Should Scotland be an independent country?

Alex Kintner

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

505 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t know/ Abstain/ Spoil ballot

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• JudyJudyJudy

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Still no. We would be moving from Westminster to Brussels for handouts. 

Id rather stick to island politics. 

"Handouts!" Can you elaborate.

Brick Tamland

Yes I would like to see us as an independent country and part of the European Union. 
The UK government is a shambles and is geared up for the City of London and creating wealth in that area, I’m sure a lot of folk in the North of England would like to join us, they could house swap with the Sevco support. 

3 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Still no. We would be moving from Westminster to Brussels for handouts. 

Id rather stick to island politics. 

I don't think that is a given post Independence.

Firstly, we'd have to draw up a constitution which would be a cross party thing. Secondly, we'd have to have elections and the party that wins would need to pledge in their manifesto a referendum to join the EU. As we know, it is very difficult to get a majority at Holyrood and people's voting intentions and the make up of parties would likely change post Independence.

If we had a referendum on EU membership that may contain various possible affiliated trade options with the EU, not necessarily full membership. Lastly, if it was a yes in favour of joining EU we would likely have to convince other EU States to let us join. 

Konrad von Carstein
On 13/01/2022 at 23:08, Pans Jambo said:

Aye, poor Tomas is probably a coal miner now 😂

Coal miners in Poland earn a good wage

:shark:

SectionDJambo

In my opinion, currently the biggest friends of the people who hope for independence for Scotland are Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg.

It concerns me that they are causing so much despair within the population of Scotland, who otherwise would not wish for independence at this time. 
Certainly, in my view, if those two charlatans were arguing the case for Scotland remaining in the UK, very few people would believe that they were sincere, with much justification.

It is often said, with some mirth, that British politicians of all colours are economical with the truth. Johnson and Rees Mogg have taken being dishonest, outright liars and arrogant little Englanders to an altogether different level never experienced before by the UK population.

Yoon, thought of the day.

The calls for Johnson to go by some within the Conservative party is in sharp contrast to the monolith of snp subservience around the cult of our dear leader. Best wee corrupt country n that.

24 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The calls for Johnson to go by some within the Conservative party is in sharp contrast to the monolith of snp subservience around the cult of our dear leader. Best wee corrupt country n that.

:kirklol:

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

*Yoon, thought of the day.

*You misspelled it. You've put a Y instead of an L. :thumbsup:

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

:greatpost:

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Too wee, too poor, too stupid

Well, Jackladd and manalive are always on hand with their stupid comments!

manaliveits105

FMQT = UK government bad answer to every question - she could teach the prime minister a thing or two about spraffing 

manaliveits105

The snp party political broadcast on tv last night - deary me they  roll out 4 (party member actors)who say they voted no in 2014 but would vote yes now ??

aye right have they been reading jkb’s resident cult with their similar  fairy stories 

is that the best their think tank could come up with 

As I voted yes and am now naw that’s one of their muppets cancelled oot 

21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The snp party political broadcast on tv last night - deary me they  roll out 4 (party member actors)who say they voted no in 2014 but would vote yes now ??

aye right have they been reading jkb’s resident cult with their similar  fairy stories 

Fret not, comrade. Agent Boris is pushing more people towards independence every day he is in office. 

It's time to move on (from the Union).

6 hours ago, dtgj said:

Some recent polling on the matter.

Nothing in it. 

What was the polls leading up to Indyref 2014? Does anyone know. 

And 9 or 10 years is a fair time between referendums/referenda, considering the amount of GEs there has been since, that were supposed to be every 5 years.

8 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Here’s a question for the 28.57% on here. 

Why wouldn’t you want to run your own country? 

How come naebdie talks about the oil when the price is $90 per barrel. 🤔

Space Mackerel
15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

How come naebdie talks about the oil when the price is $90 per barrel. 🤔

Scottish oil ran out ages ago and is shite compared to all the other oils in the world, apparently. 😁

How any person born and bred in Scotland can continue to argue a case for the “Union” is beyond comprehension IMO. 

39 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

How any person born and bred in Scotland can continue to argue a case for the “Union” is beyond comprehension IMO. 

Stockholm Syndrome I'm afraid also indifference, ignorance and stupidity.

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Stockholm Syndrome I'm afraid also indifference, ignorance and stupidity.

What about folk like me who just dont give a shiny fekin shite about countries and flags and face painting.

Put me in the indifferent category.

As with most .

Stockholm syndrome house jocks uncle tams all phrases hijacked by absolute away with its.

58 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Many on here don't and never have - their  argument is they will be worse off financially so will happily stay shackled to Westminster. 

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

What about folk like me who just dont give a shiny fekin shite about countries and flags and face painting.

As with most .

Stockholm syndrome house jocks uncle tams all phrases hijacked by absolute away with its.

I couldn't care less about face painting but my flag is the saltire of Scotland and it's the national symbol of my country. That's why there's flags for all countries on this planet.

The lack of intelligence in the independence debate is staggering and lots of folk on here are very quick to show us their credentials! 

19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I couldn't care less about face painting but my flag is the saltire of Scotland and it's the national symbol of my country. That's why there's flags for all countries on this planet.

The lack of intelligence in the independence debate is staggering and lots of folk on here are very quick to show us their credentials! 

Enjoy your meaningless flag.

Load ay auld pish

Captain Canada

In theory I quite like the idea of independence but the sums don't add up and now we've vastly undersold our wind power, there's even less of a chance of making it work financially.

The best advert for it would be a thriving country with a great health service, education system and investment in businesses. At the moment all of those things are in a state of rapid decline. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

In theory I quite like the idea of independence but the sums don't add up and now we've vastly undersold our wind power, there's even less of a chance of making it work financially.

The best advert for it would be a thriving country with a great health service, education system and investment in businesses. At the moment all of those things are in a state of rapid decline. 

In your opinion! UK is skint and an embarrassment. We'll do just fine on our own.

20 minutes ago, Ked said:

Enjoy your meaningless flag.

Load ay auld pish

Cheers, I will. You enjoy your...... whatever it is you support.

manaliveits105
21 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Fair comment 

Space Mackerel
52 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

When did Canada get full fiscal autonomy? 

Space Mackerel
31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fair comment 

Auld German Liz and her peado son got 25% of the sale of the wind farm land. 😁🇬🇧

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Ked said:

As with most .

Folk like me who don’t care but post you don’t care on a fitba forum. Good yin. 😁😁😁

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Auld German Liz and her peado son got 25% of the sale of the wind farm land. 😁🇬🇧

She owns 12 miles of the sea bed off the coast of these islands. 
I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything more ****ing outrageous and a more deserving reason of dragging them out into the street and executed than that. 
**** the royal family. 

For a country that supposedly isn't religious, we sure do have plenty of flat earth beings. 

Getting shot of the Kingdom of Scotland post independence, should now be a priority. 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

As with most .

Well that's me convinced of your indifference

Konrad von Carstein
On 21/01/2022 at 11:33, manaliveits105 said:

:qqb006:

I've been against independence for most of my life .. but this current Tory government has changed my mind. Being part of EU is a must for me to vote for it

Captain Canada
9 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

In your opinion! UK is skint and an embarrassment. We'll do just fine on our own.

Of course it's my opinion. The UK government is an embarrassment as well. We need better people in politics across all parties but it seems to attract ego maniacs who forget why they were elected.

I think the best politicians are the ones who just quietly get on with their jobs and aren't constantly lying and contradicting themselves on TV every day. Unfortunately there are way too many of those people in all parties right now. 

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Of course it's my opinion. The UK government is an embarrassment as well. We need better people in politics across all parties but it seems to attract ego maniacs who forget why they were elected.

I think the best politicians are the ones who just quietly get on with their jobs and aren't constantly lying and contradicting themselves on TV every day. Unfortunately there are way too many of those people in all parties right now. 

👍. It's all been dragged down to a very low level by the old parties. We should vote for independence, start new parties and get a written, binding constitution with an elected second chamber.

1 hour ago, hmfc_steve said:

I've been against independence for most of my life .. but this current Tory government has changed my mind. Being part of EU is a must for me to vote for it

Welcome on board.