Nick Walsh

colinmaroon

Just now, Scott Leitch said:

You can't be in the referees face like he was. Clear booking.

I think we all know that depends on the colour Of jersey you’re wearing. 

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Riccarton3

• colinmaroon

• GinRummy

Cheating little HUN *****

Booking Gordon because Morelos is rolling around wasting time :laugh:

His darling Rangers got to dominate because anytime Hearts touched them it was a foul.

Hearts were pish at times but the refereeing being in favour of Rangers (all the little 50/50's, bookings etc) really takes the wind out our sails. Surprised there were 5 Rangers bookings at the end but McGregor should've been booked for time wasting much sooner.

20 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Cheating *******. 

Why people don't want VAR is beyond me. It HAS to happen. 

VAR isn't going to even look at many of these decisions, though.    Anyway - and  sad to say - we were well outplayed today.  No point in going over the top at Walsh for today.    

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, kila said:

His darling Rangers got to dominate because anytime Hearts touched them it was a foul.

Hearts were pish at times but the refereeing being in favour of Rangers (all the little 50/50's, bookings etc) really takes the wind out our sails. Surprised there were 5 Rangers bookings at the end but McGregor should've been booked for time wasting much sooner.

His booking of Gordon was ridiculous. Morelos was offside anyway. Walsh just decided to book Gordon because his beloved Alfredo was pretending to be hurt.

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

VAR isn't going to even look at many of these decisions, though.    Anyway - and  sad to say - we were well outplayed today.  No point in going over the top at Walsh for today.    

Do you genuinely believe we were outplayed today? 

My eyes (and the stats) tell me otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

His booking of Gordon was ridiculous. Morelos was offside anyway. Walsh just decided to book Gordon because his beloved Alfredo was pretending to be hurt.

Morelos is a con artist and Walsh fell for it. That makes Walsh look more stupid than he already is. 

1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I think the reasoning may be we wouldn't get the chances unless rangers want us to have them. A bit harsh imo if it is.

4 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Don’t think Hearts were bad at all. Depending on your outlook we had a poor 10 or Rangers had a good 10 and that was the difference. Their 2nd half chances were all on the break. 

3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It wasn’t a dirty game either today. There was absolutely no need for most of his bookings today. 

Indeed, not dirty yet somehow Walsh showed poor control of the game at times.

Not see the Gino incident yet, was other end of the pitch for me, but I guess it was stupid of him to get involved given he was on a booking.

Edited by kila

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Outplayed really?  clinical finishing certainly

53%
Away47%
Shots
Home16
Away12
Shots on Target
Home8
Away6
Corners
Home10
Away5
Fouls
Home15
Away10

loveofthegame

Didn’t cost us the game but was appalling. Rangers just allowed to do whatever the wanted on the niggly side of the game, professional fouls to break up attacks, time wasting at goal kicks, kicking the ball away whenever anything awarded to Hearts. A decent, unbiased ref gets a grip of all that stuff early. 

Then add in that Morelos isn’t booked for the celebration and we’re booked every time we look at a rangers player or the ref.

I still blame poor defending and criminal wastefulness in front of goal for why we lost today tho. 

loveofthegame
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Well outplayed?! What game were you watching?!

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Stop talking nonsense

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

53%
Away47%
Shots
Home16
Away12
Shots on Target
Home8
Away6
Corners
Home10
Away5
Fouls
Home15
Away10

Exactly, some folk are ****ing clueless. 

I think he is pro-Sevco but subtle enough to strategically officiate in their favour.

Apart from that, he is an atrocious, petty-minded official, who has never played football in his life.  He is all that is wrong, in a general sense, with Scottish refrees.

A Jumped up little squirt

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

53%
Away47%
Shots
Home16
Away12
Shots on Target
Home8
Away6
Corners
Home10
Away5
Fouls
Home15
Away10

Maybe van Bronkhurst is happy to cede possession and glaring chances to the opposition while  his own team drop off their level. Can't see it to be honest.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I think he is pro-Sevco but subtle enough to strategically officiate in their favour.

Apart from that, he is an atrocious, petty-minded official, who has never played football in his life.  He is all that is wrong, in a general sense, with Scottish refrees.

A Jumped up little squirt

It's an art form, Colin. The Seamill Mafia. It's all about managing the game.

I remember Collum shrugging his shoulders at Celtic players in the 4-0 game because he couldn't help them. Not even he. 

Bin the ****ing lot of them. 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe van Bronkhurst is happy to cede possession and glaring chances to the opposition while  his own team drop off their level. Can't see it to be honest.

Or he'll take the view it was job done in the first 10 minutes. 

They could afford to sit back after that 

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I'll start it in advance.

Good call. Not much I could add without even reading the rest of the posts.

As a football association the SFA are either useless at teaching/training/hiring officials or absolutely on the ball on their goal season after season.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think there were spells when they were happy to sit in, and look to hit on the break.

Also there were long spells when we pushed them back with good play.

The main difference between the teams was the finishing

Morgaro Gomis

12 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Don’t think Hearts were bad at all. Depending on your outlook we had a poor 10 or Rangers had a good 10 and that was the difference. Their 2nd half chances were all on the break. 

Agreed. Outside a 10/15 minute spell first half I thought we played reasonably, finishing aside. 

Although, I’d counter that and say our defending was borderline suicidal at times. 

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Or he'll take the view it was job done in the first 10 minutes. 

They could afford to sit back after that 

And could they afford to sit back? Hearts hit the bar twice and scorned chances galore. Your argument stands up if Hearts create **** all. I am positive van Bronkhurst does not share your view else sets pretty low standards

8 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Didn’t cost us the game but was appalling. Rangers just allowed to do whatever the wanted on the niggly side of the game, professional fouls to break up attacks, time wasting at goal kicks, kicking the ball away whenever anything awarded to Hearts. A decent, unbiased ref gets a grip of all that stuff early. 

Then add in that Morelos isn’t booked for the celebration and we’re booked every time we look at a rangers player or the ref.

I still blame poor defending and criminal wastefulness in front of goal for why we lost today tho. 

Morelos celebration and then his time wasting throughout.

You're right that he never had a grip of the game. He came across too scared to discipline Rangers but all too happy to do it to Hearts even in unjust situations.

Hopefully this reel is added to the overall review of the SPFL by Hearts and co because the refereeing decisions (not just Hearts but the other non-OF teams too) are just too blatant to ignore. There's a clear underlying bias that they referee the OF differently and that unsurprisingly coincides with the TV deal being all about the duopoly.

As bad as Beaton against Hamilton was it?

shocking ref. Can handle one or two bad decisions to an extent but 90 minutes of pure cheating and incompetency is unacceptable 

Strangest 2 for me:

Morelos trying to ‘help’ Devlin when physios are around him with a head knock. How that isn’t a yellow i’ll never know

Gino’s first yello where ref actually walks out to him to make a bit of contact i think. The clown

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

And could they afford to sit back? Hearts hit the bar twice and scorned chances galore. Your argument stands up if Hearts create **** all. I am positive van Bronkhurst does not share your view else sets pretty low standards

Yes they could. 

Obviously had we scored it's a  different game but I think Rangers will be quite happy with that  

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Yes they could. 

Obviously had we scored it's a  different game but I think Rangers will be quite happy with that  

I'm sure but it won't be lost on them either that the opposition should have scored 3 or 4 goals. 

17 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Ok, the stats make it look  more even than I think it actually was.   But yes, there was a gulf between the teams - which shouldn't come as a surprise when you consider the gulf in resources.    They played to their standards, we played to ours - thats a gulf surely ?

I just  wish  we could move the ball through the midfield with the speed & accuracy that Rangers did a lot of the time today - we're still doing too much of this sideways passing at the back which allows the other team to get players behind the ball to close mark our forward players.         

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Lone Striker said:

Ok, the stats make it look  more even than I think it actually was.   But yes, there was a gulf between the teams - which shouldn't come as a surprise when you consider the gulf in resources.    They played to their standards, we played to ours - thats a gulf surely ?

I just  wish  we could move the ball through the midfield with the speed & accuracy that Rangers did a lot of the time today - we're still doing too much of this sideways passing at the back which allows the other team to get players behind the ball to close mark our forward players.         

I’m sorry but that’s nonsense. There was no gulf, for large spells we were the better side and forced them back. They were effective on the counter attack and looked likely to score each time, I’ll give you that.

However, we hit the bar twice missed a one on one and forced McGregor into numerous saves. We missed great chances, not half chances. 

The difference is they were clinical and we were not. 

1 minute ago, Boyces beard said:

Cheating hun *******

Often it's as simple as that. And the historical  proof is in  archives. Choose any year in any decade. It's all there

28 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Don't think we were outplayed today, LS.

The difference was they snapped up two chances while we were too hesitant or hit woodwork.

Sharper up front and we'd have taken something from the game.

Deservedly, imo.

7 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’m sorry but that’s nonsense. There was no gulf, for large spells we were the better side and forced them back. They were effective on the counter attack and looked likely to score each time, I’ll give you that.

However, we hit the bar twice missed a one on one and forced McGregor into numerous saves. We missed great chances, not half chances. 

Folk imagine the gear changes rangers COULD go through as support to the 'outplayed' concept. Its giving applause for things that don't happen

Edited by Riccarton3

loveofthegame
2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

to be fair I can see where Lone Striker is coming from even if I don’t believe for a second we were totally outplayed. The pace they move it at, the one touch passing, was at times a level above us. In eve same areas we can be painfully slow or revert to turning back and playing the easy pass. 

Aribo’s goal another example- forget that we should never be conceding to a long straight ball over the top- but his first touch and finish are serious quality. Counted numerous times we get in behind today but we take a bad touch and ball gets away from us and chance is gone.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen us create so many good chances in one game against Rangers, but the difference is they’ve taken two with little bits of quality and we’ve missed our lot. Fine margins and all that….

2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Cheating hun *******

Why are we all so surprised?

90% of grade 1 refs are from Glasgow area. Walsh works in Bearsden FFS

This has been going on forever and a day.

The real issue is that the rest of the clubs just meekly accept what is blatant bias, and it will continue until something is done to address the anomaly. WE currently have one grade 1 ref from Edinburgh and none from Dundee Aberdeen and up north. You cant tell me there are no talented refs currently officiating from any of these places. The current system makes it near impossible to change this. I had a look at it recently and in the past it always stated where a ref is from. Try and find out now, they are all from "Scotland":ermm:

VAR will only work if it is administrated out with Scotland.

Morgaro Gomis
6 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

to be fair I can see where Lone Striker is coming from even if I don’t believe for a second we were totally outplayed. The pace they move it at, the one touch passing, was at times a level above us. In eve same areas we can be painfully slow or revert to turning back and playing the easy pass. 

Aribo’s goal another example- forget that we should never be conceding to a long straight ball over the top- but his first touch and finish are serious quality. Counted numerous times we get in behind today but we take a bad touch and ball gets away from us and chance is gone.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen us create so many good chances in one game against Rangers, but the difference is they’ve taken two with little bits of quality and we’ve missed our lot. Fine margins and all that….

Don’t disagree with any of that. They are a level above us though, they have better players in most positions.

We most certainly didn’t get outplayed today though.

loveofthegame
3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Don’t disagree with any of that. They are a level above us though, they have better players in most positions.

We most certainly didn’t get outplayed today though.

Agreed!

56 minutes ago, kila said:

The Rangers' bookings allow him to say he was "fair."

14 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Fair comment.   Being able  to attack (or counter-attack) at speed with accurate passing is a rehearsed skill I wish we could  become good at.    

7 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

You've expressed  much better than me what I felt during much of the game.   👍

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

The Rangers' bookings allow him to say he was "fair."

SFA referee playbook is quite literally that: book the opposition early on to impact/weaken their game and book the OF late when they're ahead to balance it out a little for the stats.

Used to see it with Scott Brown all the time - generally booked near the end of the game when it mattered less so would get to spend entire game repeatedly fouling.

ToadKiller Dog

Frustrating as feck , played reasonably well ,Boyce should really have grabbed a hattrick .

Yes you could argue rangers maybe sat back ,but Macgregor time wasting from 20mins does say something. 

It's never going to be easy against the orcs and their team built on Tick plus the Glasgow refs club .

We ain't a bad side ,but we should have got ourselves back into this game .

Just now, ramrod said:

Absolutely horrendous in every facet of the game.

A truly dreadful referee, where the ****  is Scottish football getting these clowns from ?

Glasgow mainly😳