Nick Walsh

colinmaroon

Shooter McGavin

I don’t think I’ve ever felt as lost with the rules or the general idea of how a football match is played after today.

Is it a rule that if a player loses possession, but falls to the ground in the process, then it’s an automatic foul?

I know it’s cliche for people to suggest the game is now a non-contact sport, but I feel that’s starting to become a reality.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Riccarton3

• colinmaroon

• GinRummy

50 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's an art form, Colin. The Seamill Mafia. It's all about managing the game.

I remember Collum shrugging his shoulders at Celtic players in the 4-0 game because he couldn't help them. Not even he. 

Bin the ****ing lot of them. 

If it had been 0-0 he wouldn't have given the penalty.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Outplayed really?  clinical finishing certainly

53%
Away47%
Shots
Home16
Away12
Shots on Target
Home8
Away6
Corners
Home10
Away5
Fouls
Home15
Away10

Its goals that count

Morgaro Gomis
19 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Fair comment.   Being able  to attack (or counter-attack) at speed with accurate passing is a rehearsed skill I wish we could  become good at.    

You wont find me disagreeing with that point. I often think we must be one of the slowest teams in the world in transition, we constantly seem to refuse to counter attack even when its on. 

Just now, Sherbet said:

Its goals that count

As i stated "clinical finishing" was the difference.

I was responding to a poster who stated we were totally outplayed - which we very obviously were not

ToadKiller Dog

Why are the east coast clubs not calling out the GFA in public the lack of top grade refs and assistants from their areas  ?.

It's ridiculous it needs to argued in public 

Brick Tamland

I genuinely thought he was cheating with some of his decisions, but again not a surprise that we get such treatment from them. 
Scottish Football is all about Celtic & Sevco, and the powers that be do everything they can to maintain that. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I genuinely thought he was cheating with some of his decisions, but again not a surprise that we get such treatment from them. 
Scottish Football is all about Celtic & Sevco, and the powers that be do everything they can to maintain that. 

This. League is now the duopoly chase they require and it’s not even Christmas.

Scottish football sucks.

29 minutes ago, escobri said:

Hope the gambling jambos scooped up on card bets, free money today

The amount of cards he was dishing out, you'd think it was nearly Christmas, oops!

Need to stop blaming the officials for today - our defence was absolutely honking for the goals,the annoying thing was we started really well till that 🙄

11 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Need to stop blaming the officials for today - our defence was absolutely honking for the goals,the annoying thing was we started really well till that 🙄

There are three things I look at today.

1. We created plenty of good chances, of which at least two should have been goals due to poor finishing.

2. Defending was poor.  Failed to cover the overlap a couple of times down our right and got punished, and then lost a goal for a ball over the top.

3. Ref and Wheatfield linesman were at it.  Neither fit to officiate at this level - I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were woefully incompetent and out of their depth.

Francis Albert

First time I have seen Walsh. Ginnelly's first yellow showed me what to expect from him. Arrogant, pompous, melodramatic. He certainly fully lived up to that first impression.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

First time I have seen Walsh. Ginnelly's first yellow showed me what to expect from him. Arrogant, pompous, melodramatic. He certainly fully lived up to that first impression.

And what was it Ginnelly did? Queried a deflection on a shot? Totally contrived yellow by Walsh. Unfortunately the only team he needs to be a bit more careful 'officiating' is Celtic. And I'm sure he will. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Its goals that count

Doesn’t mean we were “outplayed” though does it!

Were do you start.

Never controlled the game, zero respect from either set of players.

Did the best job I've ever seen at shutting up the Hun. They where embarrassed by that performance.

Not 1 bad challenge and a game that was laughed at by players and management and supporters by the end.

Booking anybody for calling him out.

What a joke. .

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Were do you start.

Did the best job I've ever seen at shutting up the Hun. They where embarrassed by that performance.

Not 1 bad challenge and a game that was laughed at by players and management and supporters by the end.

What a joke. .

Gordon’s booking was hilarious. As was the moment he ran towards McGregor as if he was going to book him for time wasting then inexplicably changed his mind, making a T sign at him instead. McGregor then continued to time waste until he was booked. Absolute fud of a ref. 

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Were do you start.

What a joke. .

Put his pressed wee shorts back in the bag. Undoubtedly made some progress today towards the very top

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon’s booking was hilarious. As was the moment he ran towards McGregor as if he was going to book him for time wasting then inexplicably changed his mind, making a T sign at him instead. McGregor then continued to time waste until he was booked. Absolute fud of a ref. 

Can someone explain how there was only one minute added time at the end of the first half?

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Were do you start.

What a joke. .

As good a summary of his performance as you will get, well said.

Just now, frankblack said:

Can someone explain how there was only one minute added time at the end of the first half?

2 goals,automatic 30 seconds each. McGregor wearing a rangers top can take an long as he wants. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Was really surprised at that as well. Massive game today and on Sky. If any neutrals were switching on before the EPL wankfest they must’ve wondered what the **** they were watching. 

40 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He’s a school teacher. Depute head teacher and acts like one as a ref 

So hes a part time ref, all makes sense, still gets about 1000 pounds a game, now thats a joke.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

As i stated "clinical finishing" was the difference.

I was responding to a poster who stated we were totally outplayed - which we very obviously were not

Every OF game I say this.

All about taking your chances. You don’t normally get many, but you do get them.

Today, we had the most I have ever seen and took none or were very unlucky.

I said yesterday he is the worst referee to get v newco.  And so it proved. An absolute imposter that may as well wear the sash. No way were we winning that today with him in the middle. Look at his stats. Brutal. I would go as far as to say I would probably miss a semi final if I knew he was referring v sevco. Horrendous. Little wonder the players lost the plot

53 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

And what was it Ginnelly did? Queried a deflection on a shot? Totally contrived yellow by Walsh. Unfortunately the only team he needs to be a bit more careful 'officiating' is Celtic. And I'm sure he will. 

Ginnelly got right in his face is what he did. May even have been some slight contact. Booking all day long. Where Ginnelly really f**ked up was the second booking. He had no business getting involved in the handbags there. Just asking for a second yellow. Really let his mates down there imo. 

22 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

2 goals,automatic 30 seconds each. McGregor wearing a rangers top can take an long as he wants. 

Ref spotted it after 20mins and let him do it about another 10 times before booking him. Embarrassing from the champions to time waste after 20 mins

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

So hes a part time ref, all makes sense, still gets about 1000 pounds a game, now thats a joke.

The worst part is he is a PE teacher at the performance school for Rangers youth players not far from Murray Park.

I think the club needs to make a complaint about the refereeing then leak that it has made a complaint. 

Try and put some pressure on these ****witts. 

Or speak to the other east coast clubs and try and trigger another refereeing strike. Get some foreign guys in that actually know what they're doing. 

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Ginnelly got right in his face is what he did. May even have been some slight contact. Booking all day long. Where Ginnelly really f**ked up was the second booking. He had no business getting involved in the handbags there. Just asking for a second yellow. Really let his mates down there imo. 

Was there any movement from Walsh towards Ginnelly? That's what I thought I read earlier. So, it was a coming together created by both player and ref?

Ginnelly made a mountain out of a molehill there. I watched the replay of the supposed deflection and it was very difficult to tell. Easy (and I am not defending his overall performance here) for the ref to say it was a goal kick. Most times as a player you would just raise your arms toward the ref in a “wtaf” gesture and move on. Ginnelly took petulance to a new level. 

53 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Doesn’t mean we were “outplayed” though does it!

We were happily outplayed by celtic in the first game of season and won

2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

We were happily outplayed by celtic in the first game of season and won

I was thinking that as I left. All that really counts is scoring v conceding goals. 

6 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Ginnelly made a mountain out of a molehill there. I watched the replay of the supposed deflection and it was very difficult to tell. Easy (and I am not defending his overall performance here) for the ref to say it was a goal kick. Most times as a player you would just raise your arms toward the ref in a “wtaf” gesture and move on. Ginnelly took petulance to a new level. 

Cheers. Neilson must surely advise these numbskills what they are dealing with re officialdom in this league. Will see it I am sure. Ginnelly does not seem to be too bright.

32 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

As fans, we like to moan about almost every referee these days

Any out there that don’t get moaned about by us?

Stay on topic please. This thread is about Nick Walsh. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Stay on topic please. This thread is about Nick Walsh. 

I am

but lately we have been moaning about every ref 

39 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Every OF game I say this.

All about taking your chances. You don’t normally get many, but you do get them.

Today, we had the most I have ever seen and took none or were very unlucky.

That's my take.  I'm over it already but worried about our repeated failure to take chances.

Surely there's someone out there who can find the net.

29 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Sums up all that’s wrong with Scottish football. A display that combined incompetence and bias in equal measures.

This big style. Couldn't agree with you more

He reminded me of Willie Collum in his earlier years. Irritatingly officious and pedantic and couldn't get his cards out quickly enough. Both of them teachers too.

For the second game in a row it felt like we were up against it from the start because of the ref. Is this an issue in other leagues in Europe or a peculiarly Scottish thing because most kids in the greater Glasgow area grow up supporting either Celtic or Rangers?