Nick Walsh

colinmaroon

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What good will Moaning about the few every time we lose do?

All evil needs is for good men to keep silent!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Riccarton3

• colinmaroon

• GinRummy

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Rangers academy is at Murray park, so he should be on nice friendly terms with all the first team players.

Ridiculous that this is allowed, but that's Scottish football for you.He could easily be allocated other games to avoid a conflict, but they are all so sure of themselves they think they can get away with anything - and they do

It's not the Academy. He is a PE teacher at some school in Bearsden where they send their kids. We have the same sort of agreement with Balerno High School. Can you imagine if there was a PE teacher there who was also a grade 1 (laughable I know) ref and who reffed our game against them? 

50 minutes ago, merrymac said:
In his last 7 Rangers matches reffed he has produced 5 red cards all against the opposition(including Celtic)  + one penalty for Rangers.
Rangers have received no red cards
Looks about right.

In the running for the Simply the Best Trophy donated by Rev. Mike McCurry

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

Sounds like the new Dougie Macdonald.

Looked a very poor ref to be fair. Will surely get found out.  

As long as he keeps doing the business to help out his Govan pals he’ll continue to get top games involving them. A wee cabal of these folk about these days. Dallas, Madden, Beaton and Walsh. 

10 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

He is a little prick. Check the attitude on him when booking Gino. Another with wee man syndrome on an ego trip. Cheat

Yeh his attitude was "don't you dare touch me" which I don't think Gino did.  Unless he swore at him it didn't deserve a booking.

ToadKiller Dog
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's not the Academy. He is a PE teacher at some school in Bearsden where they send their kids. We have the same sort of agreement with Balerno High School. Can you imagine if there was a PE teacher there who was also a grade 1 (laughable I know) ref and who reffed our game against them? 

So he teaches rangers kids and Gollum teaches celtic kids so in the eyes of the GFA both balance each other out and fairness is achieved. 

The mentality of glasgow run scottish football .

Nothing to see here ,move on.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Highlighting his many negatives on here tells us nothing we didn’t already know. What needs to be done is for Hearts to publicly ask the SFA to look into his obvious lack of common sense and his knowledge of the game rules. Please don’t tell me it’s all a bit Celticy. If we do or say nothing he’ll ref us again and do it again. And so it continues. He was pathetic Sunday. If he’s not called out by us or his bosses he will help his team again against another opponent. Still not sure how Gordon was booked before the Newco goalie. That’s a head shaker. Time for Hearts to stand up for the fans that pay hard earned money to see a fair and unbiased officiated game.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They don't even allow the only Edinburgh ref to take games against either of them, but he is ok to ref Rangers

Its laughable and been going on forever

SectionDJambo
32 minutes ago, livi said:

Yeh his attitude was "don't you dare touch me" which I don't think Gino did.  Unless he swore at him it didn't deserve a booking.

Unfortunately, Gino made it easy for him yesterday. You could see his eyes light up when Gino got himself involved in the stooshie.

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

What good will moaning about fellow Hearts fans every time they don't act in a way you consider appropriate do?

🤣🤣

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, merrymac said:
In his last 7 Rangers matches reffed he has produced 5 red cards all against the opposition(including Celtic)  + one penalty for Rangers.
Rangers have received no red cards
Looks about right.

Absolute disgrace. He needs reprimanded immediately.

Imagine forgetting to send off opposition player in a couple of the games.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolute disgrace. He needs reprimanded immediately.

Imagine forgetting to send off opposition player in a couple of the games.

I realise its an attempt at humour but he probably did.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

He is a little prick. Check the attitude on him when booking Gino. Another with wee man syndrome on an ego trip. Cheat

My thoughts exactly 

26 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This guy was too fast to get the cards out yesterday, half of those weren't even bookings.

Huns got the early lead, he did the rest broke up play nicely with cheap fouls and even cheaper bookings

Job done

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Has Mr Walsh ever refereed an OF game?

yep

2/5/21

Guess the score...................

Rangers 4 - Celtic 1 AND a red card for a .................................Celtic player.

Let rangers take quick free kicks from a 5yard radius of the foul.  We tried to take a quick free kick just before half time. Walsh made us take the kick again a few yards from the first try. All quite subtle 

34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The little shit was bursting out of his shorts as he reached for his sky rocket.

Were you watching through binoculars to see that Jonno 😂

Diadora Van Basten

The guys was a blatant cheat Morelos and McGregor were time wasting like mad and he refused to book Morelos and left it very late to book McGregor by then he had wasted about eight minutes of the game.

Ginnely gets booked after he gets a decision wrong. Haring and Devlin booked after the linesman didn’t give the ball as out.

Misses blatant hand ball that put the ball behind Boyce resulting in him putting it over the bar.

Sent off Ginnelly after Rangers attacks first Devlin then Ginnelly. Was away running after Ginnelly who did nothing to book and send him off then only gave aggressive Rangers player a booking.

Ignored various Rangers players kicking the ball away after decisions went against them then booked Gordon for trying to stop Morelos.

Anyone who thinks these marginal gains don’t make any difference to Rangers are kidding themselves.

I hadn’t heard about the ref before the game but after reading this thread and the fact he is a Glasgow ref who teaches at Rangers school makes sense as he had a clear Rangers bias yesterday.

On 13/12/2021 at 17:20, Sherbet said:

Let rangers take quick free kicks from a 5yard radius of the foul.  We tried to take a quick free kick just before half time. Walsh made us take the kick again a few yards from the first try. All quite subtle 

Yes. The trick is not to make blatantly unfair decisions that give away your agenda.

The name of the game is to make decisions that might be seen as reasonable (or an “honest mistake”).

It’s just that all of these marginal decisions seem to go against the team playing TRFC.

Stalling the other team’s momentum as you’ve described is a tactic I’ve heard is one favoured by the Lanarkshire referees brotherhood.

Edited by PortyBeach

34 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes. The trick is not to make blatantly unfair decisions that give away your agenda.

The name of the game is to make decisions that might be seen as reasonable (or an “honest mistake”).

It’s just that all of these marginal decisions seem to go against the team playing TRFC.

Stalling the other team’s momentum as you’ve described is a tactic I’ve heard is one favoured by the Lanarkshire referees brotherhood.

Think Walsh might be overdoing it on the blatant front

5 reds and a penalty in his last seven Hun games.

I bet you can guess how many Rangers reds there were, no prizes😂

Edited by merrymac

17 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think Walsh might be overdoing it on the blatant front

5 reds and a penalty in his last seven Hun games.

I bet you can guess how many Rangers reds there were, no prizes😂

Well, I didn’t say Walsh was very good at it! 😂

Just now, PortyBeach said:

Well, I didn’t say Walsh was very good at it! 😂

It seems hes not very good at anything then😲

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

It seems hes not very good at anything then😲

Based on the stats you provided, I’d say he’s good at being predictable.

I think he’s that!

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Brotherhood and priesthood!!

Forever Hearts
On 13/12/2021 at 17:08, merrymac said:

yep

2/5/21

Guess the score...................

Rangers 4 - Celtic 1 AND a red card for a .................................Celtic player.

Celtic were crap and it was a red card. 

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Still trying to defend the indefensible, eh Nick!!!

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Still trying to defend the indefensible, eh Nick!!!

Nah, I can just admit when he gets something right. 

On 13/12/2021 at 04:18, OmiyaHearts said:

Full time refs are the only way to go, if we want improved performances.

I work with a Premiership ref. One day he was working from 6am til 2pm. He then had to drive to Inverness in the afternoon, to ref a game that night. He's also had to work some Saturday mornings before a 3pm match. 

There's no way anyone can put in a level of performance and concentration after working before match.

Does anyone really think full-time refs would change the weegie centric decisions?  If so please explain how!

They would just be getting paid more for their ineptness. 

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

Does anyone really think full-time refs would change the weegie centric decisions?  If so please explain how!

They would just be getting paid more for their ineptness. 

While it's all well and good to focus on one game (he did a poor job but ultimately didn't affect the game imo), that'll always be brushed off as a bad day at the office and that old chestnut 'it all evens itself out at the end of the day' gets rolled out. Layer on top the underlying rivalries that have us (and the other non OF clubs) laughing at each other rather than uniting in protest at poor decisions and we therefore find ourselves doing a lot of bitching and moaning while ultimately inertia prevails.

I think the question we need to ask goes back to how refs are developed, appointed and assessed - I'd heard on a radio program a while back an allegation from a disgruntled ref that nearly all the Cat 1 refs had come through the same association and that it was a bit of a closed shop. No idea to what extent that's true or if anyone here has looked into this more thoroughly?

In terms of which refs have had a run out this season, I did find this;

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/scottish-premiership/referee/

Needless to say the SFA website isn't much help;

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/

32 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

While it's all well and good to focus on one game (he did a poor job but ultimately didn't affect the game imo), that'll always be brushed off as a bad day at the office and that old chestnut 'it all evens itself out at the end of the day' gets rolled out. Layer on top the underlying rivalries that have us (and the other non OF clubs) laughing at each other rather than uniting in protest at poor decisions and we therefore find ourselves doing a lot of bitching and moaning while ultimately inertia prevails.

I think the question we need to ask goes back to how refs are developed, appointed and assessed - I'd heard on a radio program a while back an allegation from a disgruntled ref that nearly all the Cat 1 refs had come through the same association and that it was a bit of a closed shop. No idea to what extent that's true or if anyone here has looked into this more thoroughly?

I can answer that.

It is a total closed shop.

Of 17 grade 1 referees all but one are from the Glasgow area.

I have spoken to an Edinburgh referee who was pretty highly rated, and he gave up totally because the pathway was totally blocked once he reached a certain level.

The whole system needs stripped down and rebuilt.

Full time refs will make no difference, its the system that is corrupt. These refs know what they need to do to keep their place, full time will only make them more in the pockets of the GFA, if their total livelihood depended on it.

11 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's an opinion.

What I posted in response to a question were facts.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, merrymac said:

That's an opinion.

What I posted in response to a question were facts.

Ok. Celtic were wonderful, their fans were delighted with their performance and everybody agreed it wasn't a red card. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Ok. Celtic were wonderful, their fans were delighted with their performance and everybody agreed it wasn't a red card. 

A different opinion

Well done:thumbsup:

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

A different opinion

Well done:thumbsup:

So saying Hearts were crap against Brora isn't a fact, it's only an opinion? 😂

I see we have Willie Collum for the Dundee game. At least it’s not Celtic we are playing. Who knows we might even get an even unbiased display.  Comes to a pretty picture when you actually begin to think that Collum is probably one of the better ones.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So saying Hearts were crap against Brora isn't a fact, it's only an opinion? 😂

That's a totally different subject, was Nick Walsh referreeing that game?

I dont know but your instant recall of an Old firm game played 7 months ago is interesting.

The red card was early in the game so might have had an influence on Celtic being as you say -crap.

Answer me this - Do you think that 5 reds and a penalty for Rangers in the last 7 of their games that Walsh has refereed is an average performance?

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

That's a totally different subject, was Nick Walsh referreeing that game?

I dont know but your instant recall of an Old firm game played 7 months ago is interesting.

The red card was early in the game so might have had an influence on Celtic being as you say -crap.

Answer me this - Do you think that 5 reds and a penalty for Rangers in the last 7 of their games that Walsh has refereed is an average performance?

Aye, because Celtic had a great season last year.🙄 

Have you watched the full 90 minutes of these 7 performances to know that the 5 red cards and penalty weren't justified? If you have, I'll bow to your superior knowledge, because I haven't. 

PS. I'm not defending his performance on Sunday so you can get that idea right out of your head.

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, because Celtic had a great season last year.🙄 

Have you watched the full 90 minutes of these 7 performances to know that the 5 red cards and penalty weren't justified? If you have, I'll bow to your superior knowledge, because I haven't. 

PS. I'm not defending his performance on Sunday so you can get that idea right out of your head.

I can vouch for 2 without looking back

Ginnelly - 2 soft yellows

McGregor two yellows - one fair enough the other soft all within 25 minutes.

Look Walsh isn't the only one, He is just an extreme example its the whole system that is corrupt

Can you please explain why over 90% of Grade 1 referees are from the Glasgow area, and yes I have checked?

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I can vouch for 2 without looking back

Ginnelly - 2 soft yellows

McGregor two yellows - one fair enough the other soft all within 25 minutes.

Look Walsh isn't the only one, He is just an extreme example its the whole system that is corrupt

Can you please explain why over 90% of Grade 1 referees are from the Glasgow area, and yes I have checked?

No, I can't explain it. What makes you think that I could? I know as much about the refereeing ladder as the next person. It's up to the other clubs to knock their heads together and start asking serious questions as to why no refs east of Harthill are getting a chance. 

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

I agree that something needs to be done about the whole process of how refereeing is governed within Scottish football. There are so many things wrong, from blatant bias to hugely incompent performances, and absolutely no apparent method of addressing poor refereeing performances. Bobby Madden will continue as normal, despite his "boss" publicly saying he got some big decisions wrong. The clubs need to assert themselves and put on a united front to ensure this part of the game is looked at properly and the various issues, such as recruitment and any relationship with a club is resolved, and a proper review and action plan for when referees are incompetent.

As I say, I agree with most of your post, however I do disagree with the part in bold. I believe Walsh did have an effect on the game, by failing to control the Rangers players, not only allowing them to upset the rhythm of the game, unfairly in some cases, but contributing to it himself.

Rangers took an early 2 goal lead and then sought to see out/manage the game. Nothing wrong in that, however Walsh should have acted to stop them from deliberately kicking the ball away every time there was a stoppage, and should definitely have punished the blatant time wasting that pantomime villain McGregor indulged in, long before he did. To watch Walsh rush up making dramatic hand gestures telling McGregor to stop it was hilarious, especially given the time wasting continued another 3 or 4 times before he finally got his card out. 

His own performance, in breaking up the flow of the game, apart from failing to control the players behaviour, was evident in his continually stopping the play and dishing our cards like confetti in a game whilst was hardly of the red meat variety.

There is no doubt in my mind that the performance of this referee clearly affected the game, by stopping us building any momentum and keeping the home crowd fairly subdued, which suited Rangers perfectly. We lost the game because of 2 good finishes/ poor defending and a failure to take our chances, however Walsh did affect how the game was played and we will never know what effect that had on the result.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No, I can't explain it. What makes you think that I could? I know as much about the refereeing ladder as the next person. It's up to the other clubs to knock their heads together and start asking serious questions as to why no refs east of Harthill are getting a chance. 

Little chance of that happening with the Old Firm influence.

WE will just have to disagree, you think the old firm get the same treatment as everybody else, I look at the stats and watch games and come to a vastly different conclusion.

Good to chat :thumbsup:

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Little chance of that happening with the Old Firm influence.

WE will just have to disagree, you think the old firm get the same treatment as everybody else, I look at the stats and watch games and come to a vastly different conclusion.

Good to chat :thumbsup:

You'll need to show me where I said that.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

You'll need to show me where I said that.

Apologies if you didn't say that, but you seemed to be implying it with your defence of Mr Walsh,s performances.

all about opinions eh

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Apologies if you didn't say that, but you seemed to be implying it with your defence of Mr Walsh,s performances.

all about opinions eh

Accepted.👍

15 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

I agree that something needs to be done about the whole process of how refereeing is governed within Scottish football. There are so many things wrong, from blatant bias to hugely incompent performances, and absolutely no apparent method of addressing poor refereeing performances. Bobby Madden will continue as normal, despite his "boss" publicly saying he got some big decisions wrong. The clubs need to assert themselves and put on a united front to ensure this part of the game is looked at properly and the various issues, such as recruitment and any relationship with a club is resolved, and a proper review and action plan for when referees are incompetent.

As I say, I agree with most of your post, however I do disagree with the part in bold. I believe Walsh did have an effect on the game, by failing to control the Rangers players, not only allowing them to upset the rhythm of the game, unfairly in some cases, but contributing to it himself.

Rangers took an early 2 goal lead and then sought to see out/manage the game. Nothing wrong in that, however Walsh should have acted to stop them from deliberately kicking the ball away every time there was a stoppage, and should definitely have punished the blatant time wasting that pantomime villain McGregor indulged in, long before he did. To watch Walsh rush up making dramatic hand gestures telling McGregor to stop it was hilarious, especially given the time wasting continued another 3 or 4 times before he finally got his card out. 

His own performance, in breaking up the flow of the game, apart from failing to control the players behaviour, was evident in his continually stopping the play and dishing our cards like confetti in a game whilst was hardly of the red meat variety.

There is no doubt in my mind that the performance of this referee clearly affected the game, by stopping us building any momentum and keeping the home crowd fairly subdued, which suited Rangers perfectly. We lost the game because of 2 good finishes/ poor defending and a failure to take our chances, however Walsh did affect how the game was played and we will never know what effect that had on the result.

I think JJ is saying that because of our poor defending, etc, we were going to lose that game anyway.

Your point that Walsh contributed to making things worse for us is undoubtedly correct. 
Excellent post, by the way. 👍 

Edited by PortyBeach