job, and publicly say that he was going to address it.

Bazzas right boot

Every ref is shite. 

Look at the Aberdeen / rangers game. 

Denied Aberdeen a clear penalty. 

Gave them what is at best a 50/50 pk and gives Kent a second booking for nothing. 

The standard is poor. 

I do think there is definitely a unconscious or conscious bias still there but 95% of the issue is that the are just poor. 

Make poor decisions. 

Far too eager to book for daft things yet let serious things go unpunished. 

Poor at playing advantage. 

Poor communication with players and managers. 

Just shite. 

The assistant refs do **** all to assist either. There as useful as  chocolate teapots.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Standard of refs in this country is shocking. The fact they dont even have to answer for any of their decisions doesnt help. If they make the decision, let them explain it.

Souttars yellow was soft and doubtful it was even a foul, Smiths yellow was a joke. Ciftci catches Devlin about knee height and I think we were lucky to get the foul, and not even a word to Ciftci.
Should have had a pen and many good challenges he gave as free kicks against us, Haring, Devlin and McKay just a few.

Sooner refs realize its not about them the better.