***Official Celtic vs. Heart of Midlothian matchday thread***

martoon

9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Have to be honest, blowing the whistle for a pulled muscle actually trumped the offside...

The worse decision by Madden on the night amplified by giving the ball to Celtic to restart, who never gave it back to Hearts, but went on the attack.

Hearts were in possession when he blew up for Jota's injury, which he shouldn't have as it was not a head injury, and he should have waited until the ball had gone dead.

Madden not to blame for the goal though, that was down to the assistant referee not flagging for offside.

I thought both Halkett and Souttar were magnificent at the back tonight.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

We're normally utter shit to be fair. Celtic were the better team tonight. 

and?

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Pretty much a training session for celtic tonight, didn't keep possession at all, and when we did get chances 😳

Could of been worse big man saved us again. 

Judging by the relief/reaction of 40,000+ Celtic fans at the final whistle tonight you couldn’t be wider of the mark. 
Presume you missed the opportunities scorned by GMS, Kingsley, McKay, Boyce and Halkett. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, John Findlay said:

The worse decision by Madden on the night amplified by giving the ball to Celtic to restart, who never gave it back to Hearts, but went on the attack.

Hearts were in possession when he blew up for Jota's injury, which he shouldn't have as it was not a head injury, and he should have waited until the ball had gone dead.

Madden not to blame for the goal though, that was down to the assistant referee not flagging for offside.

I thought both Halkett and Souttar were magnificent at the back tonight.

Never mind, John. You can get back to obsessing over Sevco tomorrow.  

Maroon Sailor

Berra won't make a career as a pundit.

He gets wheeled out from Time to time for Hearts matches amd says nothing of note and can't commit himself to coming down on the Hearts side of the fence.

That's what he's fecking there for just like Stan is there to big up Celtic.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Desperate to move on! All about Celtic. Will they highlight the bottles getting thrown at McKay - you bet your boots they would if it happened at Tynecastle!

Hearts really need to broadcast this to the media!

Maybe McKay should have done a Lennon and gone down like a ton of bricks when he was hit!

My feeling entirely!

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Mate come on, I know you aren’t a Neilson fan. But I don’t think Celtic really troubled Gordon bar Forrest chance In the second half. I think containing them if possible is the correct tactic cause they were running on empty last 20-25. We had more than enough chances to win that game there.

You don't think they troubled him fair enough. 

4 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Hes clearly not comfortable in front of the canera, unlike boyd or stewart.

But you'd never know that he'd spent so long at Hearts with his wishy washy sittimg on the fence pish

I think it demonstrates why he was a poor club captain on the pitch. I'm sure he's a nice guy and was a good captain off the pitch but his opinions are wishy-washy and presentation of them is powder-puff...It's like he is terrified of being controversial, or upsetting the majority (ie Celtic fans)

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Does a game last 45 minutes? 

Can you post the full time stats please. 

Can you set aside your obvious agenda to give a fair assessment? 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Desperate to move on! All about Celtic. Will they highlight the bottles getting thrown at McKay - you bet your boots they would if it happened at Tynecastle!

Hearts really need to broadcast this to the media!

You mean the celtic propaganda machine?

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

We're normally utter shit to be fair. Celtic were the better team tonight. 

They have far superior players. You'd expect them to dominate possession and have more chances, not much we could have done other than keep our discipline and wait for a chance to break. 

Mate come on, I know you aren’t a Neilson fan. But I don’t think Celtic really troubled Gordon bar Forrest chance In the second half. I think containing them if possible is the correct tactic cause they were running on empty last 20-25. We had more than enough chances to win that game there.

If containing them is the best tactic did we win? 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Easy work tbh. 

Is that why they were so desperate for a second? Because they knew we had the energy in us to get an equaliser while they dropped like flies. 

Never mind, John. You can get back to obsessing over Sevco tomorrow.  

Kettle Black Pot, rearrange as necessary.

Just now, Gizmo said:

Can you set aside your obvious agenda to give a fair assessment? 

Yes I'm calling it for what it is, we had chances not down to good play due to celtic feck ups and blew it. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

They should just give a free kick at edge of penalty box when missiles are thrown. That would soon stop it. 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, daavojaay said:

Berra is a retarded turdfaced prick****n little cock****in pig arse knob!

Im not keen on him either😆😆😆

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

If containing them is the best tactic did we win? 

Nope but it worked at tynecastle. It was an offside goal, could have been a point away from home at parkhead. First half was poor but second half was very promising

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Pretty much a training session for celtic tonight, didn't keep possession at all, and when we did get chances 😳

Could of been worse big man saved us again. 

You're a total and utter troll. Robbed of a point, good performance and gave everything.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes I'm calling it for what it is, we had chances not down to good players due to celtic feck ups and blow it. 

Pathetic. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, John Findlay said:

Kettle Black Pot, rearrange as necessary.

Let's see who mentions them first. You like to get your 5 a day in. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Judging by the relief/reaction of 40,000+ Celtic fans at the final whistle tonight you couldn’t be wider of the mark. 
Presume you missed the opportunities scorned by GMS, Kingsley, McKay, Boyce and Halkett. 

I would say the players let Neilson down tbh. 

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

McKay,Boyce and McKay-Steven up front for Livy game please.

Ginnelly, Boyce and GMS for me. 

4 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Sad to say, but when the bottle hit Mckay he should have went down.

Then when the coin came after it, the players should have gone to the centre circle and refused to play on!!!

This is the only way to stop this kind of behaviour!!!

Completely agree! We need to take a page out of Neil Lennon's book, it is very sad but that is what it has come to, I am so sick of this!

Just in case anyone was wondering. It’s totally sound to skelp bottles off players heads when they’re taking corners. FAO section N…

The ref will just tell the player to hurry up 

Edited by haj

Barrie McKay dealt with the bottles very well. He should be getting a phone call from the SFA (and the Celtic Chief Executive) complimenting him. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

You're a total and utter troll. Robbed of a point, good performance and gave everything.

Everybody who disagrees with you is a troll. Change the record.😴

Let's see who mentions them first. You like to get your 5 a day in. 

Luquidated in my life time and yours: the ultimate FAILURE. I don't need 5. Nor does anybody else

Malinga the Swinga

Everybody who disagrees with you is a troll. Change the record.😴

Other people can respond to you. Fed up with your games. Goodnight.

If Berra can't see that is offside I am so glad he no longer plays in our defence! Not sure why he is trying to be neutral. Good pundits give opinions. 

Nope but it worked at tynecastle. It was an offside goal, could have been a point away from home at parkhead. First half was poor but second half was very promising

Yes and i understand that, but at the end of the day goals win games they got 1 goal and it was offside but we didn't that's the bottom line. 

We can moan all we want about it being offside, but the reality of it is Kingsley got a free header to make it 1-1, and McKay had a chance to score too.